Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2015, 4:17:34 PM11/5/15
Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

"Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/

LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis -- including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.

The emails also provide crucial context for understanding CAP's controversial decision to host an event next week for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That event, billed by CAP as "A Conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," will feature CAP President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu together in a Q&A session as they explore "ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States." That a group whose core mission is loyalty to the White House and the Democratic Party would roll out the red carpet for a hostile Obama nemesis is bizarre, for reasons the Huffington Post laid out when it reported on the controversy provoked by CAP's invitation.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 10:53:45 PM11/20/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Media mogul Haim Saban, one of Hillary Clinton's biggest backers in Hollywood, said that the U.S. should step up its scrutiny of Muslims in the wake of the deadly ISIS attacks in Paris.

In a broad-ranging conversation about his support for the former secretary of state, the 71-year-old Israeli-American businessman and philanthropist said that some civil liberties may need to be suspended in times of war.

"I'm not suggesting we put Muslims through some kind of a torture room to get them to admit that they are or they're not terrorists," he told TheWrap. "But I am saying we should have more scrutiny."

TheWrap spoke to Saban about his support for the Democratic presidential frontrunner -- he and and his wife, Cheryl, gave $2 million to Priorities USA Action, Clinton's Super PAC, and hosted a fundraiser in May that netted another $2 million -- as well as how the Paris terror attacks could alter the 2016 presidential election as well as civil liberties.

Hollywood Mogul Haim Saban Calls for 'More Scrutiny' of Muslims (Exclusive)
Itay Hod on November 18, 2015
https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-mogul-haim-saban-more-scrutiny-muslims-profiling-hillary-clinton/

People keep calling the Paris attacks a game-changer. Are they also a game-changer when it comes to the 2016 presidential race?

It's a wake-up call. I fully believe we're in a different kind of World War III. What ISIS has proven is that they're not only active in Syria and Iraq, but they're active in Europe. We can't afford the next president, basically the leader of the free world, to be an amateur that has done nothing other than missing votes, or a clown, to be making the decisions as to how to react.
Why do you think Hillary Clinton is the right person for the job?

You need to bring together a coalition of other countries under one tent. For people whom Paris is the Eiffel Tower and not much more, it's going to be difficult. Hillary knows and has interacted with all these people, she has excellent relationships with all these people, is very respected by all these people and has been in the trenches her whole life. She's also made of steel. She's absolutely made of steel and she will take no baloney from no ISIS.
Did she underestimate the instability in the region while she was secretary of state which, some have suggested, led to the birth of ISIS?

The first thing I would say is, the state of the world is not [the way it is] because of climate change [a reference to Bernie Sanders' claim during the second Democratic debate last week that climate change can lead to terror attacks].

You want someone in the White House that's not going to tell you, "Ah... if we had a better climate strategy, things would be better." The other thing to remember is that when the Syrian people started demonstrating in the streets, [Hillary] recommended to President Obama that he arm those people so that they can achieve their goal of democracy. President Obama chose differently, right or wrong, and now we are where we are.

Some critics have said that she's partly responsible for the ISIS mess because she voted to approve the war on Iraq. Is she?

She did vote to approve the war on Iraq. She said she made a mistake and, frankly, I watched when a very reliable, respected individual such as Colin Powell showed us tubes and semi-trailers and told us this is the beginning of nuclear weapons. It wasn't just President Bush who said that. It was very respected individuals telling us that on TV to the entire nation. And living with a nuclear Saddam Hussein was not an option. Based on the information we had back then, the vote for the war was the right vote. She apologized, but I don't think she should have. But that's easy for me to say. I'm sitting in Beverly Park.

What are people in Hollywood saying about the Paris terror attacks?

Many members of the Hollywood community are very liberal and they value their civil liberties more than they value life. I disagree with that. You want to be free and dead? I'd rather be not free and alive. The reality is that certain things that are unacceptable in times of peace -- such as profiling, listening in on anyone and everybody who looks suspicious, or interviewing Muslims in a more intense way than interviewing Christian refugees -- is all acceptable [during war]. Why? Because we value life more than our civil liberties and it's temporary until the problem goes away.

But to say this is shameful -- I disagree. [ISIS] said, 'We're going to Paris,' and they went to Paris. They're saying they're now going to Washington. Watch out, they might. I'm not suggesting we put Muslims through some kind of a torture room to get them to admit that they are or they're not terrorists. But I am saying we should have more scrutiny.

Do you think Hillary Clinton should change her position on allowing more Syrian refugees into the U.S. in the aftermath of the attacks in Paris?

I'm not in a position to tell you whether 10,000 or 65,000 or half a million is the right number. I don't have an opinion on that. But I do have an opinion on the scrutiny. Scrutinize every single individual. There is no data available from Syria. The country is completely in turmoil. It's all a judgment call of the person conducting the interview. So it's too dangerous.

Do you think the Paris attack will inadvertently help Hillary Clinton now that foreign affairs has become such a focal point in the campaign?

I do think it will help because she's the only one with the resume and the most qualified to deal with this.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2015, 10:57:55 PM11/20/15
On Friday, November 20, 2015 at 10:53:45 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> > http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
> >

> > "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton
> >

> Media mogul Haim Saban, one of Hillary Clinton's biggest backers in Hollywood, said that the U.S. should step up its scrutiny of Muslims in the wake of the deadly ISIS attacks in Paris.
>
> In a broad-ranging conversation about his support for the former secretary of state, the 71-year-old Israeli-American businessman and philanthropist said that some civil liberties may need to be suspended in times of war.
>
> "I'm not suggesting we put Muslims through some kind of a torture room to get them to admit that they are or they're not terrorists," he told TheWrap. "But I am saying we should have more scrutiny."
>
> TheWrap spoke to Saban about his support for the Democratic presidential frontrunner -- he and and his wife, Cheryl, gave $2 million to Priorities USA Action, Clinton's Super PAC, and hosted a fundraiser in May that netted another $2 million -- as well as how the Paris terror attacks could alter the 2016 presidential election as well as civil liberties.
>

> Hollywood Mogul Haim Saban Calls for 'More Scrutiny' of Muslims (Exclusive)
> Itay Hod on November 18, 2015
> https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-mogul-haim-saban-more-scrutiny-muslims-profiling-hillary-clinton/

Clinton: Trump's rhetoric on Muslims 'shocking'
By ELIZA COLLINS 11/20/15
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/hillary-clinton-trump-muslims-216101

Hillary Clinton condemned Donald Trump's call to require Muslims to register in a database, calling his idea "shocking."

"This is shocking rhetoric. It should be denounced by all seeking to lead this country. -H," she tweeted, linking to a New York Times story, quoting Trump as saying he'd "absolutely" require Muslims to do so.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 27, 2015, 1:36:34 PM11/27/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Does Hillary Clinton Have a Haim Saban Problem?
Ali Gharib November 27, 2015
http://forward.com/opinion/national/325490/does-hillary-clinton-have-a-haim-saban-problem/

Haim Saban, one of Hillary Clinton's top donors, may be aligned with the Democratic Party. But when it comes to Mideast politics, he's far from a progressive.

That doesn't set the billionaire Israeli-American entertainment magnate apart from many other Democrats -- see, for example, Sen. Chuck Schumer -- who are Israel and Mideast hawks, but take liberal stands on domestic issues.

Except Saban's top priority isn't a liberal vision of American life. It's Israel. And he makes no secret of that.

"I'm a one-issue guy, and my issue is Israel," Saban told the New Yorker in 2010.

Last week, Saban displayed a propensity all-too-common among right-leaning Israel advocates in the U.S.: a bit of anti-Muslim bigotry. In an interview, he rejected President Obama's declaration that a religious test for refugees was "shameful." Later, Saban, in a statement to the Washington Post, disavowed his push for a religious test and insisted that he "misspoke" -- a dubious claim, if you ask me, though he might've legitimately been sorry he opened his mouth about the hot-button issue.

Certainly Hillary Clinton's campaign couldn't have been pleased; that very day, Clinton had spoken out eloquently and forcefully against the American's right's ugly bigotries. "That is just not who were are," she said.

Yet Saban's original comments included more than just advocating a blanket policy that Muslim refugees deserved "more scrutiny." He also called for profiling and broader surveillance. He said civil liberties should be curtailed in a time of war--never mentioning that the U.S. seems to be locked in a never-ending war.

His disavowal did not speak to these points. Does Hillary Clinton think profiling is "who we are"? Does she think we ought to roll back civil liberties at home as we fight terrorism? Her campaign didn't say, merely pointing the Washington Post to her remarks last week.

All this might raise a question: If Saban is not so different than other hawkish pro-Israel Democrats on policies of national security and foreign policy, why are his comments so important?

The answer is that Hillary Clinton stands a good chance at becoming president and Saban is tremendously influential on her. His positions ought to worry us because they may indicate a different approach to Israel jus as many Americans are starting to understand what we risk by adopting unquestioning, robust support for a state that is turning sharply to the right--at a cost to both the U.S.'s bottom line and our moral standing.

That would be a step back for American liberals at just the moment when the national discourse on these issues is opening up.

The icy relationship between Saban and Obama might have had something to do with the billionaire's disappointment that Clinton, whom he had been a huge support of, was beaten in 2008. But it also reflected Obama's reluctance to tow the usual hawkish pro-Israel line. The New Yorker reported that Saban helped lobby Democrats to push Obama toward Mideast positions uncritical of Israel and was upset that Obama wouldn't pledge to "obliterate" Iran in response to an attack on Israel--as if the bluster made the policy.

Saban has himself shown some bluster when it comes to Iran. Last fall, Saban said that if Netanyahu found the Iran deal unsatisfactory, he should "bomb the living daylights out of these sons of bitches." Netanyahu, of course, came out swinging against the deal, but thankfully hasn't followed Saban's advice.

What's more, Saban himselfopposed the deal as well--though he later, again unconvincingly, walked back his denouncement of it. (Saban also hinted, based on, he claimed, conversations with Clinton, that she would oppose the deal. She forcefully endorsed it.) Does Saban still think that Israel should bomb Iran, despite the deal? We just don't know. Even that question mark should be troubling to American liberals.

On the Palestinian issue, Saban has for many years supported the notion of a two-state solution. But his formulations smack of the recognizable mantras of the Israel lobby: it's all the Palestinians' fault and Israel's mustn't be criticized, let alone suffer any costs for its bad behavior. Our national discourse has moved way beyond this approach, but national policy has only inched away from it. Only the ideologues of the pro-Israel movement fail to recognize it.

Saban's influence here on Clinton, too, could be detrimental to liberal efforts in the region. He joined forces, albeit briefly, with the GOP megadonor Sheldon Adelson to combat the BDS movement on college campuses. Clinton has pledged to help Saban's efforts on this front. One is left wondering how far she will go.
The Palestinian issue, Iran diplomacy and domestic policies relating to national security will no doubt loom large for the next president. On all these fronts, Saban has shown himself to be at best of an obsolete mindset and at worst at loggerheads with the aims of American liberals' aim.

It would be a shame if Clinton won the White House and took up his positions, undoing what progress has been made and dimming hopes that it ever will be.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 6:44:58 PM12/17/15
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton
>

> Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
> Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
> https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/
>

> LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis -- including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.

Why is Brookings Institution holding a secret panel to counter BDS?
Philip Weiss on December 17, 2015
http://mondoweiss.net/2015/12/brookings-institution-counter

Last June, Haim Saban and Sheldon Adelson held a secret summit in Las Vegas to come up with ways of fighting the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign on college campuses. They raised a reported $50 million to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cMUoCcUtFs

Well now that secret process seems to have moved on to far more influential turf, to Washington, D.C., and a leading liberal thinktank: last week the Brookings Institution held a secret panel on BDS, sponsored by Haim Saban. By all appearances, the intent of the panel was to counter the BDS campaign.

The panel took place during the weekend-long annual Saban Forum, which brings Israeli leaders and US leaders together to talk about "the future for Israelis and Palestinians"-without any Palestinians in attendance. The BDS panel was among many meetings December 4-6 not mentioned on the Saban Forum's public agenda.

On Saturday night, journalist Jeffrey Goldberg said at a public panel: "This morning at the BDS panel-" But he was promptly hushed.

"Which was off the record," a woman's voice says; and my guess is it's the same voice who just introduced Goldberg, Tamara Cofman Wittes, the leader of the conference.

Goldberg jokingly called the BDS panel the "Dimona" of panels, a reference to Israel's secret nuclear program, and reported on its dire mood:

"If the BDS panel took place, there would have been a feeling that the Israeli participant in the panel was the object of a lot of yearning and anxiety from some Americans who felt as if Israel was not paying sufficient attention to what's going on on campuses and beyond."

Goldberg wasn't the only journalist at the panel. Chemi Shalev of Haaretz was there and referred elliptically to it in print when he described the mood of the Saban forum as being one of "anxiety and anguish" on the part of Americans.

I asked Shalev why he had agreed to treat a newsworthy panel as off the record, and I said I found it unseemly that Brookings was performing an "AIPAC-like function" in fighting the BDS movement, and doing so in secret. He responded to me:

"The Saban inviters lay down the ground rules for the entire forum and one can either choose to accept and attend or reject and not attend. I chose the former... I don't agree with characterization of what was going on at Saban, re 'AIPAC like function'; in fact, I would say the opposite: criticism of Israeli government and deep frustration with its policies overwhelmingly outstripped praise or support, as I myself have written."

When I asked Shalev whether any supporter of BDS was on the panel, he declined to answer, but said my guess on that score was probably right. That means no one was advocating for BDS.

I wrote to Wittes, director of the Brookings Center for Middle East Policy, and to a Brookings spokesperson to ask who was on the panel and what its title was, and if any advocates for BDS were on the panel. Neither responded to my questions.

Brookings would surely defend the secret panel by saying it's part of a largely off-the-record conference among Israeli and American leaders. Shalev described the gathering in his article as a meeting of "[Haim] Saban's American contingent of Brookings scholars, former Democratic administration officials and members of Congress" and an "Israeli delegation of mainstream Israeli politicians, journalists and businessmen."

Americans should be asking why such a conference is taking place behind closed doors at a leading liberal thinktank- and why it's tackling BDS, which Israeli leaders have termed an "existential" threat to Israel.

The gathering is a reflection of the power of the Israel lobby in Washington. Saban is an ardent Zionist. Both Wittes and Goldberg referred affectionately to Israeli politicians Yitzhak Herzog and Avigdor Lieberman by their nicknames, "Boogie" and "Yvet."

What were they talking about at the BDS panel? In the Saban Forum transcript of Goldberg's public comments on Saturday night (the audio is a bit more inclusive), Goldberg brought up the BDS panel as evidence of the "pervasive unease on the part of many Americans" about Israel's conduct: "trying to warn their Israeli friends that a train is coming barreling down the tracks" and they're just standing there.

Many of those Americans are Jewish Zionists. Shalev reported that the American group at the conference were reassured by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's statement to the conference that he still favored the "two-state solution." That might be hypocritical, Shalev observed, but it's how the game works:

Armed with this facade, American Jews can lobby the administration to support Israel, protest against unwarranted bias in Europe and the United Nations, and, most importantly, look themselves in the mirror.

Brookings might defend a secret panel on BDS by pointing out that countless US politicians are opposing BDS. Many Republicans have come out against BDS. And in her speech to the Saban conference the day after the BDS panel, Hillary Clinton asserted -- laughably- that BDS is hurting the American ability to counter terrorism in the Middle East, because it is hurting our closest ally in the fight against extremism. She was surely pandering to Haim Saban. Clinton wrote a letter to Saban last summer that she promptly published, promising to work with Republican politicians to oppose BDS.

I find the whole matter unseemly. BDS is one of the chief threats to Israel, Netanyahu has said. So a leading liberal American thinktank is aligning itself with Israel on that battle? And if it is, why can't it do so openly? One can fairly ask if Saban's largesse is dictating the Brookings position, and that of the Democratic Party too.

alvey

Dec 17, 2015, 7:19:11 PM12/17/15
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:44:54 -0800 (PST), thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

Did you know that there's 25 ngs of alt.politics.us*?

alvey

thinbl...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 7:32:32 PM12/17/15

alvey

Dec 17, 2015, 7:40:27 PM12/17/15
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 16:32:27 -0800 (PST), thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:19:11 PM UTC-5, alvey wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:44:54 -0800 (PST), thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
>>

>> Did you know that there's 25 ngs of alt.politics.us*?
>>

>> alvey

snip irrelevant

So when people come crawling through the smoking ruins of usenet for some
chat about TV, what makes you think that they're at all interested in
American politics?

alvey

thinbl...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2015, 8:25:34 PM12/17/15
On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:40:27 PM UTC-5, alvey wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 16:32:27 -0800 (PST), thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:19:11 PM UTC-5, alvey wrote:
> >> On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:44:54 -0800 (PST), thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> snip irrelevant
>
> So when people come crawling through the smoking ruins of usenet for some
> chat about TV

Forty years ago in a CBS 60 Minutes interview with Mike Wallace, the Shah of Iran said the Israel Lobby had too much influence on the US Government and the President of the United States.
https://youtu.be/6kySR3fpa5s?t=34

Flashforward forty years to earlier this month, for the keynote address at the Saban Forum, Former Secretary of State and Democratic front-runner for President, Hillary Rodham Clinton made a Freudian slip in the question and answer period when she said,

"What I said and what I mean is that there will have to be consequences for any violation by Iran and that the *nuclear* option should not at all be taken off the table. That has been my position consistently."

https://youtu.be/VEbwCWyxFtY?t=3821

alvey

Dec 17, 2015, 11:46:09 PM12/17/15
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 17:25:29 -0800 (PST), thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:40:27 PM UTC-5, alvey wrote:

>> snip irrelevant
>>
>> So when people come crawling through the smoking ruins of usenet for some
>> chat about TV

snip childishness.

So why don't you post in an appropriate group?

alvey

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2016, 10:31:34 AM1/17/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

> Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
> Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
> https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/
>

> LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis -- including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.

Clinton calls for new sanctions on Iran
Bradford Richardson - 01/16/16
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/266173-clinton-calls-for-new-sanctions-on-iran

Hours after the U.S. dropped sanctions on Iran as part of the nuclear deal, Democratic primary front-runner Hillary Clinton called for new sanctions on the nation for its ballistic missile program.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2016, 1:39:04 PM1/19/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

HRW
https://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/report_pdf/israel0116_web.pdf

VS

HRC
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2158218-hillary-clintons-letter-to-haim-saban-against-bds.html

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2016, 2:25:43 AM1/21/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Ari Shapiro

My @HillaryClinton interview is airing in chunks today & tomorrow. If you just can't wait, here's the transcript:

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2016/01/20/2016-01-20-hillary-clinton-0115edit-69bd686eb9c87b07782c0ea720ad872546839aad-s800-c85.jpg

NPR's Interview With Hillary Clinton
January 20, 2016
http://www.npr.org/2016/01/20/463748438/transcript-nprs-interview-with-hillary-rodham-clinton
https://twitter.com/arishapiro/status/689956290366423042

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2016, 6:16:24 PM1/22/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton Seeks Neocon Shelter
January 22, 2016 By Robert Parry
https://consortiumnews.com/2016/01/22/hillary-clinton-seeks-neocon-shelter/

Special Report: Stunned by falling poll numbers, Hillary Clinton is hoping that Democrats will rally to her neocon-oriented foreign policy and break with Bernie Sanders as insufficiently devoted to Israel. But will that hawkish strategy work this time, asks Robert Parry.

In seeking to put Sen. Bernie Sanders on the defensive over his foreign policy positions, ex-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is embracing a neoconservative stance on the Middle East and gambling that her more hawkish approach will win over Democratic voters.

Losing ground in Iowa and New Hampshire in recent polls, the Clinton campaign has counterattacked against Sanders, targeting his sometimes muddled comments on the Mideast crisis, but Clinton's attack line suggests that Sanders isn't adequately committed to the positions of Israel's right-wing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his American neocon acolytes.

Clinton's strategy is to hit Sanders for seeking a gradual normalization of relations with Iran, while Clinton has opted for the neocon position of demonizing Iran and siding with Israel and its quiet alliance with Saudi Arabia and other Sunni states that share Israel's animosity toward Shiite-ruled Iran.

By attaching herself to this neocon approach of hyping every conceivable offense by Iran while largely excusing the human rights crimes of Israel, Saudi Arabia and the Sunni-run states, Clinton is betting that most Democratic voters share the neocon-dominated "group think" of Official Washington: "Iran-our-enemy, Israel/Saudi Arabia-our-friends."

She made similar calculations when she voted for and supported President George W. Bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq; when she sided with the neocons in pushing President Barack Obama to escalate the war in Afghanistan; and when she instigated "regime change" in Libya - all policies that had dubious and dangerous outcomes. But she seems to still believe that she will benefit politically if she continues siding with the neocons and their "liberal interventionist" side-kicks.

On Thursday, the Clinton campaign put Sanders's suggestion of eventual diplomatic relations with Iran in the context of his lack of ardor toward defending Israel.

"Normal relations with Iran right now?" said Jake Sullivan, the campaign's senior policy adviser. "President Obama doesn't support that idea. And it's not at all clear why it is that Senator Sanders is suggesting it. ... Many of you know Iran has pledged the destruction of Israel."

Actually, the Clinton campaign is mischaracterizing Sanders's position as expressed in last Sunday's debate. Sanders opposed immediate diplomatic relations with Tehran.

"Understanding that Iran's behavior in so many ways is something that we disagree with; their support of terrorism, the anti-American rhetoric that we're hearing from their leadership is something that is not acceptable," Sanders said. "Can I tell you that we should open an embassy in Tehran tomorrow? No, I don't think we should."

Standing with the Establishment

But the Clinton campaign's distortions aside, there is the question of whether or not the Democratic base has begun to reject Official Washington's whatever-Israel-wants orthodoxy.

Hillary Clinton seems to be betting that rank-and-file Democrats remain enthralled to Israel and afraid to challenge the powerful neocon propaganda machine that controls the U.S. establishment's foreign policy by dominating major op-ed pages, TV political chat shows and leading think tanks. The neocons also maintain close ties to the "liberal interventionists" who hold down key jobs in the Obama administration.

Clinton's gamble assumes that progressives and foreign-policy "realists" have failed to develop their own infrastructure for examining and debunking many of the neocon/liberal-hawk propaganda themes and thus any politician who deviates too far from those "group thinks" risks getting marginalized.

In other words, Clinton is counting on the establishment structure holding through Election 2016 despite the populist anger that is evident from the surge of support for democratic socialist Bernie Sanders on the left and for billionaire nativist Donald Trump on the right.

In effect, this election is asking American voters if they want incremental changes to the current system - represented by establishment candidates such as Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush - or if they want to shake the system up with insurgent candidates like Sanders and Trump.

Though most neocons are supporting Republican establishment candidates who have sworn allegiance to the Israeli/neocon cause, the likes of Sen. Marco Rubio, some prominent neocons have made clear that they would be happy with Hillary Clinton as president.

For instance, neocon superstar Robert Kagan told The New York Times in 2014 that he hoped that his neocon views - which he now prefers to call "liberal interventionist" - would prevail in a possible Hillary Clinton administration. After all, Secretary of State Clinton named Kagan to one of her State Department advisory boards and promoted his wife, neocon Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, who oversaw the provocative "regime change" in Ukraine in 2014.

According to the Times' article, Clinton "remains the vessel into which many interventionists are pouring their hopes."

Kagan is quoted as saying: "I feel comfortable with her on foreign policy. ... If she pursues a policy which we think she will pursue ... it's something that might have been called neocon, but clearly her supporters are not going to call it that; they are going to call it something else."

Though Clinton recently has sought to portray herself as an Obama loyalist - especially in South Carolina where she is counting on strong African-American support - she actually has adopted far more hawkish positions than the President, both when she was a senator and as Obama's first secretary of state.

'Team of Rivals' Debacle

Arguably, Obama's most fateful decision of his presidency occurred shortly after the 2008 election when he opted for the trendy idea of a "team of rivals" to run his foreign policy. He left Bush family loyalist Robert Gates as Secretary of Defense, retained a neocon-dominated senior officer corps led by the likes of Gen. David Petraeus, and picked hawkish Sen. Hillary Clinton to be Secretary of State. Thus, Obama never took control of his own foreign policy.

The troika of Clinton-Gates-Petraeus challenged Obama over his desire to wind down the Afghan War, bureaucratically mouse-trapping him into an ill-advised "surge" that accomplished little other than getting another 1,750 U.S. soldiers killed along with many more Afghans. Nearly three-quarters of the 2,380 U.S. soldiers who died in Afghanistan were killed on Obama's watch.

Ironically, it was Gates who shed the most light on Clinton's neocon-oriented positions in his memoir, Duty, written after he left the Pentagon in 2011. While generally flattering Clinton for her like-minded positions, Gates also portrays Clinton as a pedestrian foreign policy thinker who is easily duped and leans toward military solutions.

Indeed, for thoughtful and/or progressive Democrats, the prospect of a President Hillary Clinton could represent a step back from some of President Barack Obama's more innovative foreign policy strategies, particularly his readiness to cooperate with the Russians and Iranians to defuse Middle East tensions and his willingness to face down the Israel Lobby when it is pushing for heightened confrontations and war.

Based on her public record and Gates's insider account, Clinton could be expected to favor a neoconservative approach to the Mideast, one more in line with the dominant thinking of Official Washington and the belligerent dictates of Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/01/22/hillary-clinton-seeks-neocon-shelter/

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 8:38:19 PM1/25/16
The Clinton strategy on this front raises the risk of deterring powerful supporters of Israel from embracing Mr. Sanders should he capture the nomination." I would contend it's not just about deterring pro-Israel supporters in the general election, but also encouraging them to give donations to Clinton in the here and now. Clinton has made no secret of her courtship of the incredibly problematic megadonor Haim Saban.

The Saban angle is notable because of his own bluster on Iran--that Israel should "bomb the living daylights" out of Iran in spite of a nuclear accord, if Israel disagreed with the tenets of that accord. Of course, Israel and the vast majority of its stateside lobbyists did oppose the final deal, and so did Haim Saban.

Clinton is no stranger herself to this sort of bluster: In the 2008 presidential primary race, she remarked that her response to an Iranian nuclear attack on Israel would be to "obliterate" the country of nearly 80 million people.

Why Is Hillary Clinton Using Republican Talking Points to Attack Bernie Sanders?
In a troubling failure of imagination, her campaign paints Sanders as naive for wanting to pursue better relations with Iran.
By Ali Gharib 2016-01-25
http://www.thenation.com/article/why-is-hillary-clinton-using-republican-talking-points-to-attack-bernie-sanders/

thinbl...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2016, 1:23:04 PM2/6/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Hillary's controversial American-Israeli supporter: Here's who's contributing to her Super PAC
SARAH LAZARE, ALTERNET SATURDAY, FEB 6, 2016
http://www.salon.com/2016/02/06/hillarys_controversial_american_israeli_supporter_heres_whos_contributing_to_her_super_pac_partner/

Recent disclosures show media mogul and controversial Israel supporter Haim Saban is pouring millions of dollars into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's presidential bid.

Haim Saban and his wife Cheryl together contributed $5 million to the Hillary Clinton Super PAC--Priorities USA Action--between 2015 and 2016 alone, according to disclosures available on OpenSecrets.org, affiliated with the Center for Responsive Politics.

While the contributions are not surprising from long-time Clinton-backers, $3 million of them notably poured in after the presidential hopeful authored a letter to Haim Saban in July of 2015, seeking advice on "how we can work together" to defeat the growing movement to Boycott, Divest from, and Sanction (BDS) Israel.

In the note, Clinton touted her record of defending Israel "at every turn," including her obstruction of efforts to hold Israel accountable for war crimes. "I have opposed dozens of anti-Israel resolutions at the UN, the Human Rights Council, and other International organizations," she wrote.

"I condemned the biased Goldstone Report, making it clear that Israel must be allowed to defend itself like any other country," Clinton continued, referencing a United Nations fact-finding mission into Israel's December 2008 to January 2009 military assault on Gaza that killed more than 1,400 Palestinians.

"I know you agree that we need to make countering BDS a priority," Clinton continued in the letter, which was released by Saban to the press.

Palestinian civil society organizations issued the call for BDS in 2005, seeking global backing for their efforts to win human rights and self-determination using tactics similar to those employed to transform apartheid South Africa.

The movement's growing power has attracted fierce blowback, including from Saban, co-owner and chairman of Univision and one of the top donors to the Democratic party under both the Obama and Clinton administrations. The Sabans' newly-disclosed contributions to Priorities USA Action are nothing new, as the couple has shelled out at least $10 million of their own money to the Clinton Foundation, and Cheryl sits on the institution's board.

Saban has been open about his singular political motive, telling the New Yorker in 2010, "I'm a one-issue guy, and my issue is Israel." He and Republican mega-donor Sheldon Adelson once even weighed the possibility of buying the New York Times, which they dubiously claimed was too hostile to Israel. Saban has funneled his fortune into building up the Democratic National Committee headquarters, as well as the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at the Brooking's Institute.

As journalist Nora Barrows-Friedman noted in September, Saban joined forces with Sheldon Adelson to pour millions of dollars into pro pro-Israel organizations at U.S. universities with the "explicit intent of suppressing Palestine rights-based organizing." Saban has since pulled from the joint campaign with Adelson and redirected his focus to getting Clinton elected, as AlterNet's Max Blumenthal and Julia Carmel reported in October.

The latest disclosures indicate Saban is sparing no expense in his efforts to secure Clinton the presidency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-_B4hIivc

thinbl...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2016, 3:48:35 PM2/7/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

The Worst Best Friend: Why Hillary Clinton Will Not Be Good for Israel in the Long Term
Asher Schechter Feb 05, 2016
http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.701604

The word among liberal American Jews seems to be that of the remaining presidential candidates, Hillary Clinton will be the "best" U.S. president for Israel. That is, the best suited to defend Israel's interests in the long term.
At least, that's what I keep hearing, even from rabid Bernie Sanders followers.

Clinton's experienced, the argument goes; she knows Benjamin Netanyahu so well she can probably tell you all his poker tells - he won't be able to fool her; she's a two-state believer (unlike those GOP kooks) but most of all, she's an unreserved defender of Israel, first and foremost.

Her support for Israel is so undisputed that even the recently-released private emails where her aides advised her to be more hostile to Israel couldn't shake her pro-Israel credentials.

This, of course, is the message that the Clinton campaign wishes to convey to Israel supporters and rich Jewish donors: that after nearly eight years of deterioration in U.S.-Israel relations, a Clinton White House will "reaffirm the unbreakable bonds of friendship and unity between the two nations.

Netanyahu, a bitter rival of the Obama administration, will be invited to the White House on Clinton's "first month in office," she promises - implying that Hillary will be a better friend to Israel than Obama.

Allow me to disagree. Hillary Clinton as president will probably not be good for Israel's long-term interests, despite her unwavering support for Israel - in fact, precisely because of it.

For nearly 20 years, Clinton has never allowed herself to be truly critical of Israel, despite Israel's descent into an increasingly undemocratic ethnocracy. In that, she has enabled and even encouraged self-destructive behaviors and elements that have effectively killed the two-state solution, and are now threatening Israel's security and democracy.

To put it simply, she is too good of a friend, which makes her not a friend at all.

The great legitimizer

In July 2014, as the latest war between Israel and Hamas was raging in Gaza, Clinton appeared as a guest on the Daily Show. After discussing her presidential aspirations and the heft of her book "Hard Choices," Jon Stewart (still the host then) turned the conversation to Gaza.

"Can we at least agree that the humanitarian crisis in Gaza is overwhelming and that the world must do more for the people who are trapped by this conflict?" asked Stewart . But Clinton was having none of that. Palestinians, she said, are "trapped by their leadership." As people around the world and within Israel were shocked by Israel's disproportionate show of force in Gaza, Clinton saw no reason to criticize Israel. The blame, she insisted, lay solely with Hamas.

Then in an interview with The Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg shortly after her Daily Show appearance, Clinton again rushed to Israel's defense, backing Israel's continued military presence in the West Bank, and even blamed anti-Semitism as an "important motivating factor" behind criticisms of Israel.
Sound familiar? Much the same had been said by Benjamin Netanyahu and other right-wing Israeli politicians, to deflect criticisms leveled at their policies.

In a telling piece published in Haaretz, Peter Beinart outlined Clinton's transformation from a pro-Palestinian First Lady to a pandering politician so eager to please hawkish Jewish donors that she often finds herself defending policies that are globally considered indefensible, ignores the plight of Palestinians, and frequently adopts right-wing talking points as her own. These days, she sounds less like Obama when it comes to Israel and more like Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio. (Which makes sense, of course, considering that these three share the same foreign policy advisers).

Ever since she first ran for office in 2000, Clinton has maintained an adamantly uncritical line regarding Israel. By focusing exclusively on the blame of Palestinians, effectively absolving Israel of any wrongdoing, she has inadvertently aligned herself with the camp that says that all is good, and there is no reason to criticize Israel: Israel's right. Politicians like Clinton, who automatically jump to Israel's defense and cry anti-Semitism whenever Israel's conduct is portrayed negatively, are a great legitimizing tool for the right-wing's anti-democratic policies.

Clinton is widely seen as "better" for Israel, because she never challenges it, but Israel, let's face it, needs to be challenged. In the past few years, it has been barreling down toward a de facto apartheid state, with little to no American resistance. It needs a US president who can be far more critical than Clinton seems likely to ever allow herself to be.

http://docdro.id/VYKdjaI

thinbl...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2016, 2:43:36 PM3/21/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda

> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton gets to Donald Trump's right on Israel
By Paul Waldman March 21, 2016
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/03/21/hillary-clinton-gets-to-donald-trumps-right-on-israel/

Hillary Clinton spoke before the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) this morning, and she spent some time arguing against Donald Trump, who will be speaking to the group tonight. What was striking is how Clinton positioned herself to Trump's right on the issue of Israel and the Palestinians.

Before we get to what she said, I have to admit that as someone who's conflicted or maybe despairing on the subject of Israel (if you're curious, you can read some of my thoughts on the topic of liberal American Jews and Israel here), there's a part of me that thinks no one who claims to be a progressive should speak at AIPAC unless it's to take them to task. Bernie Sanders could have done that, but he declined their invitation. In The group long ago ceased to be what it claims to be -- an advocate for Israel -- and became an advocate for one political faction in Israel, the Likud.

Nevertheless, the closest thing we have to a debate on the subject of Israel, particularly in a presidential campaign, is which candidate is more purely "pro-Israel." And if you don't go to AIPAC, you'll be accused of being "anti-Israel." But the very idea is the enemy of rational thought. For instance, is it "pro-Israel" to support the continued building of settlements in the West Bank? Benjamin Netanyahu thinks so; Israeli liberals disagree, as do many other people. It's no less absurd to say that whatever Netanyahu thinks about anything is "pro-Israel" than it would be to say that cutting taxes or repealing the Affordable Care Act is "pro-America" while the opposite position is "anti-America." That's not to mention the fact that we don't talk about any other country that way. I'm sure many American conservatives disagree with some of the policies Justin Trudeau's liberal government is enacting, but that doesn't make them "anti-Canada," any more than it makes American liberals "anti-Britain" when they disagree with David Cameron.

In any case, every politician knows what they have to do when it comes to AIPAC: go to the conference, talk about the times you've visited the Holy Land, wax rhapsodic about the deep connection between our two countries, say that when you're elected the bond between us will be stronger than ever, and make sure everyone knows that you're as "pro-Israel" as you could possibly be.

There has been a shift recently, however. For many years, everyone paid lip service to the idea that a two-state solution, with Palestinians eventually freed from Israeli occupation and left to govern themselves, was what we all wanted. The difference was that Democrats usually meant it, and many Republicans didn't. These days, many Republicans no longer pretend that the Palestinians deserve self-government, or any rights at all. Ask them about a two-state solution, and they'll just talk about how Palestinians are terrorists.

Clinton's brief discussion of this issue in her speech can only be described as half-hearted:

"It may be difficult to imagine progress in this current climate when many Israelis doubt that a willing and capable partner for peace even exists. But inaction cannot be an option. Israelis deserve a secure homeland for the Jewish people. Palestinians should be able to govern themselves in their own state, in peace and dignity. And only a negotiated two-state agreement can survive those outcomes."

What she failed to mention is that the current government of Israel isn't a "willing partner" to negotiations either. Just before he got reelected last March, Prime Minister Netanyahu made explicit what everyone already knew, that there will never be a Palestinian state on his watch. And in her entire speech, the closest Clinton got to a criticism of the Israeli government was this line: "Everyone has to do their part by avoiding damaging actions, including with respect to settlements." If you were her speechwriter, that's about what you'd come up with if she told you, "Put the word 'settlements' in there somewhere just so I can say I mentioned it, but make it so vague that it doesn't actually sound like I'm taking any position at all."

Clinton also came out forcefully against the BDS movement (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions), which seeks to exert pressure on Israel to change its policies toward the Palestinians. I'm not going to wade into the debate over BDS, but it was striking that Clinton took what is essentially the position of maximal opposition to BDS: not that it has legitimate arguments to make even if it often takes them too far, or that the movement tolerates anti-Semites within its ranks, or that people within it are starting from liberal values and thus might be persuaded to agree with someone like her, but that the entire thing is anti-Semitic and therefore must simply be fought:

"Many of the young people here today are on the front lines of the battle to oppose the alarming boycott, divestment and sanctions movement known as BDS.

"Particularly at a time when anti-Semitism is on the rise across the world, especially in Europe, we must repudiate all efforts to malign, isolate and undermine Israel and the Jewish people.

"I've been sounding the alarm for a while now. As I wrote last year in a letter to the heads of major American Jewish organizations, we have to be united in fighting back against BDS."

And she took on Trump for saying in February that when it comes to negotiations between the two sides, he would attempt to be "neutral." His opponents in the Republican primaries have gotten a lot of mileage out of that one word, and Clinton used it against him as well: "Yes, we need steady hands, not a president who says he's neutral on Monday, pro-Israel on Tuesday, and who knows what on Wednesday, because everything's negotiable."

In Trump's defense (yes, I just wrote those words), when this subject comes up he'll say as loudly as anyone else how "pro-Israel" he is, but when he used that term he was talking about being an arbiter in negotiations. And he's forthright in saying it's basically a ruse. "I would like to at least have the other side think I'm somewhat neutral as to them, so that we can maybe get a deal done," he said at the last debate. "I think it's probably the toughest negotiation of all time. But maybe we can get a deal done."

I'm sure that just like on every other policy issue, it would be generous to call Trump's understanding of Israeli-Palestinian conflict superficial (though you have to give him some credit for acknowledging that even his super-human powers of negotiation might not be able to break the impasse). Clinton, on the other hand, probably knows that just like every other president who has tried, she won't be able to move the two parties toward a real and permanent resolution. And let's be honest: she's unlikely to pay any real price for having nothing to say on Israel that is at all encouraging to anyone who wants a lasting peace. Maybe that's just being realistic. But it's still nothing to cheer about.

thinbl...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2016, 5:21:27 PM3/24/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton Email Archive

NEW IRAN AND SYRIA 2.DOC

From: To: Date: 2000-12-31 22:00 Subject: NEW IRAN AND SYRIA 2.DOC

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05794498 Date: 11/30/2015 RELEASE IN FULL

The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad.

Negotiations to limit Iran's nuclear program will not solve Israel's security dilemma. Nor will they stop Iran from improving the crucial part of any nuclear weapons program -- the capability to enrich uranium. At best, the talks between the world's major powers and Iran that began in Istanbul this April and will continue in Baghdad in May will enable Israel to postpone by a few months a decision whether to launch an attack on Iran that could provoke a major Mideast war. Iran's nuclear program and Syria's civil war may seem unconnected, but they are.

For Israeli leaders, the real threat from a nuclear-armed Iran is not the prospect of an insane Iranian leader launching an unprovoked Iranian nuclear attack on Israel that would lead to the annihilation of both countries.

What Israeli military leaders really worry about -- but cannot talk about -- is losing their nuclear monopoly.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/293/DOC_0C05794498/C05794498.pdf
https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328#source

la.kosher....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2016, 2:16:27 PM3/27/16
+1

thinbl...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2016, 9:40:48 PM4/12/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda

> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

NEW YORK PRIMARY: "Signaling to Jewish voters that she would be more openly supportive of Israel and tougher on Iran than President Obama, Hillary Clinton told The Jewish Week in an exclusive interview that "it is unfair to put the onus on Israel" for the lack of progress on the Mideast peace front. And she asserted that "Iran should be sanctioned" for the recent launch of missiles Tehran says were designed to be able to hit the Jewish state, something the administration has not been prepared to do."

"As for Sanders' views on the Mideast, she said, "his comments will have to be read and evaluated by readers." She emphasized that she believes "national security is of vital importance," and pointed out that Sanders chose not to go to Washington to address the AIPAC policy conference."

"Asked how having a Jewish son-in-law and, according to religiously liberal Jews, a potentially Jewish granddaughter, has had an effect on her family's dynamics, Clinton said her son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky, is "wonderful," and that he and her daughter, Chelsea, are "very thoughtful and concerned parents" who "respect each other's faith and support each other." "Over the years I have learned to accept positions that responsible adults make," she continued, regarding interfaith marriage. "As a person of faith ... I believe it is a great loss for people not to be exposed to teachings in the Judeo-Christian traditions."

Distancing Herself From Obama, Clinton Embraces Israeli Views
04/11/16 Gary Rosenblatt
http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/national/distancing-herself-obama-clinton-embraces-israeli-views

---------------

thinbl...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2016, 3:55:48 PM4/14/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

AMY GOODMAN: And Hillary Clinton right now, where she stands, and your view on that, on the Israel-Palestine conflict?

JOEL BEININ: She's awful. I mean, you heard in the clip, "Israel didn't go looking for this." Well, that's not the historical record. Israel in fact provoked Hamas into the firing of the rockets. It's not the first time that Israel has provoked Hamas into firing rockets after a period of relative quiet. The testimony of Israeli soldiers who gave evidence to breaking the silence say that Israel used an insane amount of violence and firepower in invading Gaza, and that the levels of destruction of civilian infrastructure was insane. That's very different than what Hillary Clinton is saying.

AMY GOODMAN: You wrote a letter to Senator Sanders?

JOEL BEININ: Yes. What I tried to do was to say, "OK, great that you're against the influence of billionaires in American politics. You talk primarily about domestic politics, and I agree with all of that. But there's also a very pernicious influence of billionaires in foreign policy, and perhaps nowhere more so than Israel-Palestine." Sheldon Adelson, the Adelson primary, all the Republican candidates traipsed to Las Vegas to get his endorsement. And on the Democratic side, Haim Saban is a huge contributor both to Hillary Clinton's current campaign and to past campaigns of Bill Clinton and to the Clinton Foundation. And both of them are single-issue people. They care only about Israel. Haim Saban said he's prepared to spend whatever it takes to get Hillary Clinton elected president. And the policies that Hillary Clinton advocates, as we heard in the clip, reflect Haim Saban's views.

As Clinton Backs Closer U.S.-Israel Ties, Sanders Criticizes Settlements & 2014 Assault on Gaza
APRIL 14, 2016
http://www.democracynow.org/2016/4/14/as_clinton_backs_closer_us_israel

thinbl...@gmail.com

May 10, 2016, 12:04:14 AM5/10/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Jewish leaders look to Hillary Clinton for help -- with Methodists
EVAN HALPER 2016-05-09
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trailguide-05092016-jewish-leaders-look-to-hillary-clinton-for-help-1462830927-htmlstory.html

Supporters of Israel eager to stop the United Methodist Church from endorsing a boycott of some companies that do business with the Jewish state have sought help from one of the world's best known Methodists, Hillary Clinton.

In a letter to Clinton, the Jewish Federations of North America asked for her help slowing the momentum of the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement, or BDS. At its General Conference, which starts tomorrow in Portland, Ore., the church will be weighing whether to endorse the call for a boycott plan.

Over the last two years, both the United Church of Christ and the Presbyterian Church (USA) have endorsed BDS campaigns, as have numerous church and civic groups in Europe.

Clinton has previously suggested anti-Semitism has been a factor in BDS resolutions. The proposals that the Methodists will consider call for divestment from companies including Hewlett-Packard and Caterpillar, which Palestinian activists charge are working with the Israeli military to secure settlements in the West Bank.

The former secretary of State made no promise to intervene at the Methodist conference, which convenes once every four years and is the church's highest-level decision-making body.

But in a detailed letter to the Jewish Federation, she restated her opposition to the BDS campaign, declaring it "seeks to punish Israel and dictate how the Israelis and Palestinians should resolve core issues of their conflict. That is not the path to peace."

Clinton's Democratic rival, Sen. Bernie Sanders, has been more critical of Israel during the race. But he has stopped short of supporting the BDS campaign. In March, Sanders said on MSNBC that he agreed with Clinton's assertion that some supporters of the BDS campaign are motivated by anti-Semitism.

thinbl...@gmail.com

May 20, 2016, 2:40:08 PM5/20/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Clinton aides have said that on a slew of issues, Sanders is not far from the party. But the issue of U.S. policy toward Israel — which a Sanders adviser said “absolutely, legitimately will be a point of conversation” — has made some of Clinton’s backers nervous.

Sanders is seeking a more “even-handed” U.S. approach to Israeli occupation of land Palestinians claim for a future state. The current platform does not address the nearly five-decade occupation directly, but it endorses “a just and lasting Israeli-Palestinian accord, producing two states for two peoples.”

Speaking last month said that Israel’s 2014 military assault on the Gaza Strip was “disproportionate” to the threat posed by Hamas rockets launched from the Palestinian territory into Israel.

Behind his words is a long debate among U.S. and international policymakers — one that divides the Democratic base and could pose a challenge for Clinton when she must bring her party together: how to weigh Palestinian interests when dealing with Israel, and whether resolute U.S. backing for Israel diminishes leverage to promote peace and fair treatment of Palestinians.

“But in the context of the campaign terms like ‘even-handed’ can come to mean that the United States is signaling a shift” — and Clinton would oppose that.

DNC to offer Sanders a convention concession
Abby Phillip and Anne Gearan May 19
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/dnc-to-offer-sanders-a-convention-concession/2016/05/19/99706b54-1df4-11e6-8c7b-6931e66333e7_story.html

--------------

Dean defends Middle East remarks
Thursday, September 11, 2003
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/09/10/elec04.prez.dean.mideast/

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Under fire for saying that the United States should be even-handed in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute, 2004 Democratic presidential front-runner Howard Dean Wednesday said he would not abandon the long-standing policy of strong U.S. support for Israel.

The former Vermont governor said criticism of his remarks by presidential rival Sen. Joseph Lieberman was a "despicable" attempt to divide the Democratic Party, which has long enjoyed the support of many Jewish voters.

"We do have a special relationship with Israel. We would defend Israel if necessary. I think that is well-known," he told CNN. "However, we are also the only country capable of bringing peace to the Middle East, and when we sit at the negotiating table, we do have to have the trust of both sides or we will never succeed."

Lieberman kept up the pressure Wednesday in a speech to the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

"When you start to say that America shouldn't take sides in the Israeli-Palestinian dispute, that's a break in more than half a century of the American foreign policies carried out by presidents of both parties, and it's very harmful," he said.

thinbl...@gmail.com

May 26, 2016, 2:04:43 PM5/26/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Front-page play for Israel battle shows that Israel has lost the Democratic Party base
Philip Weiss on May 26, 2016
http://mondoweiss.net/2016/05/israel-battle-democratic/

The big news today is that the split inside the Democratic Party over Israel is at last front-page news in the New York Times. The schmattes we’ve been trying to sell on this site for the last six or seven years are suddenly in fashion. The battle we’ve predicted inside the Democratic Party in 2016 is coming to pass. Write Jason Horowitz and Maggie Haberman:

A bitter divide over the Middle East could threaten Democratic Party unity as representatives of Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont vowed to upend what they see as the party’s lopsided support of Israel.

The other big news is that the Times exposed its bias, and tried to scare people about those Israel-despising radicals in the Democratic Party, by putting the word “occupation” in quotations, and then got busted for it by Adam Johnson and Annie Robbins and Max Blumenthal among others on twitter — and the Times then took the quotation marks off “occupation” without any explanation.

James North reports that his paper-and-ink edition of the story still includes those quotation marks — and he’s looking forward to the Times explaining the correction, per its own policy. It is a fact that Israel maintains an occupation, he says. Putting it in scare quotes makes it into an allegation. It’s like putting “pogroms” into quotation marks. When are we going to see a correction and explanation?

The article also casts Hillary Clinton as a moderate on the Israel question and Bernie Sanders’s platform surrogates Cornel West and James Zogby as marginal figures. The Israel lobby was given plenty space by the Times to wag its chin over Sanders’s anti-establishment approach to the issue:

In a statement on Wednesday, Jake Sullivan, Mrs. Clinton’s chief foreign policy adviser, indicated that her appointees to the platform committee would resist Mr. Sanders’s attempt to shift the center of gravity on the Israel debate.

“Hillary Clinton’s views on Israel and the U.S.-Israel relationship are well documented, and she’s confident that her delegates will work to ensure that the party platform reflects them,” Mr. Sullivan said.

The reaction was less reserved among those who champion a more traditional and full-throated support for Israel. Malcolm Hoenlein, the executive vice chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, said he found the inclusion of Dr. West on the committee “disturbing.” He said that the presence of other representatives of Mr. Sanders on the platform committee, including Representative Keith Ellison of Minnesota, a Muslim who has supported the rights of Palestinians, raised concerns that the party could “adopt positions that could be seen as hostile to Israel.”

“For us, the concern is that it legitimizes and potentially puts into a major party platform” a point of view “that undermines the principles of the Israeli-U.S. relationship that have been bipartisan for decades,” Mr. Hoenlein said.

The Democratic Party is lost to Israel forever– that’s the news in the Times today, as interpreted by Yakov Hirsch. Some Republicans are turning against the neoconservatives, and the Democrats are finally talking about Israel support openly, and this issue is like same-sex marriage, the politics move in one direction. We are going to see a major faultline at the Philadelphia convention between big money and the grass roots, between a reactionary establishment that needs to hold the party for Israel so as to maintain its funding sources and the Sanders base, which reflects the growing constituency in the country that is sympathetic to Palestinians. The Democratic Party has fought this split for years and been able to maintain a PEP position– progressive except Palestine; but that line is at last going to collapse, as it began to at the last convention, when there was a floor demonstration against calling Jerusalem Israel’s capital, and President Obama beat the grassroots down because he was worried about fundraising.

The line has collapsed because of economic conditions: because Sanders was able to raise his money on the internet at an average of $27 a pop. Now that is revolutionary! The secret is out that Hillary Clinton adopted pro-Israel positions so as to please big Jewish Zionist donors, who exercise a “gigantic” and “shocking” level of influence over politicians’ views, according to mainstream experts.

Let’s review Clinton’s speech to AIPAC in March about taking the Israel relationship to “the next level.” Read these lines and consider how the progressive Democratic base looks on them:

// CLINTON ON

The United States and Israel must be closer than ever, stronger than ever and more determined than ever to prevail against our common adversaries and to advance our shared values.

This is especially true at a time when Israel faces brutal terrorist stabbings, shootings and vehicle attacks at home. Parents worry about letting their children walk down the street. Families live in fear….

And Palestinian leaders need to stop inciting violence, stop celebrating terrorists as martyrs and stop paying rewards to their families.

// CLINTON OFF

Nothing about Israeli violence against Palestinians! She wants to go to the next level and give Israel even more money:

// CLINTON ON

Because we understand the threat Israel faces we know we can never take for granted the strength of our alliance or the success of our efforts. Today, Americans and Israelis face momentous choices that will shape the future of our relationship and of both our nations. The first choice is this: are we prepared to take the U.S./Israel alliance to the next level?

Indeed, at a time of unprecedented chaos and conflict in the region, America needs an Israel strong enough to deter and defend against its enemies, strong enough to work with us to tackle shared challenges and strong enough to take bold steps in the pursuit of peace.

That’s why I believe we must take our alliance to the next level. I hope a new 10-year defense memorandum of understanding is concluded as soon as possible to meet Israel’s security needs far into the future.

That will also send a clear message to Israel’s enemies that the United States and Israel stand together united.

// CLINTON OFF

She warns about “terrorist” attacks and then promises to bring Netanyahu to the White House during her first month, and praises Israel as a startup nation:

// CLINTON ON

One of the first things I’ll do in office is invite the Israeli prime minister to visit the White House…

Let’s also expand our collaboration beyond security. Together, we can build an even more vibrant culture of innovation that tightens the links between Silicon Valley and Israeli tech companies and entrepreneurs.

There is much Americans can learn from Israel, from cybersecurity to energy security to water security and just on an everyday people- to-people level.

// CLINTON OFF

Here she says that BDS boycott, divestment and sanctions movement is anti-Semitic and she’s going to fight it, as she’s promised her megadonor Haim Saban:

// CLINTON ON

Many of the young people here today are on the front lines of the battle to oppose the alarming boycott, divestment and sanctions movement known as BDS.

Particularly at a time when anti-Semitism is on the rise across the world, especially in Europe, we must repudiate all efforts to malign, isolate and undermine Israel and the Jewish people.

I’ve been sounding the alarm for a while now. As I wrote last year in a letter to the heads of major American Jewish organizations, we have to be united in fighting back against BDS. Many of its proponents have demonized Israeli scientists and intellectuals, even students.

To all the college students who may have encountered this on campus, I hope you stay strong. Keep speaking out. Don’t let anyone silence you, bully you or try to shut down debate, especially in places of learning like colleges and universities.

Anti-Semitism has no place in any civilized society, not in America, not in Europe, not anywhere.

// CLINTON OFF

Here she talks more about the Israeli victims of terrorism– nothing about Palestinians– and says Donald Trump has no business being president because he doesn’t support Israel enough:

// CLINTON ON

Yes, we need steady hands, not a president who says he’s neutral on Monday, pro-Israel on Tuesday, and who knows what on Wednesday, because everything’s negotiable.Well, my friends, Israel’s security is non-negotiable.

I have sat in Israeli hospital rooms holding the hands of men and women whose bodies and lives were torn apart by terrorist bombs. I’ve listened to doctors describe the shrapnel left in a leg, an arm or even a head.

That’s why I feel so strongly that America can’t ever be neutral when it comes to Israel’s security or survival. We can’t be neutral when rockets rain down on residential neighborhoods, when civilians are stabbed in the street, when suicide bombers target the innocent. Some things aren’t negotiable.

And anyone who doesn’t understand that has no business being our president.

// CLINTON OFF

She then goes after Iran for a while, distancing herself from the Iran deal. Then this is her only criticism of Israeli government, as a passing vague statement:

// CLINTON ON

Everyone has to do their part by avoiding damaging actions, including with respect to settlements.

// CLINTON OFF

“With respect to settlements.” I have no idea what that means.

Had enough? The Democratic base has too.

------------------

// CLINTON ON

I'm Special - Hillary 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlG0L28NNXQ

thinbl...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2016, 5:20:13 AM10/29/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton
>

> Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
> Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
> https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/

2006 Audio Emerges of Hillary Clinton Proposing Rigging Palestine Election
Unearthed tape: 'We should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win'
By Ken Kurson • 10/28/16
http://observer.com/2016/10/2006-audio-emerges-of-hillary-clinton-proposing-rigging-palestine-election/

On September 5, 2006, Eli Chomsky was an editor and staff writer for the Jewish Press, and Hillary Clinton was running for a shoo-in re-election as a U.S. senator. Her trip making the rounds of editorial boards brought her to Brooklyn to meet the editorial board of the Jewish Press.

The tape was never released and has only been heard by the small handful of Jewish Press staffers in the room. According to Chomsky, his old-school audiocassette is the only existent copy and no one has heard it since 2006, until today when he played it for the Observer.

The tape is 45 minutes and contains much that is no longer relevant, such as analysis of the re-election battle that Sen. Joe Lieberman was then facing in Connecticut. But a seemingly throwaway remark about elections in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority has taken on new relevance amid persistent accusations in the presidential campaign by Clinton’s Republican opponent Donald Trump that the current election is “rigged.”

Speaking to the Jewish Press about the January 25, 2006, election for the second Palestinian Legislative Council (the legislature of the Palestinian National Authority), Clinton weighed in about the result, which was a resounding victory for Hamas (74 seats) over the U.S.-preferred Fatah (45 seats).

“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”

---------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2016, 8:30:37 AM11/2/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton
>

> Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
> Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
> https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/
>

> LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis -- including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.
>
> The emails also provide crucial context for understanding CAP's controversial decision to host an event next week for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That event, billed by CAP as "A Conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," will feature CAP President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu together in a Q&A session as they explore "ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States." That a group whose core mission is loyalty to the White House and the Democratic Party would roll out the red carpet for a hostile Obama nemesis is bizarre, for reasons the Huffington Post laid out when it reported on the controversy provoked by CAP's invitation.

Podesta Calls @theintercept an "Edward @Snowden gang" after reporting on Clinton's ties to Israel, AIPAC & war

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/34686#efmAAGAAm

--------------

"The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad." - HRC

White Shirt, Blue Tie - Yes We Know
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2K2dHJ8kGHE/lnTMY4rVJgAJ

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2016, 9:03:52 PM11/6/16
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

Obama’s Last Stand Against War on Syria
November 4, 2016 By Joe Lauria
https://consortiumnews.com/2016/11/04/obamas-last-stand-against-war-on-syria/

Exclusive: For five years, President Obama has resisted neocon/liberal-interventionist pressure to go to war against Syria, but – as his departure grows near – the hawks see more “regime change” wars coming into view

Through five years of war in Syria, President Obama has been in a constant internal struggle with hawks in his administration who want the U.S. to directly intervene militarily to overthrow the Syrian government.

On at least four occasions Obama has stood up to them, although at other times he has compromised and gone half way toward the hawkish position. Now, with less than three months to go in office, Obama appears to be leaving his Syria policy to those aligned with the lead hawk who might soon take Obama’s place.

As Secretary of State until early 2013, Hillary Clinton failed to convince Obama to consistently take a tough line on Syria. She wanted him to realize her two main policies, which she still clings to: a “safe zone” on the ground and a “no-fly zone” in the air – meaning that Syrian government forces and their allies, including the Russians, would be barred from operating in those areas.

Protected by U.S. air power and other military means, rebels seeking to oust Syrian President Bashar al-Assad would, in effect, have an untouchable staging area to launch attacks on the government without its ability to hit back. Clinton has called removing Assad a top foreign policy priority.

-------------

"What I said and what I mean is that there will have to be consequences for any violation by Iran and that the *nuclear* option should not at all be taken off the table. That has been my position consistently."
https://youtu.be/VEbwCWyxFtY?t=3821

The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad.
https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328

TAGS: Hillary, Clinton, bitch, better, have, my, money

thinbl...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 9:06:52 PM1/20/17
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.arts.tv/2LpApm5S9kA/-tJOYZv0AwAJ

> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

The Symbolism of Hillary Clinton Wearing Purple During Her Concession Speech
There were many guesses as to what the choice meant, but the common thread is unity.
by KENZIE BRYANT NOVEMBER 9, 2016
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2016/11/hillary-clinton-purple-concession-speech

Why Hillary Clinton Wore White To Donald Trump's Inauguration
The color of suffragists.
January 20, 2017 By Neha Prakash
http://www.self.com/story/hillary-clinton-wore-white

Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

"Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton

---------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cr_apcZkpY

thinbl...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2019, 12:23:13 PM12/7/19
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton
>

> Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
> Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
> https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/
>

> LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis -- including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.
>
> The emails also provide crucial context for understanding CAP's controversial decision to host an event next week for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That event, billed by CAP as "A Conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," will feature CAP President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu together in a Q&A session as they explore "ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States." That a group whose core mission is loyalty to the White House and the Democratic Party would roll out the red carpet for a hostile Obama nemesis is bizarre, for reasons the Huffington Post laid out when it reported on the controversy provoked by CAP's invitation.

Wow. Howard Stern and Hillary Clinton mocking Bernie for offering free college: “Chocolate milk for everybody!”
https://twitter.com/ibrahimpols/status/1203085237309366273

Is there anything more inspiring than watching 2 of the USA's richest people - worth more than a billion dollars between them - mock the idea of free college?

It's even more touching because they're both militarists who revere Israel & never ask how their wars will be paid for

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1203303056164696064

----------------

Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg

"Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensable nation." Hillary Clinton

thinbl...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2019, 8:36:23 PM12/22/19
On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 4:17:34 PM UTC-5, thinbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hillary Clinton: A Blue And White Vagenda
> http://i.imgbox.com/LF3KZA1f.jpg
>

> "Every time that blue and white airplane carrying the words "United States of America" touches down in some far-off capital, I feel again the honor it is to represent the world's indispensible nation." Hillary Clinton
>

> Leaked Emails From Pro-Clinton Group Reveal Censorship of Staff on Israel, AIPAC Pandering, Warped Militarism
> Glenn Greenwald Nov. 5 2015
> https://theintercept.com/2015/11/05/leaked-emails-from-pro-clinton-group-reveal-censorship-of-staff-on-israel-aipac-pandering-warped-militarism/
>

> LEAKED INTERNAL EMAILS from the powerful Democratic think tank Center for American Progress (CAP) shed light on several public controversies involving the organization, particularly in regard to its positioning on Israel. They reveal the lengths to which the group has gone in order to placate AIPAC and long-time Clinton operative and Israel activist Ann Lewis -- including censoring its own writers on the topic of Israel.
>
> The emails also provide crucial context for understanding CAP's controversial decision to host an event next week for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. That event, billed by CAP as "A Conversation with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu," will feature CAP President Neera Tanden and Netanyahu together in a Q&A session as they explore "ways to strengthen the partnership between Israel and the United States." That a group whose core mission is loyalty to the White House and the Democratic Party would roll out the red carpet for a hostile Obama nemesis is bizarre, for reasons the Huffington Post laid out when it reported on the controversy provoked by CAP's invitation.

Hillary Clinton

Sending warm wishes to everyone celebrating Hanukkah! 🕎

7:24 AM - 22 Dec 2019

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1208770310348181504

How many hard core Zionist can you spot in this Hillary tribute video?

https://vimeo.com/124768844