Post What Magazines You Read, I Post Facts About You

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 12:44:41 PM2/7/03
You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

Craig

Feb 7, 2003, 1:54:16 PM2/7/03
I read Slashdot.org and Fark.com daily. Please don't think too hard
about this one.

--
Craig

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 3:51:19 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:54:16 -0500, Craig enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> I read Slashdot.org and Fark.com daily. Please don't think too hard
> about this one.

You like to debate which distribution of Linux is the coolest.
Although you make snide comments about Microsoft and Windows, you continue to
use it, but don't feel like a hypocrite. Comedies are your favorite type of
movie.

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> >
> > You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
> > you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
> >
> > --
> > Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

jbird

Feb 7, 2003, 4:24:13 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> > The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> > >
> > > You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
> > > you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

OK: I read Discover, consumer reports, Rolling stone, esquire.

PP PP
PP PP PP tt tt
PP PP PP tt tt
PP PP tttttt ttttttt
PP PP ii ttt ttt
PP ii ii it tt tt tt tt
PP iii iii ttt tt

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 4:58:56 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:24:13 -0500, jbird enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> OK: I read Discover, consumer reports, Rolling stone, esquire.

You think Esquire used to be a much better magazine but it's still worth
reading for the fiction. You care about the environment but don't really do
anything about it, although you do recycle.

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

Darktyger

Feb 7, 2003, 4:55:25 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:58:56 -0500, The Magnificent Bastard
<mag_b...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> OK: I read Discover, consumer reports, Rolling stone, esquire.

>You think Esquire used to be a much better magazine but it's still worth
>reading for the fiction. You care about the environment but don't really do
>anything about it, although you do recycle.

Heh. Amusing. I'll bite.

Computer Gaming Monthly, TVGuide, CCN.com, and scores of Everquest and
other gaming news sites as well as several web comics.
--
Dark Tyger
Kahir Rhom, Vah'shir BST of the 51st calling - Tunare

"There are no happy endings because nothing ever really ends"
-Schmendrik, The Last Unicorn

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 5:21:02 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 13:55:25 -0800, Darktyger enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> >> OK: I read Discover, consumer reports, Rolling stone, esquire.

> >You think Esquire used to be a much better magazine but it's still worth
> >reading for the fiction. You care about the environment but don't really do
> >anything about it, although you do recycle.
>
> Heh. Amusing. I'll bite.
>
> Computer Gaming Monthly, TVGuide, CCN.com, and scores of Everquest and
> other gaming news sites as well as several web comics.

You like cats better than dogs. You wear a lot of black t-shirts and you need
a haircut right now. You have been to either a Star Trek, gaming, or comic
book convention at least once. Potato chips are a favorite snack.

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 5:14:51 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
> you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.

Paper only or web-based also?

Darktyger

Feb 7, 2003, 5:20:38 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 17:21:02 -0500, The Magnificent Bastard
<mag_b...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >You've been thinking about cancelling the subscription to Consumer Reports.
>> >You think Esquire used to be a much better magazine but it's still worth
>> >reading for the fiction. You care about the environment but don't really do
>> >anything about it, although you do recycle.
>>
>> Heh. Amusing. I'll bite.
>>
>> Computer Gaming Monthly, TVGuide, CCN.com, and scores of Everquest and
>> other gaming news sites as well as several web comics.
>
>You like cats better than dogs. You wear a lot of black t-shirts and you need
>a haircut right now. You have been to either a Star Trek, gaming, or comic
>book convention at least once. Potato chips are a favorite snack.

I much prefer pistachios or wasabi peas, actually. ;-) And "need a
haircut" is very much relative.

Carver Lee

Feb 7, 2003, 5:19:13 PM2/7/03
Sports Illustrated
ESPN the Magazine
Golf Digest
Playboy
Maxim
Car & Driver

--
»Carver Lee (carv...@go.com)
»Official Homer of the Dallas Mavericks

"The Magnificent Bastard" <mag_b...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 5:39:25 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
>
> > You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
> > you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
>
> Paper only or web-based also?

Either, both, doesn't matter...

Russell B. Goode

Feb 7, 2003, 5:37:50 PM2/7/03
I hope The Magnificent Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com> gets stung by bees.

>On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
>nugget of wisdom:
>

>> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
>>
>> > You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
>> > you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
>>
>> Paper only or web-based also?
>
>Either, both, doesn't matter...

Paper:

Los Angeles Times
Atlantic Monthly
The New Republic
Harper's
Granta
Popular Communications
Magnet

Web:

Mark Prindle's Record Review Site http://markprindle.com
VW Vortex http://vwvortex.com
Slashdot: http://slashdot.org
Zodiackiller.com http://zodiackiller.com

jbird

Feb 7, 2003, 5:40:54 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 16:24:13 -0500, jbird enlightened the world with this
> nugget of wisdom:

> > OK: I read Discover, consumer reports, Rolling stone, esquire.

Here's the real truth:

> You've been thinking about cancelling the subscription to Consumer Reports.

Never. It's paid for itself many times over.

> You think Esquire used to be a much better magazine but it's still worth
> reading for the fiction.

True on the first. The fiction isn't the best part for me though.

You care about the environment but don't really do
> anything about it, although you do recycle.

THis is a very general comment and can fit probably the majority of the
population.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 5:52:07 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:19:13 -0600, Carver Lee enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> Sports Illustrated

> ESPN the Magazine
> Golf Digest
> Playboy
> Maxim
> Car & Driver

You are a conservative republitard. You own at least one gun. You think
animal rights activists should be beaten and then jailed. You eat fast food at
least once a week. You don't belong to a country club, but would like to. You
are always looking for a way to improve your golf game and will buy the latest,
greatest club but sooner or later you'll realize that the only way to improve
is to practice more.

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 5:49:41 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
> nugget of wisdom:
>

> > The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> >
> > > You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
> > > you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
> >
> > Paper only or web-based also?
>
> Either, both, doesn't matter...

Paper:
Atlantic Monthly
New Yorker (airport only)
Entertainment Weekly (airport only)
Technical Communication
intercom
Aperture
soma

Web:
washingtonpost.com
nytimes.com
fark.com

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 5:53:19 PM2/7/03

"Russell B. Goode" wrote:

> I hope The Magnificent Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com> gets stung by bees.
>
> >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
> >nugget of wisdom:

> >> Paper only or web-based also?
> >
> >Either, both, doesn't matter...
>
> Paper:
>
> Los Angeles Times
> Atlantic Monthly

PEE!

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 5:58:26 PM2/7/03

pinch wrote:

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
> > nugget of wisdom:

> > > Paper only or web-based also?
> >
> > Either, both, doesn't matter...
>
> Paper:
> Atlantic Monthly
> New Yorker (airport only)
> Entertainment Weekly (airport only)
> Technical Communication
> intercom
> Aperture
> soma

By the way, my favorite magazines keep folding: George, Oxford American, and Brill's
Content.

Cliff Spicer

Feb 7, 2003, 5:53:25 PM2/7/03
Photo District News (PDN)

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 6:11:18 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:37:50 -0800, Russell B. Goode enlightened the world with
this nugget of wisdom:

> I hope The Magnificent Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com> gets stung by bees.
>
> >On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
> >nugget of wisdom:

> >> Paper only or web-based also?
> >
> >Either, both, doesn't matter...
>
> Paper:
>
> Los Angeles Times
> Atlantic Monthly
> The New Republic
> Harper's
> Granta
> Popular Communications
> Magnet
>
> Web:
>
> Mark Prindle's Record Review Site http://markprindle.com
> VW Vortex http://vwvortex.com
> Slashdot: http://slashdot.org
> Zodiackiller.com http://zodiackiller.com

Impressive list, you are well read on a variety of subjects. You are
disdainful of those who like "popular" music (read: Top 40, classic rock) and
you tend to define a person's "coolness factor" by the type of music they
listen to. There are few, if any, television shows that you watch regularly.
Popular Communications and Slashdot betray a certain innate nerdiness that is
not readily obvious, except to those that know you well.

Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 7, 2003, 6:01:52 PM2/7/03
Discover, Science News, The Washington Post weekly digest,
National Geographic and the Audubon magazine. The last
two I wouldn't bother with if they weren't yearly gifts.

I don't watch birds -- I *eat* them.

--Tedward

"redick can't do shit without duhon telling where to go"

Russell B. Goode

Feb 7, 2003, 6:07:40 PM2/7/03
I hope pinch <pinchp...@yahoo.com> gets stung by bees.

>pinch wrote:
>
>> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
>>
>> > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
>> > nugget of wisdom:

>> > Either, both, doesn't matter...
>>
>> Paper:
>> Atlantic Monthly
>> New Yorker (airport only)
>> Entertainment Weekly (airport only)
>> Technical Communication
>> intercom
>> Aperture
>> soma
>
>By the way, my favorite magazines keep folding: George, Oxford American

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm holding a copy of their brand new Relaunch Issue in my hand. Actually,
it's in my motor car (Vogel) but it sounded cooler to say it was in my
hands.

Kingsmythe

Feb 7, 2003, 6:11:13 PM2/7/03
The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

Ok, sure...

Washington Post
Defenders of Wildlife
National Museum of the American Indian
Reader's Digest
Real Simple
Shape

Edward M. Kennedy

Feb 7, 2003, 6:15:22 PM2/7/03
Carver Lee wrote:

> Sports Illustrated
> ESPN the Magazine
> Golf Digest
> Playboy
> Maxim
> Car & Driver

You were a decent athelete in high school. You make good
money and have a favorite tailor. You don't have a steady
girlfriend and hate the color purple.

--Tedward

"redick just reads it for the articles"

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 6:26:10 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:58:26 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> pinch wrote:
>
> > The Magnificent Bastard wrote:
> >
> > > On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:14:51 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
> > > nugget of wisdom:

> > > Either, both, doesn't matter...
> >
> > Paper:
> > Atlantic Monthly
> > New Yorker (airport only)
> > Entertainment Weekly (airport only)
> > Technical Communication
> > intercom
> > Aperture
> > soma
>
> By the way, my favorite magazines keep folding: George, Oxford American, and Brill's
> Content.
>

> > Web:
> > washingtonpost.com
> > nytimes.com
> > fark.com

You are conservative by nature, but not overly so. You take things a little
too seriously but also have an irreverent sense of humor. Your work is very
important to you, but you wish you were more successful. You don't care much
about the latest fashion trends and a person's personality is much more
important to you than how they look.

Russell B. Goode

Feb 7, 2003, 6:19:06 PM2/7/03
I hope "Edward M. Kennedy" <T...@ccis1025.duhs.duke.edu> gets stung by bees.

Both of your successful brothers were murdered by crazed loners. Although
you too are successful, stress, the expectations of your family and the
public, and the deaths of your brothers eventually drove you to alcohol.
Some years back, you drove off of a bridge while drunk, and the passenger
in your car was killed. All is not lost, though: with the help of a
co-worker from Utah, you've finally quit drinking and are in the best shape
of your life.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 6:49:36 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:01:52 -0500, Edward M. Kennedy enlightened the world
with this nugget of wisdom:

> Discover, Science News, The Washington Post weekly digest,

You like sports, but have never been particularly good at any of them. You
like to think you're smarter than most people, but you aren't. You recently
had a rash and you were concerned about it, but it went away on it's own.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 6:56:27 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:11:13 -0500, Kingsmythe enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

You don't understand all the hype around American Idol, but you have watched it
before. Politics don't particularly interest you, but you always vote.
You are concerned about your appearance and may have some body issues that you
are trying to work through. You drive a foreign car and like to wear sandals
in the summer.

Lisa Horton

Feb 7, 2003, 6:52:59 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

> You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
> you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.

Popular Photography, American Photo, W, Outdoor Photographer, PSM,
Official Playstation Magazine, GameNow, Tips&Tricks, The National
Review, The Nation, San Fran Chronicle, San Mateo Times, NY Times,
Wired, Newsweek, Digital Imaging, GamePro, Architectural Review,
Architectural Digest, Design, Metropolis, Surface. Off the top of my
head...

And no fair saying "you have trouble keeping up with your reading" :)

Lisa

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 7:00:50 PM2/7/03

"Russell B. Goode" wrote:

RESUBSCRIBE!

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 7:05:53 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

This is your best schtick. Please let me know when you do the next one so that I will make
sure to read your post.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 7:00:30 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
>You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
>you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
>
> --
>Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

I subscribe to Playboy and People. (people was actually a gift, but I
read the trash just the same.)

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 7:15:45 PM2/7/03

Dandelion wrote:

Your *husband* subscribes to Playboy. What do YOU read? (Besides People and the
back of a shampoo bottle.)

Russell B. Goode

Feb 7, 2003, 7:05:46 PM2/7/03
I hope Dandelion <dafu...@starspanglebannerd.net> gets stung by bees.

>I subscribe to Playboy and People.

In your small Texas town, you are considered an intellectual.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 7:19:14 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
<pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>Dandelion wrote:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
>> Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
>> >You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
>> >you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
>> >
>> > --
>> >Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

>> I subscribe to Playboy and People. (people was actually a gift, but I
>> read the trash just the same.)
>
>Your *husband* subscribes to Playboy. What do YOU read? (Besides People and the
>back of a shampoo bottle.)

No, *I* subscribe to Playboy. He would probably subscribe to Hustler,
if he knew how to go about doing such things.

I read books. If you had a live journal, you'd know *which* books.
(currently I'm reading A Prayer for Owen Meany as recommend by some
chic named pinch.)

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 7:19:57 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats Russell B. Goode
<bigf...@databasix.com>
>I hope Dandelion <dafu...@starspanglebannerd.net> gets stung by bees.
>
>>I subscribe to Playboy and People.
>
>In your small Texas town, you are considered an intellectual.

And your small penis makes you consider yourself a man.

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 7:48:42 PM2/7/03

Dandelion wrote:

> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
> <pinchp...@yahoo.com>
> >

> >Dandelion wrote:
> >
> >> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
> >> Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>

> >> I subscribe to Playboy and People. (people was actually a gift, but I
> >> read the trash just the same.)
> >
> >Your *husband* subscribes to Playboy. What do YOU read? (Besides People and the
> >back of a shampoo bottle.)
>
> No, *I* subscribe to Playboy. He would probably subscribe to Hustler,
> if he knew how to go about doing such things.

Why do you subscribe to Playboy?

> I read books. If you had a live journal, you'd know *which* books.
> (currently I'm reading A Prayer for Owen Meany as recommend by some
> chic named pinch.)

That's a good one! Try "How to be Good" next.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 7:49:11 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
<pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>Dandelion wrote:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
>> <pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>> >Your *husband* subscribes to Playboy. What do YOU read? (Besides People and the
>> >back of a shampoo bottle.)
>>
>> No, *I* subscribe to Playboy. He would probably subscribe to Hustler,
>> if he knew how to go about doing such things.
>
>Why do you subscribe to Playboy?

I like boobies?

Mostly for my husband, but I do read it.

>> I read books. If you had a live journal, you'd know *which* books.
>> (currently I'm reading A Prayer for Owen Meany as recommend by some
>> chic named pinch.)
>
>That's a good one! Try "How to be Good" next.

Ok. I will.

DustBunny

Feb 7, 2003, 7:50:09 PM2/7/03
The Economist, Smart Money, Entertainment Weekly

Evelyn

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:02:25 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 15:52:59 -0800, Lisa Horton enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

You dress fashionably, yet comfortably. You are a very social person and have
an outgoing personality. You have a wild streak, but most people don't realize
it. You have a very active imagination and often wonder what it would be like
to be someone else.

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 8:06:01 PM2/7/03

Dandelion wrote:

> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
> <pinchp...@yahoo.com>
> >

> >Dandelion wrote:
> >
> >> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
> >> <pinchp...@yahoo.com>

> >> No, *I* subscribe to Playboy. He would probably subscribe to Hustler,
> >> if he knew how to go about doing such things.
> >
> >Why do you subscribe to Playboy?
>
> I like boobies?
>
> Mostly for my husband, but I do read it.

So I was right. Your husband subscribes.

> >> I read books. If you had a live journal, you'd know *which* books.
> >> (currently I'm reading A Prayer for Owen Meany as recommend by some
> >> chic named pinch.)
> >
> >That's a good one! Try "How to be Good" next.
>
> Ok. I will.

Then do Seabiscuit.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 8:01:14 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
<pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>Dandelion wrote:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
>> <pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>> >Why do you subscribe to Playboy?
>>
>> I like boobies?
>>
>> Mostly for my husband, but I do read it.
>
>So I was right. Your husband subscribes.

No. It comes in my name.

>> >That's a good one! Try "How to be Good" next.
>>
>> Ok. I will.
>
>Then do Seabiscuit.

The HORSE book?!

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:11:27 PM2/7/03
On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:00:30 GMT, Dandelion enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent

You are emotional, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. On the surface you
appear happy go lucky and care free, yet underneath you are complex and deep.
People sometimes try to take advantage of your generosity. You'd rather go
water skiing than snow skiing.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:13:14 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 19:05:53 -0500, pinch enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

This is only the second time I've done it. It will probably be a couple more
months before I do it again, but I will make sure to xpost it to the real world
chat froup...

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 8:02:51 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
>On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:00:30 GMT, Dandelion enlightened the world with this
>nugget of wisdom:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
>> Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
>> >You should include magazines, as well as news papers or other periodicals that
>> >you subscribe to or read on a regular basis.
>> >
>> > --
>> >Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

>> I subscribe to Playboy and People. (people was actually a gift, but I
>> read the trash just the same.)
>
>You are emotional, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. On the surface you
>appear happy go lucky and care free, yet underneath you are complex and deep.
>People sometimes try to take advantage of your generosity. You'd rather go
>water skiing than snow skiing.

Right again!

Have you seen Igby Goes Down yet?

gracie

Feb 7, 2003, 8:17:01 PM2/7/03

Dandelion wrote:

Semantics.

> >> Ok. I will.
> >
> >Then do Seabiscuit.
>
> The HORSE book?!

Horse book? I thought it was about maritime cooking.

gracie

Feb 7, 2003, 8:17:36 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

No no. You have to *email* me. I don't always read your posts.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:28:16 PM2/7/03
On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:50:09 GMT, DustBunny enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> The Economist, Smart Money, Entertainment Weekly

You like reality tv shows and you never miss American Idol. You are interested
in 90 day t-bills, high yield corporate bonds and real estate investments. You
like to go to Friday's for the margarita's and the appetizers.

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:32:58 PM2/7/03
On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 01:02:51 GMT, Dandelion enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
> Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
> >On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:00:30 GMT, Dandelion enlightened the world with this
> >nugget of wisdom:
> >
> >> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
> >> Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>

> >> I subscribe to Playboy and People. (people was actually a gift, but I
> >> read the trash just the same.)
> >
> >You are emotional, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. On the surface you
> >appear happy go lucky and care free, yet underneath you are complex and deep.
> >People sometimes try to take advantage of your generosity. You'd rather go
> >water skiing than snow skiing.
>

> Right again!
>

> Have you seen Igby Goes Down yet?

No, I have not, but I will. I did take your advice and see Donnie Darko, which
I really liked.

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:34:59 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:17:36 -0500, gracie enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

You don't always read my posts!?! But...but....they're *good*! It will take
awhile for my ego to recover from this revelation, I think.

I don't know what your email address is.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 8:26:42 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
>On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 01:02:51 GMT, Dandelion enlightened the world with this
>nugget of wisdom:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats The Magnificent
>> Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com>
>> >On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 00:00:30 GMT, Dandelion enlightened the world with this
>> >nugget of wisdom:

>> >You are emotional, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. On the surface you
>> >appear happy go lucky and care free, yet underneath you are complex and deep.
>> >People sometimes try to take advantage of your generosity. You'd rather go
>> >water skiing than snow skiing.
>>

>> Right again!
>>

>> Have you seen Igby Goes Down yet?
>
>No, I have not, but I will. I did take your advice and see Donnie Darko, which
>I really liked.

Yeah, I got the memo when I returned from Disney. Igby's a lot
different than Donnie, but still a good watch.

Geoffrey F. Green

Feb 7, 2003, 8:27:29 PM2/7/03
In article <3E443E0A...@ccis1025.duhs.duke.edu>,
"Edward M. Kennedy" <T...@ccis1025.duhs.duke.edu> wrote:

> Carver Lee wrote:
> >
> > Sports Illustrated
> > ESPN the Magazine
> > Golf Digest
> > Playboy
> > Maxim
> > Car & Driver
>
> You were a decent athelete in high school. You make good
> money and have a favorite tailor. You don't have a steady
> girlfriend and hate the color purple.

Sports Illustrated
Entertainment Weekly
New Yorker
Macworld
Discover
New York Times
Boston Globe

--
Visit http://PostingUp.net
All college basketball, no Andy Katz

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 8:27:41 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats gracie
<gra...@execuchick.com>

>Dandelion wrote:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
>> <pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>> >So I was right. Your husband subscribes.
>>
>> No. It comes in my name.
>>

>Semantics.

>> >Then do Seabiscuit.
>>
>> The HORSE book?!
>
>Horse book? I thought it was about maritime cooking.

Are you being a wiseass?

ps: what is your favorite candy?

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:47:08 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:27:29 -0500, Geoffrey F. Green enlightened the world
with this nugget of wisdom:

> In article <3E443E0A...@ccis1025.duhs.duke.edu>,

> "Edward M. Kennedy" <T...@ccis1025.duhs.duke.edu> wrote:
>
> > Carver Lee wrote:
> > >
> > > Sports Illustrated
> > > ESPN the Magazine
> > > Golf Digest
> > > Playboy
> > > Maxim
> > > Car & Driver
> >
> > You were a decent athelete in high school. You make good
> > money and have a favorite tailor. You don't have a steady
> > girlfriend and hate the color purple.
>
> Sports Illustrated
> Entertainment Weekly
> New Yorker
> Macworld
> Discover
> New York Times
> Boston Globe

You like to travel and you consider yourself to have above average
intelligence. You wear glasses. You have most likely have had at least one
homosexual encounter in your lifetime (not that there's anything wrong with
that). You often wonder if Ben & J. Lo's marriage will last past the one year
mark.

--
Magnificent Bastard Productions 2003 ®

Geoffrey F. Green

Feb 7, 2003, 8:37:22 PM2/7/03
In article <MPG.18ae28cd...@news-central.giganews.com>,

The Magnificent Bastard <mag_b...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > This is only the second time I've done it. It will probably be a couple
> > > more
> > > months before I do it again, but I will make sure to xpost it to the real
> > > world
> > > chat froup...
> >
> > No no. You have to *email* me. I don't always read your posts.
>
> You don't always read my posts!?! But...but....they're *good*! It will take
> awhile for my ego to recover from this revelation, I think.
>
> I don't know what your email address is.

So, given that this is crossposted to 10 different groups, I have to
ask the posters: Which group are you reading this in? Particularly
you, you Magnificent Bastard you.

- geoff

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 8:53:58 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 07 Feb 2003 20:37:22 -0500, Geoffrey F. Green enlightened the world
with this nugget of wisdom:

> In article <MPG.18ae28cd...@news-central.giganews.com>,

I'm the moderator in the Barbra Streisand and Everquest groups...

naf

Feb 7, 2003, 8:57:30 PM2/7/03
Road and Track, Car and Driver, Automobile, Vanity Fair,
F1 Racing, American Bungalow, European Car

Mike

Daniel Seriff

Feb 7, 2003, 9:12:31 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:02:25 -0600, The Magnificent Bastard wrote
(in message <MPG.18ae212b9...@news-central.giganews.com>):

I'll bite:

Discover
Scientific American
Popular Science
National Geographic
Newsweek
Scrye
Saveur
Fine Cooking
Mac Addict
BBC Music

--
Daniel Seriff

Bears are crazy. They'll bite your head if you're wearing steak on it.
- SG

Darktyger

Feb 7, 2003, 9:30:39 PM2/7/03
On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:53:58 -0500, The Magnificent Bastard
<mag_b...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'm the moderator in the Barbra Streisand and Everquest groups...

This thread is the first you've ever posted to the Everquest group,
and the Everquest group isn't moderated. Next?
--
Dark Tyger
Kahir Rhom, Vah'shir BST of the 51st calling - Tunare

"There are no happy endings because nothing ever really ends"
-Schmendrik, The Last Unicorn

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 9:41:44 PM2/7/03

Dandelion wrote:

No. I haven't read it and I thought you could tell me if it was worth my time.

> ps: what is your favorite candy?

Peeps. What's yours?

pinch

Feb 7, 2003, 9:45:32 PM2/7/03

The Magnificent Bastard wrote:

But according to Geoffrey F. Green of geoff-...@stuebegreen.com, I just unintentionally
crossposted it to ten different groups. Unless he's fucking with me. I don't know him and he just
might be fucking with me.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 9:37:18 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
<pinchp...@yahoo.com>

>Dandelion wrote:
>
>> Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats gracie
>> <gra...@execuchick.com>

>> >Semantics.

>> >Horse book? I thought it was about maritime cooking.
>>
>> Are you being a wiseass?
>
>No. I haven't read it and I thought you could tell me if it was worth my time.

Judging a book by it's cover, I'd say no.

>> ps: what is your favorite candy?
>
>Peeps. What's yours?

Those sour candies I gave you for xmas, and kit kat.

Dandelion

Feb 7, 2003, 9:41:05 PM2/7/03
Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats pinch
<pinchp...@yahoo.com>

I love it when they do that.

The good samaritan.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 10:02:44 PM2/7/03
On Sat, 08 Feb 2003 02:12:31 GMT, Daniel Seriff enlightened the world with this
nugget of wisdom:

> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 19:02:25 -0600, The Magnificent Bastard wrote

> (in message <MPG.18ae212b9...@news-central.giganews.com>):
>
> I'll bite:
>
> Discover
> Scientific American
> Popular Science
> National Geographic
> Newsweek
> Scrye
> Saveur
> Fine Cooking
> Mac Addict
> BBC Music

You would rather figure things out for yourself than have someone explain them
to you. Rap music is something that you detest. You enjoy a good debate even
though you usually come out on the losing end.

The Magnificent Bastard

Feb 7, 2003, 10:06:05 PM2/7/03