This is What It's Like to Ride Public Transport in Garcetti's L.A.

BTR1701

May 12, 2022, 8:13:06 PM (3 days ago) May 12
https://vimeo.com/701346094

We're constantly getting lectures from the 'progressive' Democrats in charge
of this city about how we need to stop driving and start using public
transport to 'fight climate change'. Yet this is what they allow to flourish
on our subways and buses. Not only is the Metro Board (which is made up of the
L.A. mayor, city council and the L.A. County Board of Supervisors) singularly
uninterested in stopping the rampant assaults, rapes, and murders, but they're
actively facilitating it by passing resolutions opposing police presence on
Metro platforms and vehicles.

Metro sent out a survey to 20,000 customers and one of the questions was,
"What is the one thing Metro could do to make your use of Metro services safer
and more pleasant?" The overwhelming answer-- 90% of respondents-- was "More
cops."

So of course the 'progressive' Democrats on the Metro Board decided in the
face of that the best idea would be to remove cops altogether from Metro
properties and just let the thugs rule.

But at the same time they want me to give up my car and ride these helltrains
instead.

RichA

May 12, 2022, 10:15:30 PM (3 days ago) May 12
You need a few dozen Bernhardt Goetz's to kill a few of these thugs to wake (irony) up the Leftists.

anim8rfsk

May 13, 2022, 2:12:57 AM (3 days ago) May 13
10 gentle:

A few days ago I got a survey from the Amazon asking what would make me
more likely to shop at Amazon outlet (their damaged and returned
merchandise arm)

The first question was would I be more likely to shop there if they made my
purchases non-returnable? WTF?

Then a few questions down they asked if I would be more likely to shop
there if they donated a portion of my money to fight global warming.

I answered “hell no“ to every question.

RichA

May 13, 2022, 2:22:10 AM (3 days ago) May 13
The past is coming back. A news show contrasting crime then and now, they showed a clip of a guy in 1971 saying he'd rather take a train Columbia
than the subway in New York.

trotsky

May 13, 2022, 6:18:56 AM (3 days ago) May 13
Cognitively declining shithead says what?

Ed Stasiak

May 13, 2022, 8:24:38 AM (3 days ago) May 13
> BTR1701
>
> https://vimeo.com/701346094

The video never plays for me, it's stuck in an endless loading loop.

> So of course the 'progressive' Democrats on the Metro Board decided in the
> face of that the best idea would be to remove cops altogether from Metro
> properties and just let the thugs rule.

https://i.postimg.cc/1XSFjSqJ/public-transportation.jpg
https://ibb.co/N9zC8bL

Adam H. Kerman

May 13, 2022, 11:59:41 AM (3 days ago) May 13
misdemeanor attempted murder with an illegal gun if it's even chargable?

>. . .

Ubiquitous

May 13, 2022, 1:30:17 PM (2 days ago) May 13
IOW, the perpetrators are always black (or at least 99% of the time).

--
Let's go Brandon!

Rhino

May 13, 2022, 5:49:13 PM (2 days ago) May 13
I don't need to see that a second time to be sure that I *never* want to
ride the subway in LA. (I expect the buses are no better.)

Are these incidents only happening in one or two easily-avoided portions
of the subway system or are they all over the city?

How ANYONE can still vote for "progressives" after actually living in LA
under their rule is something I will never understand....

--
Rhino

Rhino

May 13, 2022, 5:51:10 PM (2 days ago) May 13
???

Oh, wait a minute, you said "tangential" and your phone interpreted that
as "ten gentle"....

> A few days ago I got a survey from the Amazon asking what would make me
> more likely to shop at Amazon outlet (their damaged and returned
> merchandise arm)
>
> The first question was would I be more likely to shop there if they made my
> purchases non-returnable? WTF?
>
> Then a few questions down they asked if I would be more likely to shop
> there if they donated a portion of my money to fight global warming.
>
> I answered “hell no“ to every question.

--
Rhino

Ian J. Ball

May 13, 2022, 6:04:54 PM (2 days ago) May 13
From what I hear, the subway system in L.A. (which is still small), is
pretty much unusable. Buses are also supposed to be nearly unusable for
various reasons. I don't know if the light rail is as bad as the subway.

> How ANYONE can still vote for "progressives" after actually living in
> LA under their rule is something I will never understand....

BTR1701

May 13, 2022, 6:43:31 PM (2 days ago) May 13
In article <t5mkm1$efa$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-05-13 21:49:07 +0000, Rhino said:
>
> > On 2022-05-12 8:12 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> >> https://vimeo.com/701346094
> >>
> >> We're constantly getting lectures from the 'progressive' Democrats in
> >> charge of this city about how we need to stop driving and start using
> >> public transport to 'fight climate change'. Yet this is what they allow
> >> to flourish on our subways and buses. Not only is the Metro Board
> >> (which is made up of the L.A. mayor, city council and the L.A. County
> >> Board of Supervisors) singularly uninterested in stopping the rampant
> >> assaults, rapes, and murders, but they're actively facilitating it by
> >> passing resolutions opposing police presence on Metro platforms and
> >> vehicles.
> >>
> >> Metro sent out a survey to 20,000 customers and one of the questions was,
> >> "What is the one thing Metro could do to make your use of Metro services
> >> safer and more pleasant?" The overwhelming answer-- 90% of respondents--
> >> was "More cops."
> >>
> >> So of course the 'progressive' Democrats on the Metro Board decided in
> >> the face of that, the best idea would be to remove cops altogether from
> >> Metro properties and just let the thugs rule.
> >>
> >> But at the same time they want me to give up my car and ride these
> >> helltrains instead.
> >>
> > I don't need to see that a second time to be sure that I *never* want
> > to ride the subway in LA. (I expect the buses are no better.)
> >
> > Are these incidents only happening in one or two easily-avoided
> > portions of the subway system or are they all over the city?
>
> From what I hear, the subway system in L.A. (which is still small), is
> pretty much unusable. Buses are also supposed to be nearly unusable for
> various reasons. I don't know if the light rail is as bad as the subway.

Years ago, during the sequester, all federal agencies were required to
reduce spending by 30% and one of the ways my agency saved money was by
requiring those of us with take-home G-cars to park them three days out
of every week. We either had to drive our personal vehicles, carpool
with someone else, be dropped off by a friend or a spouse, etc. Since we
had a rail station literally at the foot of our office building, I
decided to try taking the train from Redondo Beach to downtown L.A. I
did this once. Just once. Because I was lucky to survive it. You see,
the route from the beach to downtown traverses Watts and Compton, where
roving bands of youts with red and blue bandanas get on and off the
trains and terrorize people. Especially people of a lighter hue than
themselves. When it came to be my turn, I had to take my gun out of its
holster and cock it before they backed off and even then it was a close
call as they calculated the odds of seven-on-one.

Never again. I Uber-ed it home that evening for the return trip. And the
politicians never want to address this simple fact of life as they come
up with their plots to mold our commuting behavior.

Rhino

May 13, 2022, 7:06:14 PM (2 days ago) May 13
It's a LOT of work to explain how these "youts" are innocent victims of
society, particularly racist white supremacists like you, so they don't
bother with it. I'm sure they'd rather think of other ways to bring
civilization to its knees by destroying every good thing there is.

--
Rhino

anim8rfsk

May 13, 2022, 7:11:26 PM (2 days ago) May 13
Yep, good catch.

Speech to text works correctly. This stuff appears to be right when I say
it. But there’s a new level of auto correct going on later.

>> A few days ago I got a survey from the Amazon asking what would make me
>> more likely to shop at Amazon outlet (their damaged and returned
>> merchandise arm)
>>
>> The first question was would I be more likely to shop there if they made my
>> purchases non-returnable? WTF?
>>
>> Then a few questions down they asked if I would be more likely to shop
>> there if they donated a portion of my money to fight global warming.
>>
>> I answered “hell no“ to every question.

anim8rfsk

May 13, 2022, 7:11:28 PM (2 days ago) May 13
What were you supposed to do if you had to go somewhere during the day?

anim8rfsk

May 13, 2022, 7:11:29 PM (2 days ago) May 13
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
All you have to do to ride our light rail is jaywalk to the stations which
are in the middle of the street and wait on unshaded steel benches.

https://drupal-space.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/s3fs-public/styles/16_9_aspect_ratio/public/vm-sample-6.png?itok=oOsofrJB

https://downtownphoenixjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/central-camelback-light-rail.jpg

>> How ANYONE can still vote for "progressives" after actually living in
>> LA under their rule is something I will never understand....

BTR1701

May 13, 2022, 9:15:37 PM (2 days ago) May 13
The cars were still available for official work-- surveillance, going to
interview people, etc.-- we just couldn't take them home at night three days
of the week. That only lasted about 2 1/2 months, then we went back to
normal.

BTR1701

May 13, 2022, 9:17:00 PM (2 days ago) May 13
Oh, come on. That Stargate is casting a nice little sliver of shade for you!

anim8rfsk

May 13, 2022, 11:50:34 PM (2 days ago) May 13
Isn’t that great? It’s a public arts project decorating one of the stations
(Even though there’s not a station anywhere near it). I almost racked up my
car the first time I drove past it. I really hope Dean Devlin sued the
“artist”

The Horny Goat

May 14, 2022, 4:09:47 PM (yesterday) May 14
"misdemeanor attempted murder" uh isn't that an oxymoron?

Ubiquitous

11:16 AM (2 hours ago) 11:16 AM
Doesn't carpooling circumvent the whole quarentining thing?