[NEWS] "Vudu" and "FandangoNOW" merged into one streaming service

1 view

Your Name

Aug 5, 2021, 1:15:25 AM8/5/21

From ComingSoon.net ...

Fandango's Vudu Replacing FandangoNOW
as Roku's Official Movie & TV Store
-------------------------------------
Fandango has announced that it is uniting its two popular movie
and TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW, "creating a
bigger, better on-demand entertainment platform on Vudu."
Starting today, the newly updated Vudu will replace FandangoNOW
as the official movie and TV store on Roku, the No. 1 TV
streaming platform in the U.S., with Vudu using Roku Pay on
Roku streaming devices.

The new Vudu service will reportedly offer more than 200,000
new releases and catalog movies and TV shows to rent or buy,
including the largest collection of 4K UHD titles and thousands
of titles to watch for free - all with no subscription required.
Top new releases available on Vudu include F9: The Fast Saga,
Pixar's Luca, The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It,
Peter Rabbit 2, The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard, A Quiet Place
Part II, Disney's Cruella, Godzilla vs. Kong, In the Heights,
and more. Arriving next Tuesday on Vudu is Marvel Studios'
Black Widow will arrive on Vudu next Tuesday.

Vudu, which was acquired by Fandango in 2020, is available in
more than 75 million U.S. TV-connected device households,
according to The NPD Group. Vudu has more than 60 million
registered users and serves millions of consumers daily across
Smart TVs, connected devices, mobile and online.

"At Fandango, we've been building a digital network that
super-serves tens of millions of fans across the entire
entertainment lifecycle, from movie and TV discovery with
Rotten Tomatoes, to our three theatrical ticketing apps and
now an even larger scale Vudu on-demand streaming
destination," said Fandango President Paul Yanover in a
statement. "During a time where consumers have a myriad of
viewing options, we're proud to deliver a service that
presents an unparalleled library of content, many titles that
are not available on subscription services, and the flexibility
to pay as you go."

"Consumer excitement for premium video-on-demand has grown
significantly as users turn to streaming to access the latest
movies and TV show releases," added Tedd Cittadine, Vice
President, Content Partnerships, Roku. "We're thrilled to
continue our long-standing partnership with Fandango as we
build a future where all TV will be streamed by creating a
seamless experience for users to discover and enjoy premium
video-on-demand releases."

Starting today, FandangoNOW customers can transfer their
accounts and movie and TV collections to Vudu. Access to their
libraries will thereafter be provided through Vudu. The Movie
Store and TV Store on Roku devices will automatically update
from FandangoNOW to the new Vudu.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1189651-fandangos-vudu-replacing-fandangonow-as-rokus-official-movie-tv-store>

Ian J. Ball

Aug 5, 2021, 11:21:19 AM8/5/21
On 2021-08-05 05:15:20 +0000, Your Name said:

> From ComingSoon.net ...
>

> Fandango's Vudu Replacing FandangoNOW
> as Roku's Official Movie & TV Store
> -------------------------------------
> Fandango has announced that it is uniting its two popular movie
> and TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW, "creating a
> bigger, better on-demand entertainment platform on Vudu."
> Starting today, the newly updated Vudu will replace FandangoNOW
> as the official movie and TV store on Roku, the No. 1 TV
> streaming platform in the U.S., with Vudu using Roku Pay on
> Roku streaming devices.
>
> The new Vudu service will reportedly offer more than 200,000
> new releases and catalog movies and TV shows to rent or buy,
> including the largest collection of 4K UHD titles and thousands
> of titles to watch for free - all with no subscription required.

I have the Vudu app, but never open it - there is basically never a
situation in which content is only available on Vudu.

trotsky

Aug 5, 2021, 1:02:23 PM8/5/21
On 8/5/21 10:21 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2021-08-05 05:15:20 +0000, Your Name said:
>
>> From ComingSoon.net ...
>>

>>     Fandango's Vudu Replacing FandangoNOW
>>     as Roku's Official Movie & TV Store
>>     -------------------------------------
>>     Fandango has announced that it is uniting its two popular movie
>>     and TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW, "creating a
>>     bigger, better on-demand entertainment platform on Vudu."
>>     Starting today, the newly updated Vudu will replace FandangoNOW
>>     as the official movie and TV store on Roku, the No. 1 TV
>>     streaming platform in the U.S., with Vudu using Roku Pay on
>>     Roku streaming devices.
>>
>>     The new Vudu service will reportedly offer more than 200,000
>>     new releases and catalog movies and TV shows to rent or buy,
>>     including the largest collection of 4K UHD titles and thousands
>>     of titles to watch for free - all with no subscription required.
>
> I have the Vudu app, but never open it - there is basically never a
> situation in which content is only available on Vudu.

Holy fuck are you stupid. They have over 6000 free movies.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 7, 2021, 2:40:23 AM8/7/21
On 2021-08-05 15:21:15 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2021-08-05 05:15:20 +0000, Your Name said:
>
>> From ComingSoon.net ...
>>

>> Fandango's Vudu Replacing FandangoNOW
>> as Roku's Official Movie & TV Store
>> -------------------------------------
>> Fandango has announced that it is uniting its two popular movie
>> and TV streaming services, Vudu and FandangoNOW, "creating a
>> bigger, better on-demand entertainment platform on Vudu."
>> Starting today, the newly updated Vudu will replace FandangoNOW
>> as the official movie and TV store on Roku, the No. 1 TV
>> streaming platform in the U.S., with Vudu using Roku Pay on
>> Roku streaming devices.
>>
>> The new Vudu service will reportedly offer more than 200,000
>> new releases and catalog movies and TV shows to rent or buy,
>> including the largest collection of 4K UHD titles and thousands
>> of titles to watch for free - all with no subscription required.
>
> I have the Vudu app, but never open it - there is basically never a
> situation in which content is only available on Vudu.

I checked Vudu this evening, post merger - their "free" movie selection
is decent: it appears to have a lot of the stuff that Tubi, Pluto TV,
and IMDb TV seem to have. But I would say their selection isn't as
large as Tubi's (though it may be larger than IMDb TV's). I'm not sure
they have much "exclusive" free content, though, but I will start
checking for that...