Merrin Dungey - ever coming back to "King of Queens"?

James

Feb 4, 2002, 8:25:35 PM2/4/02
Spoilers for tonight's show:

Another hilarious episode tonight (Doug's dancing, Doug riding a mechanical
bull) dealing with the fallout of Kelly leaving Deacon.

Has Merrin left her role for good? How large of a role does she have on
"Alias"? I never liked her as Kelley (the woman in S1 was better, don't know
her name), so she can stay away as long as she wants to.

ShortyDiva

Feb 5, 2002, 11:31:11 AM2/5/02
>How large of a role does she have on
>"Alias"? I never liked her as Kelley (the woman in S1 was better, don't know
>her name), so she can stay away as long as she wants to.

In my opinion Merrin's role on Alias should have never interferred with her
character on KoQ's just like her small role on Malcolm In The Middle hadn't.
On all three shows she gets minimal exposure and it seems odd that she wouldn't
be able to juggle all of them.

It may be an issue of battling networks since KoQ's is CBS and Alias is ABC?
Either way, she annoys me no matter what character she plays except maybe the
mom on Malcolm In The Middle. I get a little chuckle off of her then.

I've no idea what the reason is, but I do recall actress Victoria Rowell having
three paying jobs at one time during her career. One being a daytime soap,
then Diagnosis Murder and also small roles in videos and other shows. At one
point she was the hardest working woman on television, IMO. :-)

James

Feb 6, 2002, 2:19:45 AM2/6/02
> short...@aol.com (ShortyDiva) wrote:

>In my opinion Merrin's role on Alias should have never interferred with her
>character on KoQ's just like her small role on Malcolm In The Middle hadn't.
>On all three shows she gets minimal exposure and it seems odd that she
>wouldn't
>be able to juggle all of them.

Maybe her exit from KoQ was storyline-dictated.

>It may be an issue of battling networks since KoQ's is CBS and Alias is ABC?
>Either way, she annoys me no matter what character she plays except maybe the
>mom on Malcolm In The Middle. I get a little chuckle off of her then.

I think I'm losing my mind, because I went to an episode guide and apparently
she *did* portray Kelly in the first season.

Ever since S2, they have tried to make Kelly fiester or more snappy, and it
mostly translated into, as Doug and Carrie said, "she frowned at everything.
The woman never smiled."