Red Dwarf - Australian Broadcast

Daniel Bowen

Dec 11, 1990, 9:06:16 AM12/11/90
After vanishing for about a month, the third Red Dwarf
episode (of series A) will be this Sunday at 5pm on the ABC.

I have heard rumours that they will also show the second
series.

I actually rang the publicity department of the ABC a few
weeks ago to ask about RD (in Melbourne, phone 528-4444 and
ask for publicity; they're usually very helpful, but not this
time, as it happens. Well, okay, they're never very helpful, but
they do appear to try).
Anyway, the lady there mentioned (about Red Dwarf) (and I
quote) "It's just a filler"
"We don't publicise it"

Bloody hell, this annoys me, when they're showing the bloody
"Good Life" at 8pm Mondays, and other similar crap, especially
at this time of year.

What's wrong with Aussie TV stations... no sign of Black Adder
3 or 4, Spitting Image, etc etc...
--
/| "Raymond Luxury-Yacht" |"I know my name is spelt Raymond Luxury-Yatched
/ | DANIEL BOWEN |but it's pronounced Throat-Wobbler-Mangrove"

bob nutter

Dec 12, 1990, 6:39:00 AM12/12/90
In article <1990Dec11....@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au>,
vac...@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:

|> Bloody hell, this annoys me, when they're showing the bloody
|> "Good Life" at 8pm Mondays, and other similar crap, especially
|> at this time of year.

It's a conspiracy! We too get the exceedingly crap Good Life on Tuesday
evening on BBC1. Did I pay my licence fee for this? What next - Wogan on Ice?

bob
bob nutter, computer officer | John...John was a lil' crippled
UMIST dept of computation | midget lesbian boy, but he stood
po box 88 manchester m60 1qd uk | ten foot tall with a KNIFE!
tel:+44 61 200 3386 | -Butthole Surfers
email:b.nu...@umist.ac.uk |

Iain D. Sinclair

Dec 12, 1990, 6:13:21 PM12/12/90
vac...@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Daniel Bowen) writes:

>What's wrong with Aussie TV stations... no sign of Black Adder
>3 or 4, Spitting Image, etc etc...

You can get the Black Adder videos from places like Virgin and Brashs,
and they're well worth it. Sorry, Australian TV is more interested in
showing stuff like _Major Dad_ than quality British comedy.

Not that I'd count _Red Dwarf_ in the latter. I thought it was pretty
weak, though in the couple of shows I saw, there were some interesting
concepts.

--
Iain Dick // axolotl@ultima. // (The usual disclaimer. You know: my views don't
Sinclair // socs.uts.edu.au // represent those of a concrete sarcohpagus, etc.)