MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are a "core threat"

Byker

Nov 29, 2017, 8:20:52 PM11/29/17

Joy WHO, you say? This she-boon's stupidity is beyond the pale. She’s the
one who actually has no understanding of the Constitution and its
progressivism that’s the real threat. Considering the fact that rural
America grows most of our food and serve in the military almost two to one
over urban folks, the only threat that rural Americans pose is if they stop
doing those things.

“To have a national ‘news’ host call rural America a ‘core threat’ to our democracy is both striking arrogance and striking ignorance.”:
https://tinyurl.com/ycls5vhl
Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to
democracy

By Brian Flood
Nov 27, 2017

MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks that rural Americans are “the core threat to our
democracy” and pointed to a series of tweets by liberal author Jared Yates
Sexton that claimed Trump supporters “do not believe in the Constitution or
any founding principles unless they're advantageous” as proof of her
far-left theory.

“By 2040, about 70% of Americans are expected to live in the 15 largest
states. They will have only 30 senators representing them, while the
remaining 30% of Americans will have 70 senators representing them,” MSNBC
producer Kyle Griffin tweeted over the weekend.

Reid, who tweets so often that it’s amazing she finds time to do anything
else, has a feed that is essentially the anti-Trump talking points of the
far left on a daily basis. While Sexton never specifically mentioned the
“rural minority” in his rant, the MSNBC host took it upon herself to quote
Griffin’s tweet add her own commentary tied to Sexton's thread.

“This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people
@JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have
disproportionate power over the urban majority,” Reid tweeted.

Reid said gerrymandering reform and “the abolition of the Electoral College
would be a start” when engaging with followers on how to fix the issue.

The Resurgent editor, radio host and Fox News contributor Erick Erickson
responded, “Griffin's original tweet and Reid's response highlight a core
threat to our constitutional system: basic ignorance.”

Reid seems to use hateful rhetoric on a regular basis and has called Trump
supporters “deplorables,” claimed that living in Trump’s America is the
“worst time to be a human” in the history of the world and even referred to
the Trump administration as “the apocalypse” in recent memory.

While outwardly mocking Middle America, Reid pointed to the Twitter rant of
the man who recently published an anti-Trump book titled, “The People Are
Going to Rise Like the Waters Upon Your Shore,” that reflects on the Trump
movement. Sexton recently tweeted that “Midwesterners put up Confederate
flags” because of “racism” but also “dream of being able to rise up and
remake this country into a fascist place.” However, that comment was tweeted
after Sexton inspired Reid with his 22-tweet thread.

“With Trump's base showing strong preferences for authoritarianism, and
continuing to support a serial predator of children, it's time to look this
problem in its face,” Sexton wrote to kick off the thread that inspired the
MSNBC host to mock rural Americans. “This isn't a political problem. This is
a societal issue, a major, major existential problem with who we are and how
we view the world.”

He continued, saying the problem isn’t about Democrats and Republicans but
rather “a substantial group in this country who are okay with a president
who would stamp out free speech, free press, and are comfortable with
foreign influence and collusion.” Sexton said the people he was referencing
don’t care about mass shootings, support fascism and “didn't blink when a
woman was murdered by white supremacists,” -- an apparent reference to the
killing in Charlottesville, Va., last August.

“They only care about our laws and customs when they help them. They do not
believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're
advantageous,” he wrote. “They've always been here. They've been
slaveholders. They've been confederates. They've been our neighbors. They've
been our family.”

He continued: “Republicans fostered them as a means to push their policies
and leveraged their worst instincts. Now, they've lost hold of the leash and
have been taken over from the inside.”

Sexton said Trump “didn’t create” the issue but “is the total
personification of this worldview.”

The liberal author added, “there's literally no telling what they'll stand
by” and noted that “there are Americans who hold Adolf Hitler in high
regard” because he had “good” ideas.

“If people like Trump continue to push them further, there's literally no
telling what they'll allow or what they'll support. This is how a democracy
backslides into a fascist state,” Sexton wrote.

Erickson wrote, “To have a national ‘news’ host call rural America a ‘core
threat’ to our democracy is both striking arrogance and striking ignorance.”

BTR1701

Nov 29, 2017, 9:28:21 PM11/29/17
In article <n00dnWPyrvleeoHH...@supernews.com>,
"Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:

> "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people
> @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have
> disproportionate power over the urban majority," Reid tweeted.
>
> Reid said gerrymandering reform and "the abolition of the Electoral College
> would be a start" when engaging with followers on how to fix the issue.

And by "gerrymandering reform", she means "gerrymandering on steroids",
which is what she'd have to do to disenfranchise the scary country
people.

> Reid seems to use hateful rhetoric on a regular basis and has called Trump
> supporters "deplorables", claimed that living in Trump's America is the
> "worst time to be a human" in the history of the world.

Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it and
plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
prefers that to Trump's America. Or maybe dump her on the Asian steppes
during the reign of Genghis Khan. See how Reid likes that. I bet she
wouldn't mind President Orange Julius too much if she survived that.

> "With Trump's base showing strong preferences for authoritarianism, and
> continuing to support a serial predator of children, it's time to look this
> problem in its face," Sexton wrote to kick off the thread that inspired the
> MSNBC host to mock rural Americans. "This isn't a political problem. This is
> a societal issue, a major, major existential problem with who we are and how
> we view the world."

And the 'major existential problem' Reid and Sexton seem to have is that
not only do country people have the stones to have different political
views than they do, but that they're allowed to vote those views into
office.

> "They only care about our laws and customs when they help them. They
> do not believe in the Constitution or any founding principles unless
> they're advantageous."

That sounds like an awful lot of progs, especially of late. When the New
York Times is running articles with headlines like, "Is it time we
rethink Free Speech?", or when popular feminist authors and Vogue
columnists say things like, "It's okay if innocent men lose their
careers and reputations over false accusations if it means we can smash
the patriarchy", it's hard to pretend leftists also don't "only believe
in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're
advantageous to them."

FPP

Nov 29, 2017, 10:33:35 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it and
> plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
> prefers that to Trump's America. Or maybe dump her on the Asian steppes
> during the reign of Genghis Khan. See how Reid likes that. I bet she
> wouldn't mind President Orange Julius too much if she survived that.

I must remember that, for the next time you complain about "the progs".

--
"We have to accept that the winner of this election was a Washington
outsider who no one thought had a shot at running this country: Vladimir

FPP

Nov 29, 2017, 10:35:18 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> That sounds like an awful lot of progs, especially of late. When the New
> York Times is running articles with headlines like, "Is it time we
> rethink Free Speech?", or when popular feminist authors and Vogue
> columnists say things like, "It's okay if innocent men lose their
> careers and reputations over false accusations if it means we can smash
> the patriarchy", it's hard to pretend leftists also don't "only believe
> in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're
> advantageous to them."

Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution... but,
for some reason, that doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody
actually in power.

Why is that?

FPP

Nov 29, 2017, 10:35:24 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <n00dnWPyrvleeoHH...@supernews.com>,
> "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
>
>> "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people
>> @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have
>> disproportionate power over the urban majority," Reid tweeted.
>>
>> Reid said gerrymandering reform and "the abolition of the Electoral College
>> would be a start" when engaging with followers on how to fix the issue.
>
> And by "gerrymandering reform", she means "gerrymandering on steroids",
> which is what she'd have to do to disenfranchise the scary country
> people.

No, that's YOUR interpretation... not Reid's.
You do know the difference between what she said, and what you think, right?

You can either prove that she said it, or run away like a lying coward.
So which will it be? Let's see...

BTR1701

Nov 29, 2017, 10:49:26 PM11/29/17
In article <ovnu6d$d5d$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it and
> > plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
> > prefers that to Trump's America. Or maybe dump her on the Asian steppes
> > during the reign of Genghis Khan. See how Reid likes that. I bet she
> > wouldn't mind President Orange Julius too much if she survived that.
>
> I must remember that, for the next time you complain about "the progs".

No, you should remember if I ever say this is worst time in human
history to be a human being, like Reid did.

> Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution. That
> doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody actually in power. Why
> is that?

Because he doesn't have any actual power to do it. Trump is an asshole,
but things he wants to do, he can't do. For example, that libel law
thing is beyond his power as president. The Supreme Court has set the
limits of defamation law with regard to the 1st Amendment, and absent a
constitutional amendment repealing the 1st Amendment, that ain't gonna
change. And constitutional amendments originate either with Congress or
with the states, not the president.

> >> Reid said gerrymandering reform and "the abolition of the
> >> Electoral College would be a start" when engaging with
> >> followers on how to fix the issue.
> >
> > And by "gerrymandering reform", she means "gerrymandering on
> > steroids", which is what she'd have to do to disenfranchise the
> > scary country people.

> No, that's YOUR interpretation... not Reid's.

Reid stated her goal, and the only way that goal can be accomplished is
to take gerrymandering to heretofore unknown heights.

FPP

Nov 29, 2017, 11:44:00 PM11/29/17
Nope, it isn't. It's a fact that Democrats get MORE votes and LESS
seats when districts are gerrymandered by Republicans.

THIS IS A FACT.

They only need to make the districts non-partisan for Democrats to make
huge gains.
You know... what we call "Free and Fair Elections".

You're full of shit... and I'd bet serious money that if you asked Reid
if she'd accept non-partisan commissions drawing up the districts, she'd
jump at the idea.

Now, produce any quote where Reid said she wanted to gerrymander in
Democrats favor... or run away like the lying coward you are.

Which will it be? Let's see...

FPP

Nov 29, 2017, 11:45:11 PM11/29/17
On 11/29/17 10:51 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ovnu6d$d5d$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>>> Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it and
>>> plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
>>> prefers that to Trump's America. Or maybe dump her on the Asian steppes
>>> during the reign of Genghis Khan. See how Reid likes that. I bet she
>>> wouldn't mind President Orange Julius too much if she survived that.
>> I must remember that, for the next time you complain about "the progs".
> No, you should remember if I ever say this is worst time in human
> history to be a human being, like Reid did.
>
>> Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution. That
>> doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody actually in power. Why
>> is that?
> Because he doesn't have any actual power to do it

You had absolutely no problem criticizing Obama, and he has the same
power as Trump.
You're full of shit.

RichA

Nov 30, 2017, 12:00:28 AM11/30/17
Just as it's a fact they will never allow a rep by pop electoral system that allows California, Texas and New York to decide every election until doomsday.
Get used to it.

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 12:45:19 AM11/30/17
In article <ovo2ck$129$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/29/17 10:51 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <ovnu6d$d5d$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> I must remember that, for the next time you complain about "the progs".

> > No, you should remember if I ever say this is worst time in human
> > history to be a human being, like Reid did.
> >
> >> Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution. That
> >> doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody actually in power. Why
> >> is that?

> > Because he doesn't have any actual power to do it
>
> You had absolutely no problem criticizing Obama, and he has the same
> power as Trump.

Was Obama trying to expand defamation law, too? I must have missed that.

> > Reid stated her goal, and the only way that goal can be accomplished is
> > to take gerrymandering to heretofore unknown heights.
>
> Nope, it isn't.

Yep, it is.

> Now, produce any quote where Reid said she wanted to gerrymander in
> Democrats favor.

She outright stated that she wants to diminish the voting power of every
part of the country except the big urban centers. That can't be
accomplished without massive gerrymandering, and which would be in favor
of leftists.

FPP

Nov 30, 2017, 3:42:55 AM11/30/17
On 11/30/17 12:47 AM, BTR1701 wrote:

> She outright stated that she wants to diminish the voting power of every
> part of the country except the big urban centers. That can't be
> accomplished without massive gerrymandering, and which would be in favor
> of leftists.

Bullshit it can't. Prove there is no other way... because I've already
told you that Democrats get more votes than Republicans, but less seats.

That is a fact.

Simply by drawing districts so as to not favor one party over the other
will accomplish this. There are more Democrats in urban areas than in
rural areas.

This is a fact, as well.

--
"Donald Trump tweeted earlier today, 'It is so nice that the shackles
have been taken off me...' The only thing that ever shackled you was the

FPP

Nov 30, 2017, 3:48:31 AM11/30/17
On 11/30/17 12:47 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article<ovo2ck$129$2...@dont-email.me>, FPP<fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/17 10:51 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> No, you should remember if I ever say this is worst time in human
>>> history to be a human being, like Reid did.

>>> Because he doesn't have any actual power to do it
>> You had absolutely no problem criticizing Obama, and he has the same
>> power as Trump.
> Was Obama trying to expand defamation law, too? I must have missed that.

You're still lying, just like your hero.

We were talking about chipping away at the foundations of the
Constitution, not specifically just the topic of defamation.

Every time Obama farted, you screeched about your freedom. Not that an
actual president wants to take them away you fall silent.

You have no principals. You talk a good game, but you don't really give
a shit about the Constitution, or the country.

If you did, you'd be calling out the man who lies 5 times a day, every
day. You bitched about Obama's lie about healthcare for 6 years, non stop.

Now you have a man who lies hundreds of times... and you barely squeak.
You're nothing more than an apologist.

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 6:06:58 AM11/30/17
On 11/27/17 10:36 PM, Byker wrote:

> Joy WHO, you say?

Byker who, actually. What, no followups? Just a hit and run?

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 6:11:41 AM11/30/17
On 11/29/17 8:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <n00dnWPyrvleeoHH...@supernews.com>,
> "Byker" <byker@do~rag.net> wrote:
>
>> "This is the core threat to our democracy. The rural minority -- the people
>> @JYSexton just wrote a long thread about -- have and will continue to have
>> disproportionate power over the urban majority," Reid tweeted.
>>
>> Reid said gerrymandering reform and "the abolition of the Electoral College
>> would be a start" when engaging with followers on how to fix the issue.
>
> And by "gerrymandering reform", she means "gerrymandering on steroids",
> which is what she'd have to do to disenfranchise the scary country
> people.

Seriously? You are so fucking and hell bent on lying to support the
shitbag right wing agenda that you have Joy Reid confused with Kris
Kobach? You are just phishing to be called fucked in the head again.

>> Reid seems to use hateful rhetoric on a regular basis and has called Trump
>> supporters "deplorables", claimed that living in Trump's America is the
>> "worst time to be a human" in the history of the world.
>
> Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it

Spoken like a true anonyshit.

and
> plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
> prefers that to Trump's America.

Who the fuck knew that those were are only choices? Hey you fucking
moron, how about a time machine to go back to Obama's America where the
fucking President of the fucking United States isn't retweeting white
supremacist hate videos. You sound psychotic like the rest of the alt
right Breitbart fed crowd. I can see why you stay anonymous, I'd wet my
pants too thinking about people coming after me for promoting this line
of bullshit.

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 6:12:44 AM11/30/17
On 11/29/17 9:35 PM, FPP wrote:
> On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> That sounds like an awful lot of progs, especially of late. When the New
>> York Times is running articles with headlines like, "Is it time we
>> rethink Free Speech?", or when popular feminist authors and Vogue
>> columnists say things like, "It's okay if innocent men lose their
>> careers and reputations over false accusations if it means we can smash
>> the patriarchy", it's hard to pretend leftists also don't "only believe
>> in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're
>> advantageous to them."
>
> Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution... but,
> for some reason, that doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody
> actually in power.
>
> Why is that?

Because he's an anonymous piece of shit that jacks off to pictures of
David Duke wearing Speedos.

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 6:14:52 AM11/30/17
On 11/29/17 9:51 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <ovnu6d$d5d$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>>> Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it and
>>> plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
>>> prefers that to Trump's America. Or maybe dump her on the Asian steppes
>>> during the reign of Genghis Khan. See how Reid likes that. I bet she
>>> wouldn't mind President Orange Julius too much if she survived that.
>>
>> I must remember that, for the next time you complain about "the progs".
>
> No, you should remember if I ever say this is worst time in human
> history to be a human being, like Reid did.

"You?" There is no you, you have no verifiable identity.

>> Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution. That
>> doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody actually in power. Why
>> is that?
>
> Because he doesn't have any actual power to do it. Trump is an asshole,
> but things he wants to do, he can't do.

Retweeting anti Muslim hate videos to his millions of followers instead
of the sixty thousand that follow "Britain First" isn't power? You
stupid son of a bitch.

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 6:16:02 AM11/30/17
I have no idea what you just said but I assume you are too stupid to
realize the electoral college only applies to Presidential elections.

bruce2...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 6:34:05 AM11/30/17
BTR1701 <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
> In article <ovnu6d$d5d$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>>> Too bad we don't have a time machine. I'd love to shove Reid into it and
>>> plop her down in the middle of the Black Death in Europe and see if she
>>> prefers that to Trump's America. Or maybe dump her on the Asian steppes
>>> during the reign of Genghis Khan. See how Reid likes that. I bet she
>>> wouldn't mind President Orange Julius too much if she survived that.
>>
>> I must remember that, for the next time you complain about "the progs".
>
> No, you should remember if I ever say this is worst time in human
> history to be a human being, like Reid did.

OK, then you want FPP to 'forget' every time you babble about 'progs'.

A Friend

Nov 30, 2017, 6:38:11 AM11/30/17
In article <gDRTB.2656$e55....@fx41.iad>, trotsky <gms...@email.com>
wrote:

> On 11/27/17 10:36 PM, Byker wrote:
> >
> > Joy WHO, you say?
>

> Byker who, actually. What, no followups? Just a hit and run?

You know who Byker is. He's the asshole who called Joy Reid a
"she-boon."

NoBody

Nov 30, 2017, 7:31:04 AM11/30/17
On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 22:35:15 -0500, FPP <fred...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 11/29/17 9:30 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
>
>> That sounds like an awful lot of progs, especially of late. When the New
>> York Times is running articles with headlines like, "Is it time we
>> rethink Free Speech?", or when popular feminist authors and Vogue
>> columnists say things like, "It's okay if innocent men lose their
>> careers and reputations over false accusations if it means we can smash
>> the patriarchy", it's hard to pretend leftists also don't "only believe
>> in the Constitution or any founding principles unless they're
>> advantageous to them."
>
>Trump has chipped away at the foundations of the Constitution... but,
>for some reason, that doesn't seem to bother you when it's somebody
>actually in power.

How has he done this? Be specific and cite.

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 7:44:31 AM11/30/17
I meant he's an anonyshit with no verifiable identity. I don't know who
you are either, but you're not a troll and don't fall into that category.

Breezy Kildare

Nov 30, 2017, 7:55:36 AM11/30/17
Dumb Ass! "prove" ... you are a Working Man ... and NOT a little Turd ... who is on Welfare and still lives with your Mother!!!

FPP

Nov 30, 2017, 8:45:56 AM11/30/17
Thanny conveniently forgets the man who killed an Indian man in a bar
yelling "Get out of my country!"

I wonder where people get that kind of hate? Oh, yeah... the guy with
"no power", who has millions of fanatical worshipers.

Guess if the man had yelled Allah-something-or-other, Thanny would have
railed about it for a solid week.

(If he needs the definition of "railed", I'll be glad to provide some
synonyms.)

--
"Trump talking about keeping American companies on American soil is like
a tornado doing a commercial for mobile homes." -Paula Pell

irishra...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2017, 11:14:46 AM11/30/17
On Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 8:20:52 PM UTC-5, Byker wrote:
> Joy WHO, you say? This she-boon's stupidity is beyond the pale.

A fact she has demonstrated repeatedly.

Irish Mike

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 11:41:34 AM11/30/17
In article <ovogks$rb3$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
Oh, well, then one word: Obamacare! That punched a huge hole right
through the Constitution. And while it's true he didn't have the power
to foist that monstrosity on us all on his own, he did manage to
convince the ones who did have the power to do it for him.

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 11:47:08 AM11/30/17
In article <301120170638032566%no...@noway.com>,
That doesn't even make any sense. If he doesn't like Reid, why would he
call her a boon?

A 'boon' is 'a companion or friend close; intimate; favorite', as in:
"He debated the question with a few boon companions in the barroom."

or

A thing that is helpful or beneficial: "The navigation system will be a
boon to both civilian and military users."

A Friend

Nov 30, 2017, 12:38:13 PM11/30/17
In article <699500f4-8a7d-44fa...@googlegroups.com>,
So you tacitly approve of calling Joy Reid a "she-boon." Well, fuck
you too, then.

BTW your definition of "stupidity" needs a lot of work. You might
start by looking in a mirror.

A Friend

Nov 30, 2017, 12:42:22 PM11/30/17
In article <atropos-2A4127...@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
Stop it. Just stop it. This feigned disingenuousness isn't working,
and it's sure as hell isn't cute or eccentric or whatever it is you're
trying to sell here.

Sheboon
Racist term for an African American woman. Combination of "She" and
"Baboon"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sheboon

Obveeus

Nov 30, 2017, 12:48:42 PM11/30/17

On 11/30/2017 12:42 PM, A Friend wrote:
> In article <atropos-2A4127...@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> <atr...@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <301120170638032566%no...@noway.com>,
>> A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:

>>> You know who Byker is. He's the asshole who called Joy Reid a
>>> "she-boon."
>>
>> That doesn't even make any sense. If he doesn't like Reid, why would he
>> call her a boon?
>>

>> A 'boon' is 'a companion or friend close; intimate; favorite', as in:
>> "He debated the question with a few boon companions in the barroom."
>>
>> or
>>
>> A thing that is helpful or beneficial: "The navigation system will be a
>> boon to both civilian and military users."
>

> Stop it. Just stop it. This feigned disingenuousness isn't working,
> and it's sure as hell isn't cute or eccentric or whatever it is you're
> trying to sell here.

You really shouldn't be expecting honesty from BTR1701. That isn't part
of his agenda. He can pretend he was just trying to be funny, but at
the same time, he is supporting these racist idiots and he knows it and
he doesn't care because they have the same end goal as he does.

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 1:08:17 PM11/30/17
In article <ovpg9n$82o$4...@dont-email.me>, Obveeus <Obv...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 11/30/2017 12:42 PM, A Friend wrote:
> > In article <atropos-2A4127...@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
> > <atr...@mac.com> wrote:

> >> That doesn't even make any sense. If he doesn't like Reid, why would he
> >> call her a boon?
> >>

> >> A 'boon' is 'a companion or friend close; intimate; favorite', as in:
> >> "He debated the question with a few boon companions in the barroom."
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> A thing that is helpful or beneficial: "The navigation system will be a
> >> boon to both civilian and military users."

> > Stop it. Just stop it. This feigned disingenuousness isn't working,
> > and it's sure as hell isn't cute or eccentric or whatever it is you're
> > trying to sell here.

I honestly did not know there was some knew slang word for baboon or
whatever. When I read the comment from Byker, I had no idea what he
meant.

I do know Byker is a dick, and that his intent was probably to not be
very nice, but I thought in his stupidity, he was misusing a word that
means something different than he thought it did.

> You really shouldn't be expecting honesty from BTR1701. That isn't part
> of his agenda. He can pretend he was just trying to be funny, but at
> the same time, he is supporting these racist idiots and he knows it and
> he doesn't care because they have the same end goal as he does.

LOL! According to Obveeus, I'm a racist now because I'm not well versed
in the latest millennial slang for monkeys.

If there's ever been a bigger asshole on Usenet than Obveeus, I've been
lucky not to meet him. Obveeus is even eclipsing Trotsky the Hutt in
sheer assholery at this point.

trotsky

Nov 30, 2017, 1:14:13 PM11/30/17
How do you know "Byker" is a millenial? It sounds like you know him IRL.

> If there's ever been a bigger asshole on Usenet than Obveeus, I've been
> lucky not to meet him. Obveeus is even eclipsing Trotsky the Hutt in
> sheer assholery at this point.

Come on, that's all you know how to do is talk shit.

moviePig

Nov 30, 2017, 1:43:55 PM11/30/17
Sounds like a resistance principle that'd have to apply also to, say,
forced vaccination or education...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 2:24:14 PM11/30/17
In article <5a205168$0$11347$b1db1813$e2fc...@news.astraweb.com>,
No, because there is no federal law requiring vaccination or education.
Those are matters of state law and do not raise any federal
constitutional issues.

A Friend

Nov 30, 2017, 2:54:00 PM11/30/17
In article <atropos-5555DD...@news.giganews.com>, BTR1701
OK.

moviePig

Nov 30, 2017, 4:52:00 PM11/30/17
Yes, but 'kicking it down to the states' is, imo, a frequent cop-out
that ought not receive play in matters of capital, universal importance,
like vaccination and education (...and health care). If the right
superbug shows up, it won't wait for 50 states to hold their hearings.

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 5:03:54 PM11/30/17
In article <5a207d7d$0$55398$b1db1813$fea9...@news.astraweb.com>,
Then do it right and amend the Constitution to give the federal
government that power.

> If the right superbug shows up, it won't wait for 50 states to hold
> their hearings.

That makes no sense. We're talking about vaccinations, which means we
already know about the bug or we couldn't be vaccinating against it. If
it's a heretofore unknown superbug just showing up, there won't be any
vaccination for it to give out.

moviePig

Nov 30, 2017, 5:28:16 PM11/30/17
On 11/30/2017 5:05 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <5a207d7d$0$55398$b1db1813$fea9...@news.astraweb.com>,
> moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/30/2017 2:26 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> No, because there is no federal law requiring vaccination or education.
>>> Those are matters of state law and do not raise any federal
>>> constitutional issues.
>>
>> Yes, but 'kicking it down to the states' is, imo, a frequent cop-out
>> that ought not receive play in matters of capital, universal importance,
>> like vaccination and education (...and health care).
>
> Then do it right and amend the Constitution to give the federal
> government that power.

You apparently subscribe to the theory that today's legislators are both
principled and intelligent enough to tinker with the Constitution...

>> If the right superbug shows up, it won't wait for 50 states to hold
>> their hearings.
>
> That makes no sense. We're talking about vaccinations, which means we
> already know about the bug or we couldn't be vaccinating against it. If
> it's a heretofore unknown superbug just showing up, there won't be any
> vaccination for it to give out.

Although vaccines can take a while to develop/manufacture, that can
partly depend on the effort invested -- whereas another Ice Age could
pass before 50 state legislatures agree that water's wet.

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 6:20:02 PM11/30/17
In article <5a2085ee$0$1491$b1db1813$d06e...@news.astraweb.com>,
moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 11/30/2017 5:05 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> > In article <5a207d7d$0$55398$b1db1813$fea9...@news.astraweb.com>,
> > moviePig <pwal...@moviepig.com> wrote:

> >> Yes, but 'kicking it down to the states' is, imo, a frequent cop-out
> >> that ought not receive play in matters of capital, universal importance,
> >> like vaccination and education (...and health care).
> >
> > Then do it right and amend the Constitution to give the federal
> > government that power.
>
> You apparently subscribe to the theory that today's legislators are both
> principled and intelligent enough to tinker with the Constitution...

They're already tinkering with it-- pretending it says things it doesn't
to justify doing things they have no legal authority to do.

I'd prefer a formal and legal process to that any day.

FPP

Nov 30, 2017, 6:36:08 PM11/30/17
Let's see... Racist, check.
Stolen Valor, check.
Ubi sockpuppet, check.

Did I miss anything impotent?
Sorry... meant "important"... but either word works.

--
"We have to accept that the winner of this election was a Washington
outsider who no one thought had a shot at running this country: Vladimir
Putin - Stephen Colbert

FPP

Nov 30, 2017, 6:37:12 PM11/30/17
When he does, all he sees is Ubi, a Fake Vet and NoBody else.

FPP

Nov 30, 2017, 7:49:58 PM11/30/17
SCOTUS repeated ruled that it was constitutional.
You, as usual, are full of shit.

BTR1701

Nov 30, 2017, 10:50:19 PM11/30/17
In article <ovq8vk$dss$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
Yeah, the Court also ruled that a person's mere existence on the planet
affects interstate commerce-- thereby making absolutely nothing beyond
the reach of the federal government-- in order to get around the
Founders' pesky limitations on federal power.

Checks and balances don't mean much when all three branches have the
same goal of subverting the Constitution.

FPP

Dec 1, 2017, 7:34:45 AM12/1/17
No, you're pretending you don't know what the term meant.
I've never heard it before, either... but it took me all of two seconds
to make the connection.

But we're supposed to believe you didn't?

There just aren't that many words that contain that word. And, of
course there's always a little thing called The Internets.

<I>–noun</I><BR>
1. An uneducated, lower class negro; worthless <BR><BR>
2. Often used as a derogatory term towards anyone who presents one or
more qualities of an uneducated and/or lower class negro.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boon

Now go ahead and tell us with a straight face you didn't make the
connection. Which are you going with? Racist or Moron?

FPP

Dec 1, 2017, 7:53:45 PM12/1/17
Now you sound like Alex Jones... another of your heroes.

"But, Mommm... all the other kids are trying to subvert the
Constituuuuuuution!"

Yes... because John Roberts is a secret lib'rul, who wants nothing more
than to gut the Constitution.

Grow up.

BTR1701

Dec 1, 2017, 8:19:51 PM12/1/17
In article <ovstin$bd8$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/30/17 10:52 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> > In article <ovq8vk$dss$1...@dont-email.me>, FPP <fred...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >> SCOTUS repeated ruled that it was constitutional.
> >
> > Yeah, the Court also ruled that a person's mere existence on the planet
> > affects interstate commerce-- thereby making absolutely nothing beyond
> > the reach of the federal government-- in order to get around the
> > Founders' pesky limitations on federal power.
> >
> > Checks and balances don't mean much when all three branches have the
> > same goal of subverting the Constitution.

> Yes... because John Roberts is a secret lib'rul, who wants nothing more
> than to gut the Constitution.

He's a politician who didn't want the firestorm that would have resulted
from an Obamacare overturn or the possible curb of the Court's power
that Congress might have imposed.

The Court has done it before. Ever heard of the "the switch in time that
saved nine"?

FPP

Dec 1, 2017, 10:50:55 PM12/1/17
That's your opinion. There isn't a shred of proof for any of that.

BTR1701

Dec 2, 2017, 1:08:28 AM12/2/17
>> The Court has done it before. Ever hear of "the switch in time that saved nine"?

> That's your opinion. There isn't a shred of proof for any of that.

And yet you pretend to read my mind and others here every day. Funny how
the importance of proof shreds waxes and wanes depending on your
convenience.

And no, it's not just my opinion. The switch in time is an accepted
historical fact.

FPP

Dec 2, 2017, 1:38:03 AM12/2/17
You make a statement, you should be able to back it up.
You accuse somebody of something, you should be able to show proof.

Neither of which you even attempted to do with Reid. You just blurted
out her motives, without knowing anything about what she's previously said.

I've watched her for years... and I've heard what she's said on the
subject. You don't watch her. You have nothing to go on, except your
own anti liberal bias. That isn't nearly enough.

MSNBC has done plenty of segments citing the fact that even though
Democrats get more votes, they get less seats - mainly because of
gerrymandering.

Tey've shown irrefutable evidence that Democrats don't NEED to
gerrymander to win a majority of seats. They already win a majority of
VOTES.

Republicans HAVE to gerrymander, in order to keep the majority.
In 2012, Democrats won over a million votes more than Republicans, but
because of the way districts are designed, the Republicans got 33 more
members of the House of Representatives than the Democrats did.

When I accuse you of something, it's based on a mountain of previous
behavior.
Nobody has to read your mind... it's an open book.

BTR1701

Dec 2, 2017, 2:45:37 AM12/2/17
Crack a history book. You'll find in depth analyses of the Court's behavior
regarding the switch in time.

FPP

Dec 2, 2017, 7:12:13 AM12/2/17
Never mind "crack a book"... YOU need to prove what YOU say.

"Crack a book" is nothing more than an excuse for a lie. Citing a 1937
ruling has nothing to do with anything we're talking about here.