Bill Kenwright RIP

GordonD

Oct 24, 2023, 1:00:35 PM10/24/23
Bill Kenwright, who played Gordon Clegg (son of Betty Turpin) has died.
He was perhaps better known as a theatrical producer and chairman of
Everton FC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67203234
--
Gordon Davie
Edinburgh, Scotland

lucr...@florence.it

Oct 24, 2023, 4:27:34 PM10/24/23
On Tue, 24 Oct 2023 18:00:30 +0100, GordonD <g.d...@btinternet.com>
wrote:

>Bill Kenwright, who played Gordon Clegg (son of Betty Turpin) has died.
>He was perhaps better known as a theatrical producer and chairman of
>Everton FC.
>
>https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67203234

I can't place him and since we arrived in Canada in 1967 and CBC did
not at that point show Corrie, likely that's why, there's a chunk
there I missed.

James Heaton

Oct 25, 2023, 6:51:30 AM10/25/23
He was in for about a year, then in and out for many years - a few
episodes at a time mainly

At one point Gordon was played by another actor because he was unavailable

Last appearances were Betty's funeral in 2012

He had a noticeable Scouse accent both in and out of character; he was
also a presenter on Radio 2 in the UK for some years.

So sad he didn't live to see the new stadium, but at least he won't see
us relegated next May.

James

kat

Nov 6, 2023, 5:50:18 AM11/6/23
Might just miss it, those below seem worse. Ipswich on the other hand... Might
see you up there. ;-)
--
kat