[VIDEO] The "Writers" For She-Hulk Own Up To Being Stupid

Alan Smithee

Sep 3, 2022, 4:18:09 PMSep 3
Instead of being canonical they're making up $hit stories as they go ...
*big* shock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJwJ2t-0QI

anim8rfsk

Sep 4, 2022, 12:28:25 PMSep 4
Well Anna TSWG is cute but I don’t know why anybody is surprised to find
out this is how stuff is done

shawn

Sep 4, 2022, 12:48:30 PMSep 4
On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:28:20 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>Alan Smithee <al...@last.inc> wrote:
>> Instead of being canonical they're making up $hit stories as they go ...
>> *big* shock.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJwJ2t-0QI
>>

>Well Anna TSWG is cute but I don’t know why anybody is surprised to find
>out this is how stuff is done

I think she gets some things wrong. First off she assumes Gao hasn't
read the comic but my understanding is she's the one that pushed this
with Marvel because she is a big fan of the character. Also it's the
character is a lawyer that is supposed to be working with the super
powered people so of course they are going to be using characters
people already know, whether that be guest stars that we have already
seen in the MCU like Abomination and Hulk or new characters that
haven't been used in the MCU. It's not like they are doing 24 episodes
this season so they need to hit hard with whatever they plan to do.

anim8rfsk

Sep 4, 2022, 10:26:31 PMSep 4
shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:28:20 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Alan Smithee <al...@last.inc> wrote:
>>> Instead of being canonical they're making up $hit stories as they go ...
>>> *big* shock.
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJwJ2t-0QI
>>>

>> Well Anna TSWG is cute but I don’t know why anybody is surprised to find
>> out this is how stuff is done
>
> I think she gets some things wrong. First off she assumes Gao hasn't
> read the comic but my understanding is she's the one that pushed this
> with Marvel because she is a big fan of the character.

Being a fan of the character doesn’t mean she’s ever read a comic book.

Also it's the
> character is a lawyer that is supposed to be working with the super
> powered people so of course they are going to be using characters
> people already know, whether that be guest stars that we have already
> seen in the MCU like Abomination and Hulk or new characters that
> haven't been used in the MCU.

It would be nice if they had a list of what characters she can and can’t
use but from what I understand it’s more like she has to ask and have to
research every time.

It's not like they are doing 24 episodes
> this season so they need to hit hard with whatever they plan to do.

shawn

Sep 4, 2022, 11:11:15 PMSep 4
On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 19:26:26 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:28:20 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>>> Well Anna TSWG is cute but I don’t know why anybody is surprised to find
>>> out this is how stuff is done
>>
>> I think she gets some things wrong. First off she assumes Gao hasn't
>> read the comic but my understanding is she's the one that pushed this
>> with Marvel because she is a big fan of the character.
>
>Being a fan of the character doesn’t mean she’s ever read a comic book.

I don't know how else she's going to know much about the character as
she doesn't come up much outside of comic book discussion.

>Also it's the
>> character is a lawyer that is supposed to be working with the super
>> powered people so of course they are going to be using characters
>> people already know, whether that be guest stars that we have already
>> seen in the MCU like Abomination and Hulk or new characters that
>> haven't been used in the MCU.
>
>It would be nice if they had a list of what characters she can and can’t
>use but from what I understand it’s more like she has to ask and have to
>research every time.
I suspect it's a question of what the higher ups intend for each
character which no one is going to know except for them. Then there's
also the question of scheduling and how much any actor wants to be on
the show. It's got to be one massive headache which is why the show
might have been better off going animated instead of live action. It's
something I noticed with the animated Tick vs the live action Tick.

anim8rfsk

Sep 5, 2022, 5:04:03 AMSep 5
shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 19:26:26 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
>> shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

>>> I think she gets some things wrong. First off she assumes Gao hasn't
>>> read the comic but my understanding is she's the one that pushed this
>>> with Marvel because she is a big fan of the character.
>>
>> Being a fan of the character doesn’t mean she’s ever read a comic book.
>
> I don't know how else she's going to know much about the character as
> she doesn't come up much outside of comic book discussion.

I was at Fox when they first got Spider-Man rights. They had a half a dozen
people sitting in a room saying “a spider man. A spider man. What would
that be? Would it be a man who looks like a spider?“
Nobody went near a comic.

>> Also it's the
>>> character is a lawyer that is supposed to be working with the super
>>> powered people so of course they are going to be using characters
>>> people already know, whether that be guest stars that we have already
>>> seen in the MCU like Abomination and Hulk or new characters that
>>> haven't been used in the MCU.
>>
>> It would be nice if they had a list of what characters she can and can’t
>> use but from what I understand it’s more like she has to ask and have to
>> research every time.
> I suspect it's a question of what the higher ups intend for each
> character which no one is going to know except for them. Then there's
> also the question of scheduling and how much any actor wants to be on
> the show. It's got to be one massive headache which is why the show
> might have been better off going animated instead of live action. It's
> something I noticed with the animated Tick vs the live action Tick.
>

>> It's not like they are doing 24 episodes
>>> this season so they need to hit hard with whatever they plan to do.

David Johnston

Sep 22, 2022, 12:51:18 AM (3 days ago) Sep 22
"Canonical"? What the hell are you talking about? There is no such
thing as "canonical" in Marvel comics.

Ubiquitous

Sep 23, 2022, 7:38:13 AM (2 days ago) Sep 23
In article <tggpk1$1q4r$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, davidjo...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 2022-09-03 2:17 p.m., Alan Smithee wrote:

>> Instead of being canonical they're making up $hit stories as they go ...
>> *big* shock.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpJwJ2t-0QI
>
> "Canonical"? What the hell are you talking about?

I think he's talking about her comic book from the 1980's.

> There is no such thing as "canonical" in Marvel comics.

Oh, that's mean!

--
Let's go Brandon!