QL: Information of Leap Weekend

miriam_ferziger

Dec 27, 1991, 2:38:07 PM12/27/91
The following arrived in my mailbox yesterday. Anyone who subscribes to
Quantum Quarterly will receive it shortly if they haven't already. Since
Sally is out of town, and since I also happen to be a committee head, I
thought I would take the liberty of sending this on.

I have the information on the commemorative pin, which I will post separately

(All typos are mine, but I don't take responsibility for the content!!)

proudly presents

The Biggest "Quantum Leap" Weekend Ever!!

LEAP DAY - Saturday - February 29, 1992

1. Dean Stockwell receives his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -
11:30 AM
When February 29, 1992 leaps into our lives, it will herald the beginning of
the biggest "Leap Weekend" ever! Quantum Leap star Dean Stockwell will
be presented with a well deserved Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Stockwell's career, spanning nearly 50 years, has touched every facet of
show business - film, theater and TV. In addition to being a critically
acclaimed actor, Stockwell is an outspoken advocate on environmental
issues. In recognition of both his acting accomplishments and his
environmental concerns, Stockwell's fans raised the funds for his Star
through recycling efforts. Join us on Hollywood Blvd. at 11:30 am when
Dean is presented with a Star!

2. Luncheon to follow - limited seating - 1:00 pm
Friends, relatives, and co-workers have been invited. Why don't you join in the
festivities at a luncheon held in Dean's honor. Special entertainment is being
planned and it should be a wonderful topper to the Ceremony. For $30.0 per
plate (=cost of meal, tax, and gratuity), you can be a part of this tribute to
a remarkable career. Dean is scheduled to present the top contributors with a
special "thank you". Only 350 seats available - order early!

3. The "Quantum Leap" Convention - 10:00 am (Sunday only)
Finally stick around because the next day, March 1, 1992, there will be a
spectacular "Quantum Leap" convention featuring Dean, Scott, and many
other Leap production crew! Fans will be gathering from around the
continent - so don't be left our! Special exhibits, panels, Leap merchandise,
and Q&As with Scott, Dean, Don and Deborah Pratt are just some of the
highlights. Produced by Creation Entertainment in conjunction with
MCA/Universal.

To reserve your spot at the luncheon, fill out the form below and send it
with your check/money order for $30 made out to COMMITTEE FOR A
DEAN STOCKWELL STAR to:

Luncheon Registration c/o Chris Hill
3941 Pacific Blvd. #3
San Mateo, CA 94403

NAME: MEAL PREFERENCE: CHICKEN VEG.

ADDRESS:

CITY/STATE/ZIP

CONTRIBUTOR? YES NO

INTERESTED IN COMMEMORATIVE PIN? YES NO

SEND ME MORE INFORMATION ABOUT AIRFARE, HOTELS, & CONVNETION ______

I WOULD LIKE A ROOMMATE TO SPLIT HOTEL ROOM COSTS ______
(REMEMBER TO INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE! THANKS!
RSVP BY JANUARY 31, 1992. THANKS!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Miriam Ferziger | DISCLAIMER:
hf....@forsythe.stanford.edu | If any of the above fails to make sense, it
| is because I was born with a silver foot in
| my mouth and have a mind like a steel sieve.
QUOTE: "Quantum physicists are quarky lovers, just ask Donna!" (me)

Miriam Ferziger

Dec 28, 1991, 1:42:15 AM12/28/91
Hi. I'm sorry about the strange "From:" line on the original of this message.
I'm using a new newsreader, and I still haven't gotten the hang of it.
If you want to reply to this message, please use this version.

I'll try to get this little bit of wierdness ironed out.

--Miriam

In article <1991Dec27....@morrow.stanford.edu>,