TV news for June 17-24

anim8rfsk

Jun 24, 2022, 4:46:00 PM6/24/22
TV news for June 17-24

ABC News

‘The Rookie: Feds’: James Lesure Joins Cast Of ABC Spinoff Series (June
23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/the-rookie-feds-james-lesure-cast-abc-spinoff-series-1235050534/

‘The Rookie: Feds’: Kevin Zegers Joins Cast Of ABC Spinoff Series (June 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/the-rookie-feds-kevin-zegers-cast-abc-spinoff-series-1235045296/

CBS News

CBS Sets Fall Premiere Dates For ‘Ghosts’, ‘The Real Love Boat’, ‘NCIS’ &
More (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/cbs-fall-premiere-dates-2022-23-ncis-swat-ghosts-1235050703/

CW News

Archie Comics Drama ‘Jake Chang’ In Works At CW From Oanh Ly, Viet Nguyen &
Daniel Dae Kim’s 3AD (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/archie-comics-drama-jake-chang-the-cw-oanh-ly-viet-nguyen-daniel-dae-kim-3ad-1235051051/

Cable channel news

Paula Malcomson Joins Giancarlo Esposito In AMC’s ‘The Driver’ (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/paula-malcomson-giancarlo-esposito-the-driver-amc-remake-british-drama-series-1235050994/

Shoshannah Stern To Star In & Write Deaf Thriller Series ‘Disquiet’ In The
Works For AMC From Jessica Rhoades & Alexandra Cunningham (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/shoshannah-stern-deaf-thriller-series-disquiet-amc-1235050945/

Mandy Patinkin & Kathryn Grody To Star In ‘Seasoned’ Showtime Comedy Pilot
(June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/mandy-patinkin-kathryn-grody-star-seasoned-comedy-pilot-ordered-by-showtime-1235050846/

‘House Of The Dragon’: HBO Unveils Key Art For ‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel
(June 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/house-of-the-dragon-hbo-unveils-key-art-for-game-of-thrones-prequel-1235050015/

‘Dark Winds’ Renewed For Season 2 At AMC & AMC+ (June 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/dark-winds-renewed-for-season-2-amc-1235049374/

‘Snowpiercer’ To End With Season 4 On TNT (June 17)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/snowpiercer-canceled-end-season-4-tnt-1235047908/

Streaming service news

‘The Chosen One’: Initial Investigation Points To Speeding As Cause Of
Deadly Crash ­ Report (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/the-chosen-one-initial-investigation-speeding-cause-deadly-crash-report-1235050995/

‘Fatal Attraction’: Alyssa Jirrels, Toby Huss, Reno Wilson & Brian Goodman
Join Paramount+ Series (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/fatal-attraction-alyssa-jirrels-toby-huss-reno-wilson-brian-goodman-cast-paramount-series-1235050674/

‘Outer Banks’: Andy McQueen, Fiona Palomo & Lou Ferrigno Jr Board Season 3
(June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/outer-banks-andy-mcqueen-fiona-palomo-lou-ferrigno-jr-season-3-1235050711/

‘SEAL Team’: Raffi Barsoumian Cast As New Series Regular On Paramount+
Series (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/seal-team-raffi-barsoumian-series-regular-paramount-plus-series-1235049721/

Apple TV+ Orders ‘The Buccaneers’-Inspired Drama Series; Kristine Froseth,
Alisha Boe, Josie Totah Among Lead Cast (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/apple-tv-orders-the-buccaneers-inspired-drama-series-kristine-froseth-alisha-boe-josie-totah-among-lead-cast-1235050754/

Paul Giamatti Joins Season 2 Cast Of HBO Max’s ‘30 Coins’ (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/paul-giamatti-30-coins-season-2-cast-1235050749/

‘Spiderhead’ Actor Sam Delich Joins Jesse Spencer-Starring Disney+
Australia Drama ‘Last Days Of The Space Age’ (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/spiderhead-actor-sam-delich-joins-jesse-spencer-disney-plus-australia-drama-last-days-of-the-space-age-1235042743/

‘The White Lotus’ Actor Leo Woodall & ‘This Is Going To Hurt’ Breakout
Ambika Mod To Lead Netflix Drama ‘One Day’ (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/netflix-drama-one-day-casts-the-white-lotus-actor-leo-woodall-this-is-going-to-hurt-breakout-ambika-mod-as-leads-1235050578/

Moses Ingram Joins Apple Limited Series ‘Lady In The Lake’ Alongside
Natalie Portman, Replacing Lupita Nyong’o (June 23)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/moses-ingram-apple-series-lady-in-the-lake-replacing-lupita-nyongo-1235051097/

‘The Chosen One’ Accident Survivor Remembers Longtime Friends Who Perished,
Addresses Tragic Van Ride & Work Conditions On Netflix Series (June 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/the-chosen-one-accident-survivor-netflix-yeray-albelda-1235049504/

‘Poker Face’: Ellen Barkin To Star In Rian Johnson’s Peacock Series (June
22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/poker-face-ellen-barkin-rian-johnsons-peacock-series-1235050272/

‘Five Days At Memorial’ Teaser Trailer: Vera Farmiga Stars In Apple’s
Hurricane Katrina Drama (June 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/five-days-at-memorial-teaser-trailer-vera-farmiga-apple-hurricane-katrina-drama-1235050127/

‘Killing It’ Renewed For Second Season By Peacock (June 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/killing-it-renewed-second-season-peacock-1235049797/

Peter Capaldi & Cush Jumbo To Star In London Thriller Series ‘Criminal
Record’ At Apple TV+ (June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/peter-capaldi-cush-jumbo-star-london-thriller-series-criminal-record-apple-tv-plus-1235048546/

‘Workin’ Moms’ To End With Season 7 On CBC, Netflix (June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/workin-moms-end-season-7-cbc-netflix-1235048813/

‘Tulsa King’: Dana Delany Joins Taylor Sheridan Series That Stars Sylvester
Stallone (Paramount+) (June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/tulsa-king-dana-delany-joins-taylor-sheridan-series-sylvester-stallone-1235048731/

Netflix & ‘The Chosen One’ Production Company Address Deadly Crash In
Mexico, Call It “Unfortunate Accident (June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/netflix-the-chosen-one-redrum-accident-statement-1235048722/

‘Wolf Pack’: Armani Jackson, Bella Shepard, Chloe Rose Robertson & Tyler
Lawrence Gray To Star In Paramount+ Series (June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/wolf-pack-armani-jackson-bella-shepard-chloe-rose-robertson-tyler-lawrence-gray-paramount-plus-series-1235048567/

‘Yellowstone’ Origin Story Starring Harrison Ford & Helen Mirren Gets New
Title (Paramount+) (June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/yellowstone-origin-story-1923-harrison-ford-helen-mirren-1235048676/

Production Suspended On Netflix Series ‘The Chosen One’ After Two Actors
Die, Six Injured In Auto Accident Involving Cast & Crew (June 18)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/two-actors-dead-six-injured-auto-accident-involving-crew-from-netflixs-the-chosen-one-production-suspended-1235048203/

Ratings

NBA Draft Scores In Ratings For ABC On Thursday; ‘MasterChef Junior’ Cooks
Up More Eyeballs (June 24)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/primetime-ratings-thursday-nba-draft-masterchef-junior-1235051546/

CBS Most Watched Network Sunday With ‘60 Minutes’, The Equalizer’ Repeats
(June 20)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/sunday-primetime-ratings-cbs-dominates-viewers-1235048662/

Friday Ratings: Vince McMahon Appearance On ‘WWE Friday Night SmackDown’ Is
A Winner (June 18)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/friday-ratings-vince-mcmahon-appearance-on-wwe-friday-night-smackdown-ratings-winner-1235048289/

Obituaries

James Rado Dies: ‘Hair’ Co-Creator & Star Of Broadway’s Groundbreaking Rock
Musical Was 90 (June 22)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/james-rado-dead-hair-broadway-musical-obituary-1235049883/

Maureen Arthur Dies: ‘How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying’
Actor Was 88 (June 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/maureen-arthur-dead-actress-how-to-succeed-in-business-without-really-trying-1235049070/

Mark Shields Dies: Longtime ‘PBS NewsHour’ Commentator Was 85 (June 18)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/mark-shields-dead-pbs-newshour-commentator-1235048213/

Tyler Sanders Dies at 18 (June 17)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/tyler-sanders-dead-just-like-magic-mystery-city-star-who-guested-on-9-1-1-lone-star-fear-the-walking-dead-1235047902/

Other News

‘American Housewife,’ ‘9-1-1’ & ‘The Rookie’ Sold In 95% Of U.S. For Fall
Syndication Debuts (June 21)

https://deadline.com/2022/06/american-housewife-9-1-1-the-rookie-sold-95-percent-us-fall-syndication-1235049541/

(end)

anim8rfsk

Jun 24, 2022, 4:59:40 PM6/24/22
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:
> TV news for June 17-24
>

> ABC News
>

> ‘The Rookie: Feds’: James Lesure Joins Cast Of ABC Spinoff Series (June
> 23)

I like James Lesure but seriously…

> ‘The Rookie: Feds’: Kevin Zegers Joins Cast Of ABC Spinoff Series (June 22)

Just make it stop!

> CBS News
>

> CBS Sets Fall Premiere Dates For ‘Ghosts’, ‘The Real Love Boat’, ‘NCIS’ &
> More (June 23)

And strangely enough, I don’t care

> CW News
>

> Archie Comics Drama ‘Jake Chang’ In Works At CW From Oanh Ly, Viet Nguyen &
> Daniel Dae Kim’s 3AD (June 23)

And I absolutely don’t care

> Cable channel news

> Streaming service news
>

> Apple TV+ Orders ‘The Buccaneers’-Inspired Drama Series; Kristine Froseth,
> Alisha Boe, Josie Totah Among Lead Cast (June 23)

I might watch this but Apple TV+ doesn’t work

> Moses Ingram Joins Apple Limited Series ‘Lady In The Lake’ Alongside
> Natalie Portman,

NO

> Ratings

> Obituaries

> Other News

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 24, 2022, 7:54:38 PM6/24/22
On 6/24/2022 1:45 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> TV news for June 17-24
>

> CW News
>

> Archie Comics Drama ‘Jake Chang’ In Works At CW From Oanh Ly, Viet Nguyen &
> Daniel Dae Kim’s 3AD (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/archie-comics-drama-jake-chang-the-cw-oanh-ly-viet-nguyen-daniel-dae-kim-3ad-1235051051/

Oh dear Ghu! Nancy Drew is the new Arrowverse!!

> ‘Snowpiercer’ To End With Season 4 On TNT (June 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/snowpiercer-canceled-end-season-4-tnt-1235047908/

:(

dirty old man.

Ian J. Ball

Jun 25, 2022, 12:12:16 AM6/25/22
On 2022-06-24 20:45:55 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> TV news for June 17-24
>

> ABC News
>

> ‘The Rookie: Feds’: James Lesure Joins Cast Of ABC Spinoff Series (June
> 23)

Yeah, I'm with Anim - there's absolutely nothing that can get me to
watch this series...

> Cable channel news
>

> Paula Malcomson Joins Giancarlo Esposito In AMC’s ‘The Driver’ (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/paula-malcomson-giancarlo-esposito-the-driver-amc-remake-british-drama-series-1235050994/

That may be the *opposite* of a selling point!!...

> ‘House Of The Dragon’: HBO Unveils Key Art For ‘Game Of Thrones’ Prequel
> (June 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/house-of-the-dragon-hbo-unveils-key-art-for-game-of-thrones-prequel-1235050015/

Still looking forward to this.

> ‘Dark Winds’ Renewed For Season 2 At AMC & AMC+ (June 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/dark-winds-renewed-for-season-2-amc-1235049374/

I'd like to take a look at this, but I'll probably never get to it...

> ‘Snowpiercer’ To End With Season 4 On TNT (June 17)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/snowpiercer-canceled-end-season-4-tnt-1235047908/

Deadline is dumb - "ended" ≠ "cancelled".

Anyway, this is actually disappointing - I was hoping it would run 5
seasons. I'm not sure they can wrap it up in 4 seasons.

I'd like to believe that TNT saw something that I didn't, but it's more
likely that TNT is just getting out of scripted TV entirely. It's just
too bad that HBO Max didn't pick up the show for a final fifth season.

But, of course, HBO is now also owned by bottom line-obsessed bean
counters who shouldn't be in charge of scripted television... :/

> Streaming service news
>

> ‘Fatal Attraction’: Alyssa Jirrels, Toby Huss, Reno Wilson & Brian Goodman
> Join Paramount+ Series (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/fatal-attraction-alyssa-jirrels-toby-huss-reno-wilson-brian-goodman-cast-paramount-series-1235050674/

I am highly skeptical about this series...

> ‘Outer Banks’: Andy McQueen, Fiona Palomo & Lou Ferrigno Jr Board Season 3
> (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/outer-banks-andy-mcqueen-fiona-palomo-lou-ferrigno-jr-season-3-1235050711/

And I can't believe that this show is still around. Personally, I
bailed after season #1.

> ‘SEAL Team’: Raffi Barsoumian Cast As New Series Regular On Paramount+
> Series (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/seal-team-raffi-barsoumian-series-regular-paramount-plus-series-1235049721/

More proof of Anim's theory that the Racist Eye is only casting Muslims
now (see: NCIS: LA).

> Apple TV+ Orders ‘The Buccaneers’-Inspired Drama Series; Kristine Froseth,
> Alisha Boe, Josie Totah Among Lead Cast (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/apple-tv-orders-the-buccaneers-inspired-drama-series-kristine-froseth-alisha-boe-josie-totah-among-lead-cast-1235050754/

Wow - they even have Imogene Waterhouse. But this is woke casting
garbage, so I'll be giving it a pass.

As long as they insist on woke casting bullshit on historical dramas, I
am giving them a pass...

> Moses Ingram Joins Apple Limited Series ‘Lady In The Lake’ Alongside
> Natalie Portman, Replacing Lupita Nyong’o (June 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/moses-ingram-apple-series-lady-in-the-lake-replacing-lupita-nyongo-1235051097/

Will she be sporting a light saber?...

> ‘Poker Face’: Ellen Barkin To Star In Rian Johnson’s Peacock Series (June
> 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/poker-face-ellen-barkin-rian-johnsons-peacock-series-1235050272/

A "friend of Amber's"... >:/

> Peter Capaldi & Cush Jumbo To Star In London Thriller Series ‘Criminal
> Record’ At Apple TV+ (June 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/peter-capaldi-cush-jumbo-star-london-thriller-series-criminal-record-apple-tv-plus-1235048546/

I just love the name "Cush Jumbo". ;)

> ‘Yellowstone’ Origin Story Starring Harrison Ford & Helen Mirren Gets New
> Title (Paramount+) (June 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2022/06/yellowstone-origin-story-1923-harrison-ford-helen-mirren-1235048676/

I love how they just changed the year by a decade!!

> (end)

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 25, 2022, 12:45:35 AM6/25/22
On 6/24/2022 9:12 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-06-24 20:45:55 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>
>> TV news for June 17-24
>> Moses Ingram Joins Apple Limited Series ‘Lady In The Lake’ Alongside
>> Natalie Portman, Replacing Lupita Nyong’o  (June 23)
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2022/06/moses-ingram-apple-series-lady-in-the-lake-replacing-lupita-nyongo-1235051097/
>>

> Will she be sporting a light saber?...

Are you saying that King Arthur was a Jedi? o_O

Ian J. Ball

Jun 25, 2022, 1:34:55 AM6/25/22
On 2022-06-25 04:45:34 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

> On 6/24/2022 9:12 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
>> On 2022-06-24 20:45:55 +0000, anim8rfsk said:
>>
>>> TV news for June 17-24
>>> Moses Ingram Joins Apple Limited Series ‘Lady In The Lake’ Alongside
>>> Natalie Portman, Replacing Lupita Nyong’o  (June 23)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2022/06/moses-ingram-apple-series-lady-in-the-lake-replacing-lupita-nyongo-1235051097/
>>>

>> Will she be sporting a light saber?...
>>
> Are you saying that King Arthur was a Jedi? o_O

I'm saying Moses I. is a *Sith*!!

Dimensional Traveler

Jun 25, 2022, 12:23:46 PM6/25/22
On 6/24/2022 10:34 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 2022-06-25 04:45:34 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

>>> Will she be sporting a light saber?...
>>>
>> Are you saying that King Arthur was a Jedi?  o_O
>
> I'm saying Moses I. is a *Sith*!!

After a search I'm guessing you are referring to some singer that I've
never heard of before now?

BTR1701

Jun 27, 2022, 1:27:44 PM6/27/22
In article
<1536012060.677796208.7...@news.easynews.com>,
anim8rfsk <anim...@cox.net> wrote:

> TV news for June 17-24

> SEAL TEAM: Raffi Barsoumian Cast as New Series Regular on Paramount+
> Series (June 23)

Does this mean one of the current regulars is out?

BTR1701

Jun 27, 2022, 1:29:51 PM6/27/22
In article <t961uq$uni$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ian J. Ball <IJB...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> On 2022-06-24 20:45:55 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> > YELLOWSTONE Origin Story Starring Harrison Ford & Helen Mirren Gets New
> > Title (Paramount+) (June 20)
> >
> > https://deadline.com/2022/06/yellowstone-origin-story-1923-harrison-ford-hel
> > en-mirren-1235048676/
> >
> I love how they just changed the year by a decade!!

Someone probably noticed the old name didn't quite match up time-wise
with the story they were telling.