What Did You Watch? 2017-05-04 (Thursday)

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 4:33:17 AM5/5/17
I watched:

ISLAND OF THE LOST:
An anthropologist and his family are shipwrecked on an uncharted isle
inhabitted by tusked german sheppards. Meanwhile, a young polynesian
man wanders around as some sort of tribal hazing ritual.

RU PAUL'S DRAG RACE:
"Snatch Game". The dragtestants participate in a spoof of Match Game. I
think this concept has run out of steam b/c it wasn't as funny as it
used to be and I had no clue who most of the contestants were
impersonating, especially the two former dragtestants from previous
seasons. Shouldn't you be automatically eliminated for playing a
dragtestant from a previous season? Later, they do a Madonna challenge.
Luckily, everyone doesn't do the same madonna look this time but there
were a lot of stupid choices, like what she wore to the Grammies
last year. Girrrrrrl, you can better than that! Oh yeah, one of the
dragtestants confessed to being a tranny, so they played a "tranny
rights" ad every commercial break for the rest of the show.

What did you watch?

Obveeus

May 5, 2017, 7:55:55 AM5/5/17
On STAR WARS Day I watched:

INTERSTATE 60: EPISODES OF THE ROAD: A 2002 comedy road trip film
starring James Marsden. The premise here is that a guy takes a road
trip on Interstate 60 (an imaginary road much like Route 66) and lots of
strange/magical stuff happens. The rest of the cast includes Gary
Oldman, Christohpher Lloyd, Michael J. Fox, Kurt Russell, Ann-Margret,
and Amy Smart. This was a good movie, even if it never did aspire to be
anything more than a cute little film. Watching the commentary track
after this film was a bit sad as there was a lot of explanation about
how this film was only made to prove that the director (Bob Gale) could
get a cast of stars to do a film on the cheap so that the film could be
profitable at the Box office. The goal of this film was to do well
enough that the director/producer could get the backing needed to make
the film he really wanted to make. Instead, this film ended up being a
straight to DVD offering...and pretty much ended the guy's career as
director/producer such that he never did get to make the film he wanted
to make after this.

Side note: I think that Bob Gale probably wrote his own IMDB entry
which includes the following text:
In addition to writing movies and occasionally television,
Gale has written comic books including Spider-Man, Batman
and the IDW Back to the Future title, thus proving to his
father that he did not waste hours and hours reading comics
in his youth. He has also served as an expert witness in
over 25 plagiarism cases, even though this has occasionally
required him to wear a suit and tie (oh, the horror!).
When he's not in production, writing, shooting off his
mouth or wasting time on the internet, he actually does
take out the trash even when his wife doesn't ask. Well,
sometimes he does...

What did you watch?

icebreaker

May 5, 2017, 8:58:48 AM5/5/17
Chicago Med (NBC) -- Rhodes visits Robyn in the psych ward and finds
her normal but agitated for being kept prisoner. He gets a lawyer and
goes after Dr. Charles and the hospital for the manner in which Dr.
Charles had her committed. Charles and the Hospital give in and she
goes home with Rhodes. During the night she wakes Rhodes up making
noise and he finds her bat shit crazy. She freaks when she sees him
and goes to the balcony locking him out. She appears to be wanting to
crawl over the raiing to take a multistory plunge. We'll have to wait
until the season finale next week which NBC says will keep us on the
edge of our seats and change things forever. A 13 year old comes in
with symptoms generally related to being sexually abused. Dad is a
suspect, but her orthodontist gassed her to have his way. April and
Choi disagree over an ALS patient whose choice of treatment will end
his life in short order. Choi later tries to plant one on her. It's
Match Day and Jeff announces he got his ER match. April has not seen
or heard from her brother so assumes since Jeff got his ER match, he
did not. He later comes in and announces he got the Med ER match.
Natalie and the rest assumed it was Jeff but his match was in
Honolulu. Natalie is a bit disappointed and Jeff leaves without really
saying goodbye for obvious reasons.

Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode. FP confesses
to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
wasn't in his trailer when they searched. Fred does want Jughead
living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit. Betty is not convinced
and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
that shows the actual murder. A father kills his son. Old Man Blossom
also hung himself. He also had a drug trade going on. FP was
threatened with Juggie's death by Blossom if he didn't confess, but
the Sheriff is going to charge him for obstruction and other things
anyway. Oh and the Coopers are Blossoms as it turns out. Where this
goes from here I'm not sure, but I'm glad they resolved this part of
the arc. The season finale promises new secrets.

Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- The Boys finish their government project but
the General wants them to continue to miniaturize. When they return
after celebrating, they return to an empty lab with the government
having taken everything. Amy is taking a post on the East Coast for a
few months and has to find a way to tell Sheldon. Raj is finally
moving out.

---
http://www.avg.com

Ian J. Ball

May 5, 2017, 9:11:41 AM5/5/17
On 2017-05-05 11:55:53 +0000, Obveeus said:

> What did you watch?

Not much:

2 Broke Girls (recorded) - The final 2 episodes of season #6 (and thus
likely the final 2 episodes of the series): "And the Rock Me on the
Dais" and "And 2 Broke Girls: The Movie".
In these episodes, the movie about Caroline (and Max's) life comes
out - OMG! the actress playing the actress playing Caroline in the
movie is Jennifer Runyon's *daughter* (Bayley Corman)!! - man, do I
feel old!! - and first they do the press junket (the subplot with the
actress playing Max becoming a junkie was amusing). And who should show
up at the press junket? None other than Caroline's ex, "Candy Andy",
which makes Bobby jealous.
Then it's the movie's premiere. And who should show up here? None
other than Randy (Ed Quinn)! and he wants Max back!!
The ending of the finale was definitely written as if these guys
knew that there wouldn't be a "season #7", and that *this* was the
series finale - both girls ended up with their guys, and because
Caroline destroyed an expensive dress at the premiere, the cash balance
at finale's end went "$9999 -> $0", and thus the girls are still broke,
and will still have to work as waitresses at Han's diner.
All in all, this was an appropriate way to end this show. If there's
no season #7, this finale is a servicable series finale.

Prison Break (recorded) - "Contingency". Everyone tries to get out of
Sa'ana, which is esp. difficult for Michael and co. who have to get
across town with everyone hunting for them as there's a bounty on their
heads - added complication? Michael insists upon trying to escape via
the train station rather than the airport where C-Note and Inbar Lavi
are. In the end, on C-Note, Lavi and the people with them get out, but
not Michael and co.
Meanwhile, T-Bag shows Sara the truth about her husband, but by the
end she is seemingly re-duped by him... Or *is* she?!
This episode was just OK. (And, by this point, I have to laugh that
Amaury Nolasco is main cast-credited when he's only been in one scene
in the very first episode and has been completely absent since then!)

Chicago Med - A nothinburger episode, mostly devoted to [s]Tommy
Merlyn[/s] Rhodes' efforts to get Robyn out of the funny farm with
daddy Dr. Charles fighting him the whole way. Meanwhile, we get a raw
deal when they write out Jeff Hephner's character but keep the annoying
brother of "America's Last Top Model" [fume]. This episode had almost
no Dr. Reese, and even the Ice Princess' storylines were mostly boring.
Next week is the season (series?!!) finale: Let's hope they make
that more interesting than they made this one!

Recorded for later: The Big Bang Theory, and The Blacklist(!).

--
"His compassion killed him." - Dr. Sabine Lommers, in

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 9:38:45 AM5/5/17
In article <0pqogc9b8ur2ori9s...@4ax.com>,
icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode.

And yet it managed to be slow, ponderous, and boring.

FP confesses
> to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
> wasn't in his trailer when they searched.

And nobody wants to tell the cops or lawyers or anything. And Archie's
lawyer mother is a complete idiot.

Fred does want Jughead
> living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
> it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
> This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
> Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
> assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit.

I thought pretty much everybody knew about the bribe bag by now.

Betty is not convinced
> and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
> that shows the actual murder.

So ... Jason put on his jacket, and stuck the thumb drive in his pocket,
which had a hole in it, so it fell through into the lining, which they
wouldn't have discovered were Archie not *wearing* the jacket for some
reason, and ... Jason did all this after he was dead?

A father kills his son. Old Man Blossom
> also hung himself. He also had a drug trade going on.

Without which the entire town is doomed.

And what was up with the room full of Ronald McDonald wigs from last
week?

FP was
> threatened with Juggie's death by Blossom if he didn't confess, but
> the Sheriff is going to charge him for obstruction and other things
> anyway. Oh and the Coopers are Blossoms as it turns out.

And are into incest. And I still think Archie is a Blossom.

Where this
> goes from here I'm not sure, but I'm glad they resolved this part of
> the arc. The season finale promises new secrets.

So hoping it's the series finale as well.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Ian J. Ball

May 5, 2017, 9:46:55 AM5/5/17
On Friday, May 5, 2017 at 6:38:45 AM UTC-7, anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <0pqogc9b8ur2ori9s...@4ax.com>,
> icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> > Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode.
>
> > Where this
> > goes from here I'm not sure, but I'm glad they resolved this part of
> > the arc. The season finale promises new secrets.
>
> So hoping it's the series finale as well.

No such luck - already renewed for season #2... :(

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 10:14:59 AM5/5/17
In article <87aab9b7-60ea-46e9...@googlegroups.com>,
I don't think I'll bother. This is really dreadful.

Arthur Lipscomb

May 5, 2017, 10:15:12 AM5/5/17
That sounds familiar. Wasn't that the name of the prison from the first
or second season?

which is esp. difficult for Michael and co. who have to get
> across town with everyone hunting for them as there's a bounty on their
> heads - added complication? Michael insists upon trying to escape via
> the train station rather than the airport where C-Note and Inbar Lavi
> are. In the end, on C-Note, Lavi and the people with them get out, but
> not Michael and co.
> Meanwhile, T-Bag shows Sara the truth about her husband, but by the
> end she is seemingly re-duped by him... Or *is* she?!
> This episode was just OK. (And, by this point, I have to laugh that
> Amaury Nolasco is main cast-credited when he's only been in one scene in
> the very first episode and has been completely absent since then!)

Wait, so they are still hanging around with the *same* people from the
first season and trying to break out of yet another prison.

> Recorded for later: The Big Bang Theory, and The Blacklist(!).

I watched:

Arrow - "Underneath" - Ollie and Felicity are trapped and need to be
rescued.

The Blacklist - "Dr. Bogdan Krilov" - Mr. Kaplan drags another
Blacklister into her fight against Red. At some point along the way
this turned into background noise.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (theatrical) - The Guardians return to
save the galaxy one more time. This was a bit more all over the place
with various adventures going on but the main through line is Peter
finds his father, Ego the living planet (Kurt Russell) while being
hunted by a race of genetically engineered aliens. I'm still processing
it. It's definitely a good movie which I enjoyed but I expected it to
be *better* than the first one and I don't think it's better. Then
again the first movie set a really high bar and it the sequel, while
perhaps not better is still a really good movie.

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 10:22:06 AM5/5/17
I watched

STAR WARS

No ep 2

No A New Hope

No Greedo shot first

No Rontos

No Praxis Waves/BSRs*

*Big Stupid Rings

*So* much better than any of the retcon versions!

I also sat through one of the new MST4K eps - Beast of Hollow Mountain.
I didn't even smile once.

icebreaker

May 5, 2017, 11:34:28 AM5/5/17
On Fri, 05 May 2017 06:38:38 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <0pqogc9b8ur2ori9s...@4ax.com>,
> icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode.
>
>And yet it managed to be slow, ponderous, and boring.

Really? I didn't think so.

> FP confesses
>> to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
>> wasn't in his trailer when they searched.
>
>And nobody wants to tell the cops or lawyers or anything. And Archie's
>lawyer mother is a complete idiot.

I think they did tell the cops, but it was later and not the night
when they knew about it.

> Fred does want Jughead
>> living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
>> it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
>> This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
>> Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
>> assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit.
>
>I thought pretty much everybody knew about the bribe bag by now.
>
> Betty is not convinced
>> and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
>> that shows the actual murder.
>
>So ... Jason put on his jacket, and stuck the thumb drive in his pocket,
>which had a hole in it, so it fell through into the lining, which they
>wouldn't have discovered were Archie not *wearing* the jacket for some
>reason, and ... Jason did all this after he was dead?

I think this was a backup plan by FP and Joaquin as protection from
Blossom. Jason had on his jacket when old man Blossom shot him. Since
FP and Joaquin were cleaning up the mess, they put the recording in
the jacket they removed from him and hid that away. I doubt they knew
there was a hole in the pocket. That part could have just been
fortuitous. I don't know.

> A father kills his son. Old Man Blossom
>> also hung himself. He also had a drug trade going on.
>
>Without which the entire town is doomed.

Ha! Maybe they could actually try selling syrup for a change. Also,
Hiram's going to be coming to town so he can take over as the crime
lord.= if need be.

>And what was up with the room full of Ronald McDonald wigs from last
>week?

I don't know. Maybe Old Man Blossom wasn't really a ginger. Maybe
Jason wasn't really his son which may be why he had no trouble
shooting him.

> FP was
>> threatened with Juggie's death by Blossom if he didn't confess, but
>> the Sheriff is going to charge him for obstruction and other things
>> anyway. Oh and the Coopers are Blossoms as it turns out.
>
>And are into incest. And I still think Archie is a Blossom.

The cavalier attitude toward incest made me laugh. Alice called them
out which was pretty good. The upperclass for centuries was all about
keeping purity which is why 1st cousins was far enough removed in many
cases. I think 3rd cousins can actually marry. Well, since the Coopers
are Blossoms and if Archie is a Blossom, then he and Betty can never
be! I'd rather have Ronnie anyway. Arch and Betty are more like bro
and sis anyway so they may be good to go for reals. Arch should get a
DNA profile for sure.

> Where this
>> goes from here I'm not sure, but I'm glad they resolved this part of
>> the arc. The season finale promises new secrets.
>
>So hoping it's the series finale as well.

It's lighter fare. I don't expect much from it. How could I when the
characters are cribbed from a comic. I hate Arrow and Flash with a
passion though. This entertains me, mostly based on the characters.

BTR1701

May 5, 2017, 12:20:29 PM5/5/17
In article <0pqogc9b8ur2ori9s...@4ax.com>,
icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Big Bang Theory (CBS) -- The Boys finish their government project but
> the General wants them to continue to miniaturize. When they return
> after celebrating, they return to an empty lab with the government
> having taken everything. Amy is taking a post on the East Coast for a
> few months and has to find a way to tell Sheldon.

I couldn't figure out what was the big deal? With the government taking
their project, Sheldon has nothing currently to do, and I'm sure he has
tons of vacation time built up since he never does anything but work.
She's only gonna be gone a few months. He should go with her.

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 1:32:01 PM5/5/17
icebr...@nowhere.com wrote:

>Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode. FP confesses
>to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
>wasn't in his trailer when they searched. Fred does want Jughead
>living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
>it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
>This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
>Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
>assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit. Betty is not convinced
>and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
>that shows the actual murder.

Why did the murderer film his deed and save it and carry it around with him?

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 1:33:03 PM5/5/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:

>I watched
>
>STAR WARS
>
>No ep 2
>
>No A New Hope
>
>No Greedo shot first
>
>No Rontos
>
>No Praxis Waves/BSRs*
>
>*Big Stupid Rings
>
>*So* much better than any of the retcon versions!

You forgot to mention no CGI Pizza The Hut!

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 2:08:02 PM5/5/17
In article <oeicoa$vf0$6...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> icebr...@nowhere.com wrote:
>

> >Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode. FP confesses
> >to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
> >wasn't in his trailer when they searched. Fred does want Jughead
> >living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
> >it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
> >This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
> >Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
> >assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit. Betty is not convinced
> >and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
> >that shows the actual murder.
>
> Why did the murderer film his deed and save it and carry it around with him?

No, the victim did that

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 2:16:31 PM5/5/17
In article <du5pgch4vnmhkhbp9...@4ax.com>,
icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 May 2017 06:38:38 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <0pqogc9b8ur2ori9s...@4ax.com>,
> > icebreaker <icebr...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode.
> >
> >And yet it managed to be slow, ponderous, and boring.
>
> Really? I didn't think so.

I *barely* made it through.

> > FP confesses
> >> to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
> >> wasn't in his trailer when they searched.
> >
> >And nobody wants to tell the cops or lawyers or anything. And Archie's
> >lawyer mother is a complete idiot.
>
> I think they did tell the cops, but it was later and not the night
> when they knew about it.

Yeah, but I'd have been yelling it far and near before JP was booked!

> > Fred does want Jughead
> >> living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
> >> it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
> >> This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
> >> Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
> >> assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit.
> >
> >I thought pretty much everybody knew about the bribe bag by now.
> >
> > Betty is not convinced
> >> and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
> >> that shows the actual murder.
> >
> >So ... Jason put on his jacket, and stuck the thumb drive in his pocket,
> >which had a hole in it, so it fell through into the lining, which they
> >wouldn't have discovered were Archie not *wearing* the jacket for some
> >reason, and ... Jason did all this after he was dead?
>
> I think this was a backup plan by FP and Joaquin as protection from
> Blossom. Jason had on his jacket when old man Blossom shot him. Since
> FP and Joaquin were cleaning up the mess, they put the recording in
> the jacket they removed from him and hid that away. I doubt they knew
> there was a hole in the pocket. That part could have just been
> fortuitous. I don't know.

Do we know how the jacket survived?

> > A father kills his son. Old Man Blossom
> >> also hung himself. He also had a drug trade going on.
> >
> >Without which the entire town is doomed.
>
> Ha! Maybe they could actually try selling syrup for a change. Also,
> Hiram's going to be coming to town so he can take over as the crime
> lord.= if need be.

Oh, good point, Hiram's the big bad for season 2, isn't he?

> >And what was up with the room full of Ronald McDonald wigs from last
> >week?
>
> I don't know. Maybe Old Man Blossom wasn't really a ginger. Maybe
> Jason wasn't really his son which may be why he had no trouble
> shooting him.

I suspect everybody in town is the son of someone other than they think.

But yeah, the best reason for him to shoot Jason and not Polly is that
Polly is his kid and Jason isn't, although if he wants rid of the baby,
he still needed to do away with Polly.

> > FP was
> >> threatened with Juggie's death by Blossom if he didn't confess, but
> >> the Sheriff is going to charge him for obstruction and other things
> >> anyway. Oh and the Coopers are Blossoms as it turns out.
> >
> >And are into incest. And I still think Archie is a Blossom.
>
> The cavalier attitude toward incest made me laugh. Alice called them
> out which was pretty good. The upperclass for centuries was all about
> keeping purity which is why 1st cousins was far enough removed in many
> cases. I think 3rd cousins can actually marry.

Second cousins can marry most places. First cousins can marry in
Wisconsin (I had a friend that moved there just so she could marry her
first cousin and raise pointy headed children).

Well, since the Coopers
> are Blossoms and if Archie is a Blossom, then he and Betty can never
> be! I'd rather have Ronnie anyway.

But there's every reason to assume Ronnie and Archie are siblings, if
Archie is actually Pa Andrews son.

Arch and Betty are more like bro
> and sis anyway so they may be good to go for reals. Arch should get a
> DNA profile for sure.
>
> > Where this
> >> goes from here I'm not sure, but I'm glad they resolved this part of
> >> the arc. The season finale promises new secrets.
> >
> >So hoping it's the series finale as well.
>
> It's lighter fare. I don't expect much from it. How could I when the
> characters are cribbed from a comic. I hate Arrow and Flash with a
> passion though. This entertains me, mostly based on the characters.

Cool. :)

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 2:16:44 PM5/5/17
In article <oeicq9$vf0$7...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
>
> >I watched
> >
> >STAR WARS
> >
> >No ep 2
> >
> >No A New Hope
> >
> >No Greedo shot first
> >
> >No Rontos
> >
> >No Praxis Waves/BSRs*
> >
> >*Big Stupid Rings
> >
> >*So* much better than any of the retcon versions!
>
> You forgot to mention no CGI Pizza The Hut!

gah

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 2:17:54 PM5/5/17
In article <oei17a$sca$1...@dont-email.me>,
Wow. Interesting casting. Although Ego should be the ultimate Stan Lee
cameo.

while being
> hunted by a race of genetically engineered aliens. I'm still processing
> it. It's definitely a good movie which I enjoyed but I expected it to
> be *better* than the first one and I don't think it's better. Then
> again the first movie set a really high bar and it the sequel, while
> perhaps not better is still a really good movie.

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 2:22:48 PM5/5/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> icebr...@nowhere.com wrote:

>>> Riverdale (CW) -- So much transpired during this episode. FP confesses
>>> to Jason Blossom's murder which upsets some since they know the gun
>>> wasn't in his trailer when they searched. Fred does want Jughead
>>> living with them long term which seems very odd. FP tells Juggie how
>>> it went down and that Kevin's boyfriend, Joaquin, helped him clean up.
>>> This leads to Jason's letterman's jacket which has been hidden away.
>>> Money is found in a bag with Hiram Lodge's monogram so Veronica
>>> assumes it was her Dad that ordered the hit. Betty is not convinced
>>> and goes through Jason's letterman's jacket and finds a thumb drive
>>> that shows the actual murder.
>>
>> Why did the murderer film his deed and save it and carry it around with him?
>
>No, the victim did that

Argh, this is like the stupid ep of Sheena in which the smugglers caught some
people vidtaping them and buried them in a boxcar without confiscating their
camera!

BTR1701

May 5, 2017, 2:23:28 PM5/5/17
In article <oeicq9$vf0$7...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
>
> >I watched
> >
> >STAR WARS
> >
> >No ep 2
> >
> >No A New Hope
> >
> >No Greedo shot first
> >
> >No Rontos
> >
> >No Praxis Waves/BSRs*
> >
> >*Big Stupid Rings
> >
> >*So* much better than any of the retcon versions!
>
> You forgot to mention no CGI Pizza The Hut!

You mean trotsky wasn't in it? Oh noes!!

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 2:33:25 PM5/5/17
In article <oei17a$sca$1...@dont-email.me>, art...@alum.calberkeley.org wrote:

>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (theatrical) - The Guardians return to
>save the galaxy one more time. This was a bit more all over the place
>with various adventures going on but the main through line is Peter
>finds his father, Ego the living planet

There's a fat-ass joke to be made here, but I am drawing a blank.

Ubiquitous

May 5, 2017, 2:39:39 PM5/5/17
anim...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> anim...@cox.net wrote:

>>>I watched
>>>
>>>STAR WARS
>>>
>>>No ep 2
>>>
>>>No A New Hope
>>>
>>>No Greedo shot first
>>>
>>>No Rontos
>>>
>>>No Praxis Waves/BSRs*
>>>
>>>*Big Stupid Rings
>>>
>>>*So* much better than any of the retcon versions!
>>
>> You forgot to mention no CGI Pizza The Hut!
>
>gah

If memory serves, he either replaced the Irish-sounding guy Han meet
or was seen slithering around in the background around the time a
couple horses in the background started bucking wildly.

Whicheither it was, it was stupid and blatent fanservice.

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 4:52:21 PM5/5/17
In article <oeifni$vf0$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> Why did the murderer film his deed and save it and carry it around with
> >> him?
> >
> >No, the victim did that
>
> Argh, this is like the stupid ep of Sheena in which the smugglers caught some
> people vidtaping them and buried them in a boxcar without confiscating their
> camera!

heh

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 5:27:39 PM5/5/17
In article <oeign5$vf0$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> anim...@cox.net wrote:
> > Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> >> You forgot to mention no CGI Pizza The Hut!
> >
> >gah
>
> If memory serves, he either replaced the Irish-sounding guy Han meet
> or was seen slithering around in the background around the time a
> couple horses in the background started bucking wildly.
>
> Whicheither it was, it was stupid and blatent fanservice.

yeah, they claimed the scene with Jabba (which isn't in the real movie
at all) was always intended to be replaced with an animated Jabba, but
it's an obvious lie. The Jabba actor is a human in a human costume -
you don't do that if you intend to replace him. And the shot isn't
framed right for Jabba, which is why the Jabba in A New Hope is like
half the size he should be.

BTR1701

May 5, 2017, 6:26:39 PM5/5/17
In article <anim8rfsk-E4257...@news.easynews.com>,
Hutts are like Odo on DS9 - they can expand and contract at will.

anim8rfsk

May 5, 2017, 6:35:19 PM5/5/17
In article <atropos-236DFF...@news.giganews.com>,
heh

Arthur Lipscomb

May 5, 2017, 11:42:10 PM5/5/17
You didn't know?!?! I thought it was common knowledge. I would mention
another addition to the cast but if you didn't know Russell was in it
you definitely will be surprised by who else turns up...

Although Ego should be the ultimate Stan Lee
> cameo.

There are a *lot* of cameos in this one. I think there's 5 stingers at
the end too. And let's not even get into the spin off they set up...

RichA

May 6, 2017, 12:19:26 AM5/6/17
"Blue Bloods" anti-climactic season finale and one of the greatest horror movies ever made ("Scarecrows" 1988) on "Comet TV."

anim8rfsk

May 6, 2017, 1:02:17 AM5/6/17
In article <oejgga$b33$1...@dont-email.me>,
I only watched the first GUARDIANS a month or two ago, and didn't know a
thing about the new one beyond that it came out. :)

Ian J. Ball

May 6, 2017, 12:43:45 PM5/6/17
On 2017-05-05 14:15:07 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> On 5/5/2017 6:11 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2017-05-05 11:55:53 +0000, Obveeus said:
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>
>> Not much:
>>
>> Prison Break (recorded) - "Contingency". Everyone tries to get out of
>> Sa'ana,
>
> That sounds familiar. Wasn't that the name of the prison from the
> first or second season?
>
> > which is esp. difficult for Michael and co. who have to get
>> across town with everyone hunting for them as there's a bounty on their
>> heads - added complication? Michael insists upon trying to escape via
>> the train station rather than the airport where C-Note and Inbar Lavi
>> are. In the end, on C-Note, Lavi and the people with them get out, but
>> not Michael and co.
>> Meanwhile, T-Bag shows Sara the truth about her husband, but by the
>> end she is seemingly re-duped by him... Or *is* she?!
>> This episode was just OK. (And, by this point, I have to laugh that
>> Amaury Nolasco is main cast-credited when he's only been in one scene in
>> the very first episode and has been completely absent since then!)
>
> Wait, so they are still hanging around with the *same* people from the
> first season and trying to break out of yet another prison.

It's more complicated - only Michael was in the prison, and trying to
break out. Lincoln and C-Note were on the outside trying to assist in
getting Michael out. Meanwhile, T-Bag is back with Sara in the U.S.
And, like I said, Sucre has only shown up in the season premiere so
far...

BTR1701

May 6, 2017, 1:17:56 PM5/6/17
On 2017-05-05 14:15:07 +0000, Arthur Lipscomb said:

> >> Not much:
> >>
> >> Prison Break (recorded) - "Contingency". Everyone tries to get out of
> >> Sa'ana,
> >
> > That sounds familiar. Wasn't that the name of the prison from the
> > first or second season?

No, that was Fox River Prison.

David Barnett

May 6, 2017, 5:32:05 PM5/6/17
In article <UBI20...@dont-email.me>, web...@polaris.net
says...

> What did you watch?

On Thu May 4 I watched:

THE FLASH: I Know Who You Are
Discussed elsewhere extensively lots of stupids.

HAWAII FIVE-0: Waimaka 'ele'ele (Black Tears)
Pearl Harbor ep.

BLINDSPOT: Regard a Mere Mad Rager
I liked this one, tho I think i had a big stupid.

NCIS: Keep Going
It was like "watching paint dry".
I did not feel like I wanted to "keep going" to watch it.

--
David Barnett