Good luck trying to blame Baldwin.

trotsky

Oct 23, 2021, 2:20:38 PM10/23/21
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-saturday/index.html

Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon,
court document shows

RichA

Oct 23, 2021, 2:27:29 PM10/23/21
Why did Baldwin point it at people not in a scene and fire it?
Why police need a warrant to search the scene where it happened?

moviePig

Oct 23, 2021, 2:40:14 PM10/23/21
Yeah, but Baldwin is still plainly immersed in Original Liberal Guilt...

(Actually, someone else will likely have told the crew member the gun
was "cold", and so it will go. What I'm wondering is how the live round
got in there in the first place, or was even anywhere near the set.)

RichA

Oct 23, 2021, 3:34:19 PM10/23/21
Yeah, the bending over part was very...staged.
As was the publicist-written statement he issued, carefully casting blame on some mythical being...

Capricorne

Oct 23, 2021, 5:13:11 PM10/23/21
He probably pointed it at the camera. Normal. :-?

Pete

Oct 23, 2021, 5:53:19 PM10/23/21
In article <eGYcJ.5412$3t7....@fx13.iad>,
Yep. To me there are two *very* interesting questions outstanding:

1) How come there was a "Live round" anywhere near the set, and -- even
more -- what possible reason would there be to load it into *any* prop?
It had to be deliberate.

2) The cardinal rule of *all* gun handling is that you *never* point it
at anyone. Why did Baldwin do so -- and presumably intentionally pull
the trigger?

Answers anxiously awaited.

-- Pete --

EGK

Oct 23, 2021, 5:53:35 PM10/23/21
From what i've read, they often use a remote camera for scenes like that or
have a shield between the actors and the crew.
The fact this was a low budget movie and a lot of the crew walked off the
set because of safetly concerns makes me think they were probably cutting
corners.

David Johnston

Oct 24, 2021, 1:07:51 AM10/24/21
He was trying to practice a fast draw for an upcoming scene while not
being very familiar with guns, so he wasn't in very good control of
where the gun was pointed.

David Johnston

Oct 24, 2021, 1:12:25 AM10/24/21
On 2021-10-23 12:27 p.m., RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 14:20:38 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-saturday/index.html
>>
>> Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon,
>> court document shows
>
> Why did Baldwin point it at people not in a scene and fire it?

Grab a gun hastily and it might go off.

> Why police need a warrant to search the scene where it happened?

They don't. The warrant is to confiscate recordings and equipment for
examination.

RichA

Oct 24, 2021, 3:17:07 AM10/24/21
On Sunday, 24 October 2021 at 01:12:25 UTC-4, David Johnston wrote:
> On 2021-10-23 12:27 p.m., RichA wrote:
> > On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 14:20:38 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-saturday/index.html
> >>
> >> Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon,
> >> court document shows
> >
> > Why did Baldwin point it at people not in a scene and fire it?
> Grab a gun hastily and it might go off.

A six-gun single action? Not unless it's cocked. Was he so incompetent he'd cocked it, aimed it and fired it, all by mistake?
Maybe he wanted to "fan" it?

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 5:34:40 AM10/24/21
It was a prop gun that was supposed to have blanks. If he was supposed
to fire it during a movie scene what the fuck would expect to happen?
Your brain appears to be nothing more than a swirling toilet bowl at
this point. Even the simplest concepts escape you.

RichA

Oct 24, 2021, 7:17:06 AM10/24/21
On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 14:20:38 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
Let the blame-shifting begin....

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/entertainment/rust-shooting-assistant-director-halls-complaints/index.html

EGK

Oct 24, 2021, 7:51:50 AM10/24/21
Even if that were true, practicing a fast draw, ending up in pointing a
weapon at someone is irresponsible.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwin-ignored-no-1-rule-of-gun-safety-hollywood-weapons-expert/

And the actor is now likely to face a gauntlet of legal challenges —
including possible criminal charges — as both the man who pulled the
trigger and as the executive producer responsible for set safety, legal
experts said.

“Loaded or unloaded, a weapon never gets pointed at another human being,”
Hollywood firearms consultant Bryan Carpenter of Dark Thirty Film Services
told The Post.

Baldwin, 63, fired a prop gun that killed Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured
the film’s director, Joel Souza, on the “Rust” set in Santa Fe, NM, on
Thursday.

For safety, all live firearms used in TV and film productions are typically
aimed at a dummy point, not at equipment, cast or crew, Carpenter noted.
Guns, he said, are never aimed at a person.

A Hollywood weapons expert thinks Alec Baldwin broke the most important rule
of handling a gun.

Jim Weber/The New Mexican
“You never let the muzzle of a weapon cover something you don’t intend to
destroy,” said Carpenter, whose New Orleans-based firm has worked on the
sets of scores of TV and film productions. “All guns are always loaded. Even
if they are not, treat them as if they are.”

Former filmmaker and former US National Shooting Team member Peter Lake put
the blame on Baldwin.

“The buck stops with Alec Baldwin on every level,” he told The Post. “It
looks very bad for him. At least the captain of the Titanic had the good
sense to go down with the ship.”

Baldwin was told it was safe to use the prop gun minutes before he fired
the round that fatally struck Hutchins, a warrant application from the Santa
Fe County Sheriff’s Office says.

At the time, Hutchins was behind a camera operator’s monitor, looking over
the operator’s shoulders, a source close to the crew told The Los Angeles
Times, and Souza was behind them.

Crew had “yet to retreat” to the video village — an area set up for crew —
to watch “from a distance,” the paper reported.

Still, Baldwin may face serious legal trouble, possibly including negligent
manslaughter, Joseph Costa, an attorney with Costa Law in Los Angeles, told
The Post.

“As an executive producer you are in a position of control and you can get
prosecuted criminally,” he said. “It’s the equivalent of drinking and
driving, meaning someone may not have intended to cause great harm but they
do.”

“All the state needs to demonstrate is that he was engaged in a lawful, but
dangerous act and did not act with due caution,” she said.

“That’s what the state has to prove for involuntary manslaughter, which is a
fourth-degree felony with a maximum penalty of up to 18 months in prison.”

She speculated that Baldwin may argue that someone handed him the gun, “but
then, well, it was incumbent upon him, since he was handling the gun, to
make sure there were no rounds.”

“Clearly someone didn’t do their due diligence,” she said. “They should have
been checking those guns to make sure there were no live rounds.”

LA defense attorney Denise Bohdan predicted that “anyone running that set
will be sued.”

“Yes, Alec Baldwin was the main producer, but it might be found out that
another producer did more to cut corners. I don’t think there will be
anything as bad as a murder charge, but this is going to be a legal
nightmare for Baldwin,” she said.

The production was reportedly troubled over its firearms and general safety
on the set.

The prop gun had misfired twice on Oct. 16 and once the week before,
according to the LA Times, and union workers said the set was plagued by
safety issues, prompting them to walk out in the hours ahead of Thursday’s
tragic shooting.

Experts also claimed that live ammo should never have been on the set to
begin with.

“I can’t think of any reason there would be a live round anywhere on set,”
Lake said.

“They are generally prohibited from movie sets. There is no explanation I
can think of why there would be a live round in a gun on set. You certainly
wouldn’t have it in the hands of an actor.”

Ed Stasiak

Oct 24, 2021, 8:42:03 AM10/24/21
> moviePig
>
> (Actually, someone else will likely have told the crew member the gun
> was "cold", and so it will go. What I'm wondering is how the live round
> got in there in the first place, or was even anywhere near the set.)

Agreed. There are two layers of blame before it falls in Baldwin and
the fact is, he was handling the gun as a part of his "work duties" and
had an expectation of having the proper tool for the job.

The armorer bears the most blame, as she was supposed to prep the gun
with the _correct load_ for the scene, presumably inert dummy rounds as
the cinematographer and director were in the line of fire and if blanks had
been called for, they'd have been off to the side and the camera would have
been on a tripod.

The assistant director is also to blame as there’s no reason for him to be
_handling any guns_, that's the armorer's job and only she should have been
handing Baldwin a gun and immediately taking it back into her possession
the moment the camera stopped rolling.

Baldwin is to blame for being a typical liberal dumbass who has no
understanding of basic safe gun handling, despite doing all kinda movies
over the years where he was handling guns (he’s even bragged about it).

It's been mentioned that any accidental shooting is a crime but I don't think
Baldwin should get jail time over this, as in this case it's kinda like a truck
driver getting into an accident because the truck his company provided was
poorly maintained.

Though it's my understanding that Baldwin is a producer on the movie, thus
its his company.

EGK

Oct 24, 2021, 9:45:00 AM10/24/21
On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 05:42:00 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
<edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> moviePig
>>
>> (Actually, someone else will likely have told the crew member the gun
>> was "cold", and so it will go. What I'm wondering is how the live round
>> got in there in the first place, or was even anywhere near the set.)
>
>Agreed. There are two layers of blame before it falls in Baldwin and
>the fact is, he was handling the gun as a part of his "work duties" and
>had an expectation of having the proper tool for the job.

According to the NY post by way of TMZ, the Rust crew or actors were using
the gun for "fun" as well as a movie prop. IE, target shooting.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/halyna-hutchins-killed-by-rust-prop-gun-used-by-crew-off-set-for-fun-report/

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 10:18:41 AM10/24/21
Who does your cognitively embarrassing mind say is to blame?

moviePig

Oct 24, 2021, 10:24:17 AM10/24/21
From this distance, I gotta say that, although every one of those
precautions seems to make perfect sense, their very simplicity also
suggests that, as with any human activity, sooner or later shit's gonna
happen. E.g., we could argue that Baldwin should've re-examined the
load himself _every time_ the gun left his immediate control, but human
nature makes that a corner that'll occasionally be cut...

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 10:52:46 AM10/24/21
Newsflash: NY Post is a piece of trash.

https://archives.cjr.org/the_audit/the_new_york_posts_disgrace.php

The New York Post’s disgrace
The paper smears a kid and a young man on its front page as possible
terrorists

This is from 2013 and no they haven't gotten more credible since then no
matter how much anonyshit weasels like you and Derpshit protest. Hope
this helps.

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 10:53:00 AM10/24/21
On 10/24/21 9:24 AM, moviePig wrote:

> From this distance, I gotta say that, although every one of those
> precautions seems to make perfect sense, their very simplicity also
> suggests that, as with any human activity, sooner or later shit's gonna
> happen.  E.g., we could argue that Baldwin should've re-examined the
> load himself _every time_ the gun left his immediate control, but human
> nature makes that a corner that'll occasionally be cut...

Dude, do you not follow the news? Baldwin will have zero liability here
despite what right wing shitbags and their sockpuppets say. The
armorer, Hannah Gutierrez may or many not be criminally liable.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alec-baldwin-film-rust-hired-inexperienced-armorer-hannah-gutierrez-reed-before-halyna-hutchins-shooting

Movies
'Inexperienced’ Armorer on Baldwin Set Raised Alarm Bells on Prior Film
‘INEXPERIENCED AND GREEN’

Filming was briefly halted on the set of 24-year-old armorer Hannah
Gutierrez-Reed’s last movie after she allegedly gave a gun to an
11-year-old without checking it properly.

moviePig

Oct 24, 2021, 11:17:23 AM10/24/21
Good, informative article (...though I have little prior knowledge of
tDB's reliability). But I'm wondering: in what job-description universe
is an Assistant Director the "last line of defense" in gun-safety?

Ed Stasiak

Oct 24, 2021, 11:20:03 AM10/24/21
> EGK
>
> According to the NY post by way of TMZ, the Rust crew or actors were using
> the gun for "fun" as well as a movie prop. IE, target shooting.
>
> https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/halyna-hutchins-killed-by-rust-prop-gun-used-by-crew-off-set-for-fun-report/

"Multiple sources connected to the production of the film told TMZ
that the gun was fired at off-the-clock gatherings – which could
explain how a live round found its way into the gun’s chamber.

Another source who was on set told the outlet that when cops arrived
they found live ammo and blank rounds stored in the same area, where
the fatal mix-up could have occurred."

“Hey guys, lets hire this 23 year old girl as head armorer, we can get
her for cheep. What could go wrong?”…

anim8rfsk

Oct 24, 2021, 11:29:50 AM10/24/21
Union stooge.

Ed Stasiak

Oct 24, 2021, 11:45:10 AM10/24/21
> moviePig
> > trotsky
> >
> > https://www.thedailybeast.com/alec-baldwin-film-rust-hired-inexperienced-armorer-hannah-gutierrez-reed-before-halyna-hutchins-shooting
>
> Good, informative article (...though I have little prior knowledge of
> tDB's reliability). But I'm wondering: in what job-description universe
> is an Assistant Director the "last line of defense" in gun-safety?

Indeed. This is some dumbass Hollywood type we’re talking about here,
odds are he doesn’t know shit about guns and sure as shit shouldn’t be
grabbing random guns and handing them to actors.

The armorer is the first and last line of security, it’s literally in the job
description.

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 1:18:17 PM10/24/21
Beast is one of many great left wing sites. As for your question, I
have no idea, maybe Derp can ask Kenny Starbuck or whatever the fuck the
guy's name was.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 24, 2021, 1:21:09 PM10/24/21
David Johnston <davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On 2021-10-23 12:27 p.m., RichA wrote:
>>On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 14:20:38 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:

>>>https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-saturday/index.html

>>>Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon,
>>>court document shows

>>Why did Baldwin point it at people not in a scene and fire it?

>Grab a gun hastily and it might go off.

Do you always grab guns with your finger on the trigger? Stay far away
from people, Johnston.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 24, 2021, 1:26:35 PM10/24/21
Why are you apologizing for Baldwin pointing the gun at two people? Why
the hell did anyone hand Baldwin a gun knowing that he was too
irresponsible to have learned Safety Rule #1: Don't point it at people.

What is he, a pre-teen boy handed his first handgun to start gangbanging
with on the streets of Chicago, or a responsible adult in his 60s who
also happened to be the producer of a movie he's starring in? At what
age does he start taking safety seriously, age 70?

I've never handled a gun. Even I know the rule about not pointing it at
people. But I'm not a movie producer responsible for the success of the
project and responsible for the safety and well being of cast and crew.

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 24, 2021, 1:30:38 PM10/24/21
EGK <memy...@null.net> wrote:
>Sun, 24 Oct 2021 05:42:00 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com>:

>>>moviePig

>>>(Actually, someone else will likely have told the crew member the gun
>>>was "cold", and so it will go. What I'm wondering is how the live round
>>>got in there in the first place, or was even anywhere near the set.)

>>Agreed. There are two layers of blame before it falls in Baldwin and
>>the fact is, he was handling the gun as a part of his "work duties" and
>>had an expectation of having the proper tool for the job.

>According to the NY post by way of TMZ, the Rust crew or actors were using
>the gun for "fun" as well as a movie prop. IE, target shooting.

>https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/halyna-hutchins-killed-by-rust-prop-gun-used-by-crew-off-set-for-fun-report/

Jesus fucking Christ. Baldwin is truly the most irresponsible asshole
that's ever produced a movie in Hollywood. That's quite an achievement.

I love how there's the ASPCA and the American Humane Association to
advocate for animal well being. When will someone give a shit about
people?

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 24, 2021, 1:44:25 PM10/24/21
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 14:20:38 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:

>>>https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-saturday/index.html

>>>Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon,
>>>court document shows

>>Let the blame-shifting begin....

>>https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/entertainment/rust-shooting-assistant-director-halls-complaints/index.html

>Union stooge.

It doesn't matter if she were the most unsafe A.D. in the world. Baldwin
is still her boss and ultimately responsible for her failures.

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 3:11:40 PM10/24/21
Verman is fucked in the head. The gun filled with blanks is required to
make it look like it's a realistic shot. Verman et al seem to think
this is never done in the movies. They are fairies living a fairy tale.

trotsky

Oct 24, 2021, 3:12:18 PM10/24/21
On 10/24/21 10:29 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 14:20:38 UTC-4, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/23/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-saturday/index.html
>>>

>>> Crew member yelled 'cold gun' as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon,
>>> court document shows
>>
>> Let the blame-shifting begin....
>>
>> https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/24/entertainment/rust-shooting-assistant-director-halls-complaints/index.html
>>

> Union stooge.

"RichA" is in a union? WTF?

David Johnston

Oct 24, 2021, 5:11:41 PM10/24/21
On 2021-10-24 11:21 a.m., Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> David Johnston <davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Why did Baldwin point it at people not in a scene and fire it?
>
>> Grab a gun hastily and it might go off.
>
> Do you always grab guns with your finger on the trigger? Stay far away
> from people, Johnston.

I stay away from guns. But I'm pretty sure these guys all had their
finger inside the trigger guard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFkpOwsu33E&ab_channel=Benjy