Tonight's premieres and other notes (Sunday, Nov. 1)

Robin Miller

Nov 1, 2015, 12:31:55 PM11/1/15

The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)

Tis The Season For Love [movie] (8 p.m.,
Hallmark Channel)

Beth Baker is an out-of-work actress stuck in New York City without her
friends at Christmas time. She decides to return home to the quaint
small town she escaped 10 years before and finds a place far different
than the hamlet she left. She suddenly finds performing possibilities
and even romance that kind of blow her away. Will the holidays prove to
be as magical for Beth as they appear, or is it doomed to disappear as
quickly as it arrived for a lady who is ready to take chances she could
never have imagined a decade before. Then again, this is the kind of
thing that seems to happen during the Christmas season all the time.
Starring Sarah Lancaster and Brendan Penny.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/tis-the-season-for-love

The Librarians (season 2) (8-10 pm, two episodes,
TNT)

Based on TNT's hit movie franchise, The Librarians centers on an ancient
organization hidden beneath the Metropolitan Public Library dedicated to
protecting an unknowing world from the secret, magical reality hidden
all around. Rebecca Romijn, Christian Kane, Lindy Booth and John Kim
star in the series as the newest protectors of the world's mystical
treasures, with John Larroquette as their reluctant caretaker Jenkins.
Noah Wyle recurs as Flynn Carsen, the role he played in TNT's movie
trilogy. 10 episodes.

Rebecca Romijn plays Eve Baird, a highly skilled counterterrorism agent
who is responsible for protecting the group. Christian Kane plays Jake
Stone, an Oklahoma oil worker with an IQ of 190 and an encyclopedic
knowledge of art history. Lindy Booth is Cassandra, a quirky woman with
the special gift of auditory and sensory hallucinations linked to memory
retrieval, known as synesthesia. John Kim portrays Ezekiel Jones, a
master of new technologies and aficionado of classic crimes who enjoys
playing the role of international man of mystery.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3663490/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Librarian_%28franchise%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Librarians_%282014_TV_series%29

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/librarians/listings/

http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/the-librarians.html

Jeff Dunham: Unhinged in Hollywood (special) (8-9
pm, Comedy Central)

Jeff Dunham teams up with all of his classic characters, including
Walter, Achmed the Dead Terrorist and Bubba J, to discuss everything
from Hollywood to politics to romance. Previously broadcast by NBC on
Sept. 17.

http://www.nbc.com/jeff-dunham-unhinged-in-hollywood

http://parade.com/422533/paulettecohn/jeff-dunham-talks-getting-unhinged-in-hollywood/

World Series game 5 (sports) (8 pm, Fox)

Breakthrough [new] (9 pm, National
Geographic Channel)

A revolutionary new series about scientific explorers from leading
universities and institutions and how their cutting-edge innovations and
advancements will change our lives in the immediate future and beyond.
The series intends to bring to life the stories, people and technology
behind these breakthroughs, and show how they are changing our world.
Each hourlong episode is directed by a Hollywood visionary - Angela
Bassett, Peter Berg, Paul Giamatti, Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard and Brett
Ratner. Breakthrough explores remarkable scientific discoveries in
brain science, longevity, water, energy, pandemics and cyborg
technology. Lifesaving, mind-boggling innovation is a part of everyday
life, so we sometimes take it for granted. It happens in the blink of an
eye - on battlefields and playgrounds, in supercolliders and the
International Space Station, in smart homes and smart cars. These are
modern-day revolutions in how we live. Tonight's episode is "Fighting
Pandemics," directed by Peter Berg.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/breakthrough-ngc/listings/

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/breakthrough-series/

The Walking Dead (90-minute episode)
(9-10:30 pm, AMC)

Holiday Baking Championship (season 2) (9 pm,
Food Network)

Delivers decadent baked goods galore as ten talented bakers compete to
create the most irresistibly delicious holiday treats. Bobby Deen
presides as host as the contestants strive to prove their baking skills
in difficult challenges that celebrate the most wonderful time of year.
Based on taste, technique, presentation, and creativity judges Duff
Goldman (Kids Baking Championship), Nancy Fuller (Farmhouse Rules), and
Lorraine Pascale (Lorraine's Fast, Fresh and Easy Food) determine who
will be crowned the winner and take home the grand prize of $50,000 and
the title of Holiday Baking Champion!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/holiday-baking-championship/listings/

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/holiday-baking-championship.html

The Demon Files [new] (10 pm, Destination America)

Ralph Sarchie's life is divided between two very different worlds. In
one he's a decorated sergeant for the NYPD who proudly protected and
served his city for over 18 years. In the other he's a highly regarded
demonologist, helping real American families who fear they may be
threatened by the demonic. His book Beware the Night details how he uses
his cop-hardened savvy to combat supernatural evil at every turn and
served as the inspiration for the 2014 movie Deliver Us from Evil. Now
in The Demon Files, Sarchie and his team travel across the country
meeting with people apparently suffering from demonic activity.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/demon-files/listings/

http://www.destinationamerica.com/tv-shows/the-demon-files/

Talking Dead (special time) (10:30 pm,
AMC)

Mike Tyson Mysteries (season 2) (12:15 am, Adult
Swim)

--Robin

Dimensional Traveler

Nov 1, 2015, 1:10:04 PM11/1/15
On 11/1/2015 9:31 AM, Robin Miller wrote:

> The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
> to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)

Again? *checks listings* No, that was yesterday (Saturday). In my
area its movies all day on TNT until....

> The Librarians (season 2) (8-10 pm, two
> episodes, TNT)
>
> Based on TNT's hit movie franchise, The Librarians centers on an ancient
> organization hidden beneath the Metropolitan Public Library dedicated to
> protecting an unknowing world from the secret, magical reality hidden
> all around. Rebecca Romijn, Christian Kane, Lindy Booth and John Kim
> star in the series as the newest protectors of the world's mystical
> treasures, with John Larroquette as their reluctant caretaker Jenkins.
> Noah Wyle recurs as Flynn Carsen, the role he played in TNT's movie
> trilogy. 10 episodes.
>
> Rebecca Romijn plays Eve Baird, a highly skilled counterterrorism agent
> who is responsible for protecting the group. Christian Kane plays Jake
> Stone, an Oklahoma oil worker with an IQ of 190 and an encyclopedic
> knowledge of art history. Lindy Booth is Cassandra, a quirky woman with
> the special gift of auditory and sensory hallucinations linked to memory
> retrieval, known as synesthesia. John Kim portrays Ezekiel Jones, a
> master of new technologies and aficionado of classic crimes who enjoys
> playing the role of international man of mystery.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3663490/
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Librarian_%28franchise%29
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Librarians_%282014_TV_series%29
>
> http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/librarians/listings/
>
> http://www.tntdrama.com/shows/the-librarians.html

I'm saying "Yea!" just to annoy Anim. :)

> Breakthrough [new] (9 pm, National
> Geographic Channel)
>
> A revolutionary new series about scientific explorers from leading
> universities and institutions and how their cutting-edge innovations and
> advancements will change our lives in the immediate future and beyond.
> The series intends to bring to life the stories, people and technology
> behind these breakthroughs, and show how they are changing our world.
> Each hourlong episode is directed by a Hollywood visionary - Angela
> Bassett, Peter Berg, Paul Giamatti, Akiva Goldsman, Ron Howard and Brett
> Ratner. Breakthrough explores remarkable scientific discoveries in
> brain science, longevity, water, energy, pandemics and cyborg
> technology. Lifesaving, mind-boggling innovation is a part of everyday
> life, so we sometimes take it for granted. It happens in the blink of an
> eye - on battlefields and playgrounds, in supercolliders and the
> International Space Station, in smart homes and smart cars. These are
> modern-day revolutions in how we live. Tonight's episode is "Fighting
> Pandemics," directed by Peter Berg.
>
> http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/breakthrough-ngc/listings/
>
> http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/breakthrough-series/

DVR set to "sample".

The rest is the usual "Dafuq they thinking?"

--
Even Confucius complained about the younger generation's music.

anim8rfsk

Nov 1, 2015, 1:16:21 PM11/1/15
In article <d9n0k7...@mid.individual.net>,
Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
> to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)
>

> Tis The Season For Love [movie] (8 p.m.,
> Hallmark Channel)
>
> Beth Baker is an out-of-work actress stuck in New York City without her
> friends at Christmas time. She decides to return home to the quaint
> small town she escaped 10 years before and finds a place far different
> than the hamlet she left. She suddenly finds performing possibilities
> and even romance that kind of blow her away. Will the holidays prove to
> be as magical for Beth as they appear, or is it doomed to disappear as
> quickly as it arrived for a lady who is ready to take chances she could
> never have imagined a decade before. Then again, this is the kind of
> thing that seems to happen during the Christmas season all the time.
> Starring Sarah Lancaster and Brendan Penny.
>
> http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/tis-the-season-for-love

Sarah!

> The Librarians (season 2) (8-10 pm, two episodes,
> TNT)

That one. Extended secret exclusive preview looks great.

> The Demon Files [new] (10 pm, Destination America)
>
> Ralph Sarchie's life is divided between two very different worlds. In
> one he's a decorated sergeant for the NYPD who proudly protected and
> served his city for over 18 years. In the other he's a highly regarded
> demonologist

Man, I read that as 'dermatologist' ...

--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

Robin Miller

Nov 1, 2015, 1:20:09 PM11/1/15
Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 11/1/2015 9:31 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>

>> The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
>> to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)
>>
> Again? *checks listings* No, that was yesterday (Saturday). In my
> area its movies all day on TNT until....

Oh, OK, thanks. I checked the schedule but I must have had the wrong day.

--Robin

anim8rfsk

Nov 1, 2015, 2:07:33 PM11/1/15
In article <d9n3ek...@mid.individual.net>,
And yet ... TNT is posting right now that they're showing a LIBRARIANS
marathon all day today.

--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

Robin Miller

Nov 1, 2015, 2:15:51 PM11/1/15
anim8rfsk wrote:
> In article <d9n3ek...@mid.individual.net>,
> Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Dimensional Traveler wrote:

>>> Again? *checks listings* No, that was yesterday (Saturday). In my
>>> area its movies all day on TNT until....
>>

>> Oh, OK, thanks. I checked the schedule but I must have had the wrong day.
>>
>> --Robin
>
> And yet ... TNT is posting right now that they're showing a LIBRARIANS
> marathon all day today.

Yeah, that's why I listed it. I saw a promo, and the online schedule
seemed to check out.

--Robin

thinbl...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2015, 2:25:20 PM11/1/15
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 12:31:55 PM UTC-5, Robin Miller wrote:

> The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
> to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)

It's a remake of Charlie's Angels in a library for gawds sake, with unattractive angels.

Save your time, skip this and visit an actual library, LOL

Library Hours M-F 9-6 PM, Saturdays til 5. Convenient drop box slot at library entrance for after hours returns. Fines on overdue item is 10 cents. Support your local libraries and librarians. A mind is a terrible thing to waist.

PS: Dictionary also available for free.

Dimensional Traveler

Nov 1, 2015, 3:25:04 PM11/1/15
And here TNT just started 'Terminator: Salvation' at noon.

Adam H. Kerman

Nov 1, 2015, 3:27:03 PM11/1/15
They can be evil!

Your Name

Nov 1, 2015, 3:34:09 PM11/1/15
In article <56365562$0$1661$742e...@news.sonic.net>, Dimensional
Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
> On 11/1/2015 9:31 AM, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
> > to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)
>
> Again? *checks listings* No, that was yesterday (Saturday). In my
> area its movies all day on TNT until....

The second season starts on Tuesday evening (3 November, Sky TV's The
Zone) here in New Zealand, but I'll record the repeat on Wednesday
afternoon.

Your Name

Nov 1, 2015, 3:34:13 PM11/1/15
In article <25bc252d-d135-4d83...@googlegroups.com>,
<thinbl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 12:31:55 PM UTC-5, Robin Miller wrote:
> >
> > The Librarians (season 1 marathon) (10 am
> > to 7 pm, 10 episodes, TNT)
>
> It's a remake of Charlie's Angels in a library for gawds sake,

It's a remake of "Warehouse 13" ... which is a remake of the
archeologist hunter TV series, which is a rip-off Tomb Raider, which is
a knock-off of Indiana Jones.

> with unattractive angels.

Speak for yourself. I like "Math Girl" (there's another silly
Americanisation of English again).

Stan Brown

Nov 1, 2015, 4:32:03 PM11/1/15
On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 12:31:50 -0500, Robin Miller wrote:
> Tis The Season For Love [movie] (8 p.m.,
> Hallmark Channel)
>
> Beth Baker is an out-of-work actress stuck in New York City without her
> friends at Christmas time.

It's funny -- in the Thanksgiving movie /Home for the Holidays/,
after the family meltdown, Charles Durning says something sarcastic
like "Well, Happy Thanksgiving! I can't wait for goddamn Christmas."

Little did he know that goddamn Christmas would be two full months
long in a few short years.

I don't complain about the long xmas season because it's unseemly, or
disrespectful to some god. I complain about it because it's bloody
boring. 12 days is plenty, and makes it a time for celebrating (even
if one's not religious). But two whole months is like that batty old
uncle who won't leave.

http://BrownMath.com/
http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Shikata ga nai...

shawn

Nov 1, 2015, 7:34:53 PM11/1/15
On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 12:31:50 -0500, Robin Miller
<robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>The Librarians (season 2) (8-10 pm, two episodes,
>TNT)
>
>Based on TNT's hit movie franchise, The Librarians centers on an ancient
>organization hidden beneath the Metropolitan Public Library dedicated to
>protecting an unknowing world from the secret, magical reality hidden
>all around. Rebecca Romijn, Christian Kane, Lindy Booth and John Kim
>star in the series as the newest protectors of the world's mystical
>treasures, with John Larroquette as their reluctant caretaker Jenkins.
>Noah Wyle recurs as Flynn Carsen, the role he played in TNT's movie
>trilogy. 10 episodes.

Yea!

>--Robin

Thanks Robin.

anim8rfsk

Nov 1, 2015, 8:17:45 PM11/1/15
In article <d9n6n3...@mid.individual.net>,
Just flicked TNT on and ... it's THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Oh, well, we
appreciate your warnings even when they're as wrong as Ian!

--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

Robin Miller

Nov 1, 2015, 8:42:30 PM11/1/15
I resemble that remark. No one is as wrong as Ian.

--Robin

Ian J. Ball

Nov 1, 2015, 8:57:21 PM11/1/15
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 5:42:30 PM UTC-8, Robin Miller wrote:

> anim8rfsk wrote:
> > In article <d9n6n3...@mid.individual.net>,
> > Robin Miller <robin....@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> >> Yeah, that's why I listed it. I saw a promo, and the online schedule
> >> seemed to check out.
> >>
> >> --Robin
> >
> > Just flicked TNT on and ... it's THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. Oh, well, we
> > appreciate your warnings even when they're as wrong as Ian!
>
> I resemble that remark. No one is as wrong as Ian.

My postes are *value-added*!! :)

Robin Miller

Nov 1, 2015, 9:06:58 PM11/1/15
"postes"? Is that, like, French?

--Robin

Obveeus

Nov 1, 2015, 9:31:50 PM11/1/15

On 11/1/2015 8:42 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> No one is as wrong as Ian.

Correct.

Obveeus

Nov 1, 2015, 9:32:59 PM11/1/15

On 11/1/2015 8:57 PM, Ian J. Ball wrote:

> My postes are *value-added*!! :)

You spelled 'posts' and 'addled' wrong.

Ian J. Ball

Nov 1, 2015, 10:44:17 PM11/1/15
It's proper olde-timey English!!

Your Name

Nov 2, 2015, 12:54:04 AM11/2/15
In article <9c675f41-d326-4962...@googlegroups.com>, Ian
> It's proper olde-timey English!!

The correct phrase is "olde-timey-wimey". ;-)