Joan Collins and others mock Shatner for going into space

Rhino

Oct 22, 2021, 5:32:22 PM10/22/21

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/joan-collins-william-shatner-space-trip_uk_61729386e4b066de4f6137bc

Clearly, Joan Collins, Prince William and others just don't get it.
Kudos to Shatner for venturing out into space when the opportunity
presented itself.

--
Rhino

A Friend

Oct 22, 2021, 5:43:48 PM10/22/21
In article <skval2$lu6$1...@dont-email.me>, Rhino
<no_offlin...@example.com> wrote:

> https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/joan-collins-william-shatner-space-trip
> _uk_61729386e4b066de4f6137bc
>
> Clearly, Joan Collins, Prince William and others just don't get it.
> Kudos to Shatner for venturing out into space when the opportunity
> presented itself.

Yes. Good for him. Truth is, I wouldn't have expected Mr. Shatner to
do any different. Of course he'd go, given the chance.

Your Name

Oct 22, 2021, 8:31:52 PM10/22/21
Over the years, the space industry has lead to lots of advancements in
technology, medcine, etc. that the general public take for granted, and
there will no doubt be more in the future ... but sending the general
public into space, or "space", for a joyride *is* simply a massive
waste of money (even if it is their own) that could be better used
elsewhere.

BTR1701

Oct 22, 2021, 9:29:18 PM10/22/21
I bet there things you do with your own money that I would consider to be
better spent elsewhere.

How Bezos spends his money is no more your business than how you spend
yours is mine.

chromebook test

Oct 22, 2021, 10:26:54 PM10/22/21
"He wanted me to go up and pay for it and I said: 'Hey, you pay me and I'll go up. I'll risk my life for a large sum of money.' - Shat

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/BAMcoN1-v-c/m/8R24WOdCAgAJ

RichA

Oct 22, 2021, 10:57:29 PM10/22/21
Is Joan Collins still alive?

Your Name

Oct 23, 2021, 2:04:13 AM10/23/21
On 2021-10-23 02:57:27 +0000, RichA said:
> On Friday, 22 October 2021 at 17:32:22 UTC-4, Rhino wrote:
>> https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/joan-collins-william-shatner-space-trip_uk_61729386e4b066de4f6137bc
>>

>> Clearly, Joan Collins, Prince William and others just don't get it.
>> Kudos to Shatner for venturing out into space when the opportunity
>> presented itself.
>
> Is Joan Collins still alive?

Yep. She's only 88 ... Betty White will be 100 in a few months and is
still working!

The Horny Goat

Oct 23, 2021, 3:00:55 AM10/23/21
On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:43:43 -0400, A Friend <no...@noway.com> wrote:

>Yes. Good for him. Truth is, I wouldn't have expected Mr. Shatner to
>do any different. Of course he'd go, given the chance.

Wouldn't you? I'd probably take as long to say yes as Shat did -
about 0.5 seconds

The Horny Goat

Oct 23, 2021, 3:02:04 AM10/23/21
On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 20:29:10 -0500, BTR1701 <no_e...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>I bet there things you do with your own money that I would consider to be
>better spent elsewhere.
>
>How Bezos spends his money is no more your business than how you spend
>yours is mine.

Not to mention that by network advertising standards it was probably a
relatively inexpensive advertisement for Bezos and Amazon.

A Friend

Oct 23, 2021, 7:23:49 AM10/23/21
In article <0oc7ngtlndsijaoct...@4ax.com>, The Horny Goat
Yeah, I'd go. No hesitation. If they need an old dude with a bad left
foot to go to space, I'm your guy. Dibs on the window seat.

Ubiquitous

Oct 23, 2021, 8:50:06 AM10/23/21
no_offlin...@example.com wrote:

> "Let’s take care of this planet first before we start going off."
>
>Clearly, Joan Collins, Prince William and others just don't get it.
>Kudos to Shatner for venturing out into space when the opportunity
>presented itself.

Do these people *really* want to discuss how well they are "taking care
of this planey"?

--
Let's go Brandon!

trotsky

Oct 23, 2021, 1:51:51 PM10/23/21
On 10/22/2021 8:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>> On 2021-10-22 21:32:14 +0000, Rhino said:
>>>
>>> https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/joan-collins-william-shatner-space-trip_uk_61729386e4b066de4f6137bc
>>>

>>> Clearly, Joan Collins, Prince William and others just don't get it.
>>> Kudos to Shatner for venturing out into space when the opportunity
>>> presented itself.
>>
>> Over the years, the space industry has lead to lots of advancements in
>> technology, medcine, etc. that the general public take for granted, and
>> there will no doubt be more in the future ... but sending the general
>> public into space, or "space", for a joyride *is* simply a massive
>> waste of money (even if it is their own) that could be better used
>> elsewhere.
>
> I bet there things you do

What?

trotsky