Fantasy Rovers barman/barmaid!

1 view

Nick

Sep 17, 2009, 5:07:09 AM9/17/09
http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke

The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D

Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?

Edward from Norfolk

CPT

Sep 17, 2009, 6:55:04 AM9/17/09
On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>
> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>
> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?

No idea. But I do know that Enzo would like Bet Gilroy back behind the
bar.

mark

Sep 17, 2009, 6:32:40 AM9/17/09

"Nick" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

Nick? Edward?

I'm confused.

mark

Enzo Matrix

Sep 17, 2009, 1:36:59 PM9/17/09

Would *not* !

But I wouldn't complain if Lillian Spencer made a return. I might even
start watching again.

--
Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

MartinS

Sep 17, 2009, 2:06:39 PM9/17/09
"mark" <ma...@reepham2003.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> "Nick" <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote...

>> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>
>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>>
>> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>>
>> Edward from Norfolk
>
> Nick? Edward?

Just another of Nick's many noms de plume.

> I'm confused.

Like Jason Grimshaw?

--
Martin S.

MartinS

Sep 17, 2009, 2:08:39 PM9/17/09
"Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> CPT wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>>
>>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>>>
>>> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>>
>> No idea. But I do know that Enzo would like Bet Gilroy back behind the
>> bar.
>
> Would *not* !
>
> But I wouldn't complain if Lillian Spencer made a return. I might even
> start watching again.

Did Lillian ever actually pull her own pint, or just instruct others to do
her bidding? How many of the cast have *not* pulled a pint in the Rovers?

--
Martin S.

mark

Sep 17, 2009, 2:17:01 PM9/17/09

"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

I think most of the cast have pulled pints and each other.

mark

GordonD

Sep 17, 2009, 2:16:30 PM9/17/09
"CPT" <colinpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

No, he'd like to see her behind *bars*.
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

"Slipped the surly bonds of Earth...to touch the face of God."

AlfaMS

Sep 17, 2009, 4:47:17 PM9/17/09
GordonD schrieb:

> "CPT" <colinpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>> > http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>> >
>>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>> >
>> > Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>>
>> No idea. But I do know that Enzo would like Bet Gilroy back behind the
>> bar.
>

> No, he'd like to see her behind *bars*.

Out of all the replies I think yours is the only correct one Gordon.
:-D
--
Josef

AlfaMS

Sep 17, 2009, 4:49:20 PM9/17/09
MartinS schrieb:

> Just another of Nick's many noms de plume.

..And it is not only him. May I mention Toronno just the once?
--
Josef

foamie

Sep 18, 2009, 4:11:15 AM9/18/09

Stephen Hawking, david Attenborough, Charles Saatchi, Germaine Greer
and Christine Gilbert.

FC

mark

Sep 18, 2009, 4:21:55 AM9/18/09

"foamie" <foamcl...@aol.com> wrote in message
Would be a bit crowded with that lot.

mark

Nick

Sep 18, 2009, 4:48:37 AM9/18/09
~
Is Toronno another saucy cove?

Nick

foamie

Sep 18, 2009, 10:10:16 AM9/18/09
On 18 Sep, 09:21, "mark" <m...@reepham2003.force9.co.uk> wrote:

> > Stephen Hawking, david Attenborough, Charles Saatchi, Germaine Greer
> > and Christine Gilbert.
>
> Would be a bit crowded with that lot.

They could work in shifts. Or aprons.

FC

Ophelia

Sep 18, 2009, 10:14:25 AM9/18/09

"foamie" <foamcl...@aol.com> wrote in message

eeeh get 'im:))))

MartinS

Sep 18, 2009, 2:05:18 PM9/18/09

Stephen Hawking would have to do it by remote control.

--
Martin S.

Nick

Sep 18, 2009, 5:44:43 PM9/18/09
On Sep 17, 11:32 am, "mark" <m...@reepham2003.force9.co.uk> wrote:
> "Nick" <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
~
I was hiding in case the ladies thwacked me!

Nick

Nick

Sep 18, 2009, 6:00:30 PM9/18/09

"Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> CPT wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> >> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
> >>
> >> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
> >>
> >> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
> >
> > No idea. But I do know that Enzo would like Bet Gilroy back behind the
> > bar.
>
> Would *not* !
>
> But I wouldn't complain if Lillian Spencer made a return. I might even
> start watching again.
>
> --
~
Did you like my little girl? :-D

Nick

Enzo Matrix

Sep 18, 2009, 6:08:22 PM9/18/09

She was a little etherial for my tastes.

Enzo Matrix

Sep 18, 2009, 6:09:53 PM9/18/09

A Sensible Policy for a Better Britain!

Enzo Matrix

Sep 18, 2009, 6:11:21 PM9/18/09

I think that Germaine Greer would be *very* interesting.

renee...@myway.com

Sep 18, 2009, 8:41:24 PM9/18/09
On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>
> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>
> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?

Ooh, any of a whole host of fabulous people, luvvie. Vera Lynn,
Michael Flatley, Floella Benjamin, Vladimir Putin, the Cheeky Girls,
Denise Robertson, O J Simpson, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Radovan
Karadzic (sp?), HRH the Duke of Kent, Anthea Turner, Noel (from
"Hearsay"), Michael J Fox (even though the beer would rather foamy),
Nelson Mandela (dress sense notwithstanding), Gavin (from
"Autoglass"), Amy Winehouse, Katie Boyle, that nice Mr Ahmadinezhad,
Charlize Theron, Miss Hoolie from Balamory, Michelle Obama, little
Jimmy Krankie, Elizabeth Taylor, Ariel Sharon and diminutive Scottish
singer Lulu, with or without her lowered cholesterol.

your friend,
Renee

MartinS

Sep 18, 2009, 9:13:18 PM9/18/09
"Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> foamie wrote:
>> Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>>
>>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>>>
>>> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>>>
>>> Edward from Norfolk
>>
>> Stephen Hawking, david Attenborough, Charles Saatchi, Germaine Greer
>> and Christine Gilbert.
>
> I think that Germaine Greer would be *very* interesting.

Well, she's not quite as old as Betty, but then who is?

--
Martin S.

Nick

Sep 19, 2009, 5:31:14 AM9/19/09
~
LOL - ethereal?

Did you like her tweets?

Nick

Nick

Sep 19, 2009, 5:32:27 AM9/19/09
On Sep 19, 1:41 am, "reneema...@myway.com" <reneema...@myway.com>
wrote:
~
Jeepers - LULU!!!!!!!

You've mellowed, RRenee! :-D

Nick

GordonD

Sep 19, 2009, 5:32:34 AM9/19/09
"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

RAlex.

Enzo Matrix

Sep 19, 2009, 6:24:13 AM9/19/09
renee...@myway.com wrote:
> On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>
>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>>
>> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>
> Michael Flatley

He scares me.

Enzo Matrix

Sep 19, 2009, 6:25:33 AM9/19/09

No, etherial. She looks as though she smells of chemicals.

GordonD

Sep 19, 2009, 8:02:26 AM9/19/09

> renee...@myway.com wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>>
>>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>>>
>>> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>>
>> Michael Flatley
>
> He scares me.

He's been a broken man ever since they discovered that old book:
"Traditional Irish Dancing (Volume 2): What to do with the Arms".

foamie

Sep 19, 2009, 12:12:34 PM9/19/09

Hello Renee. Long time no hear. Or is it me?

FC

Ophelia

Sep 19, 2009, 12:32:00 PM9/19/09
foamie wrote:
> On 19 Sep, 01:41, "reneema...@myway.com" <reneema...@myway.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>
>>> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-
>>> D Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?

>> Ooh, any of a whole host of fabulous people, luvvie. Vera Lynn,
>> Michael Flatley, Floella Benjamin, Vladimir Putin, the Cheeky Girls,
>> Denise Robertson, O J Simpson, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Radovan
>> Karadzic (sp?), HRH the Duke of Kent, Anthea Turner, Noel (from
>> "Hearsay"), Michael J Fox (even though the beer would rather foamy),
>> Nelson Mandela (dress sense notwithstanding), Gavin (from
>> "Autoglass"), Amy Winehouse, Katie Boyle, that nice Mr Ahmadinezhad,
>> Charlize Theron, Miss Hoolie from Balamory, Michelle Obama, little
>> Jimmy Krankie, Elizabeth Taylor, Ariel Sharon and diminutive Scottish
>> singer Lulu, with or without her lowered cholesterol.
>>
>> your friend,
>> Renee
>
> Hello Renee. Long time no hear. Or is it me?

Is what you?

AlfaMS

Sep 19, 2009, 2:30:03 PM9/19/09
Ophelia schrieb:
> foamie wrote:

>> Hello Renee. Long time no hear. Or is it me?
>
> Is what you?

I think foamie hasn't been to the "Foaming Beaver" for some time now..
:-D
--
Josef

Ophelia

Sep 19, 2009, 2:47:01 PM9/19/09

That would account for it...

AlfaMS

Sep 19, 2009, 2:56:34 PM9/19/09
Ophelia schrieb:

Thought as much..
--
Josef

Nick

Sep 19, 2009, 3:27:52 PM9/19/09
~
LOL - not good, that!

Nick

MartinS

Sep 19, 2009, 8:30:03 PM9/19/09
Nick <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Nick wrote:
>> > "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote...

>> > Did you like my little girl? :-D
>>
>> She was a little etherial for my tastes.
>>
> LOL - ethereal?

Anything to do with the Etheric Foundation, aka NIRAB?

> Did you like her tweets?

Does she have bluetits, like Claire's?

--
Martin S.

MartinS

Sep 19, 2009, 8:31:12 PM9/19/09
Nick <paci...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> "reneema...@myway.com" <reneema...@myway.com> wrote:
>> Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>>
>> >http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>>
>> > The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare!
>> > :-D
>>
>> > Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>>
>> Ooh, any of a whole host of fabulous people, luvvie. Vera Lynn,
>> Michael Flatley, Floella Benjamin, Vladimir Putin, the Cheeky Girls,
>> Denise Robertson, O J Simpson, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Radovan
>> Karadzic (sp?), HRH the Duke of Kent, Anthea Turner, Noel (from
>> "Hearsay"), Michael J Fox (even though the beer would rather foamy),
>> Nelson Mandela (dress sense notwithstanding), Gavin (from
>> "Autoglass"), Amy Winehouse, Katie Boyle, that nice Mr Ahmadinezhad,
>> Charlize Theron, Miss Hoolie from Balamory, Michelle Obama, little
>> Jimmy Krankie, Elizabeth Taylor, Ariel Sharon and diminutive Scottish
>> singer Lulu, with or without her lowered cholesterol.
>>
> Jeepers - LULU!!!!!!!
>
> You've mellowed, RRenee! :-D

It's the gin.

--
Martin S.

MartinS

Sep 19, 2009, 8:31:50 PM9/19/09
"GordonD" <g.d...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote...

>>> I think that Germaine Greer would be *very* interesting.
>>
>> Well, she's not quite as old as Betty, but then who is?
>
> RAlex.

Even RMudge isn't as old as Betty!

--
Martin S.

Enzo Matrix

Sep 20, 2009, 12:09:30 PM9/20/09

Tits like coconuts.

Katherine

Sep 20, 2009, 4:13:52 PM9/20/09
On Sep 19, 8:31 pm, MartinS <m...@my.place> wrote:

(Katherine pulls up comfy chair and takes out knitting.)

TTFN
Katherine

Nick

Sep 20, 2009, 9:04:45 PM9/20/09
On Sep 20, 1:30 am, MartinS <m...@my.place> wrote:
~
LOL

Nick

Nick

Sep 20, 2009, 9:05:59 PM9/20/09
On Sep 20, 5:09 pm, "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> MartinS wrote:
~
Ah, the fairground and hairy coconuts with warm milk!

Nick

CPT

Sep 20, 2009, 9:21:22 PM9/20/09

Now that's a euphonium if ever there was one!

MartinS

Sep 20, 2009, 9:31:32 PM9/20/09

I know that. We used to hang half a one upside down for them.

--
Martin S.

Nick

Sep 20, 2009, 9:32:23 PM9/20/09
~
LOL - I think I'll make some cocoa now!

Nick

MartinS

Sep 20, 2009, 9:33:50 PM9/20/09
> ~
> Ah, the fairground and hairy coconuts with warm milk!

That's where Veronica met Jake in 1957.

--
Martin S.

GordonD

Sep 21, 2009, 2:07:28 PM9/21/09
"MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote in message

If you'd used the other half, you could have hung it the right way up.

Enzo Matrix

Sep 21, 2009, 3:26:28 PM9/21/09

You can't allow a coconut to be right way up. When they are upside down,
they are all confused and docile. Right side up, they are even more
predatory than pumpkins. They'll end up ripping your throat out.

MartinS

Sep 21, 2009, 3:38:38 PM9/21/09
"GordonD" <g.d...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote...
>> "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Tits like coconuts.
>>
>> I know that. We used to hang half a one upside down for them.
>
> If you'd used the other half, you could have hung it the right way up.

We would eat the other half. It's a bugger trying to get the meat out of
the upside-down half.

--
Martin S.

GordonD

Sep 21, 2009, 3:52:22 PM9/21/09
"Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Only if you feed them after midnight.

MartinS

Sep 21, 2009, 4:01:54 PM9/21/09
"GordonD" <g.d...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote...
>> GordonD wrote:
>>> "MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote...

>>> If you'd used the other half, you could have hung it the right way
>>> up.
>>
>> You can't allow a coconut to be right way up. When they are upside
>> down, they are all confused and docile. Right side up, they are even
>> more predatory than pumpkins. They'll end up ripping your throat out.
>
> Only if you feed them after midnight.

Gremlins, like tits, like coconuts.

--
Martin S.

Katherine

Sep 21, 2009, 4:13:43 PM9/21/09

I had heard that, but didn't believe it until now.

TTFN
Katherine

MartinS

Sep 21, 2009, 4:27:28 PM9/21/09
Katherine <kbur...@crrstv.net> wrote:
> "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> GordonD wrote:
>> > "MartinS" <m...@my.place> wrote...

>> > If you'd used the other half, you could have hung it the right way
>> > up.
>>
>> You can't allow a coconut to be right way up. �When they are upside
>> down, they are all confused and docile. Right side up, they are even
>> more predatory than pumpkins. They'll end up ripping your throat out.
>
> I had heard that, but didn't believe it until now.

If you'd believe that, I have this bridge I've been trying to sell...

--
Martin S.

Katherine

Sep 23, 2009, 4:58:56 PM9/23/09
On Sep 21, 4:27 pm, MartinS <m...@my.place> wrote:

If it's not in Quebec, then I'm not interested. <g>

TTFN
Katherine

Nick

Sep 24, 2009, 5:07:12 AM9/24/09
On Sep 20, 5:09 pm, "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> MartinS wrote:
~
<g> I hope you didn't ENTER when, like me being a gentleman, you
should have clicked DO NOT ENTER on the little tweeter's site! :-D

I see the little girl taking a shine to Norris and cooking apple
dumplings for him and nursing his little noddle to her bosom!

I would laugh and I think many of ratucs would titter! :-D

Nick

Nick

Sep 26, 2009, 9:31:48 PM9/26/09
On Sep 17, 6:36 pm, "Enzo Matrix" <enz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> CPT wrote:
> > On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> >>http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>
> >> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>
> >> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>
> > No idea. But I do know that Enzo would like Bet Gilroy back behind the
> > bar.
>
> Would *not* !
>
> But I wouldn't complain if Lillian Spencer made a return.  I might even
> start watching again.
>
> --
~
Must Google Lillian - our tweeter in playing Lilith in a new X Files
flick - click the link on the tweet for a little trailer! :-D

Nick

CPT

Sep 27, 2009, 6:33:56 AM9/27/09

How do you know that his noddle is little?

(What *is* a noddle anyway?)

GordonD

Sep 27, 2009, 7:06:40 AM9/27/09

> (What *is* a noddle anyway?)

Biggle Lears' friend.

Nick

Sep 27, 2009, 4:51:01 PM9/27/09
~
LOL
~

> (What *is* a noddle anyway?)
~
His bonce.

Nick

AlfaMS

Sep 27, 2009, 4:52:43 PM9/27/09
Nick schrieb:

For a long time I was under the impression that it meant a noodle before
it was cooked beyond "al dente"..
--
Josef

mark

Sep 27, 2009, 5:14:41 PM9/27/09

"CPT" <colinpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

I think this covers it ( with etymology switched on):

noddle, n.1

('n?d(?)l)

Forms: 5-6 nodle, 5 -el, -ul(le, -yl(e; 6-7 nodell, 6 -il; 6 noddel
(7 -ell), Sc. -ill; 6- noddle, 9 dial. nuddle.

[Of obscure origin. No similar form appears in any of the cognate
languages.]

?1.1 a.1.a The back of the head. Obs.

c 1425 St. Elizabeth of Spalbeck in Anglia VIII. 108/46 Sche smytes
hir-selfe in �e nodel of the hede byhynde. c 1440 Promp. Parv. 357/2
Nodyl, or nodle of �e heed (or nolle), occiput. 1548 Vicary Anat. iii.
(1888) 27 A bone of the hinder part of the head called the Noddel of the
head. 1567 J. Maplet Gr. Forest 6 They rippe in sunder the noddle of his
head. 1676 Hobbes Iliad 62 His strong sharp-pointed spear?lighting Behind
upon the noddle of his head.

b.1.b The back of the neck. (Cf. 2 c.) Now dial.

1564 P. Moore Hope Health i. v. 9 Memorie is placed in the hindermost
parte of the braine aboue the noddle of the necke. 1567 Golding Ovid's
Met. (1593) v. 108 To Petales he lendeth such a souse Full in the noddle of
the necke. 1590 P. Barrough Meth. Physick i. xxiv. (1639) 42 After that
fasten cupping glasses to the noddle of the neck. 1823 E. Moor Suffolk
Words s.v. Nuddle, Cut a lock of hair from the nuddle of the neck. 1889
Macm. Mag. Sept. 358 Last winter I suffered terrible with the misery in my
head-just in the noddle o' the neck it fared to lay.

2.2 absol. ?a.2.a The back of the head. Obs. b.2.b The head or pate.
(Colloq. or jocular.)

c 1425 Voc. in Wr.-W�lcker 633 Hoc occipud, Ae nodulle. c 1450 M. E.
Med. Bk. (Heinrich) 65 As ofte �ou anoynte �yne heued in �e nodul be hynde
wy� hoot watur. 1509 Hawes Past. Pleas. xliv. (Percy Soc.) 213 On his
noddle darkely flamyng Was set Saturne?And Jupiter amiddes his foreheade.
1533 Elyot Cast. Helthe (1541) 10 b, Imagination in the forheed: Reason in
the braine: Remembrance in the nodell. 1582 Stanyhurst �neis iii. (Arb.)
91 His nodil in crossewise wresting downe droups to the growndward. 1607
Markham Caval. v. (1617) 21 From the noddle or crowne of his head downward
vnto his mayne. c 1645 Howell Lett. (1650) I. 360 The late Queen of Spain
took off one of her chapines and clowted Olivares about the noddle with it.
1664 Butler Hud. ii. i. 532 Quoth he, My Head's not made of brass As Friar
Bacon's noddle was. 1713 Arbuthnot John Bull ii. v, If they offered to
come into the warehouse, then strait went the yard slap over their noddle.
1755 J. Shebbeare Lydia (1769) II. 191 Master Doctor, having thatched his
noddle with his enormous periwig,?sallied forth. 1825 Scott 16 May in
Fam. Lett. (1894) II. xxi. 267 The fine bust he cut of my poor noddle three
years ago. 1864 Thackeray D. Duval i, Many a smart rap with the
rolling-pin have I had over my noddle.

?c.2.c The back of the neck. (Cf. 1 b.) Obs. rare.

1599 Breton Will of Wit 3, I suddenly stept to him, tooke him by the
Noddle and turned him to my work. 1612 Woodall Surg. Mate Wks. (1653) 22
Cupping-glasses?are used?to set in the nodell, and on the upper part of the
shoulder-blades.

3.3 The head as the seat of the mind or thought. (Colloq., and usually with
playful or contemptuous suggestion of dullness or emptiness.)

1579 Tomson Calvin's Serm. Tim. 656/1 The diuell?putteth into their
braines and foolishe noddles to make great shewes. 1594 Lyly Moth. Bomb.
ii. i, Let me alone,?there's matter in this noddle. 1611 W. Baker Paneg.
Verses in Coryat Crudities, Thy worke (which is the moddell Of most the wit
enskonsed in thy noddell). 1654 Vilvain Theor. Theol. vii. 193 He frams a
new Moon-calf-model of Heaven?after his own Pythagorean Noddle. 1709
Steele Tatler No. 178 ?2 These Reflections?seize the Noddles of such as were
not born to have Thoughts of their own. 1755 B. Martin Mag. Arts & Sci.
123 All the senseless Whimsies that have possessed the Noddles of the
credulous Vulgar. 1793 Cowper Let. to W. Hayley 27 July, Laying his own
noddle, and the carpenter's noddle together. 1840 Barham Ingol. Leg. Ser.
i. Acc. New Play, Lady Arundel?Perplexes her noddle with no such nice
queries. 1869 Trollope He knew, etc. xxxvi, Slatternly girls, with?out an
idea inside their noddles!

?b.3.b By extension: A person. Obs. rare.

1705 Hickeringill Priest-cr. 43 John Calvin, a cunning Man, a great
Scholar; and, above all, a reaching Noddle. 1711 Shaftesbury Charac.
(1737) I. 148 If they can produce a set of Lancashire noddles, remote
provincial head-pieces,?to attest a story of a witch upon a broomstick.

4.4 attrib. and Comb., as ?noddle-pate; ?noddle-bone, the occipital bone;
?noddle-case, a wig; ?noddle-thatcher, a wig-maker.

1611 Cotgr., Os occipital, the *noddle bone. 1615 Crooke Body of Man
442 The fourth is called Os Occipitis the Noddle or Nowle-bone. 1681 W.
Robertson Phraseol. Gen. (1693) 271 The hind-head bone, or, the noddle-bone.

1702 T. Brown Wks. (1760) II. 197 Next time you have occasion for a new
*noddle-case,?I'll recommend you to the honestest perriwig-maker in
Christendom. 1712 Steele Spect. No. 518 ?9 A Pinch of right and fine
Barcelona?, and a Noddle-case loaden with Pulvil.

1622 Breton Strange News Wks. (Grosart) II. 11/1 Naturall
capacities,?such as they were, and fitted the humour of his *noddle pate.

1716-20 Lett. fr. Mist's Jrnl. (1722) I. 84 To deprive 20000
*Noddle-Thatchers of their Livelihood.

Nick

Sep 28, 2009, 5:03:36 AM9/28/09
~
<g> Must look up al dente!

Always knew what a noddle was as in...

# Noddle to nock!
# Noddle to nock!
# We'll split Prince John
# From noddle to nock!

only I thought nock was spelt nod for many years and wasn't sure what
a nod was - last year, I investigated with my little Collins GEM
English dictionary and found out!

The song is from Disney's Story of Robin Hood!

Nick

CPT

Sep 28, 2009, 7:02:33 PM9/28/09
On Sep 28, 10:03 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> <g> Must look up al dente!

I think if you look up Al Dente, he'll be very annoyed, to say the
least.

(Wasn't he some kind of gangster? Or was that Al Martino?)

Nick

Sep 29, 2009, 6:29:30 AM9/29/09
~
Neville Brand - I saw him riot in Cell Block 11! :-D

Nick

MartinS

Sep 29, 2009, 11:49:59 PM9/29/09
"GordonD" <g.d...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> "CPT" <colinpa...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote...

>> (What *is* a noddle anyway?)
>
> Biggle Lears' friend.

I though Biggles' friends were Ginger, Algy and Bertie.

Among the 97 Biggles titles published between 1932 and 1997 are:

Biggles Flies North; also South, West, East and Again, but not Undone
Biggles Presses On
Biggles Works It Out
Biggles Delivers The Goods
Biggles Takes It Rough
Biggles Cuts It Fine
Biggles Sees Too Much, and
Biggles Goes Home

--
Martin S.

Nick

Sep 30, 2009, 5:51:13 AM9/30/09
On Sep 30, 4:49 am, MartinS <m...@my.place> wrote:
> "GordonD" <g.da...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> > "CPT" <colinpaultur...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote...

> >> (What *is* a noddle anyway?)
>
> > Biggle Lears' friend.
>
> I though Biggles' friends were Ginger, Algy and Bertie.
>
> Among the 97 Biggles titles published between 1932 and 1997 are:
>
> Biggles Flies North; also South, West, East and Again, but not Undone
> Biggles Presses On
> Biggles Works It Out
> Biggles Delivers The Goods
> Biggles Takes It Rough
> Biggles Cuts It Fine
> Biggles Sees Too Much, and
> Biggles Goes Home

~
Must read Biggles one day!

Nick

MartinS

Sep 30, 2009, 12:03:53 PM9/30/09
> Must read Biggles one day!

It might take longer than one day!

--
Martin S.

Nick

Oct 8, 2009, 5:06:49 AM10/8/09
On Sep 17, 10:07 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> http://twitter.com/ashlynn_Brooke
>
> The figures would go through the roof but the PTB wouldn't dare! :-D
>
> Who would *you* like to see pulling pints?
>
> Edward from Norfolk
~
~
In Corrie we have Darrell(?) in the kebab shop, but I would like to
see
Daryl from Partyland (an English digital phone-in TV channel) tending
to the
Rovers' patrons; I sometimes watch Daryl when I'm drinking my cocoa! :-

Nick

CPT

Oct 8, 2009, 12:10:54 PM10/8/09
On Oct 8, 10:06 am, Nick <pacif...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

> I sometimes watch Daryl when I'm drinking my cocoa! :-

Now that's *got* to be a euphonium!

Nick

Oct 8, 2009, 8:02:03 PM10/8/09
~