B&B

Linda Zukauskas

Jan 2, 1991, 1:11:14 PM1/2/91

I'll do a quickie update since I haven't since one for B&B in a while and
I did get a chance to catch up on my vacation.

Eric surprised Brooke with a getaway to the cabin at Big Bear. (They
brought the baby who slept the whole time.) Eric had champagne waiting
and a neglige for Brooke to put on.

Meanwhile, Stephanie is telling Ridge she feels the need to getaway. He
suggests Hawaii, seeing friends, etc. She wants to be alone and gets her
own idea.

Taylor is daydreaming of Storm; he gave her an engagement ring on Christmas
Eve and told her to wear it a week and then give him an answer. Ridge interupts
her dreaming and guesses that the ring is only a trial run. He asks her
to slip away with him.

Brooke hears a snow storm report on the radio, and curls up with Eric by the
fire. Stephanie walks in. Shortly, they hear a helicopter. Enter Ridge and
Taylor. The radio says the roads are closed. So they all get to stay the
night!

In the am (only Eric and Brooke shared the same bed) Ridge tells Brooke she
never got over him and she says he never got over her. Brooke asks Taylor
why she's betraying Storm and Taylor says she needs to test her relationship
with Storm because her decision will effect the rest of her life. Eric
tells Stephanie he'll be marrying Brooke next week. (Eric is planning the
whole thing, a fairytale wedding to make Brooke's dream come true.)

Stephanie, Ridge and Taylor leave Eric and Brooke alone in the cabin (roads
got a little better.) Back home, Ridge and Stephanie talk, she telling
him that Caroline wanted Ridge with Brooke. Ridge daydreams a lot about
Caroline.

Felicia seduces that man who was abused by his father (I'm sorry, can't
remember his name) but he can't go through with it. He's bothered by a
jingling noise that he keeps remembering but can't place. It's probably
connected with the abuse but he can't figure it out.

That's about all I remember from 12/26 and 12/27ish. If anyone can post
another update soon, I'd appreciate it cause I don't get to see it often.

--

... and to all a good nite...

icsb...@msu3.oscs.montana.edu

Jan 6, 1991, 3:01:43 PM1/6/91
Hello all,

I don't know where to start. The most important thing that I remember is
that Ridge came over to see Brooke to give her a good luck kiss!! He
explained to her that he wasn't sure he would stay for the whole wedding
becasue something might come up. Well, he gave her a peck on the cheek
and they hugged. Then they both fell apart and kissed passionately for a
few seconds. He then left either very hurt or very disgusted.

Meanwhile Steph is trying to convince Eric to let her come to the wedding.
He strongly disagrees saying that Brooke wouldn't wan't her there. Well she
finally goes to visit Brooke feeding her lines on how she would only be
beneficial to Brooke when all the press comes around. Yeah, BS Steph!!
She does convince Brooke to invite her but she makes sure that Steph
doesn't have anymore snakes up her sleeves.

So on Friday's show (1-4-91) Brooke and her sisters arrive at Palm
Springs where the wedding is at. Anyway, I'll get to good part. Ridge
came over to Brooke's dressing room and talks to her convincing her that
marrying Eric would only hurt him because he know she is in love with Ridge.
So he asks Brooke two questions 1)Do you still love me? (She says yes!)
2)Will you marry me? (She says yes). He brings the minister in, and it
ends there. Personally, I think that Brooke is dreaming.

Jeff Brabant
* The Zen farmer says "Life is like the Scissors- *
* paper-stone game: None of the answers is always *
* right, but each one sometimes is. Neil Peart!! *

Janice Robson

Jan 7, 1991, 12:33:30 PM1/7/91
In article <009424EF...@Msu3.oscs.montana.edu> icsb...@Msu3.oscs.montana.edu writes:
> So on Friday's show (1-4-91) Brooke and her sisters arrive at Palm
>Springs where the wedding is at. Anyway, I'll get to good part. Ridge
>came over to Brooke's dressing room and talks to her convincing her that
>marrying Eric would only hurt him because he know she is in love with Ridge.
>So he asks Brooke two questions 1)Do you still love me? (She says yes!)
>2)Will you marry me? (She says yes). He brings the minister in, and it
>ends there. Personally, I think that Brooke is dreaming.
>Jeff Brabant

Jeff thanks for the update! I haven't watched this soap in a long, long
time, but I do follow the updates that are posted here. PLEASE, PLEASE,
post Monday's show! If I had known about Friday's show I would have set
my VCR for today! Any and all updates on this soap are appreciated, so
I would be extremely grateful if you or someone else out there will
give an update to let me know what happens to Ridge and Brook!!!!!

Thanks!
Janice

S Kuiper (N31)

Jan 7, 1991, 10:07:30 AM1/7/91
Ditto, what Janice said.

Steve

icsb...@msu3.oscs.montana.edu

Jan 8, 1991, 1:18:29 PM1/8/91
Posting of the show on 1-8-91

The dream is now over and the real thing is about to happen. The
marriage is simple and to the point. I couldn't believe that no one
stood up to challenge the marriage. The reception was plain and simple
not what I had expected to see from Eric. Storm and Ridge almost got into
it but Taylor stopped it. Well after the reception, Eric takes Brook
outside to show her their means of transportation, which is a hot air
balloon which of course Eric knows how to steer. They fly for a while
and Eric says to Brooke, "This map is all I need to fly this thing!"
Well I don't know if there was any pun in that remark, because right
after that he dropped the map weather on purpose or accidentally was
not known to me. Maybe he dropped it on accident and know they will
crash and knock their heads and get amnesia and Brooke will marry
Ridge. How many people want this to happen??? Give me some opinions
on the show, I am curious to see what people think.

S Kuiper (N31)

Jan 9, 1991, 5:24:19 AM1/9/91

OK, bare with me here. I've watched B&B since it began/Capital got
axed. But there was a span of time which I missed unavoidably. And now
the only way for me to keep up is thru this posting since I've just
moved out and have yet to invest in the ever so precious VCR. So please
tell me this, where had Storm disappeared to for so long. There was a
long stretch where I heard nothing about him. And is the original actor
playing the role still. Told you its been a while.

And about this marriage thing, I like Brooke and Eric being married.
It keeps the tension up. Stephanie needs motivation to continue being
the serious bitch she is. If she got Eric back, she'd have to rely
totally on sticking her nose in other people's business. I like seeing
her suffering as much as she makes others suffer. What I'd really like
to see is a bit more maliciousness between Brooke and her mother. i
can't believe there hasn't been a bit more tension and termoil within
their family ranks over this.

Could someone please remind me of the name of the character who was
caught up on Donna for so long - the guy with the leather jacket and
unique hair. Where has he disappeared to. And tell me he doesn't look
exactly like the VJ Pauly from MTV. I don't believe they're the same
people tho.

Well, enough of my babbling. Thanx Jeff for the occasional updates.
Any and all are greatly appreciated. Hopefully within the month I'll
splurge and pick up a VCR (if my raise goes thru - pray for me) so I can
return the favor somewhere down the road. And let's hear some comments
from the rest of the B&B fans out there. Everyone love a good
controversy.

Steve Kuiper

******* 'If God had wanted us to wear clothes ...
... we would have been born that way'
*******

Rhonda E. Burton-Arnold

Jan 9, 1991, 4:39:36 PM1/9/91

If I must choose between father Eric or son Ridge, I prefer Brooke with
Eric--I positively do not like the womanizing Ridge--he is too rigid!

Rondeo

icsb...@msu3.oscs.montana.edu

Jan 10, 1991, 1:44:48 PM1/10/91
In article <1991Jan...@sunserver.relay.nswc.navy.mil>, sk...@sunserver.relay.nswc.navy.mil (S Kuiper (N31)) writes:
>tell me this, where had Storm disappeared to for so long. There was a
>long stretch where I heard nothing about him. And is the original actor
>playing the role still. Told you its been a while.

Well Steve, Storm went to Sacremento for a year to get done with
his law firm schooling. And no there is a different Storm, whom I
like personally.

> Could someone please remind me of the name of the character who was
>caught up on Donna for so long - the guy with the leather jacket and
>unique hair. Where has he disappeared to. And tell me he doesn't look
>exactly like the VJ Pauly from MTV. I don't believe they're the same
>people tho.

His name was Rocko!! He sort of left the show and I don't know
how! I know that he used to work for Forrester. Wait a minute, I
remember. Eric offered him a higher position in one of their
stores in Europe. He does look like Pauly....chillin man.

> Well, enough of my babbling. Thanx Jeff for the occasional updates.

>return the favor somewhere down the road. And let's hear some comments
>from the rest of the B&B fans out there. Everyone love a good
>controversy.

Steve, your welcome, I also like to hear comments. It's fun to
get into this show and have favorite characters to pick on.

See ya,

S Kuiper (N31)

Jan 10, 1991, 7:43:18 AM1/10/91
ERIC'S A WIMP!!!! There's nothing exciting about him. Nothing
mysterious. Nothing spontaneous. He has no real spine to think of. He
has always let Stephanie push him around and manipulate him. He finally
divorced the witch and will lose brooke to Ridge eventually too. brooke
and ridge will get it on somewhere down the line and Brooke will end up
leaving Eric 'cause he's BORING and she needs excitement to compliment
her "spunk."

Ridge on the other hand offers all she wants. Danger, excitement,
spontineity (sp?), youth, energy. She won't be able to resist for to
long. Women go for those traits. Security is a nice trait in a man,
but let's face it, the nice guys finish last when it comes to women.
They want intrigue! Eric's a dud.

And 'Rondeo' I think you're suppressing a bit here. Me thinks thow dust
protest to much.

Steve

sk...@sunserver.relay.nswc.navy.mil -conflict is the pepper
in the soup of
life.

Michael

Jan 9, 1991, 10:31:50 PM1/9/91
In article <1991Jan...@sunserver.relay.nswc.navy.mil>,
sk...@sunserver.relay.nswc.navy.mil (S Kuiper (N31)) says:

> .... tell me this, where had Storm disappeared to for so long. There was a

>long stretch where I heard nothing about him. And is the original actor
>playing the role still. Told you its been a while.

When B&B debuted, Storm Logan was played by Ethan Wayne (son of John Wayne,
the Duke). Logan was a fairly colorless, always nice lawyer type, who was
written out ("I'm going to San Francisco for a promotion in my law firm")
when the writers ran out of stories for a guy who kept losing out in love.

Brian Patrick Clarke (former Merle the Pearl on Eight is Enough, and Grant
Putnam/Andrews on General Hospital) personally contacted Bill Bell and the
people at B&B when he decided he wanted on the show. There had been
no intention to reintroduce the character of Storm Logan, but those plans
were revised when it was decided to add Clarke to the cast.

> Could someone please remind me of the name of the character who was
>caught up on Donna for so long - the guy with the leather jacket and
>unique hair. Where has he disappeared to. And tell me he doesn't look
>exactly like the VJ Pauly from MTV. I don't believe they're the same
>people tho.

Brian Genesse (?), a Burlington, Ontario, Canada native played the role
of Rocco, the "alternative" dude who had the hots for Donna Logan. Through
a combination of a lack of story potential, and the actor's desire to break
into features, he left in March 1989 when Donna's "I gotta get Bill Spencer
naked to make him pay for putting me naked in his magazine" storyline was
over. I think I saw him in a "Hostess Potato Chip" commercial in
Canada, though, when I was back for Christmas.

Mike at Penn State

S Kuiper (N31)

Jan 11, 1991, 6:26:58 AM1/11/91

Rocko!!! That's right. Thanx! It was driving me nuts. I liked his
character - wish he were still around. Maybe they could get Pauly to
play the part if they can't get the original back. Anyway ... thanks
Jeff for the updates and the info on Storm. Don't like the name (kind
of corny) to much but I liked his character back then too.
***************************

This could be fun ... Brooke and Eric are happily married. No reason
for problems, except - Eric's age begins to catch up with him and begins
having a sexual disfunction of sorts. Brooke being the verile young
lady that she is needs to be fulfilled but Eric is unable to ablige.
Ridge learns of this and eventually seduces Brooke by playing on the
notion that she deserves to experience pleasures of the flesh. Voila
... conflict!! writers take it from there.

Just a thought. Thanks again for the input. Let's keep it coming!

Steve BBBB & BBBB
sk...@sunserver.nswc.navy.mil B B & B B
BBBB &&&&& BBBB
B B & B B
BBBB & BBBB

JR6B...@miamiu.bitnet

Jan 13, 1991, 10:50:40 PM1/13/91
All right--am I the only one who thought this hot-air balloon thing was hope-
lessly corny? YUCK! To answer your question, I for one think Brooke and Ridge
should just go ahead and interact. It's time. Yes--

Michael

Jan 14, 1991, 7:55:18 PM1/14/91
I enjoyed the Monday 1/14 episode: Taylor and Stephanie try to probe into
one another's feelings about divorce, and Taylor asserts that "You have
no choice in divorce but to redefine your identity", revealing (once and
for all) that she is a divorcee. I enjoyed the bantering between them.
This talk about one's identity being partially defined by marriage is
heavy stuff in soap terms--I enjoyed it for a change.

I liked Felicia's scenes with Jake. As you may know, "paradoxical intention"
in sexual dysfunction cases is a relatively common intervention. For those
who missed it, Felicia just wanted to "mess around" with Jake--intercourse
was neither necessary nor required nor desirable. As Felicia said, in a
very sensual way, "You better not get too excited, Jake, or I might go
crazy....." The intervention worked: Jake was able to have a very
satisfying session with Felicia, and they were both perspiring heavily.

I enjoyed these scenes because they were positive, character-oriented
(not plot oriented), and "deep" in soap terms.

Bravo to B&B.

Now, let Eric keel over of a heart-attack, let Stephanie nurture him
back to health, and let Brooke and Ridge be together.

And let Thorne and Macy open up a musical theatre.

Mike at Penn State