Kids' Saturday morning ratings

David

Feb 19, 2004, 9:07:58 AM2/19/04
from toonzone.net

Universal Ratings Report for Saturday 2/7
By Tommy Lawson

Kids 6-11 Ratings for Saturday, February 7, 2004
All Times Eastern

Broadcast Networks:

Kids WB (8 am-12 pm):
(3.7/16 Average)
8:00 am- Jackie Chan Adventures (2.3/16)
8:30 am- Astro Boy (2.3/12)
9:00 am- Teen Titans (3.8/16)
9:30 am- Xiaolin Showdown (4.6/18)
10:00 am- Pokemon: Advanced (4.7/18)
10:30 am- ¡Mucha Lucha! (3.7/15)
11:00 am- Yu-Gi-Oh!: Enter the Shadow Realm (3.9/16)
11:30 am- Static Shock (4.2/19)

ABC Kids (8 am - 12:30 pm):
(1.9/9 Average)
8:00 am- Lilo & Stitch (1.8/12)
8:30 am- Recess (2.1/11)
9:00 am- Fillmore (2.0/8)
9:30 am- The Proud Family (2.3/9)
10:00 am- Lizzie McGuire (2.5/9)
10:30 am- That’s So Raven (2.6/10)
11:00 am- Kim Possible (1.7/7)
11:30 am- Power Rangers Ninja Storm (0.8/4)
12:00 pm- Power Rangers Ninja Storm (1.2/6)

Fox Box (8 am-12 pm):
(1.3/6 Average)
8:00 am- Cubix (0.9/5)
8:30 am- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1.3/6)
9:00 am- Kirby (1.7/7)
9:30 am- Shaman King (1.3/5)
10:00 am- Sonic X (1.5/6)
10:30 am- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1.4/6)
11:00 am- Ultimate Muscle (1.5/6)
11:30 am- Sonic X (1.1/5)

CBS (Nick on CBS) (7 am - 9 am / 11:00 am - 12:00 pm):
(1.3/6 Average)
7:00 am- The Wild Thornberrys (0.9/5)
7:30 am- Hey Arnold! (1.3/6)
8:00 am- ChalkZone (1.9/8)
8:30 am- Little Bill (1.8/7)
11:00 am- Dora the Explorer (1.1/4)
11:30 am- Blue’s Clues (0.7/3)

NBC (Discovery Kids) (10 am - 1 pm):
(0.9/4 Average)
10:00 am- Kenny the Shark (0.9/3)
10:30 am- Tutenstein (0.7/3)
11:00 am- Trading Spaces: Boys vs. Girls (0.9/3)
11:30 am- Endurance (1.0/4)
12:00 pm- Strange Days at Blake Hosley High (1.0/5)
12:30 pm- Scout’s Safari (1.1/5)

Cable Networks:

Nickelodeon (8 am - 12 pm):
(4.7/20 Average)
8:00 am- Rugrats (3.5/20)
8:30 am- Rugrats (3.9/18)
9:00 am- SpongeBob SquarePants (4.9/20)
9:30 am- SpongeBob SquarePants (5.5/22)
10:00 am- Fairly OddParents (6.1/24)
10:30 am- Fairly OddParents (5.0/21)
11:00 am- Jimmy Neutron (3.8/17)
11:30 am- Jimmy Neutron (4.6/21)

Cartoon Network (8 am-12 pm):
(1.7/8 Average)
8:00 am- Courage the Cowardly Dog (1.4/8)
8:30 am- The Powerpuff Girls (2.0/11)
9:00 am- Codename: Kids Next Door (2.2/9)
9:30 am- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (2.1/8)
10:00 am- Dexter’s Laboratory (1.8/7)
10:30 am- Ed, Edd, & Eddy (1.7/7)
11:00 am- Evil Con Carne (1.3/6)
11:30 am- Duck Dodgers (1.3/6)

Disney Channel (8 am-12 pm)
(1.1/5 Average)
8:00 am -The Wiggles (0.9/5)
8:30 am- Jojo’s Circus (0.5/2)
9:00 am- The Wiggles (0.9/4)
9:30 am- Stanley (1.0/4)
10:00 am- Rolie Polie Olie (0.8/3)
10:30 am- House of Mouse (0.9/4)
11:00 am- Recess (1.7/8)
11:30 am- Recess (1.7/8)

ABC Family (7am-12pm)
(0.7/3 Average)
Individual Program Data Not Available

[Source: Cynthia Turner's Cynopsis: Kids!]

Andy Jakcsy

Feb 20, 2004, 12:50:13 AM2/20/04
David reportz:

<<
>10:00 am- Pokemon: Advanced (4.7/18)

Does it scare anyone else that Pokemon is once again the highest rated network
kids' show on Saturday Mornings? And that it's beaten only by Spongebob and
Fairly Oddparents in the overall Sat. Morn. ratings?

----
"When John Ritter died, it significantly affected his ability to perform."
--Comment on "8 Simple Rules", jumptheshark.com

EvWill

Feb 20, 2004, 8:46:13 PM2/20/04
djax...@aol.computer (Andy Jakcsy) wrote:

>David reportz:
>
><<
>>10:00 am- Pokemon: Advanced (4.7/18)
>>

>Does it scare anyone else that Pokemon is once again the highest rated
>network
>kids' show on Saturday Mornings? And that it's beaten only by Spongebob and
>Fairly Oddparents in the overall Sat. Morn. ratings?

"Pokemon" has some new supporting characters this season. Maybe that freshened
the show for some kids.

I'm more amazed at the falloff of support for "Yu-Gi-Oh" this winter. I don't
know how it went over in Japan but veering away from the season's main
storyline seems to have shaken the ratings here.

Everett W.

David

Feb 20, 2004, 9:54:50 PM2/20/04
djax...@aol.computer (Andy Jakcsy) wrote in message news:<20040220005013...@mb-m23.aol.com>...

> David reportz:
>
> <<
> >10:00 am- Pokemon: Advanced (4.7/18)
> >

> Does it scare anyone else that Pokemon is once again the highest rated network
> kids' show on Saturday Mornings? And that it's beaten only by Spongebob and
> Fairly Oddparents in the overall Sat. Morn. ratings?

I'm surprised at how badly the "Power Rangers" are doing. They must
still be really popular in other countries, otherwise I don't see why
Disney would keep ordering more seasons.

Aaron Pynn

Feb 20, 2004, 10:21:24 PM2/20/04

Pokemon's return to the top doesn't surprise me I kinda figured it
inevitable. Spongebob is the Rocky and Bullwinkle for this generation. I am
amzed by the stuff they do when I watch this show with my kid. From what I
hear it's a big college cult program.
Fairly Oddparents is a twisted show and those seem to do well.
I feel that with the success of Shonen Jump Magazine we'll see a whole new
list of Anime programs hit it big on tv. I haven't gotten to see the
Americanized version of Shaman King yet but I hope it does the Japanes
version justice.