He achieved what Sheldon couldn't do...

Ubiquitous

Dec 6, 2017, 7:17:39 AM12/6/17
If you visit David Hahn in his home in Michigan, you are likely to
find documents about time travel, speed of light and anti-gravity
papers casually lying on top of the dust covering his coffee table.
As David himself says, he likes to put all his plans on paper for
quite some time now.

When you hear him speak, he sounds like an academic who retired with
honors. But he is not exactly one, not even close. And he is far
from retiring, which may cause worries in some folks.

David got famous overnight about twenty years ago and since then is
known for the public as “The Radioactive Boy Scout”. He is both a
genius and a misfit, and at just 17 years of age, he was able to
build a nuclear reactor in the shed at his mother’s back yard. Now
he admits that there were probably were some issues regarding the
safety of the experiment, but he still believes that spending 60,000
dollars of government money to clean up was a bit exaggerated, to
say the least. He insists that it never was more than a nuclear
reactor model and the shed had never actually glowed in the dark as
described by others.

The desire to own a merit badge of the Boy Scouts was the reason why
David decided to build a reactor in his mum’s potting shed. The
radiation reportedly became strong enough to make the whole shed
glow.

David’s innocent intentions were the reason an entire 40,000 people
neighborhood was shut down on 26th June 1996. In November 1995 the
process had been initiated when David got arrested after some
reports that some kids were stealing tires in Michigan’s Clinton
Township. Then, upon checking up his car, some radioactive materials
had been found in a toolbox. He admitted that he had a laboratory in
his back yard shed, therefore the state’s experts on radiology went
on to check what was going on. And they did find something – more
than a thousand times the radiation levels, which are normal for a
common background. They immediately sealed the place and gave a call
to the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency).

Next comes that faithful June morning, EPA agents, dressed in their
astronaut-like gear, disassembled the whole shed, sealing all the
material inside and shipping it to Utah, where it was buried deep.

If you ask David, even today he just doesn’t see the point of such
radical actions, as he only intended to create a scale model, not
recreate Chernobyl.

Now he’s 37 years old and the lack of concerns from the youth days
is gone, and his skin had faded in time, too. But despite all the
scientific talk and research, the old David is not that far away
from the present one.

Most people would probably quit all experimenting for good after
such turn of events, but David is not like most people and he
continues to try and cross any known barrier. His latest ambition is
to invent a light bulb that is capable of glowing for a hundred
years, and he claims that it is very possible.

Kenneth, David’s father, was the one that signed him up with the Boy
Scouts two years prior the backyard nuclear events. His dad thought
this will teach him discipline and he may find a purpose in life.

Soon it became apparent that David wanted more than just the
knowledge of some survival skills like rubbing sticks to start a
fire or to fix the tire of a bicycle. As he states himself, he felt
the urge to invent, to take a step further than the others.

Needless to say, he was the first scout in the town’s history to
ever get a merit badge in a field you probably guessed, Atomic
Energy.

He dreamed of possessing every last element from the periodic table.
It is just that David did not fit in the norm for everyone else, and
he still doesn’t.

He has a hard time finding friends, because people with his level of
expertise and his interests are pretty hard to find. He spends a lot
of time in correspondence with a nuclear store owner, who is a
former Area 51 employee, as well as with a nuclear engineer, located
in Albuquerque.

He enjoys writing letter so much that some days they reach the
number of forty.

He played in soccer and baseball teams when he attended Chippewa
Valley High School, and even keeps some trophies won in soccer,
which can be seen on a little table in his Michigan home.

Despite the success he has, David has always considered that sports
just wasted his time. The thing that he was always keen on was
science and since those early days his attention has only grown
bigger. He started with astronomy because of his love for the
planets. He is still convinced that someday mankind will eventually
set foot on Mars or one of Jupiter’s moons.

anim8rfsk

Dec 6, 2017, 7:59:25 AM12/6/17
Oh, Ubi, Ubi, Ubi

Let's start by saying that the author of this article is an insane lying
imbecile

https://factswt.com/in-1996-a-boy-scout-from-michigan-obtained-several-ra
dioactive-materials-and-built-a-working-nuclear-reactor/

Amongst other things, David Hahn is not 37 years old. David Hahn is
dead. For some time now in fact.

Yes, the guy that wrote this is such an insane lying imbecile that he
didn't even bother to check if the stuff he's writing about Hahn in
present tense is remotely possible, by virtue of Hahn being, you know,
alive or anything.

He's such an insane lying imbecile he doesn't know to hyphenate
Spider-Man. Do I need to run the clip from FRIENDS?

He never built a working nuclear reactor, much less a breeder. That's
nonsense. Yes, PBS says it happened, but that's because PBS are insane
lying imbeciles, not because it actually happened.

Nobody saw his entire shed glow. If they had, they'd be dead too.

He basically scraped stuff he shouldn't have off of smoke detectors. If
he'd have done it millions of times more, he might have created a
problem. But not a working reactor. And not a breeder.

In article <p08n4t$7kl$4...@dont-email.me>,
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

A Friend

Dec 6, 2017, 9:12:40 AM12/6/17
In article <anim8rfsk-3320D...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> Oh, Ubi, Ubi, Ubi
>
> Let's start by saying that the author of this article is an insane lying
> imbecile
>
> https://factswt.com/in-1996-a-boy-scout-from-michigan-obtained-several-ra
> dioactive-materials-and-built-a-working-nuclear-reactor/
>
> Amongst other things, David Hahn is not 37 years old. David Hahn is
> dead. For some time now in fact.
>
> Yes, the guy that wrote this is such an insane lying imbecile that he
> didn't even bother to check if the stuff he's writing about Hahn in
> present tense is remotely possible, by virtue of Hahn being, you know,
> alive or anything.
>
> He's such an insane lying imbecile he doesn't know to hyphenate
> Spider-Man. Do I need to run the clip from FRIENDS?
>
> He never built a working nuclear reactor, much less a breeder. That's
> nonsense. Yes, PBS says it happened, but that's because PBS are insane
> lying imbeciles, not because it actually happened.
>
> Nobody saw his entire shed glow. If they had, they'd be dead too.
>
> He basically scraped stuff he shouldn't have off of smoke detectors. If
> he'd have done it millions of times more, he might have created a
> problem. But not a working reactor. And not a breeder.

I looked around that site. They also have "facts" about World War II,
including a picture of Hitler and his niece Geli Raubal, with whom he
had an affair ... except that the pic is actually a publicity still of
look-alike actors from a 1943 U.S. propaganda movie called THE HITLER
GANG. I love stuff like this.

https://factswt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/ww2-758x379.jpg

Obveeus

Dec 6, 2017, 9:15:13 AM12/6/17
So, this is where someone is supposed to come along and post the
hashtag: '#FakeNews'?

Hass

Dec 6, 2017, 9:35:55 AM12/6/17
Poor Ubi...falling for the fake news again. #Sad.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 6, 2017, 10:43:35 AM12/6/17
On 12/6/2017 6:35 AM, Hass wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:17:39 AM UTC-6, Ubiquitous wrote:
>> If you visit David Hahn in his home in Michigan, you are likely to
>> find documents about time travel, speed of light and anti-gravity
>> papers casually lying on top of the dust covering his coffee table.

Am I the only one seeing the problem with all those papers ON TOP OF the
dust? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

instinct are running screaming.

Ubiquitous

Dec 6, 2017, 11:55:22 AM12/6/17
In article <anim8rfsk-3320D...@news.easynews.com>, anim...@cox.net wrote:

>Oh, Ubi, Ubi, Ubi
>
>Let's start by saying that the author of this article is an insane lying
>imbecile
>
>https://factswt.com/in-1996-a-boy-scout-from-michigan-obtained-several-radioactive-materials-and-built-a-working-nuclear-reactor/
>
>Amongst other things, David Hahn is not 37 years old. David Hahn is
>dead. For some time now in fact.
>
>Yes, the guy that wrote this is such an insane lying imbecile that he
>didn't even bother to check if the stuff he's writing about Hahn in
>present tense is remotely possible, by virtue of Hahn being, you know,
>alive or anything.
>
>He's such an insane lying imbecile he doesn't know to hyphenate
>Spider-Man. Do I need to run the clip from FRIENDS?
>
>He never built a working nuclear reactor, much less a breeder. That's
>nonsense. Yes, PBS says it happened, but that's because PBS are insane
>lying imbeciles, not because it actually happened.
>
>Nobody saw his entire shed glow. If they had, they'd be dead too.
>
>He basically scraped stuff he shouldn't have off of smoke detectors. If
>he'd have done it millions of times more, he might have created a
>problem. But not a working reactor. And not a breeder.

Yeah, I thought it was funny, but don't show Sheldon.

Obveeus

Dec 6, 2017, 12:20:30 PM12/6/17

On 12/6/2017 10:43 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 12/6/2017 6:35 AM, Hass wrote:
>> On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:17:39 AM UTC-6, Ubiquitous wrote:
>>> If you visit David Hahn in his home in Michigan, you are likely to
>>> find documents about time travel, speed of light and anti-gravity
>>> papers casually lying on top of the dust covering his coffee table.
>
> Am I the only one seeing the problem with all those papers ON TOP OF the
> dust?  Shouldn't that be the other way around?

That seems to be a bit of proof that someone has been following his work
recently. Either that or bad writing.

Adam H. Kerman

Dec 6, 2017, 12:21:11 PM12/6/17
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

>Oh, Ubi, Ubi, Ubi

>Let's start by saying that the author of this article is an insane lying
>imbecile

>https://factswt.com/in-1996-a-boy-scout-from-michigan-obtained-several-ra
>dioactive-materials-and-built-a-working-nuclear-reactor/

>Amongst other things, David Hahn is not 37 years old. David Hahn is
>dead. For some time now in fact. . . .

In The Manhattan Project, I always loved that the kid preserved
radioactive isotopes in fluoresent green dish detergent and mounted them
on a pegboard.

anim8rfsk

Dec 6, 2017, 1:16:29 PM12/6/17
In article <p09373$11f$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

> On 12/6/2017 6:35 AM, Hass wrote:
> > On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 6:17:39 AM UTC-6, Ubiquitous wrote:
> >> If you visit David Hahn in his home in Michigan, you are likely to
> >> find documents about time travel, speed of light and anti-gravity
> >> papers casually lying on top of the dust covering his coffee table.
>
> Am I the only one seeing the problem with all those papers ON TOP OF the
> dust? Shouldn't that be the other way around?

No, because the reporter made it all up.

anim8rfsk

Dec 6, 2017, 1:16:56 PM12/6/17
In article <p098ss$ej4$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
Or the reporter is just a lying sack of shit.

anim8rfsk

Dec 6, 2017, 1:18:06 PM12/6/17
In article <p08u1e$v1g$1...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:
We need a nastier wording.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2017, 2:25:55 PM12/6/17
On Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 7:59:25 AM UTC-5, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Oh, Ubi, Ubi, Ubi
>
> Let's start by saying that the author of this article is an insane lying
> imbecile
>
> https://factswt.com/in-1996-a-boy-scout-from-michigan-obtained-several-ra
> dioactive-materials-and-built-a-working-nuclear-reactor/
>
> Amongst other things, David Hahn is not 37 years old. David Hahn is
> dead.

Well, the good news is David Hahn is not alone in death. He has many radioactive friends with him from Apollo Penn.

The really good news is, none of those dead are Israeli....

"In the 1960s, hundreds of pounds of uranium went missing in Pennsylvania. Is it buried in the ground, poisoning locals—or did Israel steal it to build the bomb?"
http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/03/23/what-lies-beneath-numec-apollo-zalman-shapiro/

-----------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtJmVDoY904

Lesmond

Dec 7, 2017, 3:50:06 PM12/7/17
On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:20:28 -0500, Obveeus wrote:

>On 12/6/2017 10:43 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>>
>> Am I the only one seeing the problem with all those papers ON TOP OF the
>> dust? ÿ Shouldn't that be the other way around?
>
>That seems to be a bit of proof that someone has been following his work
>recently. Either that or bad writing.

I don't think English is the author's first language.

--
Do not spray into eyes
I have sprayed you into my eyes

anim8rfsk

Dec 7, 2017, 3:55:53 PM12/7/17
In article <yrfzbaqirevmbaar...@192.168.0.8>,
"Lesmond" <les...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 12:20:28 -0500, Obveeus wrote:

> >> Am I the only one seeing the problem with all those papers ON TOP OF the
> >> dust? ? Shouldn't that be the other way around?
> >
> >That seems to be a bit of proof that someone has been following his work
> >recently. Either that or bad writing.
>
> I don't think English is the author's first language.

Well, the writer is a lying imbecile.

Lesmond

Dec 8, 2017, 11:40:03 PM12/8/17
Seems to be that, too.

RichA

Dec 9, 2017, 12:37:34 AM12/9/17
Despite what the article says, Hahn is an American who ironically represents what made America great. The realization that achievement entails risk. You can't expect to enjoy the products of a productive and RISK-taking civilization and not share in the risks. Had people like Hahn not existed in the late 19th and early 20th century, American would never have gotten the bomb, Russia or China certainly would have developed it and the world's power balance today would be starkly different than it is. Now, pussies and litigation-terrified progs consider mixing baking soda and vinegar to be a "dangerous" form of chemistry.