Obama's Big Birthday Party

BTR1701

Aug 3, 2021, 12:45:11 PM8/3/21
It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.

----------------------
Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/

trotsky

Aug 3, 2021, 1:33:52 PM8/3/21
Let's see what happens when we compare this to a news source that isn't
horseshit:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/politics/obama-birthday-bash-marthas-vineyard/index.html

Former President Barack Obama will celebrate his 60th birthday this
weekend with a party in Martha’s Vineyard, with many Covid-19 safety
protocols in place amid heightened concerns over the Delta variant, a
source familiar with the planning told CNN.

The event this weekend, which will be held outside, will follow all US
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention public health protocols, the
source said. There will be testing for guests and a Covid safety
coordinator on site.

Martha’s Vineyard, in Dukes County, is currently designated by the CDC
as an area of “moderate” Covid-19 community spread.

Wow, testing on site. At a party. I've never even heard of that
before. Meanwhile we all know what happened at Joe Manchin's Covid party!

Ubiquitous

Aug 3, 2021, 1:35:57 PM8/3/21
I am so hoping this narcist asshole's event becomes a "superspreader" one of Biblical
proportions.

--
"Øbama is a damned narcissistic idiot who has just made the world a
much more dangerous place. Your children will curse his name."

moviePig

Aug 3, 2021, 2:29:14 PM8/3/21
Unpopular opinion: Is Obama missing a chance here to make some sort of
strong statement to the vaccine-hesitant black community? I can't help
but wonder, e.g., what ex-President Carter might do...

Ed Stasiak

Aug 3, 2021, 5:12:15 PM8/3/21
> trotsky
> > BTR1701
> >
> > It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.
>
> The event this weekend, which will be held outside, will follow all US
> Centers for Disease Control and Prevention public health protocols,
> the source said. There will be testing for guests and a Covid safety
> coordinator on site.

So millionaires who have millionaire friends can have blow out parties
because they can afford all the covid “protocols” but the rest of us
peasants are to sit at home wearing our face diapers…

moviePig

Aug 3, 2021, 5:22:42 PM8/3/21
Yes, just as they can afford to do lots of other expensive stuff we
peasants can't. Welcome to capitalism.

BTR1701

Aug 3, 2021, 6:32:54 PM8/3/21
The difference is that all those other limitations that separate rich from
poor aren't imposed by the government.

moviePig

Aug 3, 2021, 7:01:54 PM8/3/21
I bet we can both think of instances where they are. Meanwhile. *any*
limitation that can be ameliorated by cash -- and that's most of them,
afaics -- separates rich from poor...

RichA

Aug 3, 2021, 9:06:10 PM8/3/21
Saw that last night. When one BBC reporter brought it up with one of this minions, they basically acknowledged nothing. Trudeau is calling an election knowing full-well how that
"brings people together" yet somehow, the danger from Covid mysteriously goes on the back-burner because the libs are in a hurry to strike while they are in a good position.
"Hypocrisy, thy name is LIBERAL"

trotsky

Aug 4, 2021, 8:27:28 AM8/4/21
Isn't it funny how "Ed" being sardonic sounds exactly like Derp being
sardonic?

trotsky

Aug 4, 2021, 8:28:40 AM8/4/21
What the fuck does that mean?

Ubiquitous

Aug 4, 2021, 8:50:05 AM8/4/21
Piers Morgan blasted former President Barack Obama on Monday for planning to
host a 60th birthday bash for himself on Martha’s Vineyard for roughly 500
people, calling it “shamefully selfish” and “incredibly reckless.”

Morgan started by asking how Obama’s party would be treated if it were being
hosted by former President Donald Trump, writing:

The biggest test in these hyper partisan days is to switch names on
any breaking news story involving a politician and see if the same
criticism still applies. So, imagine for a moment that Donald Trump
was throwing a massive birthday party for himself and 475
conservative friends in Martha’s Vineyard next weekend? What do you
think the reaction would be from liberals, given that America is
currently in the grip of a very dangerous new phase of the
coronavirus pandemic with the Delta variant of COVID that has seen
infections rise 148% in the past two weeks and hospitalizations by
73%?

“I think we all know what Trump’s liberal critics would say: that it’s
shamefully selfish, incredibly reckless, and a former President of the United
States should be setting a better example to the American people at such a
perilous time for the country,” Morgan posited, adding, “And they would be
right. But it’s not President Trump who is having the party, it’s President
Barack Obama.”

After detailing the specifics of the party and the concerns of U.S. health
chiefs about the Delta variant and his own experience in getting the virus
after he had been vaccinated, commenting that his recovery showed that the
“vaccines work astoundingly well in preventing serious illness. I thank God
that I got jabbed,” he pointed out, “What the sequence of events also showed
me is that no mass gathering is ‘COVID-safe.’”

“Frankly, the optics of this event couldn’t be worse for someone like Obama
who’s always prided himself on take public health very seriously and leading
by example,” Morgan noted. “In May, he posted a video of himself visiting a
COVID vaccination center in Greenbelt, MD, and congratulating those there on
‘being good citizens.’ But there’s nothing ‘good citizen’ about hosting a
weekend of self-congratulatory birthday celebrations for 700 people in the
middle of a deadly new COVID surge.”

“And it couldn’t come at a worse time,” Morgan wrote. “Yet at the precise
moment America’s most high-profile leaders should be setting a good example,
Barack Obama is doing the complete opposite.”

“Axios reported he’s asked guests that in lieu of gifts they ‘consider giving
to programs that work to support boys and young men of color, and their
families here at home in the United States, empower adolescent girls around
the world and equip the next generation of emerging community leaders,”
Morgan reported, snapping, “A fine virtue-signaling gesture, doubtless
designed to deflect criticism and make the liberal celebrity guests feel
better about their complicity in this ill-advised event.”

Morgan concluded, “But if Obama really wants to support his fellow Americans,
of any color, then he should be a good citizen and call off his party. If he
doesn’t, he will encourage many skeptical unvaccinated Americans to continue
refusing to have the shot at the precise moment when it’s desperately
important they have it. Put bluntly: he will cost lives. Cancel your party,
Mr. President.”

--
Trump won.

anim8rfsk

Aug 4, 2021, 1:54:37 PM8/4/21
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
> Piers Morgan blasted former President Barack Obama

Man, here’s one that it’s tough taking sides on.

Rhino

Aug 4, 2021, 2:23:35 PM8/4/21
Apparently, the strongly negative reaction to Obama's bash has resulted
in it being dialed back:

https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/matt-margolis/2021/08/04/lol-obama-scales-back-superspreader-birthday-bash-after-criticism-n1466878

Or has it? It seems to me that with "progressives" love of linguistic
games - "speech is violence" for example - this sentence is a prime
opportunity to do the same:

“Due to the new spread of the Delta variant over the past week, the
President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the
event to include only family and close friends,” Hannah Hankins, a
spokeswoman for Obama said in a statement Wednesday morning.

Anyone want to bet that the party will go ahead unchanged and, if anyone
notices and asks about it, the host will simply insist that all these
people are close friends?

--
Rhino

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 4, 2021, 2:28:44 PM8/4/21
Rhino <no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

>Apparently, the strongly negative reaction to Obama's bash has resulted
>in it being dialed back:

>https://pjmedia.com/uncategorized/matt-margolis/2021/08/04/lol-obama-scales-back-superspreader-birthday-bash-after-criticism-n1466878

>Or has it? It seems to me that with "progressives" love of linguistic
>games - "speech is violence" for example - this sentence is a prime
>opportunity to do the same:

>"Due to the new spread of the Delta variant over the past week, the
>President and Mrs. Obama have decided to significantly scale back the
>event to include only family and close friends," Hannah Hankins, a
>spokeswoman for Obama said in a statement Wednesday morning.

I'm going to object to your link of "progressives" to "love of
linguistic games" which knows no political ideology.

You can't provide a counter-argument to "pro life", so I don't want to
hear that it's just those whose political beliefs you disagree with who
are solely responsible for the moviePigging of English.

Rhino

Aug 4, 2021, 2:45:06 PM8/4/21
Cite some examples of conservatives playing the same sorts of linguistic
games and you might win me over to your point of view....

--
Rhino

suzeeq

Aug 4, 2021, 2:57:05 PM8/4/21
How about many of the GOP calling the Jan 6 incursion a peaceful
demonstration, or just another tour of the Capitol Building?

number6

Aug 4, 2021, 3:12:29 PM8/4/21
I just wished he'd have said damn the optics ... Things are basically under control and
we all have to get back to life as usual ...

BTR1701

Aug 4, 2021, 3:43:33 PM8/4/21
They were just using the new 'progressive'-endorsed definition of 'peaceful
demonstration' that we learned during the Summer of Love.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru9qzja78gzpvjd/PflDemo.jpg?dl=0

moviePig

Aug 4, 2021, 3:51:59 PM8/4/21
In view of blacks' vaccine-hesitancy, his might be a better look.

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 4, 2021, 4:42:09 PM8/4/21
I just did! "Pro life" is the single must successful use of double speak
anyone has ever come up with, given that those who would attempt to
prevent women from having abortions do not provide assistance with child
care once the baby is actually born. They are not "pro life" in any way,
with the exception of the period during the pregnancy.

shawn

Aug 4, 2021, 5:02:01 PM8/4/21
Perhaps "pro birth" would be a more accurate term since that's all
that they seem to be concerned with?

suzeeq

Aug 4, 2021, 5:50:35 PM8/4/21
Do you think that phrase would rally the troops enough?

shawn

Aug 4, 2021, 11:17:50 PM8/4/21
Of course not but then being factual was never the point.

trotsky

Aug 5, 2021, 3:52:02 AM8/5/21
How do we verify that that's an actual photo so as to avoid having to
call you a filthy motherfucking liar?

trotsky

Aug 5, 2021, 3:54:28 AM8/5/21
A better look than doing Covid testing on the spot? It sounds like
you're trying to embrace the right wing narrative.

Ubiquitous

Aug 5, 2021, 8:06:37 AM8/5/21
no_offlin...@example.com wrote:

>Anyone want to bet that the party will go ahead unchanged and, if anyone
>notices and asks about it, the host will simply insist that all these
>people are close friends?

That's a rhetorical question, right?

--
Trump won.

moviePig

Aug 5, 2021, 9:45:28 AM8/5/21
As far as looks are concerned, complete on-the-spot testing would be
neither believed nor even particularly credible.

Meanwhile, I don't see an exciting "right-wing narrative here". Obama
planned a 700-invitee party anticipating a safe environment ...which
didn't materialize, so he canceled 690 invitations. What's the big deal?

trotsky

Aug 5, 2021, 1:03:25 PM8/5/21
The big deal is the left wing are the only responsible parties with
respect to Covid. To think that Obama would throw a party that is in
any way reckless is patently absurd.

trotsky

Aug 6, 2021, 11:30:41 AM8/6/21

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 9, 2021, 11:51:09 PM8/9/21
BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.

>----------------------
>Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.

>https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/

Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
largest donors.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2021/8/8/22616150/obama-throws-birthday-bash-at-marthas-vineyard-mansion-that-was-big-even-after-being-scaled-back

You ruined his life!

anim8rfsk

Aug 9, 2021, 11:53:06 PM8/9/21
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
Damn well time somebody did.

RichA

Aug 10, 2021, 12:07:46 AM8/10/21
Just imagine how those poor 500 felt being second-banana'd like that!!!

BTR1701

Aug 10, 2021, 2:12:30 AM8/10/21
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.
>
>> ----------------------
>> Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.
>
>> https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/
>
> Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
> largest donors.

Officially it was scaled back but word is that everyone who was originally
invited showed up.

Including John "Mr. Climate Change" Kerry, who flew in on his private jet.
I'm sure he has a ready-made excuse as to why it's okay for him to have a
carbon footprint the size of a kaiju so that he can attend absolutely
essential events like birthday parties for political cronies.

I mean, honestly, even if you're dyed-in-the-wool blue, you gotta admit to
the massive double standard here. If a Republican politician threw a
700-person gala right in the middle of new lockdowns and mask mandates
being imposed, it would be the screaming headline on every cable news
channel for days leading up to it and they'd have panels of 'experts' lined
up to tell us all how utterly reckless and irresponsible this is and Don
Lemon would look into the camera and tear up as he condemned all involved
for killing their fellow Americans.

But it's not a Republican; it's the Lightbringer's birthday party, so the
media is "Meh."

trotsky

Aug 10, 2021, 8:12:46 AM8/10/21
On 8/10/21 1:12 AM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.
>>
>>> ----------------------
>>> Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.
>>
>>> https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/
>>
>> Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
>> largest donors.
>
> Officially it was scaled back but word is that everyone who was originally
> invited showed up.
>
> Including John "Mr. Climate Change" Kerry, who flew in on his private jet.

How many hours per year is that jet in the air? And isn't it just a
matter of weighing how important the person is and where he or she has
to be? You're lack of logic and intelligence here is getting way to
commonplace. You are Rich both seem to be losing IQ points.

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 10, 2021, 9:26:06 AM8/10/21
BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>>BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>>It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.

>>>----------------------
>>>Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.

>>>https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/

>>Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
>>largest donors.

>Officially it was scaled back but word is that everyone who was originally
>invited showed up.

>Including John "Mr. Climate Change" Kerry, who flew in on his private jet.
>I'm sure he has a ready-made excuse as to why it's okay for him to have a
>carbon footprint the size of a kaiju so that he can attend absolutely
>essential events like birthday parties for political cronies.

There was a news story the other day of some country's climate envoy
having flown privately to 36 other countries before flying to some
international conference. I forgot to look for it but you would have
been amused.

>I mean, honestly, even if you're dyed-in-the-wool blue, you gotta admit to
>the massive double standard here.

I'm not disagreeing with you. In fact, without the pandemic, this would
have been worth making fun of, starting with the fact that you don't
throw birthday parties for yourself or any other adult generally.

>If a Republican politician threw a
>700-person gala right in the middle of new lockdowns and mask mandates
>being imposed, it would be the screaming headline on every cable news
>channel for days leading up to it and they'd have panels of 'experts' lined
>up to tell us all how utterly reckless and irresponsible this is and Don
>Lemon would look into the camera and tear up as he condemned all involved
>for killing their fellow Americans.

>But it's not a Republican; it's the Lightbringer's birthday party, so the
>media is "Meh."

The story I provided the link to, written by Chicago's most prominent
and only remaining Washington-based political reporter for the
Democratic newspaper, was in no way positive.

Ubiquitous

Aug 10, 2021, 10:12:24 AM8/10/21
a...@chinet.com wrote:
> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.
>>
>>----------------------
>>Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.
>>
>>https://nypost.com/2021/08/02/obama-holding-huge-60th-birthday-bash-despite-covid-warnings/
>
>Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
>largest donors.

Reread the article. It was reduced BY 200 people from the original 700.

>https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/2021/8/8/22616150/obama-throws-birthday-bash-at-marthas-vineyard-mansion-that-was-big-even-after-being-scaled-back

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

--
Trump won.

Ubiquitous

Aug 10, 2021, 10:14:12 AM8/10/21
no_e...@invalid.invalid wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.
>>
>>> ----------------------
>>> Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.
>>
>> Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
>> largest donors.
>
>Officially it was scaled back but word is that everyone who was originally
>invited showed up.
>
>Including John "Mr. Climate Change" Kerry, who flew in on his private jet.
>I'm sure he has a ready-made excuse as to why it's okay for him to have a
>carbon footprint the size of a kaiju so that he can attend absolutely
>essential events like birthday parties for political cronies.
>
>I mean, honestly, even if you're dyed-in-the-wool blue, you gotta admit to
>the massive double standard here. If a Republican politician threw a
>700-person gala right in the middle of new lockdowns and mask mandates
>being imposed, it would be the screaming headline on every cable news
>channel for days leading up to it and they'd have panels of 'experts' lined
>up to tell us all how utterly reckless and irresponsible this is and Don
>Lemon would look into the camera and tear up as he condemned all involved
>for killing their fellow Americans.
>
>But it's not a Republican; it's the Lightbringer's birthday party, so the
>media is "Meh."

#WhatLiberalMedia

Ubiquitous

Aug 10, 2021, 2:17:21 PM8/10/21
no_e...@invalid.invalid wrote:
> Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>>> It turns out that we were not, actually, all in this together.
>>> Obama expecting 700 to attend his 60th birthday party despite Wuhan Flu.
>>
>> Thanks to criticism, it's down to 200 guests. Way to offend 500 of his
>> largest donors.
>
>Officially it was scaled back but word is that everyone who was originally
>invited showed up.
>
>Including John "Mr. Climate Change" Kerry, who flew in on his private jet.
>I'm sure he has a ready-made excuse as to why it's okay for him to have a
>carbon footprint the size of a kaiju so that he can attend absolutely
>essential events like birthday parties for political cronies.
>
>I mean, honestly, even if you're dyed-in-the-wool blue, you gotta admit to
>the massive double standard here. If a Republican politician threw a
>700-person gala right in the middle of new lockdowns and mask mandates
>being imposed, it would be the screaming headline on every cable news
>channel for days leading up to it and they'd have panels of 'experts' lined
>up to tell us all how utterly reckless and irresponsible this is and Don
>Lemon would look into the camera and tear up as he condemned all involved
>for killing their fellow Americans.
>
>But it's not a Republican; it's the Lightbringer's birthday party, so the
>media is "Meh."

Photos and video were leaked from former President Barack Obama’s 60th
birthday party over the weekend, despite a photography ban that was
implemented for those who were invited.

“Celebrities, politicians and a couple hundred other ‘close friends and
family members’ packed in to celebrate former President Barack Obama’s 60th
birthday Saturday in what was billed as a ‘scaled-back’ bash amid rising
concerns about the fast-spreading Delta variant of COVID-19,” the New York
Post reported. “Yet A-listers streamed into Martha’s Vineyard for the swanky
soiree at Obama’s $12 million seaside mansion, and few were spotted wearing
masks.”

Rapper Trap Beckham and manager TJ Chapman allegedly snapped and posted
images from the birthday bash and were later forced to delete. Singer
Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson, known professionally as H.E.R., appears to have
done the same.

WATCH:

Via https://t.co/QG9S7POklr, Obama and guests dancing maskless in the
poorly ventilated tent. pic.twitter.com/LZG6wCs4T4
— Greg Pollowitz (@GPollowitz) August 8, 2021

DJ posts stealth pics of Obama's 'epic' birthday party — before being
forced to delete them https://t.co/9fGUVeXaM0 pic.twitter.com/aRO5KOzi9K
— New York Post (@nypost) August 8, 2021

“Obama’s birthday celebrations continued for a third day on Sunday, with the
former president enjoying brunch at a seafront restaurant in Martha’s
Vineyard,” the Daily Mail reported. “On Saturday night he was caught on video
dancing maskless, having the time of his life. In a video posted to Instagram
by 50-year-old American singer-songwriter, Erykah Badu, Obama could be seen
holding a microphone and strutting his stuff in the middle of the raised
dance floor.”

EXCLUSIVE: The party continues! Barack Obama's 60th celebrations roll
into their third day with a birthday brunch with Oprah in Martha's
Vineyard https://t.co/MYaO7oxQWD

— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) August 8, 2021

A separate report from the Daily Mail stated that hundreds of people attended
the event, which comes after reports said that it was supposed to be
“significantly scaled back” from nearly 500 guests and roughly 200 event
staff.

“Despite the New York Times reporting that Oprah Winfrey had withdrawn from
the party early amid concerns about Covid 19’s Delta variant the television
host was reportedly at a pre party event at the island’s swanky resort on the
bluffs on the edge of town,” the report added. “Michelle and Barrack were
reportedly present enjoying time with guests including Tom Hanks, George
Clooney and Winfrey’s long-time partner Steadman Graham and friend Gayle King
all of whom are on the island for tonight’s bash.”

A spokesperson for Obama claimed in a statement that the event followed
public health guidelines issued by the CDC and guests were reportedly
required to submit a negative coronavirus test result if they were not
vaccinated.

“This outdoor event was planned months ago in accordance with all public
health guidelines and with COVID safeguards in place. Due to the new spread
of the delta variant over the past week, the President and Mrs. Obama have
decided to significantly scale back the event to include only family and
close friends,” the statement said. “President Obama is appreciative of
others sending their birthday wishes from afar and looks forward to seeing
people soon.”

[Kerman's incorrect formatting corrected.]

--
Trump won.

ZZyXX

Aug 10, 2021, 9:59:54 PM8/10/21
it must be better than being third-banana like you

Micky DuPree

Aug 16, 2021, 12:53:43 AM8/16/21
Excellent choice. Simply calling lies "alternative facts" ranks up
there, or is just rank.

-Micky

Micky DuPree

Aug 16, 2021, 12:56:55 AM8/16/21
They suddenly become pro-choice in the fourth trimester.

-Micky