What Did I Watch 7-10-19? PRIVATE EYES SERIES FINALE

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 9:20:24 AM7/11/19
They may make more, but I'm done with this rancid onion of a crapfest.

"The Conroy Cruise" - while that's what it's called everywhere, clearly it
was mean to be "The Conroy Curse"

In a thematic follow up to last week's "Women Are Smart and Men Are Stupid"
we get an entire hour of "Women Are Great It's Entirely Their World Stupid
Men Just Take Up Space In It"

Written and directed by deeply stupid and incompetent women, of course.

It's a heat wave, so Grandpa takes apart the PI office A/C (which turns out
to be the size of a big toaster) but of course he doesn't know how to fix it
and won't ask for help because men won't ask for directions because men are
stupid and women suffer because of it.

After two eps where she literally phoned in her part, Zoe Chow is gone
completely, off on vacation, and Maz is off on assignment. No diner or
annoying boyfriend, since Grandpa spends the ep failing to fix the A/C unit
at the PI office. Jules has a cameo at the end.

Conroy, the annoying and incompetent cop from when they were stuck in that
ski lodge is back, asking them to investigate what he thinks is a murder. In
the biggest mistake this show has ever made, they split Angie and Shade up,
given them only brief scenes together at the beginning and end; apparently
the drooling clowns behind this are unaware that the Everett/Shade chemistry
is what keeps this going.

Shade and doofus cop Conroy immediate get locked in a big storage container
and sunk in a lake. Despite the bottom being full of holes and the top full
of huge air vents and the door being open, the container only half fills with
water, giving the boys plenty of time to talk about their feelings.

With Maz gone, his new cute cop assistant teams up with Angie and they drive
great distances, giving the girls plenty of time to talk about their
feelings. Of course cute copette turns out to be gay, giving the girls plenty
of time to talk about those feelings too, as well as why she became a cop
because of her awful father because men are stupid.

The girls go to Conroy's police station which is apparently the female
version of Mayberry, a one room police station with a lady sheriff and lady
M.E. who is also the town's lady doctor who is also Conroy's twin sister,
which gives the girls plenty of time to make fun of Conroy for being slow
because he took his time coming down the birth canal (that's actual dialog).
The only man in town is the local drug dealer who they just leave alone in
their one cell to greet visitors when the place is empty. Yes, it really is
Mayberry, and he's Otis, and Conroy is Barney Fife, and none of this seems to
be anywhere near that snowy mountain top.

With Shade and Maz out of the picture, Maz' nasty new lady boss turns out to
be really swell, because the only time women are nasty is when men make them
be that way.

Angie figures out that there really are murders being committed to kill off
the all women members of the all woman tontine by the all woman daughter of
one of the all women members. The problem is, she has a brother who's some
kind of inbred Deliverance hillbilly.

Shade and Conroy get out of the death trap and tie up the hillbilly and are
about to be murdered by the daughter when the all women cops of three all
women agencies drive up and save the day. I have no idea how any of them
found the lake, much less all arrived together in separate vehicles.
Meanwhile they forgot the hillbilly was tied up, but it doesn't matter.

Everyone wears comfortable unflattering clothes.

Epilog

Angie and Shade return to the office. The A/C works again! Grandpa couldn't
fix it, but, surprise, it was fixed by Conroy, who they are shocked to see
there, as they assumed he was back in Mayberry. Suddenly Shade's phone rings!
It's the restaurant, telling him they have fifteen minutes 'til their
reservation for the surprise sushi party they're throwing Conroy for his 40th
birthday! Yes, the same Conroy they were amazed to see 30 seconds earlier,
because he's supposed to be back in Mayberry. That's just how stupid every
part of this mess was. Oh, yeah, they forgot that it should probably be
Conroy's twin sister's birthday, too ...

Next week, Shade and Everett find plenty of time to talk about their feelings
as they are finally going to get together or not!

I won't be there.

--
Join your old RAT friends at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1688985234647266/

Rhino

Jul 11, 2019, 3:31:41 PM7/11/19
On 2019-07-11 9:20 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> They may make more, but I'm done with this rancid onion of a crapfest.
>
> "The Conroy Cruise" - while that's what it's called everywhere, clearly it
> was mean to be "The Conroy Curse"

Probably an auto-correct mistake on the part of whoever distributed the
title of the episode to the network, TV Guide, and so forth....

> In a thematic follow up to last week's "Women Are Smart and Men Are Stupid"
> we get an entire hour of "Women Are Great It's Entirely Their World Stupid
> Men Just Take Up Space In It"
>
> Written and directed by deeply stupid and incompetent women, of course.
>
> It's a heat wave, so Grandpa takes apart the PI office A/C (which turns out
> to be the size of a big toaster) but of course he doesn't know how to fix it
> and won't ask for help because men won't ask for directions because men are
> stupid and women suffer because of it.

He made the fundamental mistake of fixing it when it wasn't broken....

> After two eps where she literally phoned in her part, Zoe Chow is gone
> completely, off on vacation, and Maz is off on assignment.

Actually, they said he was on a training course of some kind, not that
that is important; the key thing is he was off-screen.

> No diner or
> annoying boyfriend, since Grandpa spends the ep failing to fix the A/C unit
> at the PI office. Jules has a cameo at the end.
>
> Conroy, the annoying and incompetent cop from when they were stuck in that
> ski lodge is back, asking them to investigate what he thinks is a murder. In
> the biggest mistake this show has ever made, they split Angie and Shade up,
> given them only brief scenes together at the beginning and end; apparently
> the drooling clowns behind this are unaware that the Everett/Shade chemistry
> is what keeps this going.

Perhaps they thought they needed to do an "absence makes the heart grow
fonder" episode?

> Shade and doofus cop Conroy immediate get locked in a big storage container
> and sunk in a lake. Despite the bottom being full of holes and the top full
> of huge air vents

We never actually saw air vents or had any idea they were there....

and the door being open, the container only half fills with
> water, giving the boys plenty of time to talk about their feelings.

Nitpicking slightly here but the door wasn't open until the container
was fully submerged. According to Shade, "the lock broke due to the
impact". What impact? It slid gently into the water and the door wasn't
budging earlier despite the large lever Shade was using.

> With Maz gone, his new cute cop assistant teams up with Angie and they drive
> great distances,

Actually, downtown Toronto to Scarborough, where the towing company was
supposedly located, isn't far at all. And Scarborough is much more
developed than it appears in the footage they had. You have to go a long
way into the GTA (Greater Toronto area - the suburban belt that
surrounds Metro Toronto) to find the sort of open land you see at the
towing yard or the gravel pit where they submerged the container.

> giving the girls plenty of time to talk about their
> feelings. Of course cute copette turns out to be gay,

Of course. There HAS to be a gay character in everything now and that
person has to be treated as just like anyone else. It's the law you know....

> giving the girls plenty
> of time to talk about those feelings too, as well as why she became a cop
> because of her awful father because men are stupid.

And carpet cleaners.

> The girls go to Conroy's police station which is apparently the female
> version of Mayberry, a one room police station with a lady sheriff and lady
> M.E. who is also the town's lady doctor

and veterinarian!

> who is also Conroy's twin sister,
> which gives the girls plenty of time to make fun of Conroy for being slow
> because he took his time coming down the birth canal (that's actual dialog).
> The only man in town is the local drug dealer who they just leave alone in
> their one cell to greet visitors when the place is empty. Yes, it really is
> Mayberry, and he's Otis, and Conroy is Barney Fife, and none of this seems to
> be anywhere near that snowy mountain top.
>
> With Shade and Maz out of the picture, Maz' nasty new lady boss turns out to
> be really swell, because the only time women are nasty is when men make them
> be that way.

You certainly get that impression from the Narrative....

> Angie figures out that there really are murders being committed to kill off
> the all women members of the all woman tontine by the all woman daughter of
> one of the all women members. The problem is, she has a brother who's some
> kind of inbred Deliverance hillbilly.
>
> Shade and Conroy get out of the death trap and tie up the hillbilly and are
> about to be murdered by the daughter when the all women cops of three all
> women agencies drive up and save the day. I have no idea how any of them
> found the lake, much less all arrived together in separate vehicles.

Yeah, Angie just said she'd figured things out and called the cavalry
but I didn't see ANY clues linking MOD, the mining company, to that
gravel pit.

> Meanwhile they forgot the hillbilly was tied up, but it doesn't matter.
>
> Everyone wears comfortable unflattering clothes.

Well, it *was* hot....

> Epilog
>
> Angie and Shade return to the office. The A/C works again! Grandpa couldn't
> fix it, but, surprise, it was fixed by Conroy, who they are shocked to see
> there, as they assumed he was back in Mayberry.

And Conroy could read the Spanish repair manual for the air conditioner
thanks to some Rosetta Stone course he'd taken. I'm trying to figure out
why a Canadian character would make an effort to learn Spanish given the
relative dearth of Spanish-speakers in these parts.... (Mind you, I *am*
starting to hear Spanish in stores and whatnot occasionally now so it
looks like they're starting to overrun us too now....)

> Suddenly Shade's phone rings!
> It's the restaurant, telling him they have fifteen minutes 'til their
> reservation for the surprise sushi party they're throwing Conroy for his 40th
> birthday! Yes, the same Conroy they were amazed to see 30 seconds earlier,
> because he's supposed to be back in Mayberry. That's just how stupid every
> part of this mess was.

Good point!

> Oh, yeah, they forgot that it should probably be
> Conroy's twin sister's birthday, too ...

No, she was born at 11:59PM and he was born at 12:01 the next day....

> Next week, Shade and Everett find plenty of time to talk about their feelings
> as they are finally going to get together or not!
>
> I won't be there.

I won't deny that the writing has been pretty weak this season compared
to previous ones. I'll probably stick around a little longer but with
lowered expectations....

--
Rhino

suzeeq

Jul 11, 2019, 3:40:25 PM7/11/19
Yes, the guy drilled them in, just before he dropped them in the lake.

> and the door being open, the container only half fills with
>> water, giving the boys plenty of time to talk about their feelings.
>>
> Nitpicking slightly here but the door wasn't open until the container
> was fully submerged. According to Shade, "the lock broke due to the
> impact". What impact? It slid gently into the water and the door wasn't
> budging earlier despite the large lever Shade was using.

He loosened it up with the bar, donchs know.
Me too, I don't care about the nitpicks, it's still mostly fun.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 4:12:12 PM7/11/19
Thu, 11 Jul 2019 12:31:37 -0700 Rhino<no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

> On 2019-07-11 9:20 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> > They may make more, but I'm done with this rancid onion of a crapfest.
> >
> > "The Conroy Cruise" - while that's what it's called everywhere, clearly it
> > was mean to be "The Conroy Curse"
> Probably an auto-correct mistake on the part of whoever distributed the
> title of the episode to the network, TV Guide, and so forth....

Agreed

> > In a thematic follow up to last week's "Women Are Smart and Men Are Stupid"
> > we get an entire hour of "Women Are Great It's Entirely Their World Stupid
> > Men Just Take Up Space In It"
> >
> > Written and directed by deeply stupid and incompetent women, of course.
> >
> > It's a heat wave, so Grandpa takes apart the PI office A/C (which turns out
> > to be the size of a big toaster) but of course he doesn't know how to fix it
> > and won't ask for help because men won't ask for directions because men are
> > stupid and women suffer because of it.
>
> He made the fundamental mistake of fixing it when it wasn't broken....

Actually there's a throwaway line that Zoe told him it was broken before
leaving, but Angie acts like it's his fault the whole episode. Because it's
funnier if men are stupid.

> > After two eps where she literally phoned in her part, Zoe Chow is gone
> > completely, off on vacation, and Maz is off on assignment.
>
> Actually, they said he was on a training course of some kind, not that
> that is important; the key thing is he was off-screen.

Thanks

> > No diner or
> > annoying boyfriend, since Grandpa spends the ep failing to fix the A/C unit
> > at the PI office. Jules has a cameo at the end.
> >
> > Conroy, the annoying and incompetent cop from when they were stuck in that
> > ski lodge is back, asking them to investigate what he thinks is a murder. In
> > the biggest mistake this show has ever made, they split Angie and Shade up,
> > given them only brief scenes together at the beginning and end; apparently
> > the drooling clowns behind this are unaware that the Everett/Shade chemistry
> > is what keeps this going.
> Perhaps they thought they needed to do an "absence makes the heart grow
> fonder" episode?

By having both their new partners harangue them about their would be
relationship.

> > Shade and doofus cop Conroy immediate get locked in a big storage container
> > and sunk in a lake. Despite the bottom being full of holes and the top full
> > of huge air vents
>
> We never actually saw air vents or had any idea they were there....

Oh, yes, we did, many times. There are big open air vents in the corners.
They shot most of it from low angles so they were blazing bright. They're
what were lighting the entire thing.

> and the door being open, the container only half fills with
> > water, giving the boys plenty of time to talk about their feelings.
> Nitpicking slightly here but the door wasn't open until the container
> was fully submerged. According to Shade, "the lock broke due to the
> impact". What impact? It slid gently into the water and the door wasn't
> budging earlier despite the large lever Shade was using.

I actually went back and looked at that. It hit a rock. And settled against
said rock. A rock that would keep it from ever opening.

> > With Maz gone, his new cute cop assistant teams up with Angie and they drive
> > great distances,
>
> Actually, downtown Toronto to Scarborough, where the towing company was
> supposedly located, isn't far at all. And Scarborough is much more
> developed than it appears in the footage they had. You have to go a long
> way into the GTA (Greater Toronto area - the suburban belt that
> surrounds Metro Toronto) to find the sort of open land you see at the
> towing yard or the gravel pit where they submerged the container.

How far do you have to go to hit Mayberry?

> > giving the girls plenty of time to talk about their
> > feelings. Of course cute copette turns out to be gay,
>
> Of course. There HAS to be a gay character in everything now and that
> person has to be treated as just like anyone else. It's the law you know....

It just seemed so gratuitous. It was 'a woman needs a man like a fish needs a
bicycle' time. Not *one* of these women is in a relationship with a man.

> > giving the girls plenty
> > of time to talk about those feelings too, as well as why she became a cop
> > because of her awful father because men are stupid.
> And carpet cleaners.

Yes! OMG! He was going to PROMOTE HER INTO SALES!!!!

> > The girls go to Conroy's police station which is apparently the female
> > version of Mayberry, a one room police station with a lady sheriff and lady
> > M.E. who is also the town's lady doctor
>
> and veterinarian!

Yeah. Probably Miss Ellie the pharmacist too. Might even cut hair.

> > who is also Conroy's twin sister,
> > which gives the girls plenty of time to make fun of Conroy for being slow
> > because he took his time coming down the birth canal (that's actual dialog).
> > The only man in town is the local drug dealer who they just leave alone in
> > their one cell to greet visitors when the place is empty. Yes, it really is
> > Mayberry, and he's Otis, and Conroy is Barney Fife, and none of this seems
> > be anywhere near that snowy mountain top.
> >
> > With Shade and Maz out of the picture, Maz' nasty new lady boss turns out to
> > be really swell, because the only time women are nasty is when men make them
> > be that way.
> You certainly get that impression from the Narrative....

Also she was nasty for the one scene Shade was in, and nice once he vanished

> > Angie figures out that there really are murders being committed to kill off
> > the all women members of the all woman tontine by the all woman daughter of
> > one of the all women members. The problem is, she has a brother who's some
> > kind of inbred Deliverance hillbilly.
> >
> > Shade and Conroy get out of the death trap and tie up the hillbilly and are
> > about to be murdered by the daughter when the all women cops of three all
> > women agencies drive up and save the day. I have no idea how any of them
> > found the lake, much less all arrived together in separate vehicles.
>
> Yeah, Angie just said she'd figured things out and called the cavalry
> but I didn't see ANY clues linking MOD, the mining company, to that
> gravel pit.

Nope.
Shade: We might be in a quarry
Me: TELL HER YOU'RE IN A FUCKING LAKE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
Angie: We already figured it out, we'll be right there
Me: Blink. Blink, blink.

> > Meanwhile they forgot the hillbilly was tied up, but it doesn't matter.
> >
> > Everyone wears comfortable unflattering clothes.
> Well, it *was* hot....

So wear tank tops and bikinis. Get the girls wet!

> > Epilog
> >
> > Angie and Shade return to the office. The A/C works again! Grandpa couldn't
> > fix it, but, surprise, it was fixed by Conroy, who they are shocked to see
> > there, as they assumed he was back in Mayberry.
>
> And Conroy could read the Spanish repair manual for the air conditioner
> thanks to some Rosetta Stone course he'd taken. I'm trying to figure out
> why a Canadian character would make an effort to learn Spanish given the
> relative dearth of Spanish-speakers in these parts.... (Mind you, I *am*
> starting to hear Spanish in stores and whatnot occasionally now so it
> looks like they're starting to overrun us too now....)

There is just SO much wrong with that whole scene

> > Suddenly Shade's phone rings!
> > It's the restaurant, telling him they have fifteen minutes 'til their
> > reservation for the surprise sushi party they're throwing Conroy for his
> > 40th
> > birthday! Yes, the same Conroy they were amazed to see 30 seconds earlier,
> > because he's supposed to be back in Mayberry. That's just how stupid every
> > part of this mess was.
>
> Good point!

So Conroy comes to visit, having forgotten it's his 40th birthday, and either
his sister's 40th birthday or the day after, and wanders in, and says 'hey I
can read Spanish' and somehow manages to fix that silly little A/C unit
(because Grandpa printed out a service manual (?) in Spanish because it was
better than nothing), while Shade and Everett are gone someplace, and they
come back and are amazed to see him 15 minutes before his surprise sushi
party. Seriously, did they ad lib this? In one take?

> > Oh, yeah, they forgot that it should probably be
> > Conroy's twin sister's birthday, too ...
> No, she was born at 11:59PM and he was born at 12:01 the next day....

I almost said that and then DECIDED NOT TO

> > Next week, Shade and Everett find plenty of time to talk about their
> > feelings
> > as they are finally going to get together or not!
> >
> > I won't be there.
> I won't deny that the writing has been pretty weak this season compared
> to previous ones. I'll probably stick around a little longer but with
> lowered expectations....

They were on double secret probation after last week, and then they doubled
down on the bad this week, and I checked, and the entire rest of the series
will be directed by women, so whatever the Hell happened here, it's likely to
stay.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 4:14:20 PM7/11/19
Those were lower air holes, that weren't necessary, because there were
already huge open ones in the top!

> > and the door being open, the container only half fills with
> > > water, giving the boys plenty of time to talk about their feelings.
> > Nitpicking slightly here but the door wasn't open until the container
> > was fully submerged. According to Shade, "the lock broke due to the
> > impact". What impact? It slid gently into the water and the door wasn't
> > budging earlier despite the large lever Shade was using.
>
> He loosened it up with the bar, donchs know.

Yeah.
This wasn't nitpicking. Every moment of this episode was offensively bad. Not
one microsecond of it was fun.

Rhino

Jul 11, 2019, 4:42:50 PM7/11/19
The holes he drilled where near the bottom of the "wall" of the
container, not at the top. We also saw the holes several times from
within the trailer and they were very low, almost at floor level.
--
Rhino

Rhino

Jul 11, 2019, 5:01:53 PM7/11/19
On 2019-07-11 4:12 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Thu, 11 Jul 2019 12:31:37 -0700 Rhino<no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2019-07-11 9:20 AM, anim8rfsk wrote:
>>> They may make more, but I'm done with this rancid onion of a crapfest.
>>>
>>> "The Conroy Cruise" - while that's what it's called everywhere, clearly it
>>> was mean to be "The Conroy Curse"
>> Probably an auto-correct mistake on the part of whoever distributed the
>> title of the episode to the network, TV Guide, and so forth....
>
> Agreed
>
>>> In a thematic follow up to last week's "Women Are Smart and Men Are Stupid"
>>> we get an entire hour of "Women Are Great It's Entirely Their World Stupid
>>> Men Just Take Up Space In It"
>>>
>>> Written and directed by deeply stupid and incompetent women, of course.
>>>
>>> It's a heat wave, so Grandpa takes apart the PI office A/C (which turns out
>>> to be the size of a big toaster) but of course he doesn't know how to fix it
>>> and won't ask for help because men won't ask for directions because men are
>>> stupid and women suffer because of it.
>>
>> He made the fundamental mistake of fixing it when it wasn't broken....
>
> Actually there's a throwaway line that Zoe told him it was broken before
> leaving, but Angie acts like it's his fault the whole episode. Because it's
> funnier if men are stupid.

Believe me, I *am* sympathetic to where you are going. I too find
arbitrary man-bashing extremely tedious and *way* too common these days.

But didn't Don say he heard it rattling very badly when he approached
the unit? That suggested to me that it *was* working, although probably
sounded liked it was at death's doorstep.
You're right; the light source in the front of the container could only
have been vent holes. Sorry, I forgot about those.

>> and the door being open, the container only half fills with
>>> water, giving the boys plenty of time to talk about their feelings.
>> Nitpicking slightly here but the door wasn't open until the container
>> was fully submerged. According to Shade, "the lock broke due to the
>> impact". What impact? It slid gently into the water and the door wasn't
>> budging earlier despite the large lever Shade was using.
>
> I actually went back and looked at that. It hit a rock. And settled against
> said rock. A rock that would keep it from ever opening.

So it was even stupider than you first remembered....

>>> With Maz gone, his new cute cop assistant teams up with Angie and they drive
>>> great distances,
>>
>> Actually, downtown Toronto to Scarborough, where the towing company was
>> supposedly located, isn't far at all. And Scarborough is much more
>> developed than it appears in the footage they had. You have to go a long
>> way into the GTA (Greater Toronto area - the suburban belt that
>> surrounds Metro Toronto) to find the sort of open land you see at the
>> towing yard or the gravel pit where they submerged the container.
>
> How far do you have to go to hit Mayberry?

That's a good bit farther than Scarborough :-) I haven't been in the GTA
except for once at the Science Centre (which is in eastern Scarborough)
in quite a few years now and I'm not even sure how much more built up
everything is now. But when I lived in the south-western Toronto and
going West in the 90s, I seemed to have to drive at least a half hour
before I saw anything resembling an open field or much of anything
beyond concrete. Depending on which direction they drove, I would think
"Mayberry" would have had to be at least an hour's drive from downtown
TO and quite possibly more given the growth of the GTA which I've heard
about but not scene recently.

>>> giving the girls plenty of time to talk about their
>>> feelings. Of course cute copette turns out to be gay,
>>
>> Of course. There HAS to be a gay character in everything now and that
>> person has to be treated as just like anyone else. It's the law you know....
>
> It just seemed so gratuitous. It was 'a woman needs a man like a fish needs a
> bicycle' time. Not *one* of these women is in a relationship with a man.

Well, Angie is *thinking* about Shade from time to time. The
relationship with the black detective that we saw in season 1 is ancient
history now; I don't think we've seen him *since* season 1....

>>> giving the girls plenty
>>> of time to talk about those feelings too, as well as why she became a cop
>>> because of her awful father because men are stupid.
>> And carpet cleaners.
>
> Yes! OMG! He was going to PROMOTE HER INTO SALES!!!!

The horror, the horror.... (Think Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now....)

>>> The girls go to Conroy's police station which is apparently the female
>>> version of Mayberry, a one room police station with a lady sheriff and lady
>>> M.E. who is also the town's lady doctor
>>
>> and veterinarian!
>
> Yeah. Probably Miss Ellie the pharmacist too. Might even cut hair.

Very likely. Possibly the City Engineer and hockey coach too....

>>> who is also Conroy's twin sister,
>>> which gives the girls plenty of time to make fun of Conroy for being slow
>>> because he took his time coming down the birth canal (that's actual dialog).
>>> The only man in town is the local drug dealer who they just leave alone in
>>> their one cell to greet visitors when the place is empty. Yes, it really is
>>> Mayberry, and he's Otis, and Conroy is Barney Fife, and none of this seems
>>> be anywhere near that snowy mountain top.
>>>
>>> With Shade and Maz out of the picture, Maz' nasty new lady boss turns out to
>>> be really swell, because the only time women are nasty is when men make them
>>> be that way.
>> You certainly get that impression from the Narrative....
>
> Also she was nasty for the one scene Shade was in, and nice once he vanished

Coincidence? I think not....

>>> Angie figures out that there really are murders being committed to kill off
>>> the all women members of the all woman tontine by the all woman daughter of
>>> one of the all women members. The problem is, she has a brother who's some
>>> kind of inbred Deliverance hillbilly.
>>>
>>> Shade and Conroy get out of the death trap and tie up the hillbilly and are
>>> about to be murdered by the daughter when the all women cops of three all
>>> women agencies drive up and save the day. I have no idea how any of them
>>> found the lake, much less all arrived together in separate vehicles.
>>
>> Yeah, Angie just said she'd figured things out and called the cavalry
>> but I didn't see ANY clues linking MOD, the mining company, to that
>> gravel pit.
>
> Nope.
> Shade: We might be in a quarry
> Me: TELL HER YOU'RE IN A FUCKING LAKE YOU FUCKING IDIOT
> Angie: We already figured it out, we'll be right there
> Me: Blink. Blink, blink.

And what if she'd guessed wrong and all the police showed up dozens of
miles away from where Shade and Conroy actually were?

>>> Meanwhile they forgot the hillbilly was tied up, but it doesn't matter.
>>>
>>> Everyone wears comfortable unflattering clothes.
>> Well, it *was* hot....
>
> So wear tank tops and bikinis. Get the girls wet!

Great idea!! We need more of that in this show! But .... sexism!
Yeah, the logic train had definitely left the station when they wrote
that script - assuming it wasn't ad-libbed as you suggest. Now that I
think about it, ad libbing seems a better explanation. What writer would
submit a script that lacking in logic, even for a TV show?

>>> Oh, yeah, they forgot that it should probably be
>>> Conroy's twin sister's birthday, too ...
>> No, she was born at 11:59PM and he was born at 12:01 the next day....
>
> I almost said that and then DECIDED NOT TO

;-)

>>> Next week, Shade and Everett find plenty of time to talk about their
>>> feelings
>>> as they are finally going to get together or not!
>>>
>>> I won't be there.
>> I won't deny that the writing has been pretty weak this season compared
>> to previous ones. I'll probably stick around a little longer but with
>> lowered expectations....
>
> They were on double secret probation after last week, and then they doubled
> down on the bad this week, and I checked, and the entire rest of the series
> will be directed by women, so whatever the Hell happened here, it's likely to
> stay.

Geez, that does NOT fill me with enthusiasm....

Mind you, I noticed that this episode was directed by Anne Wheeler who I
remember being hyped some years ago as very promising or brilliant or
something. But maybe she's become a meth addict since then and lost her
mind....

--
Rhino

suzeeq

Jul 11, 2019, 5:03:51 PM7/11/19
But the lower ones made it fill up faster.

<snipalot>

>> Me too, I don't care about the nitpicks, it's still mostly fun.
>
> This wasn't nitpicking. Every moment of this episode was offensively bad. Not
> one microsecond of it was fun.

I still like it.

suzeeq

Jul 11, 2019, 5:06:04 PM7/11/19
Right, I figured it was to make it fill with water and sink it faster.
There were some holes in the tops corners, they had to have some light
to film it with.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 5:32:51 PM7/11/19
Here you go. Lots of screen grabs showing the huge gaping holes in the top.
Also in one shot you can see the container still floating out there after
they've been rescued. And how did it get into the middle of the lake in the
first place?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7j3ot1de3z29qtj/AACP0HAaLGQes98JfeexNBmOa?dl=0

And I checked. The last clew Angie found was the name of the inbred
hillbilly. Nothing that would lead them to the quarry, much less 2 police
units.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 5:46:36 PM7/11/19
'Rattling' doesn't mean 'blowing cold' - he said Zoe complained about how hot
it was in there.
I have no idea how Angie is unaware of all this - she freaking LIVES there!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7j3ot1de3z29qtj/AACP0HAaLGQes98JfeexNBmOa?dl=0

> > > and the door being open, the container only half fills with
> > > Nitpicking slightly here but the door wasn't open until the container
> > > was fully submerged. According to Shade, "the lock broke due to the
> > > impact". What impact? It slid gently into the water and the door wasn't
> > > budging earlier despite the large lever Shade was using.
> >
> > I actually went back and looked at that. It hit a rock. And settled against
> > said rock. A rock that would keep it from ever opening.
> So it was even stupider than you first remembered....

Yeah, it gets worse on review.
And we can be sure of the women in the tontine, and their daughters, and the
Sheriff Sergeant, and the assistant copette ...

> > > And carpet cleaners.
> >
> > Yes! OMG! He was going to PROMOTE HER INTO SALES!!!!
> The horror, the horror.... (Think Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now....)

:)
Katrina Saville
Writer of "I Beat Up My Rapist"

> > > No, she was born at 11:59PM and he was born at 12:01 the next day....
> >
> > I almost said that and then DECIDED NOT TO
>
> ;-)

> > > I won't deny that the writing has been pretty weak this season compared
> > > to previous ones. I'll probably stick around a little longer but with
> > > lowered expectations....
> >
> > They were on double secret probation after last week, and then they doubled
> > down on the bad this week, and I checked, and the entire rest of the series
> > will be directed by women, so whatever the Hell happened here, it's likely
> > stay.
> Geez, that does NOT fill me with enthusiasm....
>
> Mind you, I noticed that this episode was directed by Anne Wheeler who I
> remember being hyped some years ago as very promising or brilliant or
> something. But maybe she's become a meth addict since then and lost her
> mind....

She's famed for political documentaries. I imagine she thinks she just made
another one.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 5:48:27 PM7/11/19
Any hole would make it fill faster, sure.
> <snipalot>
>
> > > Me too, I don't care about the nitpicks, it's still mostly fun.
> >
> > This wasn't nitpicking. Every moment of this episode was offensively bad.
> > Not
> > one microsecond of it was fun.
> I still like it.

I hated it. Hate hate hate hate hated it.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 5:49:44 PM7/11/19
And the instant the top is under water, the whole thing fills and they're
both dead.

EGK

Jul 11, 2019, 8:05:55 PM7/11/19
I still like it well enough too. I like the characters but yeah, the plots
could have been better so far this season. I thought the best one was the
"Die Hard" episode.

This show always seemed cheaply made it feels like they've cut the budget
further or maybe the money is all going to the two stars.

anim8rfsk

Jul 11, 2019, 8:29:17 PM7/11/19
Yeah, it's worrisome that both Maz and Zoe vanished together, although it
would be cute if it turned out they ran off together.

Rhino

Jul 11, 2019, 11:15:11 PM7/11/19
Grrrlll Power!!

--