Young Ones : monk de wally de honk

Philip Pritchett

Jan 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/29/96
Does anyone remember the University challenge episode of the Young Ones ?
Remember the bit where one of Footlights college oxbridge team gives the answer
"is it ... is it ..... Monk de Wally de Honk"

I think the same name appears in The Young Ones book as well . Does anyone know
anything about this "Monk de Wally de Honk" - apart from his job obviously ?
Was he a real person ? Do I have to stalk Ben Elton to get the answer ?

anyone ... anyone .... bueller .... anyone ....

Cheers,
Phil

Rowena Aquino

Feb 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM2/6/96
Philip Pritchett <p...@robots.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

>anyone ... anyone .... bueller .... anyone ....

Nope, sorry, he isn't here...it's his day off....

Rowena

wooki...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2019, 12:59:51 PM2/2/19
Cant help sorry.

Why im looking up Mont De Wally De honk is anyones guess in 2019 😂

dontbuyp...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2019, 6:06:40 PM3/8/19
Weird. I woke up with this name running through my mind and clicked on a 23 year old post that someone had replied to a few weeks ago. Boomshanka

thomas...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2019, 2:11:48 PM8/10/19
On Monday, January 29, 1996 at 9:00:00 AM UTC+1, Philip Pritchett wrote:
> Does anyone remember the University challenge episode of the Young Ones ?
> Remember the bit where one of Footlights college oxbridge team gives the answer
> "is it ... is it ..... Monk de Wally de Honk"
>
> I think the same name appears in The Young Ones book as well . Does anyone know
> anything about this "Monk de Wally de Honk" - apart from his job obviously ?
> Was he a real person ? Do I have to stalk Ben Elton to get the answer ?
>
> anyone ... anyone .... bueller .... anyone ....
>
> Cheers,
> Phil

Actor Hugh Laurie is the person who Gave the answer Monk de Wally de Honk"

Peter Haynes

Sep 2, 2023, 5:27:42 PM9/2/23
Anyone know?