Frank Skinner's show

Roberto

Jan 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/2/97

The interview Frank just gave with Gene Wilder must have been the
worst interview I have seen on TV. I'm not sure whether it was Gene
being very quite or Frank asking the wrong questions, but Gene looked
very uncomfortable.
The show as a whole was'n all that good, anyway.

Richard Green

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97

In article <32cc3e8e...@news.demon.co.uk>,

Roberto <rob...@ruggeri.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>The interview Frank just gave with Gene Wilder must have been the
>worst interview I have seen on TV. I'm not sure whether it was Gene
>being very quite or Frank asking the wrong questions, but Gene looked
>very uncomfortable.

Frank was doing that on purpose, I think. It's a rather "Roger Irrelevant"
(the Viz character) approach to interviewing and I'm not yet sure if I like it.
Gene didn't look as uncomfortable as Tony Blair in the Christmas special!
("Blair smiles at piss bucket joke.") There were some good moments, though.

Even more weird are Frank's interludes, e.g. Chimp disposal, "Prostitution" and
the item about Santa being a "homo". That man has a WEIRD sense of humour.
The audience are either confused or badly warmed up.

Richard

Jonathan Wren

Jan 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/3/97
to jwg....@dial.pipex.com

Roberto wrote:

> The interview Frank just gave with Gene Wilder must have been the
> worst interview I have seen on TV. I'm not sure whether it was Gene
> being very quite or Frank asking the wrong questions, but Gene looked
> very uncomfortable.
> The show as a whole was'n all that good, anyway.

I couldn't agree more and I was gonna write the same thing before you
beat me to it. Oh God! It was shambolic, like Frank didn't know what the
hell to say next. What was it about? They must have talked for 25 minutes
about absoloutely nothing and already I can't remember anything they
said.

I guess Frank thought that Gene was gonna be this really funny guy and he
was gonna play off him, but Gene came on said `I'm not a funny person'
and that was the show over apart from the interest in watching Frank die
on air, which is something I'd never thought I'd see. I mean, how old is
that clingfilm gag...and it wasn't funny in the first place.

It's gonna take some bad TV in 97 to beat that crap!

Jon

Ian J

Jan 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/4/97

Frank - is just not that good, simply put.
--
Regards,
Ian.

Roberto <rob...@ruggeri.demon.co.uk> wrote in article
<32cc3e8e...@news.demon.co.uk>...

Martin Nike

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

Roberto (rob...@ruggeri.demon.co.uk) wrote:
: The interview Frank just gave with Gene Wilder must have been the

: worst interview I have seen on TV. I'm not sure whether it was Gene
: being very quite or Frank asking the wrong questions, but Gene looked
: very uncomfortable.
: The show as a whole was'n all that good, anyway.

Yes, Gene Wilder looked very uncomfortable, and didn't seem to
understand a lot of the jokes!

--
Martin Nike
Correct Systems Research Group,

JOHN OSHEA

Jan 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/6/97

'm...@dcs.shef.ac.uk (Martin Nike)' wrote:

>Roberto (rob...@ruggeri.demon.co.uk) wrote:
>: The interview Frank just gave with Gene Wilder must have been the
>: worst interview I have seen on TV. I'm not sure whether it was Gene
>: being very quite or Frank asking the wrong questions, but Gene looked
>: very uncomfortable.
>: The show as a whole was'n all that good, anyway.
>
>Yes, Gene Wilder looked very uncomfortable, and didn't seem to
>understand a lot of the jokes!

Most of them weren't that funny. Even I, sick as I am, failed to raise a
laugh at the "Chuck out your Chimps" IKEA rip-off.

I think I saw a worse interview done by Wogan some years ago. Sadly I can't
recall the "victim," but he (I think) restricted his answers to "yes" or
"no." Frank Skinner has been completely miscast as a chat show host -
almost as bad as the truly awful "Cows" on Ch4.

John O'Shea

Ruz W

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

I totally agree

Gene Wilder looked totally confused, and it seemed that Franks planned
interview had gone badly wrong.

He seemed to wasnt to quiz Gene Wilder about being a comedian - which Gene
rejected at the start of the interview by saying he was not a comic but an
actor. This was bad news for frank who then didn't seem to know which way
to go.

And what was the auld lang syne monolouge all about - it was just like a
bad college lecturer trying to make one of his lessons light hearted.

The chimps thing was initially a funny gag, until we saw blood spurting
from a dead chimp - bad taste frank (not the good bad taste you spoke to
gene about).

What a pity - as Frank kinner is usually oon Top form - lets hope the
series gets better.

Dave Budd

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

Hmmm. I quite enjoy it. I assumed part of the premise was that Frank isn't
going to do all the usual questions. If I had a chat show I would
deliberately ask the guests about things outside of their area of
expertise - like if I had Tim Henman on, I'd ask him about chess; or with
US film stars, I'd discuss the UK radio series about Uncle Mort; etc.

--
If Replying, delete the trailing x from the To: field ( .uk, not .ukx )
D.Budd AT mcc.ac.uk http://www.man.ac.uk/~zlsiida +441612756033

Richard Green

Jan 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/7/97

In article <19970107020...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,

Ruz W <ru...@aol.com> wrote:

>What a pity - as Frank kinner is usually oon Top form - lets hope the
>series gets better.

I think Frank has been abducted by aliens and replaced. He's stopped saying
"this is absolutely true" about 5 times an hour.

"What would have happened if the [Roswell] alien had gone into show
business?" - Frank Skinner

Dan Benwell

Jan 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/11/97

Frank is usally very good. This show is very poor.
This weeks was only saved by Ozzy.

"Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Daniel Garrett

Jan 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/14/97

In article <01bbff58$f8ae5480$0201a8c0@dan-p133>, Dan Benwell
<danbe...@dial.pipex.com> writes

>Frank is usally very good. This show is very poor.
>This weeks was only saved by Ozzy.

Ozzy was absolutely great!! Not only did this guy front one of the best bands
ever (Black Sabbath) he is also the most hilarious rocker going, how did a
guy like that get to be a world famous rock god??? Whattaguy.
--
Daniel Garrett

Dadge

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

>The interview Frank just gave with Gene Wilder must have been the
>worst interview I have seen on TV

Amen to that!
whatever the previous series had got (one thing was a decent set)
this series hasn't got it

it's rubbish frank!

dadge

Dadge

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

dave budd wrote... If I had a chat show I would
deliberately ask the guests about things outside of their area of
expertise - like if I had Tim Henman on, I'd ask him about chess; or with
US film stars, I'd discuss the UK radio series about Uncle Mort; etc.

i guess that's why you've not got a job on tv, dave

happy new year

dadge

Dadge

Jan 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/15/97

>Frank is usally very good. This show is very poor.
>This weeks was only saved by Ozzy.

du spinnst!
was ist mit ozzy?
seine nerven sind "shot"