And just like that I have HBO

anim8rfsk

Sep 24, 2021, 4:37:08 PMSep 24
20 channels of HBO and MAX just unlocked themselves. Is there a free
preview going or something?

What should I watch?

Ian J. Ball

Sep 24, 2021, 5:03:30 PMSep 24
On 2021-09-24 20:37:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> 20 channels of HBO and MAX just unlocked themselves. Is there a free
> preview going or something?
>
> What should I watch?

Really? I wonder if you now get HBO Max?! I'm guessing not.

I'll have to go home as see if I suddlenly have Cinemax...

What should you watch?... I would recommend "Chernobyl". I also like
GoT, but that's a lot to get through if it's just a free preview
weekend!

moviePig

Sep 24, 2021, 6:11:26 PMSep 24
On 9/24/2021 4:37 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> 20 channels of HBO and MAX just unlocked themselves. Is there a free
> preview going or something?
>
> What should I watch?

HBO. You've already seen everything on Max.

anim8rfsk

Sep 24, 2021, 7:07:25 PMSep 24
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-09-24 20:37:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> 20 channels of HBO and MAX just unlocked themselves. Is there a free
>> preview going or something?
>>
>> What should I watch?
>
> Really? I wonder if you now get HBO Max?! I'm guessing not.
>
> I'll have to go home as see if I suddlenly have Cinemax...
>
> What should you watch?... I would recommend "Chernobyl". I also like
> GoT, but that's a lot to get through if it's just a free preview
> weekend!

What I’m getting is the 20 channels of HBO and Max that are on the regular
guide on the DVR. HBO max is an app. I suppose I could give it a try.
I can’t record, but anything I click launch is on demand and the show comes
up now even if it’s not scheduled for days yet.
The first thing I clicked was Godzilla Versus Kong but it was in Spanish
with no English options. Yet it’s an English on the iPhone but I don’t
really wanna watch it that way.
So I clicked wonder woman 84. That came up in English so I’ve been watching
it for the last several hours. It’s an absolutely terrible film.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 24, 2021, 7:30:56 PMSep 24
> anim8rfsk
>
> The first thing I clicked was Godzilla Versus Kong but it was in Spanish
> with no English options.

Doesn’t really matter, in fact the movie is probably better in Spanish…

> So I clicked wonder woman 84.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/f2/cc/f7f2cc20b4ffbd0c66d842af17e574e7.gif

Why not watch something like Deadwood, The Wire or The Sopranos?

> That came up in English so I’ve been watching it for the last several hours.

Several HOURS?!

> It’s an absolutely terrible film.

$200 million worth of terrible.

Ian J. Ball

Sep 24, 2021, 7:50:36 PMSep 24
On 2021-09-24 23:30:54 +0000, Ed Stasiak said:

>> anim8rfsk
>>
>> The first thing I clicked was Godzilla Versus Kong but it was in
>> Spanish> with no English options.
>
> Doesn’t really matter, in fact the movie is probably better in Spanish…

Yeah, of the three recent "Godzilla" movies, I thought this one was by
far the weakest.

>> So I clicked wonder woman 84.
>
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/f2/cc/f7f2cc20b4ffbd0c66d842af17e574e7.gif
>
> Why not watch something like Deadwood, The Wire or The Sopranos?
>
>> That came up in English so I’ve been watching it for the last several hours.
>
> Several HOURS?!
>
>> It’s an absolutely terrible film.
>
> $200 million worth of terrible.

Yeah, WW84 is a movie where I like the opening sequence, and the rest
of the film is pretty crappy. It has low rewatch value.

anim8rfsk

Sep 24, 2021, 8:01:44 PMSep 24
Da Shadow is part of the free weekend.

So is The Stunt Man

anim8rfsk

Sep 24, 2021, 8:01:45 PMSep 24
Ed Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk
>>
>> The first thing I clicked was Godzilla Versus Kong but it was in Spanish
>> with no English options.
>
> Doesn’t really matter, in fact the movie is probably better in Spanish…

Heh

>> So I clicked wonder woman 84.
>
> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/f2/cc/f7f2cc20b4ffbd0c66d842af17e574e7.gif
>
> Why not watch something like Deadwood, The Wire or The Sopranos?

I don’t know if any of that’s available. So far all I found is a list of
movies.

>> That came up in English so I’ve been watching it for the last several hours.
>
> Several HOURS?!

It sure felt like it. I was past the two hour mark at that point with a
half an hour to go. And I had to take several breaks because the stupidity
was building up and I needed to get away from it. What a terrible, sloppy
film.

>> It’s an absolutely terrible film.
>
> $200 million worth of terrible.

anim8rfsk

Sep 24, 2021, 8:01:46 PMSep 24
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-09-24 23:30:54 +0000, Ed Stasiak said:
>

>>> anim8rfsk
>>>
>>> The first thing I clicked was Godzilla Versus Kong but it was in
>>> Spanish> with no English options.
>>
>> Doesn’t really matter, in fact the movie is probably better in Spanish…
>
> Yeah, of the three recent "Godzilla" movies, I thought this one was by
> far the weakest.
>
>>> So I clicked wonder woman 84.
>>
>> https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/f2/cc/f7f2cc20b4ffbd0c66d842af17e574e7.gif
>>
>> Why not watch something like Deadwood, The Wire or The Sopranos?
>>
>>> That came up in English so I’ve been watching it for the last several hours.
>>
>> Several HOURS?!
>>
>>> It’s an absolutely terrible film.
>>
>> $200 million worth of terrible.
>
> Yeah, WW84 is a movie where I like the opening sequence, and the rest
> of the film is pretty crappy. It has low rewatch value.

I spent the whole thing wondering out loud why stuff happened. Like where
does she get the Artemis armor? Last we saw it was back in her apartment.
Why does she get healed and her powers back by renouncing Steve? The reason
she was losing her powers was that she was siphoning them off. Why doesn’t
Christopher Pellana recognize her at the end? He knew her before Steve took
him over. And why is it Christmas when it was the Fourth of July before?
They make a big deal about getting a plane that can fly from Washington DC
to Cairo without refueling and they picked that fighter jet? I don’t think
so. Stuff is routinely going the wrong way and being behind them when it
should be in front of them just because the Director thought it made a
better shot.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 24, 2021, 8:13:49 PMSep 24
> Ian J. Ball
> > Ed Stasiak
> >
> > Doesn’t really matter, in fact the movie is probably better in Spanish…
>
> Yeah, of the three recent "Godzilla" movies, I thought this one was by
> far the weakest.

The giant monsters punching each other and smashing shit is cool
(and unlike the earlier movies, not hidden by CGI rain) but any scene
with humans is shit.

https://i.postimg.cc/wM53vqbt/1620476623129.png
https://ibb.co/d5KzRBq

Ian J. Ball

Sep 24, 2021, 8:14:08 PMSep 24
On 2021-09-24 23:07:22 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2021-09-24 20:37:05 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> 20 channels of HBO and MAX just unlocked themselves. Is there a free
>>> preview going or something?
>>>
>>> What should I watch?
>>
>> Really? I wonder if you now get HBO Max?! I'm guessing not.
>>
>> I'll have to go home as see if I suddlenly have Cinemax...
>>
>> What should you watch?... I would recommend "Chernobyl". I also like
>> GoT, but that's a lot to get through if it's just a free preview
>> weekend!
>
> What I’m getting is the 20 channels of HBO and Max that are on the regular
> guide on the DVR.

No Cinemax for me - I checked. But Spectrum never gets free HBO preview
weekends (I get HBO through my cable package anyway), so I'm never
going to get free Cinemax, like, *ever*.

> HBO max is an app. I suppose I could give it a try.
> I can’t record, but anything I click launch is on demand and the show comes
> up now even if it’s not scheduled for days yet.

You should have access to the HBO (and the Cinemax) "OnDemand" channel
if this is a cable "free" preview weekend.

When I had free preview weekends before, I usually just went straight
to the OnDemand channel...

> The first thing I clicked was Godzilla Versus Kong but it was in Spanish
> with no English options. Yet it’s an English on the iPhone but I don’t
> really wanna watch it that way.
> So I clicked wonder woman 84. That came up in English so I’ve been watching
> it for the last several hours. It’s an absolutely terrible film.

Dimensional Traveler

Sep 24, 2021, 9:49:41 PMSep 24
In other words, a typical Hollywood production.

dirty old man.

anim8rfsk

Sep 24, 2021, 11:56:09 PMSep 24
I’d say that was a fair review. I made it a couple hours in before I fell
asleep. I’ll make it back and see the end before the preview weekends done.

anim8rfsk

Sep 25, 2021, 12:42:39 AMSep 25
Yeah, when I click on some thing on HBO and it gives me the watch now
option it goes through on demand. Some stuff is recordable, some launches
on demand, some can’t be viewed except live. It’s very annoying. The new on
demand interface is so odd that I just don’t ever use it at all. And I
don’t have access to HBO max.

Pulling up on demand.
It no longer seems to offer me HBO. Instead it asks if I want to watch
black, Latino, gay, or Asian Pacific shows.
There is a networks choice but the first click on it… Well that’s
interesting. It’s telling me about the free preview of HBO max that started
a couple days ago. The app doesn’t work by “HBO max on demand“ does.
So I push that button…
Jesus fucking Christ. Pushing the “free“ button lead you to a second button
that says “subscribe“
I don’t think I’ll push that button
My next choice under networks is in Spanish
And those are my only two choices under networks
The big problem is, this is all like Amazon prime, and half the stuff costs
money, and half dozen, and it’s all mixed together trying to trick you and
accidentally dropping a dime on them.
There is a Cinemax channel but it also forces me to subscribe before I can
even see what they offer.
The best I can do is they have a half a dozen free samples.

trotsky

Sep 25, 2021, 6:01:23 AMSep 25
Is that his boyfriend?

TeeJay1952

Sep 26, 2021, 8:35:44 AMSep 26
Quirky obsevational humor -Hacks, Other Two
Politics the way it used to be West Wing
Violence and drama nudity
Sopronos, Banshee, Boardwalk Empire
Excellent Cartoons Full Metal Alchemist, Hunter X Hunter

Tee(Love Me Some Max!)Jay

anim8rfsk

Sep 29, 2021, 5:57:34 AMSep 29
Current list of stuff I’m watching or recording

You can tell that I am falling behind and fast

At some point this preview is going to end and I suppose all those things
set to record will just vanish or error out

So what did I find to watch?

Not nearly as much as I hoped.

Wonder Woman 84 (2020)
Well this was just terrible chock-full of rookie mistakes with things being
behind people that out to be in front of them and everything moving in the
wrong direction all the time. I spent most of it saying “what the hell“
like where did she get the Artemis suit which she had left behind in her
apartment?
The best part of the entire thing was the mid End credits cameo.

Underwater (2020)
An absolute mess of a movie starring Kristen Stewart who buzz cut and
bleached her hair which is too bad because her hair was her best feature. A
blatant alien rip off set, well, underwater. To add insult to injury HBO
cut off the entire end and I had to go to Ian‘s Wikipedia to even find out
what happened and a lot happened at the end. The part I sat through was all
people running around underwater in the dark timted green for some reason.

Tenet (2020)
In the not too distant future (OK, 2030) the evil bad guy has decided he
wants to destroy the world back in 2020 so he invented time travel and
sends objects and people backward where they continue to move backward
through time driving cars backward and getting cold in fire and stuff.
None of it makes a lick of sense, speaking of absolute mess of movies. But
it’s attractive to look at and lots of stuff blows up real good.

Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
The best of the movies I found on the free preview. It still doesn’t look
as good as men in suits though. I like all the subtle references to the old
movies including the old King Kong versus Godzilla. And I really wasn’t
expecting Pellucidar much less Mechagodzilla!

The Sopranos (2000) S02E07 “D-Girl”
The DVR grabbed this automagically because it had Alicia Witt in it. OK,
so, now I’ve seen an episode of The Sopranos. I was not impressed. It was
humorous to see Jon Favreau playing himself before he had gold with Iron
Man.

Greenland (2020)
Comet stomps Earth. They really should just make Larry Niven’s LUCIFER’S
HAMMER and be done with it. I watched it because Morena Baccarin. But it
was just silly because who would possibly cheat on her?

Lay the Favorite (2012)
In Las Vegas a cute hooker tries to go straight by working for Bruce
Willis‘s betting company. Really more in the line of something that would
make a decent TV movie. A good cast including a completely unrecognizable
Catherine Zeta Jones. It’s sort of amazing that you just let people run
around carrying $80,000 in cash routinely. The hooker was also in Godzilla
versus Kong!

The Presidio (1988)
Just starting this now. And very wide screen, the image is absolutely
gorgeous. Apparently it was a 70 mm release in the theaters although I
don’t know how it was sourced. I haven’t seen this in decades and I’m gonna
really enjoy it if only for the picture quality. Also it’s almost 35 years
old and it’s fun to see Mark Harmon when he was in his early 60s.

The Aviator (2004)

Take Me Home Tonight (2011)
The DVR grabbed this because it was looking for Nathalie Kelley to record
“the fast and the furious” movies

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)

Phantom (2013)
Submarine movie about a Russian sub with a great all American cast. Cinemax
is running it in the wrong aspect ratio. Idiots.
Apparently filmed on a real submarine in the Sandy Eggo Maritime Museum.

https://sdmaritime.org/visit/the-ships/b-39-submarine/

Executive Decision (1996)
Certainly Steven Seagal’s best movie; possibly Halle Berry’s as well.

Imposter (2002)

Equilibrium (2002)

Overnight the magic DVR started adding HBO shows it thought I would want to
see.

The invisible man (2020)

2 fast 2 furious (2003)

Hostage (2005)

Vanilla sky (2000) In Spanish

Last Knights (2015)
This is just silly. I guess it supposed to be very woke. Some medieval set
up where the royalty is Asian and the underclass are all white guys with
different metric accents except for Morgan Freeman. The short answer is,
it’s just a Robin Hood and or Ivanhoe rip. In some sort of snow covered
kingdom that never existed the sheriff of Nottingham has 2000 guards
protecting him in case Robin comes back and the top level of nobleman is 2
million strong. I gave up maybe half an hour in and went and read the
Wikipedia plot description to see if I was going to miss anything if I
stuck with it and they clearly wasn’t so I bailed. You have to work hard to
get me to skip medieval night stuff.

In the heart of the sea (2015)

The aviator (which I already recorded once)

darkness falls (2003)

King Kong (2005)

Gone (2012)

Underwater (I padded it out 30 minutes at the end so maybe I’ll get to see
it all)
OK so the first time I saw it they cut off at least 20 minutes. This time
it would’ve been truncated again as well but I patted it way out.
So I got to see the entire ending where they ripped off a lien two and
three as well. The major difference is that Sigourney Weaver looked great
running around in her underwear and Kristen Stewart not so much. IMDb
points out lots of goofs and boy are they right. I also boosted the image
on the plasma through the roof so I could actually see what was going on
which helped a lot. A ridiculous amount of colored flashing lights and
explosions all going off with no explanation.

The fast and the furious (2001)

The new mutants (2020)

Proof of life (2000)

STILL TO RECORD:

The seeker: the dark is rising (2007)

King Kong (1976)

Can you keep a secret (2019)

Can you keep a secret (2019) a second time, hey, it’s hi ho the Dario

Mr. nobody (2013)

Flawless (2007)

Summer school (1987)

Serving Sara (2002)

Ian J. Ball

Sep 29, 2021, 8:48:17 AMSep 29
On 2021-09-29 09:57:27 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Current list of stuff I’m watching or recording
>
> You can tell that I am falling behind and fast
>
> At some point this preview is going to end and I suppose all those things
> set to record will just vanish or error out
>
> So what did I find to watch?
>
> [snip]
> Overnight the magic DVR started adding HBO shows it thought I would want to
> see.
>
> 2 fast 2 furious (2003)

OMG, you're going to *hate* this! - It's by far the worst F&F flick!

> Vanilla sky (2000) In Spanish

Just delete that - no point if it's not in English.

> darkness falls (2003)

Horror flick, starring... Emma Caulfield!! - I predict you'll hate it!!

> Gone (2012)

This is one of my guilty pleasure flicks - I like it a lot more than I
probably should... Hey, it's NCIS Bishop when she was a "baby"!! ;)

> The fast and the furious (2001)

I doubt you'll like this!!

> The new mutants (2020)

I actually liked this one, but I'm a sucker for, A) X-Men stuff, and B)
Anya Taylor-Joy!! ;)

> Proof of life (2000)

I last saw this in the theater in 2000!

> STILL TO RECORD:
>

> The seeker: the dark is rising (2007)

I think I've been told to see this(?...).

> Can you keep a secret (2019) a second time, hey, it’s hi ho the Dario

I've seen this - it's just OK.

anim8rfsk

Sep 29, 2021, 9:48:55 AMSep 29
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-09-29 09:57:27 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Current list of stuff I’m watching or recording
>>
>> You can tell that I am falling behind and fast
>>
>> At some point this preview is going to end and I suppose all those things
>> set to record will just vanish or error out
>>
>> So what did I find to watch?
>>
>> [snip]
>> Overnight the magic DVR started adding HBO shows it thought I would want to
>> see.
>>
>> 2 fast 2 furious (2003)
>
> OMG, you're going to *hate* this! - It's by far the worst F&F flick!

Lol

>> Vanilla sky (2000) In Spanish
>
> Just delete that - no point if it's not in English.

I’ve seen it anyway. Alicia Witt.

>> darkness falls (2003)
>
> Horror flick, starring... Emma Caulfield!! - I predict you'll hate it!!

I watched about five minutes of it. You were right.

>> Gone (2012)
>
> This is one of my guilty pleasure flicks - I like it a lot more than I
> probably should... Hey, it's NCIS Bishop when she was a "baby"!! ;)

Yeah, I added that one manually because bishop.

>> The fast and the furious (2001)
>
> I doubt you'll like this!!

Is it the first one? I’ve been waiting to start with the first one.

>> The new mutants (2020)
>
> I actually liked this one, but I'm a sucker for, A) X-Men stuff, and B)
> Anya Taylor-Joy!! ;)

I caught some of it. Not sure what I think about Lockheed being a hand
puppet.

>> Proof of life (2000)
>
> I last saw this in the theater in 2000!

It’s not the only movie on the list from the 20th century.

>> STILL TO RECORD:
>>

>> The seeker: the dark is rising (2007)
>
> I think I've been told to see this(?...).

It sounded like it might be goofy fun

>> Can you keep a secret (2019) a second time, hey, it’s hi ho the Dario
>
> I've seen this - it's just OK.

I’ll probably only watch it once then. :-)
I let both recordings run in case they screw up one which Cinemax seems to
do a lot. These are on different channels.

Thanks for the feedback!

anim8rfsk

Sep 29, 2021, 10:55:04 AMSep 29
Somewhere during the night the free preview came to an ignominious end. So
none of the still to record stuff made it.

Ian J. Ball

Sep 29, 2021, 11:20:56 AMSep 29
On 2021-09-29 13:48:50 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>> On 2021-09-29 09:57:27 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> Current list of stuff I’m watching or recording
>>>
>>> You can tell that I am falling behind and fast
>>>
>>> At some point this preview is going to end and I suppose all those things
>>> set to record will just vanish or error out
>>>
>>> So what did I find to watch?
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>> Overnight the magic DVR started adding HBO shows it thought I would want to
>>> see.
>>>
>>> 2 fast 2 furious (2003)
>>
>> OMG, you're going to *hate* this! - It's by far the worst F&F flick!
>
> Lol
>
>>> darkness falls (2003)
>>
>> Horror flick, starring... Emma Caulfield!! - I predict you'll hate it!!
>
> I watched about five minutes of it. You were right.

I watched it years ago - I think I thought it was OK... but I think I
really didn't like the ending.

It's not interesting enough for me to rewatch to find out (unless it
coincidentally airs when I need some background noise!! - I just
watched the last half of "Byzantium" on Showtime Women yesterday that
way!! ;> )

>>> The fast and the furious (2001)
>>
>> I doubt you'll like this!!
>
> Is it the first one? I’ve been waiting to start with the first one.

Yes - this is the first one.

>>> The new mutants (2020)
>>
>> I actually liked this one, but I'm a sucker for, A) X-Men stuff, and B)
>> Anya Taylor-Joy!! ;)
>
> I caught some of it. Not sure what I think about Lockheed being a hand
> puppet.

'Cos Anya's cuckoo-crazy in this!! ;)

>>> STILL TO RECORD:
>>>

>>> The seeker: the dark is rising (2007)
>>
>> I think I've been told to see this(?...).
>
> It sounded like it might be goofy fun
>
>>> Can you keep a secret (2019) a second time, hey, it’s hi ho the Dario
>>
>> I've seen this - it's just OK.
>
> I’ll probably only watch it once then. :-)

Yeah - to put this in perspective: I greatly preferred "Layover" (which
I've come to have an embarassed fondness for) to this flick. I think I
even preferred "When We First Met" to this...

> I let both recordings run in case they screw up one which Cinemax seems to
> do a lot. These are on different channels.

I wish I still got Cinemax... :(

Ian J. Ball

Sep 29, 2021, 11:22:07 AMSep 29
On 2021-09-29 14:54:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>
> Somewhere during the night the free preview came to an ignominious end. So
> none of the still to record stuff made it.

Based on the list below, you're not missing anything (unless "The
Seeker..." is any good...).

anim8rfsk

Sep 29, 2021, 11:35:26 AMSep 29
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-09-29 14:54:56 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>
>> Somewhere during the night the free preview came to an ignominious end. So
>> none of the still to record stuff made it.
>
> Based on the list below, you're not missing anything (unless "The
> Seeker..." is any good...).

Will probably never know.
I’ve always liked summer school. Never saw it on cable though just regular
TV. I saw the 1976 Kong in the theater. The rest of it would’ve been new to
me.

anim8rfsk

Sep 29, 2021, 11:35:26 AMSep 29
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> On 2021-09-29 13:48:50 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> OMG, you're going to *hate* this! - It's by far the worst F&F flick!

I think I have three total on the DVR now including the first and the
worst!

>> Lol

>>> Horror flick, starring... Emma Caulfield!! - I predict you'll hate it!!
>>
>> I watched about five minutes of it. You were right.
>
> I watched it years ago - I think I thought it was OK... but I think I
> really didn't like the ending.
>
> It's not interesting enough for me to rewatch to find out (unless it
> coincidentally airs when I need some background noise!! - I just
> watched the last half of "Byzantium" on Showtime Women yesterday that
> way!! ;> )

>>> I doubt you'll like this!!
>>
>> Is it the first one? I’ve been waiting to start with the first one.
>
> Yes - this is the first one.

Wah-hooo!

>>> I actually liked this one, but I'm a sucker for, A) X-Men stuff, and B)
>>> Anya Taylor-Joy!! ;)
>>
>> I caught some of it. Not sure what I think about Lockheed being a hand
>> puppet.
>
> 'Cos Anya's cuckoo-crazy in this!! ;)

I got that impression.

>>> I think I've been told to see this(?...).
>>
>> It sounded like it might be goofy fun

>>> I've seen this - it's just OK.
>>
>> I’ll probably only watch it once then. :-)
>
> Yeah - to put this in perspective: I greatly preferred "Layover" (which
> I've come to have an embarassed fondness for) to this flick. I think I
> even preferred "When We First Met" to this...

I’d be thumbs up on both of those valves as long as you’re high hold a
Dario fan.

>> I let both recordings run in case they screw up one which Cinemax seems to
>> do a lot. These are on different channels.
>
> I wish I still got Cinemax... :(

Well, now I don’t anymore either.

Ed Stasiak

Sep 30, 2021, 7:07:23 PMSep 30
> anim8rfsk
>
> Wonder Woman 84 (2020)
> The best part of the entire thing was the mid End credits cameo.

What was it again? I've mostly forgotten the movie as it was so bad.

> Tenet (2020)

I couldn't finish this movie, time travel is WAY overused nowadays
so I went into it with already low expectations.

> Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
> And I really wasn’t expecting Pellucidar much less Mechagodzilla!

How about Godzilla blasting a hole TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
with his monster breath, which King Kong then climbs up in a couple
of minutes?

https://i.postimg.cc/kGMtHb3F/Paulie-Walnuts.gif
https://ibb.co/BytGWsH

> Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
> Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)

You should check out Tarantino’s “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood”,
it’s his 2nd best flick after “Pulp Fiction” IMO.

> King Kong (2005)

Great movie and the extended directors cut is even better.

> King Kong (1976)

I saw this in the theater when it came out and still think it’s quite
a good movie. Also, Jessica Lange was hot as fuck back then.

anim8rfsk

Sep 30, 2021, 7:44:25 PMSep 30
Ed Stasiak <edstas...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> anim8rfsk
>>
>> Wonder Woman 84 (2020)
>> The best part of the entire thing was the mid End credits cameo.
>
> What was it again? I've mostly forgotten the movie as it was so bad.

Lynda Carter appeared as Artemis.

>> Tenet (2020)
>
> I couldn't finish this movie, time travel is WAY overused nowadays
> so I went into it with already low expectations.

Honestly no part of it makes sense and the big surprise ending I had
figured out about an hour earlier so it’s sort it doesn’t matter if you
finish watching it or not.

>> Godzilla vs Kong (2021)
>> And I really wasn’t expecting Pellucidar much less Mechagodzilla!
>
> How about Godzilla blasting a hole TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH
> with his monster breath, which King Kong then climbs up in a couple
> of minutes?

After all the endless X position about how incredibly difficult it was
going to be to get to the center of the earth and gravity reversal and
everything.

>> The Sopranos (2000) S02E07 “D-Girl”
>> he watches a random episode from the second season…
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/kGMtHb3F/Paulie-Walnuts.gif
> https://ibb.co/BytGWsH
>
>> Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
>> Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
>
> You should check out Tarantino’s “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood”,
> it’s his 2nd best flick after “Pulp Fiction” IMO.

Cool

>> King Kong (2005)
>
> Great movie and the extended directors cut is even better.

I’ve seen it. I enjoyed it quite a bit although I thought it was overly
long and almost grayed out when the tea Rex was swinging from vines and the
crevasse. That just went on way too long. But I thought it was worth
re-watch.

>> King Kong (1976)
>
> I saw this in the theater when it came out and still think it’s quite
> a good movie. Also, Jessica Lange was hot as fuck back then.

Oh yes
I too saw it opening night and the theater. The Rick Baker ape suit stuff
was great. The million dollar full-size Kong was just embarrassing. But
there’s some good actors and beautiful photography and an excellent music
score. Pretty much everything Dino DeLaurentis had nothing to do with was
great. The stories of the crap that went on behind the scenes are amazing.
Like the giant hand, Dino insisted they had to have Italians pulling the
cables that move the fingers and they didn’t speak English and the Director
didn’t speak Italian so they had to have intermediate translators for each
bloody cable operator.

moviePig

Sep 30, 2021, 11:30:46 PMSep 30
An early form of digital f/x...

Ian J. Ball

Oct 2, 2021, 5:18:13 PMOct 2
On 2021-09-29 15:35:21 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Somewhere during the night the free preview came to an ignominious end. So
>>> none of the still to record stuff made it.
>>
>> Based on the list below, you're not missing anything (unless "The
>> Seeker..." is any good...).
>
> Will probably never know.

"The Seeker..." is on HBO Max. If I find some time, I may try to check
it out...

Ian J. Ball

Oct 2, 2021, 5:19:40 PMOct 2
On 2021-10-02 21:18:09 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:

> On 2021-09-29 15:35:21 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>> Based on the list below, you're not missing anything (unless "The
>>> Seeker..." is any good...).
>>
>> Will probably never know.
>
> "The Seeker..." is on HBO Max. If I find some time, I may try to check
> it out...

Geez - it also has "Fun Size" which is supposed to be the worst
Victoria Justice movie ever!!

Adam H. Kerman

Oct 2, 2021, 11:09:04 PMOct 2
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>Geez - it also has "Fun Size" which is supposed to be the worst
>Victoria Justice movie ever!!

Thanks for reminding me of a movie I'd put out of mind. Didn't I post a
review of that? I'm not sure I've seen her in a movie that was
entertaining.