What Did You Watch? 2010-08-23 (Tuesday)

David Johnston

Aug 25, 2010, 2:57:12 AM8/25/10
Apart from Skip Beat!, which doesn't really count I watched:

Being Human

The ghost finally figures out that she was murdered. The vampire's
last meal comes to him and begs him to help her quit killing people.
Apparently bagged blood just doesn't do it. The werewolf gets laid.
As it turns out, he likes it doggy style.

Raising The Bar

Idealistic lawyer guy runs into a problem with his latest client, the
jailhouse snitch. He's obligated after all, to make the deal for his
client even though he strongly suspects him of being a liar working
the system.

The Daily Show/Colbert Report.

Colbert discovers that he has ties to terrorism (the same ties that
the "mosque" and Fox News have) and tells everyone that they need to
watch him to make sure he doesn't pull something.

What did you watch?

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2010, 5:18:02 AM8/25/10
rgo...@telus.net wrote:

>Being Human

I need to watch that someday -- is it available online?

>What did you watch?

THE O'REILLY FACTOR:
(Laura Ingraham guest hosted)
• Muslim Woman Accuses Disneyland of Discrimination
• Iman speech blames 9-11 on America
• Katie Couric plays the "islamophobe card" on the CBS news (She's STILL there?)
• Obama taking credit for Bush's success in Iraq - after opposing it for several
years!
• John Stossel: Are Feds Actually Hurting Us by Trying to Help Us?

BAIT BUS:
Why is this on TrueTV, of all places?

MAN VS FOOD:
Carnivore (part 1). The topic is self-evident. Lots of great places to eat meat.

MAN VS FOOD:
Carnivore (part 2). The topic is self-evident. Lots of great places to eat meat.

RACHEL ZOE PROJECT:
Rach and Rog spend their anniversey attending Fashion Week. Gawd, I am so SICK
of hearing about fashion week on these shows! It's really insigificant when
compared to real life. I got tired of her dramatics about not being in the
her front row seat when someone I never heard of before when his show started.

MAN VS FOOD:
Carnivore (part 4). The topic is self-evident. Lots of great places to eat meat.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn

Obveeus

Aug 25, 2010, 8:34:22 AM8/25/10

"David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote:

> What did you watch?

Memphis Beat finale on TNT: For a moment there it looked like they were
going to write Alfre Woodard out of the show. That would have been a good
sign that they were trying to do something to fix this show's constant
undertone of misfire. As it stands, the show just never really clicks. The
best episode was several weeks back when he got a new lawyer girl love
interest and an introduction of the plotline involving the main character's
father. Unfortunately, that episode was of one-off quality never to be
repeated. If this show comes back next season, I likely won't bother
watching.

Covert Affairs on USA: 'James Bond was a lonely, sad, old man'. The irony
here is that this show copies so many of the themes of that lonely, sad
plotline. Still, even with this overly wanky blind guy superhero (who also
dates lots of hot chicks) centered plotline, I found myself enjoying the
episode. I will be watching this show again next season.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 25, 2010, 10:18:35 AM8/25/10
In article
<e9e7c621-6433-4ed0...@j18g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
David Johnston <rgo...@telus.net> wrote:

> Apart from Skip Beat!, which doesn't really count I watched:
>

> Raising The Bar
>
> Idealistic lawyer guy runs into a problem with his latest client, the
> jailhouse snitch. He's obligated after all, to make the deal for his
> client even though he strongly suspects him of being a liar working
> the system.

I remember that episode. Episodes where Jerry gets 'played' were often
the best ones. :)

> What did you watch?

Full workday, so not much:

Secret Life... (recorded) - I've already mentioned the *one* (and only!)
funny line of dialogue this show has ever managed, so let's just mostly
leave it at that.
Primarily, this episode was an exercise designed to get Ben & Adrian
off Amy & Ricky, and on to each other, and they seemed to have
succeeded. Elsewhere, Ricky's trying to be a better, more honest guy,
but is Amy mature enough to handle the 'bumps in the road' along the
way?...

Melissa & Joey (ABC Family) - Who the heck played MJH's sorority little
sister in this one?! She looked really familiar to me...
This show may be getting *slightly* better, but if there's any
improvement, it's almost imperceptible. Honestly, I'd rather have "18 To
Life" back over this show... :(

Make It or Break It (ABC Family) - OK, I'm now ready to call this show
officially 'off track'.
SPOILERS!!!... But this episode brings Razor back (and uses him kind
of interestingly, though *darkly*), brings Damon back (and appears to
throw him away... though it now looks like he'll be back in the very
next episode!?!), and finally brings Lauren's mom back (only to kill her
off!!??!!). And more inane mustache twirling from Ellen Beals (and from
Steve Tanner, to a lesser extent).
Anyway, the show has just gotten way too dark and depressing this
season.
The competition episodes this season have been great. But everything
else has been mostly just bad.
I fear that too much damage has been done to the show now, and I
suspect they've driven some viewers away.
Next week is the season finale, and a competition episode, so I
expect it to be good-to-great. But I'm thinking it's "too little, too
late"... :(

Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
show (a *proper* show!).
Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...

Recorded for later: Degrassi:TNG, Warehouse 13 (x2), and White Collar.

--
"Am I a bird? No, I'm a bat. I'm Batman. Or am I? Yes, I am Batman."
- Abed as "Batman" on "Halloween", "Community", 10/29/09

David Johnston

Aug 25, 2010, 11:03:50 AM8/25/10
On Aug 25, 3:18 am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> rgor...@telus.net wrote:
> >Being Human
>
> I need to watch that someday -- is it available online?

I wouldn't know. Most of the legitimate places to get things online
are denied to me due to my Canadianity and I've got enough computer
troubles without inviting the worms in. I'm just glad Space Channel
has no prejudice against repurposing British sf. Being Human is a
funny show.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 25, 2010, 12:11:01 PM8/25/10
In article <Wu2dnVAFIvsdYunR...@giganews.com>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> THE O'REILLY FACTOR:
> (Laura Ingraham guest hosted)

I think I saw a little of this, with the idiot music producer (?) saying
it was wrong to blame Muslims for 911, since you don't blame Christians
for the first WTC attack ... say what!?!?!?

--
TOM SWIFT 100th Anniversary convention! July 16-18 2010, San Diego, CA
TS100 Convention site: http://www.TomSwiftEnterprises.com

Anim8rFSK

Aug 25, 2010, 12:14:51 PM8/25/10
In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-48A...@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>,

"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
> made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
> show (a *proper* show!).

Is that the sister? I *hate* her.

> Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
> entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
> muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
> show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
> the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...

The previews would have us believe that next week is a mythology show
and Annie finds out what's really going on.

A couple astoundingly stupid moments:

Annie posing for the online photos in the first place.

Annie not just telling sister "The Smithsonian saw the photos and said I
had to take them down"

The reporter being in the blind guy's apartment at the end -- he was all
shocked when his ex-gf got in. And he hasn't changed his locks in 3
years, even though he hands out keys?

windowwasher

Aug 25, 2010, 1:45:36 PM8/25/10

"Obveeus" <Obv...@aol.com> wrote in message

> "David Johnston" <rgo...@telus.net> wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Memphis Beat finale on TNT: For a moment there it looked like they were
> going to write Alfre Woodard out of the show. That would have been a good
> sign that they were trying to do something to fix this show's constant
> undertone of misfire. As it stands, the show just never really clicks.
> The best episode was several weeks back when he got a new lawyer girl love
> interest and an introduction of the plotline involving the main
> character's father. Unfortunately, that episode was of one-off quality
> never to be repeated. If this show comes back next season, I likely won't
> bother watching.

I agree. This has become a giant disappointment.

> Covert Affairs on USA: 'James Bond was a lonely, sad, old man'. The
> irony here is that this show copies so many of the themes of that lonely,
> sad plotline. Still, even with this overly wanky blind guy superhero (who
> also dates lots of hot chicks) centered plotline, I found myself enjoying
> the episode. I will be watching this show again next season.

This is one of the best shows of the summer afaic.

shawn

Aug 25, 2010, 1:55:28 PM8/25/10
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:14:51 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-48A...@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
>> made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
>> show (a *proper* show!).
>
>Is that the sister? I *hate* her.

Anne Dudek is a fine actress. This role just doesn't give her anything
to build on. Although at some point Annie's job and her family will
cross but that probably won't be until a second season and while it
may change how her sister looks at Annie, I doubt it will change the
sister that much.

>> Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
>> entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
>> muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
>> show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
>> the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...
>
>The previews would have us believe that next week is a mythology show
>and Annie finds out what's really going on.

Which means she's bound to find out a few things which will leave even
more mysteries.

>A couple astoundingly stupid moments:
>
>Annie posing for the online photos in the first place.

Did Annie know that the sister was going to use them in her online
catalog? It wasn't obvious to me that she intended to do that. It felt
more like two sisters goofing off.

>Annie not just telling sister "The Smithsonian saw the photos and said I
>had to take them down"

That's what I expected her to say since it's an easier defense since
there's just this amorphous blob for the sister to get mad at.

>The reporter being in the blind guy's apartment at the end -- he was all
>shocked when his ex-gf got in. And he hasn't changed his locks in 3
>years, even though he hands out keys?

He's a trusting sole... Especially for a Special Ops guy then turned
CIA then turned blind CIA agent.

windowwasher

Aug 25, 2010, 2:19:51 PM8/25/10
Degrassi - Fi continues to be a drunk and screws up the depo. Now she tells
her Mom Bobby didn't assault her. Who knows. She's a bit tightly wound. Adam
goes all butch and punches Fitz so that fight is on, although Eli seems to
be trying to intercede to prevent it. Riley is afraid his being out will
affect his football offer at Eastern but the recruiters see it as a plus. Fi
sleeps on top a pile of coats in the classroom -- during class. Holly J gets
Fi to buck up and get Bobby. Riley doesn't want to be the first gay football
player but Coach bucks him up. Eli arrives to support Adam at the fight and
gets slugged by Fitz. Adam street fights and groins Fitz. The fight is to
continue later. On screen gay kiss between Riley and Zane. Fi is strong at
the next depo.

Warehouse 13 - I kept getting interrupted so I'll likely watch this again. I
liked what I saw. An artifact causes Myka and Pete to change bodies ala
Freaky Friday, and Mata Hari's stockings cause guys, including Artie, to go
all hot for the wearer, in this case, Laura Harris.

Make It or Break It - both Damon and Razor appear. Lauren is still an effing
bitch and sends the Payson-Sasha kissing picture to Beals. Beals shows up at
the gym and tells all. This derails Kim's run for head of the gym and Steve
Tanner wins. Kaylie continues to physically weaken from not eating. Damon
leaves town again and Em cries a bit, also worried about her court
appearance and future. Lauren's Mom who wants to see her dies in a car
wreck. I hate all this stuff.

Covert Affairs - Auggie cozies back up to his ex-Ruskie gilfriend to get a
computer hack. This was a very enjoyable episode all around.

Burn Notice - Peter goes rogue to help a fellow agent clear his name and
once again Mozzie comes through for the suit. This was also very enjoyable.
TAT is back for reals.

Memphis Beat - what a letdoen this show is these days. Major fail afaic.
They dropped the best arc they had started.

Melissa and Joey - Melissa hooks him up with her hot sorority sister who's
also going to be auditing all the councilmen and lies to her that the male
nanny is a consultant. I thought this was OK and reminiscent of older family
sitcoms.

windowwasher

Aug 25, 2010, 2:31:29 PM8/25/10
"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote in message

> Melissa & Joey (ABC Family) - Who the heck played MJH's sorority little
> sister in this one?! She looked really familiar to me...

Maite Schwartz. I think she maybe played Sheldon's sister in BBT. She was
also on an ep of The Mentalist. I remembered her from Quarterlife.

> Make It or Break It (ABC Family) - OK, I'm now ready to call this show
> officially 'off track'.

Boy howdy!

Ian J. Ball

Aug 25, 2010, 2:33:08 PM8/25/10
On Aug 25, 11:19 am, "windowwasher" <windowwas...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Burn Notice - Peter goes rogue to help a fellow agent clear his name and
> once again Mozzie comes through for the suit. This was also very enjoyable.
> TAT is back for reals.

Hey! That's not "Burn Notice"!! ;p

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2010, 5:33:25 PM8/25/10
ANIM...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> THE O'REILLY FACTOR:
>> (Laura Ingraham guest hosted)
>
>I think I saw a little of this, with the idiot music producer (?) saying
>it was wrong to blame Muslims for 911, since you don't blame Christians
>for the first WTC attack ... say what!?!?!?

That would be Russell Simmons, and yes, he's an idiot for saying that
we don't blame Catholics for 9-11. I have the URL somewhere...

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2010, 5:36:21 PM8/25/10
ijball-...@mac.invalid wrote:

>Secret Life... (recorded) - I've already mentioned the *one* (and only!)
>funny line of dialogue this show has ever managed, so let's just mostly
>leave it at that.
> Primarily, this episode was an exercise designed to get Ben & Adrian
>off Amy & Ricky, and on to each other, and they seemed to have
>succeeded. Elsewhere, Ricky's trying to be a better, more honest guy,
>but is Amy mature enough to handle the 'bumps in the road' along the
>way?...

Which is the guy who wanted to dance naked together and see if they ended up
having sex? It was one of the clips on The Soup last week.

windowwasher

Aug 25, 2010, 3:05:42 PM8/25/10
Ian J. Ball" <ib...@san.rr.com> wrote in message

Oh scheisse! White Collar, maybe? Anticipation for hopefully getting rid of
the newbie.

Steve Newport

Aug 25, 2010, 3:21:43 PM8/25/10
wrong to blame Muslims for 911
-------------------------------------
Yes, it is.

Ian J. Ball

Aug 25, 2010, 3:48:42 PM8/25/10
On Aug 25, 2:36 pm, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid wrote:
>
> >Secret Life... (recorded) - I've already mentioned the *one* (and only!)
> >funny line of dialogue this show has ever managed, so let's just mostly
> >leave it at that.
> >   Primarily, this episode was an exercise designed to get Ben & Adrian
> >off Amy & Ricky, and on to each other, and they seemed to have
> >succeeded. Elsewhere, Ricky's trying to be a better, more honest guy,
> >but is Amy mature enough to handle the 'bumps in the road' along the
> >way?...
>
> Which is the guy who wanted to dance naked together and see if they ended up
> having sex? It was one of the clips on The Soup last week.

No, that's Grace (the character on the show they've most *ruined* over
its run!) and her new boyfriend (whatever his name is...).

Obveeus

Aug 25, 2010, 3:49:35 PM8/25/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

> In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-48A...@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>,
> "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
>> made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
>> show (a *proper* show!).
>
> Is that the sister? I *hate* her.

Agreed. The lead character's 'home life' sister/kids/brother-in-law is a
part of this series that needs to be written out.

>> Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
>> entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
>> muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
>> show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
>> the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...
>
> The previews would have us believe that next week is a mythology show
> and Annie finds out what's really going on.

Translation: more new questions will come up than will be answered so that
the season can build to a cliffhanger.

> A couple astoundingly stupid moments:
>
> Annie posing for the online photos in the first place.

I don't think she expected to show up on the website. I think she expected
her sister to be posting pictures of the food, not her clowning around while
eating it.

> Annie not just telling sister "The Smithsonian saw the photos and said I
> had to take them down"

Why would the Smithsonian ask that? Best not to use excuses that will just
cause more unanswerable questions.

> The reporter being in the blind guy's apartment at the end -- he was all
> shocked when his ex-gf got in. And he hasn't changed his locks in 3
> years, even though he hands out keys?

If you don't date psychos, the key thing won't be an issue. Besides, if he
is a good little worker, he won't be taking anything home.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 25, 2010, 6:04:47 PM8/25/10
In article <i53mrs$moc$1...@speranza.aioe.org>,
"windowwasher" <window...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> Warehouse 13 - I kept getting interrupted so I'll likely watch this again. I
> liked what I saw. An artifact causes Myka and Pete to change bodies ala
> Freaky Friday, and Mata Hari's stockings cause guys, including Artie, to go
> all hot for the wearer, in this case, Laura Harris.

Kim Possible did this much better a couple years ago. I didn't like the
A plot, and wanted to smack Pete when he was shaking the can of worms.
The B plot was much better.

> Covert Affairs - Auggie cozies back up to his ex-Ruskie gilfriend to get a
> computer hack. This was a very enjoyable episode all around.

It was okay, had a few real howlers in it though.

> Burn Notice - Peter goes rogue to help a fellow agent clear his name and
> once again Mozzie comes through for the suit. This was also very enjoyable.
> TAT is back for reals.

Wow, they did the EXACT same thing on "White Collar"!!! :)

Anim8rFSK

Aug 25, 2010, 6:08:10 PM8/25/10
In article <iula76h8kpt818taf...@4ax.com>,
shawn <nanof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:14:51 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <ijball-NO_SPAM-48A...@5ad64b5e.bb.sky.com>,
> > "Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
> >> made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
> >> show (a *proper* show!).
> >
> >Is that the sister? I *hate* her.
>
> Anne Dudek is a fine actress. This role just doesn't give her anything
> to build on. Although at some point Annie's job and her family will
> cross but that probably won't be until a second season and while it
> may change how her sister looks at Annie, I doubt it will change the
> sister that much.

One wonders if Annie kicks in on the rent.

> >> Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
> >> entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
> >> muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
> >> show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
> >> the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...
> >
> >The previews would have us believe that next week is a mythology show
> >and Annie finds out what's really going on.
>
> Which means she's bound to find out a few things which will leave even
> more mysteries.

sigh, yep

> >A couple astoundingly stupid moments:
> >
> >Annie posing for the online photos in the first place.
>
> Did Annie know that the sister was going to use them in her online
> catalog? It wasn't obvious to me that she intended to do that. It felt
> more like two sisters goofing off.

I'm sure she did; the sister was in the midst of uploading each photo as
she took them.

> >Annie not just telling sister "The Smithsonian saw the photos and said I
> >had to take them down"
>
> That's what I expected her to say since it's an easier defense since
> there's just this amorphous blob for the sister to get mad at.

It even has the benefit of, other than the name of the boss, being TRUE.

> >The reporter being in the blind guy's apartment at the end -- he was all
> >shocked when his ex-gf got in. And he hasn't changed his locks in 3
> >years, even though he hands out keys?
>
> He's a trusting sole... Especially for a Special Ops guy then turned
> CIA then turned blind CIA agent.

Yeppers

chicagofan

Aug 25, 2010, 7:51:50 PM8/25/10
windowwasher wrote:
> Ian J. Ball"<ib...@san.rr.com> wrote
>
>> On Aug 25, 11:19 am, "windowwasher"<windowwas...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Burn Notice - Peter goes rogue to help a fellow agent clear his name and
>>> once again Mozzie comes through for the suit. This was also very
>>> enjoyable. TAT is back for reals.
>>>
>> Hey! That's not "Burn Notice"!! ;p
>>
> Oh scheisse! White Collar, maybe? Anticipation for hopefully getting rid of
> the newbie.

:-P Don't get Ian started!
bj

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2010, 8:27:12 PM8/25/10
Newpor...@webtv.net wrote:

>That would be Russell Simmons, and yes, he's an idiot for saying that
>we don't blame Catholics for 9-11. I have the URL somewhere...

>-------------------------------------
>Yes, it is.

Indeed!

Ubiquitous

Aug 25, 2010, 8:29:57 PM8/25/10
ANIM...@cox.net wrote:
> Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

>> THE O'REILLY FACTOR:
>> (Laura Ingraham guest hosted)
>
>I think I saw a little of this, with the idiot music producer (?)
>saying it was wrong to blame Muslims for 911, since you don't blame
>Christians for the first WTC attack ... say what!?!?!?

Voila!
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html#/v/4319890/hip-hop-mogul-russell-simmons-pinhead-or-patriot/?playlist_id=872
75

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 26, 2010, 12:01:11 AM8/26/10
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
>"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>>Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
>>made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
>>show (a *proper* show!).

>Is that the sister? I *hate* her.

Dreadful character. She gets petulant with her sister within moments of
the two of them beginning a conversation. Uh, Annie couldn't figure out
that her bosses don't want her picture on line?

Brother-in-law has vanished again.

>>Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
>>entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
>>muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
>>show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
>>the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...

>The previews would have us believe that next week is a mythology show
>and Annie finds out what's really going on.

>A couple astoundingly stupid moments:

>Annie posing for the online photos in the first place.

>Annie not just telling sister "The Smithsonian saw the photos and said I
>had to take them down"

>The reporter being in the blind guy's apartment at the end -- he was all
>shocked when his ex-gf got in. And he hasn't changed his locks in 3
>years, even though he hands out keys?

In his business, why bother with locks? Kindof funny a blind guy would live
in a stylish loft (Washington has lofts? Well, Toronto does.) rather than a
basement.

Cracked me up when Auggie escaped to Toronto! I love when Canadian productions
do gags like that.

Liane Balaban is extremely cute.

Uh, a couple of years back, why did Auggie go undercover using his own name
if the fact that he's a spy is a secret?

Anim8rFSK

Aug 26, 2010, 2:42:57 AM8/26/10
In article <i54ou7$f3i$1...@news.albasani.net>,

"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
> >"Ian J. Ball" <ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> >>Covert Affairs (USA) - [sigh] This show is nonsense. This episode just
> >>made me wish, once again, that someone would give Anne Dudek her own
> >>show (a *proper* show!).
>
> >Is that the sister? I *hate* her.
>
> Dreadful character. She gets petulant with her sister within moments of
> the two of them beginning a conversation. Uh, Annie couldn't figure out
> that her bosses don't want her picture on line?

She really needs to finish her damn training!

> Brother-in-law has vanished again.

At least he was mentioned; the sister is starting catering since he
can't find a job.

> >>Anyway, this epie was full of 'sound and fury' (and, thus, was pretty
> >>entertaining), but ultimately I can't take this show seriously enough to
> >>muster much enthusiasm. And that goes double when they try to make the
> >>show "serious" about the duplicity of spying - please, folks: stick to
> >>the light "Alias" stunts, and leave the "deep thinking" to "Mad Men"...
>
> >The previews would have us believe that next week is a mythology show
> >and Annie finds out what's really going on.
>
> >A couple astoundingly stupid moments:
>
> >Annie posing for the online photos in the first place.
>
> >Annie not just telling sister "The Smithsonian saw the photos and said I
> >had to take them down"
>
> >The reporter being in the blind guy's apartment at the end -- he was all
> >shocked when his ex-gf got in. And he hasn't changed his locks in 3
> >years, even though he hands out keys?
>
> In his business, why bother with locks? Kindof funny a blind guy would live
> in a stylish loft (Washington has lofts? Well, Toronto does.) rather than a
> basement.

Well, he lived there when he was sighted, and stayed.

> Cracked me up when Auggie escaped to Toronto! I love when Canadian productions
> do gags like that.

Yeah :)

> Liane Balaban is extremely cute.

That the Ruskie?

> Uh, a couple of years back, why did Auggie go undercover using his own name
> if the fact that he's a spy is a secret?

Unless he already had a reputation as a hacker, and couldn't use a fake
name?

Steve Newport

Aug 26, 2010, 3:58:03 AM8/26/10
From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
we shouldn't blame Muslms for 9-11
-------------
Indeed!

Ubiquitous

Aug 26, 2010, 5:54:23 AM8/26/10

Ubiquitous

Aug 26, 2010, 5:55:55 AM8/26/10
ib...@san.rr.com wrote:
>On Aug 25, 2:36 pm, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid wrote:

>> >Secret Life...
>>

>> Which is the guy who wanted to dance naked together and see if they
>> ended up having sex? It was one of the clips on The Soup last week.
>
>No, that's Grace (the character on the show they've most *ruined* over
>its run!) and her new boyfriend (whatever his name is...).

He was cute, in a corn-belt Michael Phelps way.

Steve Newport

Aug 26, 2010, 8:50:41 AM8/26/10
we shouldn't blame Muslims for 9-11

trotsky

Aug 26, 2010, 9:05:43 AM8/26/10
On 8/26/10 7:50 AM, Steve Newport wrote:
> we shouldn't blame Muslims for 9-11

We should blame right wing talk radio for perpetually fomenting
discontent, though.

Not Sure

Aug 26, 2010, 12:18:40 PM8/26/10

She said on her knees.

Steve Newport

Aug 26, 2010, 12:11:50 PM8/26/10
From: gms...@email.com (trotsky)
We should blame right wing talk radio for perpetually fomenting
discontent
SN: And Bill O'Reilly for poisoning Ubi and other vulnerable simpletons.

Steve Newport

Aug 26, 2010, 2:37:18 PM8/26/10
From: fred1...@gmail.com (Not Sure) We shouldn't blame Muslims for
9-11. We should blame right wing talk radio for perpetually fomenting
discontent.
-------------------------------------
Yep. Yep.

David Barnett

Aug 27, 2010, 4:59:11 PM8/27/10
I am enjoying this show, apart from the second and third episodes.

Our Australian Channel 7 is now airing it, but is a few weeks behind the US.
--
David Barnett

Professor Bubba

Aug 27, 2010, 5:54:59 PM8/27/10
In article <mHVdo.4729$FH2....@viwinnwfe02.internal.bigpond.com>,
David Barnett <dbar...@nospam.com> wrote:

> I am enjoying this show, apart from the second and third episodes.
>
> Our Australian Channel 7 is now airing it, but is a few weeks behind the US.

I like it very much. It's fun.

trotsky

Aug 28, 2010, 8:52:58 AM8/28/10

The Augie episode was the shittiest one by far.

erilar

Aug 28, 2010, 12:45:44 PM8/28/10
In article <59WdnTxURac3m-TR...@mchsi.com>,
trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:

Gee, and I thought it was better than a couple earlier ones.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.mosaictelecom.com/~erilarlo

EGK

Aug 28, 2010, 1:50:06 PM8/28/10
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:45:44 -0500, erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid>
wrote:

>> The Augie episode was the shittiest one by far.
>
>Gee, and I thought it was better than a couple earlier ones.

It was though the way they portray Augie he might be just this side of
Daredevil as a superhero.

Professor Bubba

Aug 28, 2010, 2:11:04 PM8/28/10
In article
<drache-2E5105....@reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.exa

mple.com>, erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

> In article <59WdnTxURac3m-TR...@mchsi.com>,
> trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:
>
> > On 8/27/10 4:54 PM, Professor Bubba wrote:

> > > I like it very much. It's fun.
> >

> > The Augie episode was the shittiest one by far.
>
> Gee, and I thought it was better than a couple earlier ones.

So did I. I guess they finally figured out that Gorman could easily
carry an episode.

I was going to try this series anyway -- I mean, did everybody catch
the reference to Piper Perabo being in it? Huh? -- but I've stuck
around because I think it's pretty good.

trotsky

Aug 28, 2010, 3:51:07 PM8/28/10
On 8/28/10 11:45 AM, erilar wrote:
> In article<59WdnTxURac3m-TR...@mchsi.com>,
> trotsky<gms...@email.com> wrote:
>
>> On 8/27/10 4:54 PM, Professor Bubba wrote:

>>> I like it very much. It's fun.
>>

>> The Augie episode was the shittiest one by far.
>
> Gee, and I thought it was better than a couple earlier ones.

a) it was borrowed from an X-Files episode

b) the plot about some sort of computer hacking made no sense

c) Annie's sudden expertise on the railway system was ridiculous

In summation, the writing was on par with your average "Fall Guy" or
"A-Team" episode. The show is very well produced and acted, though, so
I can see why people feel there is more going on there then there is.

trotsky

Aug 28, 2010, 3:53:26 PM8/28/10

Clearly Augie could kick Daredevil's ass.

Dano

Aug 28, 2010, 3:55:27 PM8/28/10

"trotsky" <gms...@email.com> wrote in message

Maybe our expectations are a bit lower...and a tad more realistic.
Personally I love MI 5 even better...but I have no doubt one could nitpick
those stories to shreds as well. But they're still fun to watch. Don't
even get me started on 24...

erilar

Aug 28, 2010, 5:25:42 PM8/28/10
In article <a46dnS44D78w9eTR...@mchsi.com>,
trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:

> a) it was borrowed from an X-Files episode

Never having been interested in watching the X-Files, this couldn't
bother me.

> b) the plot about some sort of computer hacking made no sense

Not being one myself, I have no real standard of belief in regard to
computer hacking.

> c) Annie's sudden expertise on the railway system was ridiculous

It's TV. Besides which, with half a thought, I might well have been
able to tell you the same thing about the routes. I certainly know how
to look them up quickly with the aid of a computer.

erilar

Aug 28, 2010, 5:27:05 PM8/28/10
In article <p0ji76d5gpv0di9cr...@4ax.com>,
EGK <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

It's OK with me. How many handicapped heroes do we have?

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 28, 2010, 5:44:46 PM8/28/10
erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

>EGK <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>>>Gee, and I thought it was better than a couple earlier ones.

>>It was though the way they portray Augie he might be just this side of
>>Daredevil as a superhero.

>It's OK with me. How many handicapped heroes do we have?

Most of 'em are handicapped by being ordinary humans with ordinary abilities,
with not terribly many exceptions.

Plenty of heroes with a specific handicap. In recent film series, Ironman's
heart was destroyed. Can't have a bigger handicap than that.

Dano

Aug 28, 2010, 5:45:00 PM8/28/10

"erilar" <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote in message

> In article <p0ji76d5gpv0di9cr...@4ax.com>,
> EGK <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

>> >Gee, and I thought it was better than a couple earlier ones.
>>
>> It was though the way they portray Augie he might be just this side of
>> Daredevil as a superhero.
>
> It's OK with me. How many handicapped heroes do we have?
>
> --
EGK is just pissed at the notion that even a blind dude could kick his ass.

Is this where I need to add a smiley? So as not to offend?

Anim8rFSK

Aug 28, 2010, 6:55:59 PM8/28/10
In article <i5c00e$2mj$3...@news.albasani.net>,

"Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:

> erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
> >EGK <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> >>It was though the way they portray Augie he might be just this side of
> >>Daredevil as a superhero.

Yep, he could certainly beat up Ben Afflack, and I wish he would.

> >It's OK with me. How many handicapped heroes do we have?
>
> Most of 'em are handicapped by being ordinary humans with ordinary abilities,
> with not terribly many exceptions.
>
> Plenty of heroes with a specific handicap. In recent film series, Ironman's
> heart was destroyed. Can't have a bigger handicap than that.

Oh yeah? Boston Brand is DEAD. Dead trumps 'bum ticker' any day.

Comics are awash with crippled heroes. Don Blake was lame (the Thor
movie will be even lamer!). Iron Man, bum heart, and then he got WORSE.
Dr. Strange, crippled hands, can't hold a scalpel any more. Professor
X, wheelchair. D.C. has Batgirl in a wheelchair, both wheelchair
examples being ludicrous, as both 'verses have superscience easily
advanced enough to fix their spines (at least Marvel has *tried*). Doom
Patrol's doctor too, come to think of it. Jim Corrigan is DEAD, as was
Kara Zor-El (and she will be again). Robotman isn't anything but a
brain. Not sure Negative Man is anything. Wildfire is just energy with
the memories of a living man. Spider-Man's old girlfriend was a no good
lying cheating cock-teasing slut (thank you JMS); at least his new one
is just a fat drunk dealer-with-the-devil.

Cross post added to rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

EGK

Aug 28, 2010, 7:07:55 PM8/28/10

I hardly worry about being offended by handicapped heroes since I'm deaf.
I like Covert Affairs so far and like the character of Augie. I only meant
if you're looking for a little bit more realistic portrayals, that's not it.
I'd put Covert Affairs in the same category with Burn Notice for light
entertainment..
On the other hand, and despite it's lack of action so far, I find Rubicon
to be quite a bit more engrossing.

Scott Eiler

Aug 28, 2010, 8:06:32 PM8/28/10
On Aug 28, 3:55 pm, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article <i5c00e$2m...@news.albasani.net>,

>  "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>
> > Plenty of heroes with a specific handicap. In recent film series, Ironman's
> > heart was destroyed. Can't have a bigger handicap than that.
>
> Oh yeah?  Boston Brand is DEAD.  Dead trumps 'bum ticker' any day.
>
> Comics are awash with crippled heroes.  Don Blake was lame (the Thor
> movie will be even lamer!).  Iron Man, bum heart, and then he got WORSE.
> Dr. Strange, crippled hands, can't hold a scalpel any more.  Professor
> X, wheelchair.  D.C. has Batgirl in a wheelchair, both wheelchair
> examples being ludicrous, as both 'verses have superscience easily
> advanced enough to fix their spines (at least Marvel has *tried*).  Doom
> Patrol's doctor too, come to think of it.  Jim Corrigan is DEAD, as was
> Kara Zor-El (and she will be again).  Robotman isn't anything but a
> brain.  Not sure Negative Man is anything.  Wildfire is just energy with
> the memories of a living man.  Spider-Man's old girlfriend was a no good
> lying cheating cock-teasing slut (thank you JMS); at least his new one
> is just a fat drunk dealer-with-the-devil.

I'm not going to admit being dead as a handicap in comic books. In
fact, it's usually a power-enhancer there.

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 28, 2010, 9:32:44 PM8/28/10
erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

>trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:

>>c) Annie's sudden expertise on the railway system was ridiculous

>It's TV. Besides which, with half a thought, I might well have been
>able to tell you the same thing about the routes. I certainly know how
>to look them up quickly with the aid of a computer.

Trots is being silly. There just aren't that many Amtrak trains.

Anyway, escape to Toronto was the set up for the fun gag.

Dano

Aug 28, 2010, 9:53:54 PM8/28/10

"EGK" <m...@privacy.net> wrote in message

I'm hanging in there with Rubicon...but is it really so likely or realistic
to think they would crash a commuter train, creating a major death toll, to
take out one guy that could have been far more simply and quietly eliminated
in a car accident? Kind of lost me in the realism department with that
early move. Which makes the plodding, mostly boring pace... presumably in
an attempt to be realistic...all the more annoying. I just think they're
trying a bit too hard to be "smart". I'll take the lower brow Burn Notice
and Covert Affairs myself.

Professor Bubba

Aug 28, 2010, 10:33:16 PM8/28/10
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-16BB7...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> Oh yeah? Boston Brand is DEAD.

Not anymore, he's not.

YKW

Aug 28, 2010, 11:47:43 PM8/28/10
Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote in

Effing "Aliveman". Feh.

--
------------------- ------------------------------------------------
|| E-mail: ykw2006 ||"The mystery of government is not how Washington||

-- The One, 14 Oct 08

David Barnett

Aug 29, 2010, 1:02:02 AM8/29/10
"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I couldn't agree more re the "the plodding, mostly boring pace" - makes sgu
seem lightning paced.
In fact I've said as much in a previous post.

Nevertheless, I'm also still "hanging in there with Rubicon", waiting for
something more dramatic to happen.
I find Burn Notice & Covert Affairs much more enjoyable.
--
David Barnett

grinningdemon

Aug 29, 2010, 2:32:30 AM8/29/10

Yeah, but he's probably the one character in mainstream super hero
comics where we can actually say his resurrection is almost guaranteed
to be temporary rather than his death.

trotsky

Aug 29, 2010, 8:32:24 AM8/29/10
On 8/28/10 4:25 PM, erilar wrote:
> In article<a46dnS44D78w9eTR...@mchsi.com>,
> trotsky<gms...@email.com> wrote:
>
>> a) it was borrowed from an X-Files episode
>
> Never having been interested in watching the X-Files, this couldn't
> bother me.
>>
>> b) the plot about some sort of computer hacking made no sense
>
> Not being one myself, I have no real standard of belief in regard to
> computer hacking.
>>
>> c) Annie's sudden expertise on the railway system was ridiculous
>
> It's TV. Besides which, with half a thought, I might well have been
> able to tell you the same thing about the routes. I certainly know how
> to look them up quickly with the aid of a computer.

It was just bad writing. If you have a higher tolerance for that than
me, so be it.

trotsky

Aug 29, 2010, 8:42:13 AM8/29/10
On 8/28/10 8:32 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> erilar<dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:
>> trotsky<gms...@email.com> wrote:
>
>>> c) Annie's sudden expertise on the railway system was ridiculous
>
>> It's TV. Besides which, with half a thought, I might well have been
>> able to tell you the same thing about the routes. I certainly know how
>> to look them up quickly with the aid of a computer.
>
> Trots is being silly. There just aren't that many Amtrak trains.

And why wouldn't the senior agent know this instead of Annie? It was a
horseshit attempt at exposition and you're an idiot. But we already
knew this.

Shouldn't you be off looking for Rob Jensen? Or are the rattys
officially dead already?

Anim8rFSK

Aug 29, 2010, 9:43:30 AM8/29/10
In article
<49eac7f5-c6fd-40a9...@h17g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:

Well, for Kara Zor-El, it was a big step down.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 29, 2010, 9:43:57 AM8/29/10
In article <280820102233162142%bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid>,
Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

I was afraid somebody would mention that. :)

Anim8rFSK

Aug 29, 2010, 9:44:25 AM8/29/10
In article <Xns9DE2D38AD1E17...@69.16.186.8>,
YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:

> Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote in
>
> >In article <ANIM8Rfsk-16BB7...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
> >Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Oh yeah? Boston Brand is DEAD.
> >
> > Not anymore, he's not.
> >

> Effing "Aliveman". Feh.

Yeah, why doesn't he have a big "A" on his chest, or maybe a "U"?

Scott Eiler

Aug 29, 2010, 12:15:00 PM8/29/10
On Aug 29, 6:43 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <49eac7f5-c6fd-40a9-b048-25328d9ce...@h17g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

>  Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not going to admit being dead as a handicap in comic books.  In
> > fact, it's usually a power-enhancer there.
>
> Well, for Kara Zor-El, it was a big step down.

Most things are when you start out with Superman powers.

Is Supergirl dead *again*?

Lilith

Aug 29, 2010, 12:25:30 PM8/29/10
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 06:44:25 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <Xns9DE2D38AD1E17...@69.16.186.8>,
> YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:
>
>> Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote in

>> > Not anymore, he's not.
>> >

>> Effing "Aliveman". Feh.
>
>Yeah, why doesn't he have a big "A" on his chest, or maybe a "U"?

Because he was known as Deadman before he was dead. It was his
professional performing name.

--
Lilith

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 29, 2010, 1:50:03 PM8/29/10
trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:
>On 8/28/10 8:32 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>>erilar<dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

>>>It's TV. Besides which, with half a thought, I might well have been
>>>able to tell you the same thing about the routes. I certainly know how
>>>to look them up quickly with the aid of a computer.

>>Trots is being silly. There just aren't that many Amtrak trains.

>And why wouldn't the senior agent know this instead of Annie?

Because Annie had ridden Amtrak more recently and she's the star of the show?
Also there's only one train a day. Now, in real life, Auggie couldn't have
made the transfer but we can suspend disbelief. It seems a minor point.

>It was a horseshit attempt at exposition and you're an idiot. But we
>already knew this.

>Shouldn't you be off looking for Rob Jensen? Or are the rattys
>officially dead already?

Dipshit, you might have noticed I didn't participate in any of that
discussion, not caring about it.

Adam H. Kerman

Aug 29, 2010, 1:53:19 PM8/29/10

Alas, all too many read your crap on Usenet, trots.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 29, 2010, 1:53:42 PM8/29/10
In article <6e2l76lde77i3mffn...@4ax.com>,
Lilith <lili...@gmail.com> wrote:

Savvik to Kirk: "Humor. It is a difficult concept."
Kirk to Savvik: "We learn by doing."

Anim8rFSK

Aug 29, 2010, 2:03:02 PM8/29/10
In article
<a9e8788e-cc62-4137...@y32g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:

> On Aug 29, 6:43 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <49eac7f5-c6fd-40a9-b048-25328d9ce...@h17g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not going to admit being dead as a handicap in comic books.  In
> > > fact, it's usually a power-enhancer there.
> >
> > Well, for Kara Zor-El, it was a big step down.
>
> Most things are when you start out with Superman powers.
>
> Is Supergirl dead *again*?

She's gonna be.

I was thinking about right after the Crisis, after they killed her and
then made her retroactivelly never exist and then wiped her out of the
Legion's memories as well, and she showed up as a ghost in a Xmas
special and only Deadman could see her.

But in current Legion continuity, Supergirl just met Brainiac 5 for the
first time, and from his point of reference, she's already dead, and
he's wistful, having invented time travel to meet her, and having loved
and lost ... the same situation we had 25 years ago in Whatever Happened
to the Man of Tomorrow and the post Crisis Legion book before they wiped
her out of the timeline.

I suspect the first time her sales hit a slump, she's a goner.

grinningdemon

Aug 29, 2010, 2:23:38 PM8/29/10
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:03:02 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article
><a9e8788e-cc62-4137...@y32g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
> Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 29, 6:43 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
>> > In article
>> > <49eac7f5-c6fd-40a9-b048-25328d9ce...@h17g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

>> > Well, for Kara Zor-El, it was a big step down.
>>
>> Most things are when you start out with Superman powers.
>>
>> Is Supergirl dead *again*?
>
>She's gonna be.
>
>I was thinking about right after the Crisis, after they killed her and
>then made her retroactivelly never exist and then wiped her out of the
>Legion's memories as well, and she showed up as a ghost in a Xmas
>special and only Deadman could see her.
>
>But in current Legion continuity, Supergirl just met Brainiac 5 for the
>first time, and from his point of reference, she's already dead, and
>he's wistful, having invented time travel to meet her, and having loved
>and lost ... the same situation we had 25 years ago in Whatever Happened
>to the Man of Tomorrow and the post Crisis Legion book before they wiped
>her out of the timeline.
>
>I suspect the first time her sales hit a slump, she's a goner.

I doubt that...when DC makes a big deal out of killing and then
ressurecting/rebooting a character, they're usually safe from a
repeat...now, they might ditch her some other way but I doubt they'd
kill her again.

trotsky

Aug 29, 2010, 3:11:47 PM8/29/10

Intellectual bankruptcy, as expected. Face it, Verman, you lack the
intellectual firepower to be in any real discussion. Sycophantic
dick-sucking with the likes of Ian and Anim8r doesn't exactly impress
people, buddy.

Scott Eiler

Aug 29, 2010, 5:25:02 PM8/29/10
On Aug 29, 11:03 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> In article
> <a9e8788e-cc62-4137-b445-773495499...@y32g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,

>  Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:
>
> > On Aug 29, 6:43 am, Anim8rFSK <ANIM8R...@cox.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <49eac7f5-c6fd-40a9-b048-25328d9ce...@h17g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Well, for Kara Zor-El, it was a big step down.
>
> > Most things are when you start out with Superman powers.
>
> > Is Supergirl dead *again*?
>
> She's gonna be.
>
> I was thinking about right after the Crisis, after they killed her and
> then made her retroactively never exist and then wiped her out of the

> Legion's memories as well, and she showed up as a ghost in a Xmas
> special and only Deadman could see her.

"Never was" is indeed worse than dead. I'm impressed Kara came back
from that, even if it took twenty years and two or three tries. But
let's face it, she still came back, more powerful than Superman if you
believe some of her last round of origin stories.

> But in current Legion continuity, Supergirl just met Brainiac 5 for the
> first time, and from his point of reference, she's already dead, and
> he's wistful, having invented time travel to meet her, and having loved
> and lost ... the same situation we had 25 years ago in Whatever Happened
> to the Man of Tomorrow and the post Crisis Legion book before they wiped
> her out of the timeline.

Is this different from the other first time Supergirl met Brainiac 5,
a few years ago when there was a comic book titled "Supergirl and the
Legion of Super Heroes"? With the Legion, you can never be sure.

> I suspect the first time her sales hit a slump, she's a goner.

Until the next time, that is. DC is not going to let Marvel grab the
trademark to the name "Supergirl". And until they do, I doubt anyone
will let Kara Zor-El rest.

erilar

Aug 29, 2010, 6:08:06 PM8/29/10

> Comics are awash with crippled heroes.

Well, the group I'm reading and posting to here is about TV shows.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist

http://www.mosaictelecom.com/~erilarlo

erilar

Aug 29, 2010, 6:20:53 PM8/29/10
In article <BK6dndGfDo3EzufR...@mchsi.com>,
trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:

Well, I have a friend who is not a TV character who knows far more about
Amtrak schedules than would be needed to know that route splits.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 29, 2010, 7:43:42 PM8/29/10
In article
<83bf2d28-b347-4c1c...@n19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:

Yeah, this is, as far as I can tell, yet another Legion reboot. They
lost Superboy, apparently from off page shenanagins, which messed up
their origin *again* and now Mon-El-Valor-whoever is filling that role.
This meeting was from stories published this year, taking place in the
21st Century.

Ubiquitous

Aug 29, 2010, 9:27:10 PM8/29/10
rgo...@telus.net wrote:
>On Aug 25, 3:18 am, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:
>> rgor...@telus.net wrote:

>> >Being Human
>>
>> I need to watch that someday -- is it available online?
>

>I wouldn't know. Most of the legitimate places to get things online
>are denied to me due to my Canadianity and I've got enough computer
>troubles without inviting the worms in. I'm just glad Space Channel
>has no prejudice against repurposing British sf. Being Human is a
>funny show.

Funny? I thought it was sppsd to be a drama, not a sitcom.

--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn
our military victory in Iraq into a second Vietnam quagmire. Too bad
for them, it's failing.

David Johnston

Aug 29, 2010, 9:33:56 PM8/29/10
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:27:10 -0500, web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
wrote:

>rgo...@telus.net wrote:

>>> I need to watch that someday -- is it available online?
>>

>>I wouldn't know. Most of the legitimate places to get things online
>>are denied to me due to my Canadianity and I've got enough computer
>>troubles without inviting the worms in. I'm just glad Space Channel
>>has no prejudice against repurposing British sf. Being Human is a
>>funny show.
>
>Funny? I thought it was sppsd to be a drama, not a sitcom.

It's the kind of drama where they frequently mention the werewolf's
"time of the month".

Lilith

Aug 29, 2010, 10:08:39 PM8/29/10
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:53:42 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>In article <6e2l76lde77i3mffn...@4ax.com>,
> Lilith <lili...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 06:44:25 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
>> wrote:

>> >Yeah, why doesn't he have a big "A" on his chest, or maybe a "U"?
>>
>> Because he was known as Deadman before he was dead. It was his
>> professional performing name.
>
>Savvik to Kirk: "Humor. It is a difficult concept."
>Kirk to Savvik: "We learn by doing."

Tellurians!!!! Go figure!

--
Lilith

Professor Bubba

Aug 29, 2010, 10:57:03 PM8/29/10
In article <ANIM8Rfsk-A4D56...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:

> > Is this different from the other first time Supergirl met Brainiac 5,
> > a few years ago when there was a comic book titled "Supergirl and the
> > Legion of Super Heroes"? With the Legion, you can never be sure.
>
> Yeah, this is, as far as I can tell, yet another Legion reboot. They
> lost Superboy, apparently from off page shenanagins, which messed up
> their origin *again* and now Mon-El-Valor-whoever is filling that role.
> This meeting was from stories published this year, taking place in the
> 21st Century.

There are now two Superboys: Connor Kent, who's some sort of clone of
Kal-El and Lex Luthor and who is a contemporary of Superman, and Clark
Kent as a teenager. Unlike before, this Clark Kent Superboy operates
in secret and only within his home county, although he does visit the
Legion in the future, where he's known and can let his powers rip.

> > > I suspect the first time her sales hit a slump, she's a goner.
> >
> > Until the next time, that is. DC is not going to let Marvel grab the
> > trademark to the name "Supergirl". And until they do, I doubt anyone
> > will let Kara Zor-El rest.

The original Supergirl was killed off because the writers during the
first Crisis thought Superman should wind up being the only surviving
Kryptonian. (Then Superman was rebooted anyway, so killing off Kara
made no difference.) Supergirl comics never sold well during the
Silver Age, but what really did her in was the failure of the 1984
Supergirl movie. After that, there was nowhere left for DC to go with
Supergirl, so she was eliminated.

This newer version isn't going away anytime soon, but it does seem
they're still trying to find a place for her. For example, I think she
just joined the Justice League, and I don't think any flavor of
Supergirl has ever done that before.

grinningdemon

Aug 29, 2010, 11:14:32 PM8/29/10

Well, it didn't hurt that her death was probably the best Supergirl
story to date.

>This newer version isn't going away anytime soon, but it does seem
>they're still trying to find a place for her. For example, I think she
>just joined the Justice League, and I don't think any flavor of
>Supergirl has ever done that before.

Yeah, and that feels horribly forced...this Supergirl hasn't grown up
yet like the original version...if she's going to be on a team, it
should be the Teen Titans...she doesn't deserve to be in the League
yet...of course, there isn't really a JLA at the moment any so much as
the Titans pretending but that's neither here nor there.

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:11:18 AM8/30/10

"Scott Eiler" <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote in message

Which Supergirl?

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:29:31 AM8/30/10

> In article <i5c00e$2mj$3...@news.albasani.net>,

> "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
>

>> erilar <dra...@chibardun.net.invalid> wrote:

> Yep, he could certainly beat up Ben Afflack, and I wish he would.

>> >It's OK with me. How many handicapped heroes do we have?
>>

>> Most of 'em are handicapped by being ordinary humans with ordinary
>> abilities,
>> with not terribly many exceptions.

>> Plenty of heroes with a specific handicap. In recent film series,
>> Ironman's
>> heart was destroyed. Can't have a bigger handicap than that.
>
> Oh yeah? Boston Brand is DEAD. Dead trumps 'bum ticker' any day.
>
> Comics are awash with crippled heroes. Don Blake was lame (the Thor
> movie will be even lamer!). Iron Man, bum heart, and then he got WORSE.
> Dr. Strange, crippled hands, can't hold a scalpel any more. Professor
> X, wheelchair. D.C. has Batgirl in a wheelchair, both wheelchair
> examples being ludicrous, as both 'verses have superscience easily
> advanced enough to fix their spines (at least Marvel has *tried*). Doom

Iron Man has also been wheelchair-bound and had the suit literally do the
walking for him.

Altho when it's been suggested that they could both have exoshells since
they both have access to such technology many complain they are
representative and should stay wheelchair-bound. To that I would then say,
okay, but that TPTB need a better explanation as to why they both don't
avail themselves of the technology that is as common in their respective
universes as a motorized wheelchair is to ours.

Oh, and I think it's been said that there's nothing physically wrong with
Barbara Gordon's spine but there is a psychological component to her
paralysis, at least for the tv series, BIRDS OF PREY, explaining why in one
episode she was out of the wheelchair and back in the batsuit. That would be
a simple explanation why technological fixes wouldn't work.

> Patrol's doctor too, come to think of it. Jim Corrigan is DEAD, as was
> Kara Zor-El (and she will be again). Robotman isn't anything but a
> brain. Not sure Negative Man is anything. Wildfire is just energy with
> the memories of a living man. Spider-Man's old girlfriend was a no good
> lying cheating cock-teasing slut (thank you JMS); at least his new one
> is just a fat drunk dealer-with-the-devil.
>

> Cross post added to rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

Sheesh, Anim, again? You're still blaming the wrong Joe. It was Marvel's
editor-in-chief, Joey Q's idea that Gwen slept with Green Goblin.

It was his decision to override JMS' story pitch that Gwen had slept with
Peter and hid their twin kids from him (cuz Joey Q can't stand the idea of
Peter being a mature adult and prefers him as a high school teen or at least
unhitch and unburdened of such adult responsibilities, see Brand New Day,
ugh).

Frankly many would have considered that even worse than hiding the kids of a
super-powered psychopath (see Anakin Skywalker and Queen Padme). Why keep
Peter in the dark about their kids?

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:31:43 AM8/30/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

Well, everyone's dead from Brainiac 5's perspective. He's from the 31st
century.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:32:54 AM8/30/10

"grinningdemon" <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

Have you met Wonder Woman? Wonder Girl? Power Girl? Jade?

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:36:12 AM8/30/10

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:57:03 -0400, Professor Bubba
> <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <ANIM8Rfsk-A4D56...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
>>Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> In article
>>> <83bf2d28-b347-4c1c...@n19g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

>>> Yeah, this is, as far as I can tell, yet another Legion reboot. They
>>> lost Superboy, apparently from off page shenanagins, which messed up
>>> their origin *again* and now Mon-El-Valor-whoever is filling that role.
>>> This meeting was from stories published this year, taking place in the
>>> 21st Century.
>>
>>There are now two Superboys: Connor Kent, who's some sort of clone of
>>Kal-El and Lex Luthor and who is a contemporary of Superman, and Clark
>>Kent as a teenager. Unlike before, this Clark Kent Superboy operates
>>in secret and only within his home county, although he does visit the
>>Legion in the future, where he's known and can let his powers rip.

The clone was alive when Clark was a teen?

>>The original Supergirl was killed off because the writers during the
>>first Crisis thought Superman should wind up being the only surviving
>>Kryptonian. (Then Superman was rebooted anyway, so killing off Kara
>>made no difference.) Supergirl comics never sold well during the
>>Silver Age, but what really did her in was the failure of the 1984
>>Supergirl movie. After that, there was nowhere left for DC to go with
>>Supergirl, so she was eliminated.
>
> Well, it didn't hurt that her death was probably the best Supergirl
> story to date.
>
>>This newer version isn't going away anytime soon, but it does seem
>>they're still trying to find a place for her. For example, I think she
>>just joined the Justice League, and I don't think any flavor of
>>Supergirl has ever done that before.
>
> Yeah, and that feels horribly forced...this Supergirl hasn't grown up
> yet like the original version...if she's going to be on a team, it
> should be the Teen Titans...she doesn't deserve to be in the League
> yet...of course, there isn't really a JLA at the moment any so much as
> the Titans pretending but that's neither here nor there.

Yet Jubilee was an X-Men not a New Mutant--if I might dare reference a
Marvel character in this thread.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:37:16 AM8/30/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

He was called "Deadman" BEFORE he was dead.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:38:34 AM8/30/10

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

This. Is. INTERNET!

We can be and often are far more literal than vulcans.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:39:52 AM8/30/10

> On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 22:33:16 -0400, Professor Bubba
> <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <ANIM8Rfsk-16BB7...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
>>Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Oh yeah? Boston Brand is DEAD.
>>
>>Not anymore, he's not.
>

> Yeah, but he's probably the one character in mainstream super hero
> comics where we can actually say his resurrection is almost guaranteed
> to be temporary rather than his death.

Fine, I'll bite the bullet to be the first to ask:

Is he still alive yet?

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Aug 30, 2010, 4:40:54 AM8/30/10

> In article <280820102233162142%bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid>,

> Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:
>
>> In article <ANIM8Rfsk-16BB7...@news.dc1.easynews.com>,
>> Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Oh yeah? Boston Brand is DEAD.
>>
>> Not anymore, he's not.
>

> I was afraid somebody would mention that. :)

Is he still alive?

> --
> TOM SWIFT 100th Anniversary convention! July 16-18 2010, San Diego, CA
> TS100 Convention site: http://www.TomSwiftEnterprises.com
> TS100 Store: http://www.CafePress.com/TS100
> TOM SWIFT INFO: http://www.tomswift.info

-- Ken from Chicago

P.S. And Generalissimo Franco, is he alive too?

Professor Bubba

Aug 30, 2010, 7:27:33 AM8/30/10
In article <2JmdnStcm_8z-ubR...@giganews.com>, Ken from
Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

Kal-El's cousin Kara, same as before. The Linda Danvers/Matrix
Supergirl apparently became an unperson during one of the later Crises,
although she left a daughter behind anyway. Likewise, Cir-El is an
unperson.

Original-Original Kara is still out there someplace, presumably.

Professor Bubba

Aug 30, 2010, 8:22:21 AM8/30/10
In article <VtSdnTQcXfse8ObR...@giganews.com>, Ken from
Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

> "grinningdemon" <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:57:03 -0400, Professor Bubba
> > <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

> >>There are now two Superboys: Connor Kent, who's some sort of clone of
> >>Kal-El and Lex Luthor and who is a contemporary of Superman, and Clark
> >>Kent as a teenager. Unlike before, this Clark Kent Superboy operates
> >>in secret and only within his home county, although he does visit the
> >>Legion in the future, where he's known and can let his powers rip.
>
> The clone was alive when Clark was a teen?

No, he wasn't. Connor Kent Superboy is a contemporary of Superman's.
Clark Kent Superboy is Kal-El himself, back around 1990.

> > Yeah, and that feels horribly forced...this Supergirl hasn't grown up
> > yet like the original version...if she's going to be on a team, it
> > should be the Teen Titans...she doesn't deserve to be in the League
> > yet...of course, there isn't really a JLA at the moment any so much as
> > the Titans pretending but that's neither here nor there.
>
> Yet Jubilee was an X-Men not a New Mutant--if I might dare reference a
> Marvel character in this thread.

Heh heh. You're right about Jubilee, of course, and I can't recall any
teenaged heroes who joined the JLA pre-Supergirl ... but the JLA title
has (again) moved away from the A-list heroes in order to feature
lesser-knowns who need help with their circulation, and Supergirl not
only needs the help but provides some raw power for the new JLA.
Similarly, the JLA has also recruited Jesse Quick aka Liberty Belle as
its new speedster.

Professor Bubba

Aug 30, 2010, 8:23:01 AM8/30/10
In article <YJ-dnSL7Lq3C8-bR...@giganews.com>, Ken from
Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

Not dead so far.

trotsky

Aug 30, 2010, 8:32:47 AM8/30/10
On 8/29/10 5:20 PM, erilar wrote:
> In article<BK6dndGfDo3EzufR...@mchsi.com>,

Nothing like a representative sampling of one to make things official.

erilar

Aug 30, 2010, 9:48:49 AM8/30/10
In article <aOSdnT1AGodyOebR...@mchsi.com>,
trotsky <gms...@email.com> wrote:

Not one, two 8-) I knew it, too, but I've taken the one to Ontario.

grinningdemon

Aug 30, 2010, 10:24:12 AM8/30/10

Uh, when exactly did any of them get killed off multiple times?

grinningdemon

Aug 30, 2010, 10:27:11 AM8/30/10
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:23:01 -0400, Professor Bubba
<bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

>In article <YJ-dnSL7Lq3C8-bR...@giganews.com>, Ken from
>Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> "grinningdemon" <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

>> > Yeah, but he's probably the one character in mainstream super hero
>> > comics where we can actually say his resurrection is almost guaranteed
>> > to be temporary rather than his death.
>>
>> Fine, I'll bite the bullet to be the first to ask:
>>
>> Is he still alive yet?
>
>Not dead so far.

Give him time...hell, he probably won't even make it past Brightest
Day

Anim8rFSK

Aug 30, 2010, 12:16:41 PM8/30/10
In article <c-idnYGWQNlv9ubR...@giganews.com>,

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

Wasn't that a special exo batsuit? Also, we saw her in the batsuit in
flashback.

> > Patrol's doctor too, come to think of it. Jim Corrigan is DEAD, as was
> > Kara Zor-El (and she will be again). Robotman isn't anything but a
> > brain. Not sure Negative Man is anything. Wildfire is just energy with
> > the memories of a living man. Spider-Man's old girlfriend was a no good
> > lying cheating cock-teasing slut (thank you JMS); at least his new one
> > is just a fat drunk dealer-with-the-devil.
> >
> > Cross post added to rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe
>
> Sheesh, Anim, again? You're still blaming the wrong Joe. It was Marvel's
> editor-in-chief, Joey Q's idea that Gwen slept with Green Goblin.
>
> It was his decision to override JMS' story pitch that Gwen had slept with
> Peter and hid their twin kids from him (cuz Joey Q can't stand the idea of
> Peter being a mature adult and prefers him as a high school teen or at least
> unhitch and unburdened of such adult responsibilities, see Brand New Day,
> ugh).
>
> Frankly many would have considered that even worse than hiding the kids of a
> super-powered psychopath (see Anakin Skywalker and Queen Padme). Why keep
> Peter in the dark about their kids?

See, I say JMS is lying. He claims Q had him make that one change, but
the entire Sins Past storyline falls apart if the kids were Peters. As
you say, why hide them? Why would MJ not tell him about his own kids?
Why does Osborn care? What's the mechanism behind Gwen having rapid
grow Spider-babies, much less hiding them? There's no point to ANY of
it if they aren't Osborn's kids. And Osborn seems to think Harry is his
only kid in American Son - did they reset the twins come Brand New Day?

And I still don't know what they were going for in that first reveal of
the male twin's face, huge shot like he was supposed to be somebody we'd
recognize. He sure didn't look like Osborn. Is he supposed to be a
dead ringer for Peter?

Anim8rFSK

Aug 30, 2010, 12:17:54 PM8/30/10
In article <YJ-dnSL7Lq3C8-bR...@giganews.com>,

"Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

Yes. In "Brightest Day" Boston Brand is alive. We're betting it won't
last.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 30, 2010, 12:19:49 PM8/30/10
In article <300820100727332077%bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid>,
Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

Yeah, there should be a few Karas wandering around. The one that was
the real Silver Age girl that visited right at the end of the last
Supergirl run, I guess she went in a time loop and back to the rocket
before it landed on Earth, but clearly she existed again. And there's
the Kara I really liked from Superman VS Aliens.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 30, 2010, 12:21:01 PM8/30/10
In article <300820100822219367%bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid>,
Professor Bubba <bu...@nowhere.edu.invalid> wrote:

> In article <VtSdnTQcXfse8ObR...@giganews.com>, Ken from
> Chicago <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > "grinningdemon" <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in message

> > The clone was alive when Clark was a teen?
>
> No, he wasn't. Connor Kent Superboy is a contemporary of Superman's.
> Clark Kent Superboy is Kal-El himself, back around 1990.

But nobody is Superboy anymore, right? AFAIK they can't use the name.

Anim8rFSK

Aug 30, 2010, 12:21:35 PM8/30/10
In article <6mfn76lqlelrveln9...@4ax.com>,
grinningdemon <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Would you accept 'reset' as 'killed' in that the original is gone?

grinningdemon

Aug 30, 2010, 12:47:17 PM8/30/10
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:16:41 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

You do realize there are just as many if not more flaws with the story
as written than if JMS is telling the truth, right? Osborn's
motivation is simple...he likes to do anything he can to screw with
Peter...what could be better than raising and turning his own kids
against him? And we don't know that MJ would have known about the
kids if they were Peter's? And Peter's mutated blood could explain
the rapidly aging kids just as easily as norman's...the only real plot
hole would be Gwen's motivation for it all...but, whatever it might
have been, it couldn't have been any less believable than her
willingly sleeping with Norman.

The twins didn't get reset...the boy is the new American Son...and, if
you remember, there was a glass tube in norman's lab in the first
American Son storyline marked G. Stacy...as in Gabriel.

I don't think he's lying...it's obvious to me that something bad
happened between JMS and Marvel with Sins Past because it was like all
the energy left his writing with that story and never came back...the
first part of his run, like it or hate it, he genuinely seemed to
enjoy the characters and put some real energy into it...then Sins Past
happens and, from then on, he just seems to be going through the
motions...and we know Quesada essentially took over One More Day so it
doesn't seem so far fetched that he did the same with Sins Past.

>And I still don't know what they were going for in that first reveal of
>the male twin's face, huge shot like he was supposed to be somebody we'd
>recognize. He sure didn't look like Osborn. Is he supposed to be a
>dead ringer for Peter?

That was one of the scenes that I think supports JMS' story...I think
he was supposed to be a dead ringer for Peter just like the girl was a
dead ringer for Gwen...but they changed it when they changed the
story?

grinningdemon

Aug 30, 2010, 12:51:45 PM8/30/10
On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:21:35 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

No, I wouldn't...because none of them were ever dead or non-existent
for any significant length of time...well, nor more than once
anyway...and Wonder Girl and Power Girl were never truly reset...they
just kept retconning the origins...they weren't really starting from
scratch...and I'm not sure what you mean with Jade? She died and came
back the one time but I don't recall any other death or reset.

It is loading more messages.