Why does Australia have such a hard-on for lockdowns? Reality show lockdown

RichA

Sep 22, 2021, 7:51:32 PM9/22/21
Kind of weird. Their government is conservative, but they seem to lock-down at the drop of a hat. No idea how many they've had.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58653197

Your Name

Sep 23, 2021, 12:34:18 AM9/23/21
New Zealand's "hard lockdowns" have meant we reportedly have the lowest
Covid infection and death rate per capita in the world ... thank
goodness for an at least semi-comptent and *sensible* government,
despite the whinging morons!!

The problem is that with bigger populations, "hard lockdowns" become
more difficult ... even a small percentage of morons breaking the rules
can be thousands of people. Having land borders with other countries
also make it more easy for idiots to move between countries.

BTR1701

Sep 23, 2021, 12:38:25 AM9/23/21
On Sep 22, 2021 at 9:34:15 PM PDT, "Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2021-09-22 23:51:29 +0000, RichA said:
>>
>> Kind of weird. Their government is conservative, but they seem to
>> lock-down at the drop of a hat. No idea how many they've had.
>>
>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58653197
>
> New Zealand's "hard lockdowns" have meant we reportedly have the lowest
> Covid infection and death rate per capita in the world ... thank
> goodness for an at least semi-comptent and *sensible* government,
> despite the whinging morons!!

I know, right?

And if we literally welded everyone into their homes, or better yet, started
putting them all in some kind of camp or something, we could probably not only
bring our Wuhan Flu rates down, but also regular flu, pneumonia, and just
about every other disease, too. Imagine all the lives we could save if only
all those whinging morons would just shut up and allow a full-fledged police
state to take over.

BTR1701

Sep 23, 2021, 12:43:29 AM9/23/21
Australian police, saving another citizen from Wuhan Flu:

https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1440770631671300106?s=20

Now the guy doesn't have to worry about the Wuhan Flu he might, maybe,
possibly, on the off chance, caught by not wearing a mask. That subdural
hematoma will finish him off long before the Szechuan Shivers ever will.

Great job, coppers!

trotsky

Sep 23, 2021, 4:25:56 AM9/23/21
Being able to cause the sickness or death of other citizens isn't
'freedom' it's criminal negligence you stupid white supremacist asshole.

trotsky

Sep 23, 2021, 6:34:13 AM9/23/21
On 9/22/21 11:38 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2021 at 9:34:15 PM PDT, "Your Name" <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2021-09-22 23:51:29 +0000, RichA said:
>>>
>>> Kind of weird. Their government is conservative, but they seem to
>>> lock-down at the drop of a hat. No idea how many they've had.
>>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58653197
>>
>> New Zealand's "hard lockdowns" have meant we reportedly have the lowest
>> Covid infection and death rate per capita in the world ... thank
>> goodness for an at least semi-comptent and *sensible* government,
>> despite the whinging morons!!
>
> I know, right?

I slept in a semi-comptent once, it wasn't that good.

trotsky

Sep 23, 2021, 6:35:51 AM9/23/21
Yes, their right wing govt. there is fucked. Luckily you're stupidity
and hypocrisy allows you to point this out.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 23, 2021, 6:49:20 PM9/23/21
> Your Name
>
> New Zealand's "hard lockdowns" have meant we reportedly have the
> lowest Covid infection and death rate per capita in the world ... thank
> goodness for an at least semi-comptent and *sensible* government,
> despite the whinging morons!!

Sure… until the lockdown ends and you open back up, at which point
you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field epidemic conditions
_because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which prevented you Kiwis
from acquiring herd immunity.

shawn

Sep 23, 2021, 8:13:21 PM9/23/21
Except that the stated goal is to get to at least 90% vaccinated.
That's why they are considering vaccinating people at fast food places
because apparently they are extremely popular places in New Zealand.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 23, 2021, 8:37:50 PM9/23/21
> shawn
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> >Sure… until the lockdown ends and you open back up, at which point
> >you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field epidemic conditions
> >_because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which prevented you Kiwis
> >from acquiring herd immunity.
>
> Except that the stated goal is to get to at least 90% vaccinated.
> That's why they are considering vaccinating people at fast food places
> because apparently they are extremely popular places in New Zealand.

Where have you been? The vaccine doesn’t protect you from catching
covid nor does it prevent you from spreading it. Follow the science.

Covid cases and deaths are skyrocketing in Israel which is the most
vaccinated nation on the planet, in fact there are now MORE deaths
then when covid first hit and nobody was vaccinated. The Kiwis and
Strayans are going to be fucked when they reopen their societies
(assuming they ever do).

Your Name

Sep 23, 2021, 8:57:05 PM9/23/21
On 2021-09-23 22:49:17 +0000, Ed Stasiak said:
> Your Name
>>
>> New Zealand's "hard lockdowns" have meant we reportedly have the
>> lowest Covid infection and death rate per capita in the world ...
>> thank> goodness for an at least semi-comptent and *sensible*
>> government,> despite the whinging morons!!
>
> Sure... until the lockdown ends and you open back up, at which point
> you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field epidemic conditions
> _because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which prevented you Kiwis
> from acquiring herd immunity.

"Herd immunity" is a fallacy that costs many thousands of lives.

shawn

Sep 23, 2021, 8:59:50 PM9/23/21
On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 17:37:47 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
<edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> shawn
>> > Ed Stasiak
>> >
>> >Sure… until the lockdown ends and you open back up, at which point
>> >you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field epidemic conditions
>> >_because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which prevented you Kiwis
>> >from acquiring herd immunity.
>>
>> Except that the stated goal is to get to at least 90% vaccinated.
>> That's why they are considering vaccinating people at fast food places
>> because apparently they are extremely popular places in New Zealand.
>
>Where have you been? The vaccine doesn’t protect you from catching
>covid nor does it prevent you from spreading it. Follow the science.

I've been listening to the news and the point of the vaccines and the
lock downs is to keep people alive. The vaccines help to do that. Get
90% of the population vaccinated and the cases of Covid will be rare
and shouldn't be of any threat to overload the hospitals.

>Covid cases and deaths are skyrocketing in Israel which is the most
>vaccinated nation on the planet, in fact there are now MORE deaths
>then when covid first hit and nobody was vaccinated. The Kiwis and
>Strayans are going to be fucked when they reopen their societies
>(assuming they ever do).

I haven't checked on what is happening in Israel but I wouldn't be
shocked to find that early on they just didn't have much exposure to
the virus. Now it's likely everywhere around the world. As to the
deaths, who is dying? I doubt it's many of the vaccinated.

BTR1701

Sep 23, 2021, 9:02:53 PM9/23/21
LOL! It's hardly a fallacy. It's been a proven biological principle for the
better part of a century.

Your Name

Sep 23, 2021, 9:06:59 PM9/23/21
On 2021-09-24 00:13:18 +0000, shawn said:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:49:17 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
> <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Your Name
>>>
>>> New Zealand's "hard lockdowns" have meant we reportedly have the
>>> lowest Covid infection and death rate per capita in the world ... thank
>>> goodness for an at least semi-comptent and *sensible* government,
>>> despite the whinging morons!!
>>
>> Sure... until the lockdown ends and you open back up, at which point
>> you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field epidemic conditions
>> _because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which prevented you Kiwis
>> from acquiring herd immunity.
>
> Except that the stated goal is to get to at least 90% vaccinated.
> That's why they are considering vaccinating people at fast food places
> because apparently they are extremely popular places in New Zealand.

Fast food places are popular everywhere, mostly with the lazy and
incompetent who can't even boil water.

The US tried it and was largely a failure
<https://californiahealthline.org/news/article/covid-vaccination-popup-clinic-mcdonalds/>

they were even offering people who got vaccainted free beer, donuts, etc.
<https://finance.yahoo.com/news/heres-what-fast-food-giants-companies-are-doing-to-support-the-covid-19-vaccine-push-134213555.html>

The current lockdown here in Auckland dropped a level at 11:59pm on
Tuesday night allowing fast food places to re-open (for non-contact
pick-up and drive through orders) and there were already idiots lining
up at KFC, McDonalds, etc. waiting. :-\

Coffee is another place that is popular amongst the idiots with more
money than sense (again because they can't boil water themselves).

Your Name

Sep 23, 2021, 9:08:56 PM9/23/21
On 2021-09-24 00:37:47 +0000, Ed Stasiak said:

>> shawn
>>> Ed Stasiak> >> >Sure... until the lockdown ends and you open back up,
>>> at which point> >you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field
>>> epidemic conditions> >_because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which
>>> prevented you Kiwis> >from acquiring herd immunity.
>>
>> Except that the stated goal is to get to at least 90% vaccinated.>
>> That's why they are considering vaccinating people at fast food places>
>> because apparently they are extremely popular places in New Zealand.
>
> Where have you been? The vaccine doesn't protect you from catching
> covid nor does it prevent you from spreading it. Follow the science.

Tru, but it does lessen the effects, as well as lessen the
hopistalisation and death rates.

> Covid cases and deaths are skyrocketing in Israel which is the most
> vaccinated nation on the planet, in fact there are now MORE deaths
> then when covid first hit and nobody was vaccinated. The Kiwis and
> Strayans are going to be fucked when they reopen their societies
> (assuming they ever do).

Anti-vaccine conspiracy nutter garbage.

moviePig

Sep 23, 2021, 10:50:30 PM9/23/21
I think the practical meaning of 'herd immunity' is that, for whatever
combination of reasons, transmission is so impeded that outbreaks tend
to peter out rather than to spread like wildfire. In particular, it
*doesn't* mean that you can "catch" immunity from your neighbor.

BTR1701

Sep 23, 2021, 11:01:38 PM9/23/21
LOL! Herd immunity has been a proven biological principle for the better part
of a century now.

Your Name

Sep 23, 2021, 11:15:03 PM9/23/21
Yes, but thousands of people would die and hospitals would be
overwhelmed with cases long before reaching that point.

trotsky

Sep 23, 2021, 11:26:58 PM9/23/21
There you go representing science again. Funny how you don't seem to
have any comment on people deworming themselves though. Almost as if
you had a complete lack of balls.

trotsky

Sep 23, 2021, 11:28:09 PM9/23/21
On 9/23/2021 8:06 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2021-09-24 00:13:18 +0000, shawn said:
>> On Thu, 23 Sep 2021 15:49:17 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
>> <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Your Name

>>> Sure... until the lockdown ends and you open back up, at which point
>>> you guys in Hobbiton will be facing virgin-field epidemic conditions
>>> _because_ of the draconian lockdowns, which prevented you Kiwis
>>> from acquiring herd immunity.
>>
>> Except that the stated goal is to get to at least 90% vaccinated.
>> That's why they are considering vaccinating people at fast food places
>> because apparently they are extremely popular places in New Zealand.
>
> Fast food places are popular everywhere, mostly with the lazy and
> incompetent who can't even boil water.

Very well anonyshitted! You can boil water but can muster a real name!

moviePig

Sep 23, 2021, 11:40:26 PM9/23/21
But I assume that, while locked down, you're all getting vaccinated...

Your Name

Sep 24, 2021, 2:24:40 AM9/24/21
The term "herd immunity" deoesn't have anything to do with vaccinations
- it means people who are naturally immune because they have already
had and survived the virus. To reach that point means sacrificing the
lives of those who don't survive the virus, as well as overwhelming the
hospital systems ... that's why it's an idiotic idea and was been
abandoned by other countries.

The New Zealand Government is pushing for 90% vaccination of possible
population. At that point they think they won't need full lockdowns. (I
assume that excludes those too young, although under 12 year olds may
be possible soon too, and those who cannot be vaccinated for health
reasons) and will instead just continue isolating (in some form) those
who have the virus.

The likelihood is that no country will be returning to "normal" for a
long time yet.

BTR1701

Sep 24, 2021, 2:28:04 AM9/24/21
In article <sijqv4$gms$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
Except Sweden, which is doing better than most everyone else.

> The New Zealand Government is pushing for 90% vaccination of possible
> population. At that point they think they won't need full lockdowns.

If you're 90% vaxxed and still even considering "full lockdowns", you're
the actual morons you're always complaining about.

trotsky

Sep 24, 2021, 5:58:05 AM9/24/21
You sound like Fauci after he's had a frontal lobotomy.

David Johnston

Sep 24, 2021, 10:32:13 AM9/24/21
Or, you know, they just vaccinate and not in a half-assed "35% won't
comply" way.

David Johnston

Sep 24, 2021, 10:34:27 AM9/24/21
That's wrong. Herd immunity achieved by a vaccination program is just
as legitimate as herd immunity achieved the deadly way.

moviePig

Sep 24, 2021, 11:05:03 AM9/24/21
That depends on your priorities (e.g., acceptable fatalities), resources
(e.g., ICU beds), etc., ...which makes it a judgement call that few
politicians are willing to be explicit about.

BTR1701

Sep 24, 2021, 12:22:11 PM9/24/21
In article <siknha$em7$1...@dont-email.me>,
No, in a "hold you down and do it by force" police state way.

BTR1701

Sep 24, 2021, 12:24:51 PM9/24/21
In article <wOl3J.61780$tG6....@fx39.iad>,
You can't have a functioning society with endless 'full lockdowns' and
they cause their own share of fatalities as well, which no one seems to
care about since March of 2020. Only the people who die from Wuhan Flu
are of concern.

David Johnston

Sep 24, 2021, 2:40:14 PM9/24/21

Your Name

Sep 24, 2021, 6:08:04 PM9/24/21
It also depends on what new variants (and other fast-spreading health
issues) come along. If, for example, Covid-Zeta is completely vaccine
resistant, then lockdowns will of course return until an updated
vaccine has been administered.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2021, 3:56:08 AM9/25/21
On Sep 24, 2021 at 11:40:10 AM PDT, "David Johnston"
Australia as the world knew it is dead, replaced with a new dystopian medical
terrorism.

Thousands of police assemble on Melbourne streets, demanding identification
and questioning people about their vaccine status and support of government
Wuhan Flu-tyranny measures. If they don't answer 'correctly', they are
arrested, handcuffed, and taken away 'for processing'.

https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/status/1441401248243019789?s=20

Australia debuts medical martial law, where police choke you into
unconsciousness for not wearing a mask:

https://twitter.com/kylekashuv/status/1441521250426245120?s=21

trotsky

Sep 25, 2021, 4:42:41 AM9/25/21
Is this statement supposed to mean something?

trotsky

Sep 25, 2021, 5:02:08 AM9/25/21
Let me get this this straight, you're feeling so weak and effeminate
that you feel threatened by Oz now? Watch out for those Koalas, they
have huge teeth and claws!!

moviePig

Sep 25, 2021, 9:44:56 AM9/25/21
'Video-without-context'... is this the new 'quote-without-comment'?

> Australia debuts medical martial law, where police choke you into
> unconsciousness for not wearing a mask:
>
> https://twitter.com/kylekashuv/status/1441521250426245120?s=21

What are the chances she went there to be confrontational ...1000%?

Ed Stasiak

Sep 25, 2021, 10:14:15 AM9/25/21
> moviePig
> > BTR1701
> >
> > https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/status/1441401248243019789?s=20
> > https://twitter.com/kylekashuv/status/1441521250426245120?s=21

How the fuck can anybody watch that and then say with a straight face
that THIS is a perfectly acceptable way to deal with the issue?!

> What are the chances she went there to be confrontational ...1000%?

Ahh, well that answers my question...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/1d/7c/71/1d7c71398f2240b2667d9e9c49928e0d.jpg

moviePig

Sep 25, 2021, 10:35:47 AM9/25/21
I don't know if it's a perfectly acceptable way to deal with "the
issue", because the video gives me no clue as to what "the issue" IS. I
do, however, feel that neither the event NOR the video is spontaneous...

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2021, 11:39:26 AM9/25/21
In article <pJF3J.125629$F26.1...@fx44.iad>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/25/2021 3:56 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > On Sep 24, 2021 at 11:40:10 AM PDT, "David Johnston"
> > <davidjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/KDdnR9gYyCWkiTad.JizIQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxh
> >> bmRlcjt3PTk2MDtjZj13ZWJw/https://media.zenfs.com/en/the_conversation_canada
> >> _501/716af28b43355fd00a7efc4ba2921e23
> >>
> >> https://ca.news.yahoo.com/covid-19-anti-vaxxers-same-111629810.html
> >
> > Australia as the world knew it is dead, replaced with a new dystopian
> > medical terrorism.
> >
> > Thousands of police assemble on Melbourne streets, demanding identification
> > and questioning people about their vaccine status and support of government
> > Wuhan Flu-tyranny measures. If they don't answer 'correctly', they are
> > arrested, handcuffed, and taken away 'for processing'.
> >
> > https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/status/1441401248243019789?s=20
>
> 'Video-without-context'... is this the new 'quote-without-comment'?

> > Australia debuts medical martial law, where police choke you into
> > unconsciousness for not wearing a mask:
> >
> > https://twitter.com/kylekashuv/status/1441521250426245120?s=21
>
> What are the chances she went there to be confrontational ...1000%?

Wherein moviePig endorses the idea of police choking out people merely
for protesting-- who by definition are confrontational, that being the
whole point of protesting.

Amazing how the narrative has changed with regard to cops choking people
out.

trotsky

Sep 25, 2021, 1:29:26 PM9/25/21
You showed one person. You lie every time you say "people." Who
wouldn't want to change the narrative from outright lying like you do
constantly?

P.S. we've had enough of four years of Trump airing his mental illness.
Both of you are pathological liars.

moviePig

Sep 25, 2021, 2:25:14 PM9/25/21
Unless you know more than your link, it's entirely possible that her
mission statement was to provoke the most violent imagery for editing.

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2021, 2:47:10 PM9/25/21
Even if that was her intent, a cop is (theoretically) not supposed to allow
himself to be 'provoked' into doing something CLEARLY ILLEGAL. She can be as
confrontational as she likes; it will never excuse a cop using deadly force on
her.

At least Chauvin had the excuse that his knee on Floyd's neck was incidental
to subduing and arresting him. This cop was literally just attacking a citizen
and apparently trying to kill her.

For

Not

Wearing

Mask

Even the Taliban doesn't murder women for not wearing their face-coverings.

moviePig

Sep 25, 2021, 5:25:05 PM9/25/21
No, he's holding her by the neck, and, afaics, she never shuts up during
this alleged strangulation attempt. If he'd grabbed her by the arm,
would you'd say he was trying to induce gangrene? Sorry, the more I
look at this, the more it seems a put-up job. Play stupid games...

> At least Chauvin had the excuse that his knee on Floyd's neck was incidental
> to subduing and arresting him. This cop was literally just attacking a citizen
> and apparently trying to kill her.
>
> For
>
> Not
>
> Wearing

> Mask
>
> Even the Taliban doesn't murder women for not wearing their face-coverings.

Are you sure about that?

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2021, 5:53:22 PM9/25/21
In article <NsM3J.76671$YW.1...@fx05.iad>,
Neither did George Floyd, at least not until the end.

When it was pointed out that if Floyd was talking, he was breathing, we
were told by frothing leftists, including one in this newsgroup whose
screen name rhymes with Def-Tee-Tee, that even saying that is racist, so
be careful what you say, bigot.

> > At least Chauvin had the excuse that his knee on Floyd's neck was
> > incidental to subduing and arresting him. This cop was literally just
> > attacking a citizen and apparently trying to kill her.
> >
> > For
> >
> > Not
> >
> > Wearing

> > Mask
> >
> > Even the Taliban doesn't murder women for not wearing their face-coverings.
>
> Are you sure about that?

LOL! Way to miss the point.

moviePig

Sep 25, 2021, 6:16:06 PM9/25/21
Afaik, Floyd was being suffocated, not strangled. I.e., air sufficient
to speak, but not to breathe freely. Your victim, otoh, apart from her
arrested head motion appears to be in no distress whatever.

> When it was pointed out that if Floyd was talking, he was breathing, we
> were told by frothing leftists, including one in this newsgroup whose
> screen name rhymes with Def-Tee-Tee, that even saying that is racist, so
> be careful what you say, bigot.

'Racist' would be a miscarriage of logic, and I don't recall it.

>>> At least Chauvin had the excuse that his knee on Floyd's neck was
>>> incidental to subduing and arresting him. This cop was literally just
>>> attacking a citizen and apparently trying to kill her.
>>>
>>> For
>>>
>>> Not
>>>
>>> Wearing

>>> Mask
>>>
>>> Even the Taliban doesn't murder women for not wearing their face-coverings.
>>
>> Are you sure about that?
>
> LOL! Way to miss the point.

I thought the point was to jam in as much hyperbole as possible...

BTR1701

Sep 25, 2021, 6:31:38 PM9/25/21
In article <DcN3J.204295$T_8....@fx48.iad>,
You really think the Def-Tee-Tees and Hutts of this group run their
drivel through a logic filter?

Ed Stasiak

Sep 25, 2021, 8:58:06 PM9/25/21
> moviePig
> > BTR1701
> >
> > Neither did George Floyd, at least not until the end.
>
> Afaik, Floyd was being suffocated, not strangled. I.e., air sufficient
> to speak, but not to breathe freely.

George Floyd was talking the entire time Chauvin
was kneeling on him, until he died of a meth and
fentanyl induced heart attack.

And Floyd was a 6’-4” 223lb man.

moviePig

Sep 25, 2021, 10:40:53 PM9/25/21
Yes, I don't dispute any of that...

trotsky

Sep 26, 2021, 5:19:39 AM9/26/21
You don't dispute the filthy sockpuppet is insinuating the man deserved
to die because he might have had an underlying condition that made it
easier for Chauvin to murder him? What the fuck is wrong with you?

moviePig

Sep 26, 2021, 11:07:54 AM9/26/21
Oops, I must have missed the part about where he "deserved to die"...

Ubiquitous

Sep 26, 2021, 12:02:55 PM9/26/21
Well, actually...

--
Trump won.

trotsky

Sep 27, 2021, 5:55:05 AM9/27/21
I see. And you think that "Ed Stasiak" has a legitimate identity or
don't you care?

moviePig

Sep 27, 2021, 10:30:27 AM9/27/21
Both.

BTR1701

Sep 27, 2021, 12:44:31 PM9/27/21
In article <a104J.205699$T_8....@fx48.iad>,
Apparently "taking lots of illegal drugs" now counts as an "underlying
condition", too.

moviePig

Sep 27, 2021, 2:23:29 PM9/27/21
The drugs are illegal because they're bad for your health, it says here.

trotsky

Sep 27, 2021, 4:28:58 PM9/27/21
Oh, so you think he died of a drug induced heart attack? Even though a
motherfucking asshole has already been convicted of killing him?

trotsky

Sep 27, 2021, 4:33:35 PM9/27/21
I'll assume you're not lying--can you give me some specifics about his
legitimate identity? Anything?

trotsky

Sep 27, 2021, 4:39:22 PM9/27/21
The drugs weren't convicted, Chauvin was you fucking stupid piece of
shit. You are fully indoctrinated in your white supremacist bullshit,
that's for fuck sure.

trotsky

Sep 27, 2021, 4:39:56 PM9/27/21
On 9/27/2021 11:48 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
Oh, and what a surprise you're of the same opinion as your sockpuppet.

moviePig

Sep 27, 2021, 5:38:43 PM9/27/21
This is Usenet, where I don't even know that *I* have a "legitimate
identity". That status must always be a judgement call, albeit one that
imo (another judgement call) deserves a strong default assumption in the
affirmative. Fwiw, I get as strongly consistent a sense of Ed's persona
as I do of most anyone on the n.g. ...e.g., much stronger than I did way
back when FPP and I argued similarly about 'nobody'. And, yeah, I could
always be wrong...

moviePig

Sep 27, 2021, 5:40:27 PM9/27/21
No, I think Chauvin's knee was very likely the proximate cause.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 27, 2021, 5:59:09 PM9/27/21
> moviePig
> > trotsky
> >
> > I'll assume you're not lying--can you give me some specifics about his
> > legitimate identity? Anything?
>
> This is Usenet, where I don't even know that *I* have a "legitimate
> identity". That status must always be a judgement call, albeit one that
> imo (another judgement call) deserves a strong default assumption in the
> affirmative. Fwiw, I get as strongly consistent a sense of Ed's persona
> as I do of most anyone on the n.g. ...e.g., much stronger than I did way
> back when FPP and I argued similarly about 'nobody'. And, yeah, I could
> always be wrong...

Don’t bother moviePig, I’ve been shooting the shit with you and dumbass
trotsky for over 20 years now and he knows this full well.

trotsky

Sep 28, 2021, 5:11:01 AM9/28/21
I see, so you know better than the medical examiner just like
anti-vaxxers know better than the CDC.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/medical-examiner-who-ruled-george-floyd-s-death-homicide-blames-n1263670

Medical examiner who ruled George Floyd's death a homicide blames police
pressure for his death
"My opinion remains unchanged," said Dr. Andrew Baker, who ruled George
Floyd's death a homicide. "It's what I put on the death certificate last
June."

But I'm sure you're "doing your research" just like the anti-vaxxers are.

moviePig

Sep 28, 2021, 10:20:27 AM9/28/21
Do you know what 'proximate' means?

trotsky

Sep 28, 2021, 10:30:19 AM9/28/21
Yes, and it's not a synonym of "exact" which is what the conviction is
based on. Do you know what it means?

moviePig

Sep 28, 2021, 11:33:54 AM9/28/21
Okay. Well, here, it effectively means, e.g., that Floyd might not have
died had he been slimmer, less drug-addled, or even younger ...but all
of that is irrelevant alongside the clear fact that Chauvin's knee was
the act that immediately -- and, since such health-compromising
conditions are hardly uncommon, *foreseeably* -- precipitated death.

trotsky

Sep 28, 2021, 4:44:57 PM9/28/21
I think that contradicts what you said prior but it certainly clears it
up now. Thanks.

moviePig

Sep 28, 2021, 5:14:31 PM9/28/21
I see no inconsistency, although I may have drifted into legalese...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximate_cause

trotsky

Sep 29, 2021, 3:15:43 AM9/29/21
Oh, I see what you're saying. I didn't know that was a legal term. I
think you'll find a medical examiner's conclusion supersedes that.

moviePig

Sep 29, 2021, 10:18:10 AM9/29/21
I knew it was originally a legalism, but thought, maybe mistakenly, that
it had gone somewhat mainstream.

Micky DuPree

Oct 2, 2021, 1:20:42 PM10/2/21
shawn <nanof...@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

> I haven't checked on what is happening in Israel but I wouldn't be
> shocked to find that early on they just didn't have much exposure to
> the virus. Now it's likely everywhere around the world. As to the
> deaths, who is dying? I doubt it's many of the vaccinated.

"COVID in Israel: The 17% Unvaccinated Make Up
60% of Deaths This Week"

<https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/israel-covid-unvaccinated-deaths-pfizer-booster-serious-cases-delta-1.10245471>

The booster shots are working too.

-Micky