girl gamers and tampering with markets

Someone Else

Jan 27, 2003, 11:22:24 PM1/27/03
"Sal Ahmi" <sa...@razcals.com> wrote in message
news:b6hZ9.64198$6G4.11613@sccrnsc02...

> > > No surprise to hear that Charles Doane likes soap operas.

> > Soap Operas are a lot worse than Pot, etc.

> I'm sure they are, but where did that come from? You talking about
> addictiveness? I don't understand how someone could watch a soap opera
for
> more than two minutes, much less every day. Everything about them is
> embarassingly bad.

Thousands, if not millions, of women and men waste a good part of the day
watching these things. They lose so much productivity and gain absolutely
nothing from them except not being bored for the 4 hours they watch them.
Also, it reinforces the romance myth of life. Sets their thinking patterns
into templates that will never be fulfilled. And young people are seeing
all these fucked up relationships where the whole cast is married at one
time or another to the other cast members. That's worse than pot because at
least people understand pot's effects. Soap Operas are worse than pot
because people don't think they are harmful.

Sal Ahmi

Jan 27, 2003, 11:39:14 PM1/27/03

"Someone Else" <doesitrea...@hu.com> wrote in

> Thousands, if not millions, of women and men waste a good part of the day
> watching these things. They lose so much productivity and gain absolutely
> nothing from them except not being bored for the 4 hours they watch them.
> Also, it reinforces the romance myth of life. Sets their thinking
patterns
> into templates that will never be fulfilled. And young people are seeing
> all these fucked up relationships where the whole cast is married at one
> time or another to the other cast members. That's worse than pot because
at
> least people understand pot's effects. Soap Operas are worse than pot
> because people don't think they are harmful.

If they were smoking pot then they would probably realize just how bad what
they were watching really is. This is Doane, isn't it? Who else could make
the jump from soap to dope?

Someone Else

Jan 28, 2003, 12:19:15 AM1/28/03
No, it takes insight and right thinking to make the jump from Soap to Dope.
Doane is a troll, not me. I'm being serious.
Soaps are the opiate of the people.

"Sal Ahmi" <sa...@razcals.com> wrote in message

terrell gibbs

Jan 28, 2003, 3:57:51 PM1/28/03
In article <3e3604e4$0$30063$45be...@newscene.com>, Someone Else
<doesitrea...@hu.com> wrote:

> Thousands, if not millions, of women and men waste a good part of the day
> watching these things. They lose so much productivity and gain absolutely
> nothing from them except not being bored for the 4 hours they watch them.

People who spend large chunks of their time playing videogames probably
shouldn't be pointing the finger of blame at what other people do for
entertainment.

Someone Else

Jan 28, 2003, 8:48:20 PM1/28/03
I play video games about thee or four times a month. I work.

"terrell gibbs" <tgi...@bu.edu> wrote in message

&-B!t St@r

Jan 28, 2003, 10:05:28 PM1/28/03

Someone Else wrote:

> I play video games about thee

You play video games about Terrell Gibbs?
Wowzers.

Sean Connery

Jan 29, 2003, 12:41:50 AM1/29/03
In article <3e36fc82$0$30064$45be...@newscene.com>,

Someone Else <doesitrea...@hu.com> wrote:
>I play video games about thee or four times a month. I work.

So *you're* the tard at my local video store who can't figure out how to
frigging alphabatize the DVDs. Keep up the great work...

--
0--------------------------------------------------------------------0
| http://www.unrealtournament2003.com | Have You Played Atari Today? |

Someone Else

Jan 29, 2003, 2:56:46 AM1/29/03
Like a rat to a crumb.

"&-B!t St@r" <nesNOS...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

terrell gibbs

Jan 29, 2003, 9:57:13 AM1/29/03
In article <3e36fc82$0$30064$45be...@newscene.com>, Someone Else
<doesitrea...@hu.com> wrote:

> I play video games about thee or four times a month. I work.

And a lot of women leave soap operas on while working around the house.
Soap operas are designed to be viewed in this way, with a lot of
redundancy so that you can pick up the plot even if doing something
else at the same time. It is very hard to do anything else productive
while playing a videogame.

I've Got A Loverly Bunch Of Coconuts

Jan 29, 2003, 12:03:42 PM1/29/03

"terrell gibbs" <tgi...@bu.edu> wrote in message

Yeah ... I wish games that could be played while exercising had caught on.

Someone Else

Jan 29, 2003, 2:15:35 PM1/29/03
"terrell gibbs" <tgi...@bu.edu> wrote in message

> > I play video games about thee or four times a month. I work.

> And a lot of women leave soap operas on while working around the house.

And, did you misread my post to say that everyone in the world wasn't?

Someone Else

Jan 29, 2003, 2:59:25 PM1/29/03
Tried Advance War while stationary biking? Is easy.

"I've Got A Loverly Bunch Of Coconuts" <Slartib...@hugh.jass.org> wrote
in message news:v3g2bgh...@corp.supernews.com...

Codswallop

Jan 29, 2003, 5:13:18 PM1/29/03
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:03:42 GMT, I've Got A Loverly Bunch Of Coconuts
wrote in rec.games.video.nintendo:

>> And a lot of women leave soap operas on while working around the
>> house. Soap operas are designed to be viewed in this way, with a lot
>> of redundancy so that you can pick up the plot even if doing
>> something else at the same time. It is very hard to do anything else
>> productive while playing a videogame.

Try playing games such as 'Rollercoaster Tycoon' or 'Sim City' or even
'The Sims'. These games don't require constant attention (well, 'The
Sims' does to an extent) and you can go about other things whilst
playing (i.e. leave the PC and come back 20 minutes later).

Though Sim City 4 is a bit harder!

--
- Cods

pbqfj...@arjznvy.pbz