The Rookie bans live guns on set

EGK

Oct 23, 2021, 11:31:47 AM10/23/21
They could just cancel this show that's gotten totally ridiculous and do
everybody a favor.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/abc-the-rookie-bans-live-guns-alec-baldwin-shooting

ABC's "The Rookie" has decided to ban "live" weapons from its set following
the fatal shooting that took place on the set of Alec Baldwin's "Rust" on
Thursday.

The new policy is effective immediately, showrunner Alexi Hawley informed
his staff on Friday, according to reports...

Neill Massello

Oct 23, 2021, 3:22:44 PM10/23/21
On 2021-10-23 at 09:31:40 MDT, "EGK" <memy...@null.net> wrote:

> They could just cancel this show that's gotten totally ridiculous and do
> everybody a favor.

But then we wouldn't get to see Nolan's "shop" get aerated every week by some
random LA criminal gang with automatic weapons -- while he escapes without a
scratch. And I'll never give up hope of once more seeing the Nazi Queen in her
Bentley.

BTR1701

Oct 23, 2021, 3:49:21 PM10/23/21
On Oct 23, 2021 at 12:22:40 PM PDT, "Neill Massello" <nmas...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> On 2021-10-23 at 09:31:40 MDT, "EGK" <memy...@null.net> wrote:
>
>> They could just cancel this show that's gotten totally ridiculous and do
>> everybody a favor.
>
> But then we wouldn't get to see Nolan's "shop" get aerated every week by some
> random LA criminal gang with automatic weapons -- while he escapes without a
> scratch.

By hiding behind it, as if it's an up-armored Humvee or something. I learned
the hard way in the academy that a standard vehicle is mostly just
concealment, not cover. The only place on a vehicle that is cover is behind
the wheels.

Not only will rounds from just about any gun go straight through modern cars,
a shooter can also skip rounds off the pavement beneath the car and tear your
legs to shreds.

trotsky

Oct 23, 2021, 6:36:01 PM10/23/21
On 10/23/2021 2:49 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Oct 23, 2021 at 12:22:40 PM PDT, "Neill Massello" <nmas...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-10-23 at 09:31:40 MDT, "EGK" <memy...@null.net> wrote:
>>
>>> They could just cancel this show that's gotten totally ridiculous and do
>>> everybody a favor.
>>
>> But then we wouldn't get to see Nolan's "shop" get aerated every week by some
>> random LA criminal gang with automatic weapons -- while he escapes without a
>> scratch.
>
> By hiding behind it, as if it's an up-armored Humvee or something. I learned
> the hard way in the academy that a standard vehicle is mostly just
> concealment, not cover.

How did you learn "the hard way," did you get hit by multiple rounds?
Methinks you're lying again.