B&B: UPDATE: Monday, 11/14/94

Hai N. Tang

Nov 16, 1994, 4:55:07 AM11/16/94

Want to receive this and other daily updates? Then please follow the
instructions at the end of this update.

Watch out for the "Don't-Blink" moment appearing at the end of this episode!

Characters' appearances: Stefanie and Ivana
Thorne and Macy
Omar and Taylor
Brooke and Ridge

Thorne's Office
---------------

Stefanie (Queen Mother) comes in and sees Ivana sitting at Thorne's
desk. Ivana tells Her Majesty that she is leaving a note for Thorne
since he is late. When she tells Queen Mother that Thorn and her are
"close," she approves because she has not seen her son His Highness this
happy in a long time. Stefanie thanks her for asking Jose Eber to give
Jessica a makeover. Queen Mother wishes that she could cheer Jessica up
on a regular basis. She also wishes that Dylan would just leave her
niece alone. Then Ivana lets it slip that he is not leaving her alone.
When Queen Mother, demands to know if they are still seeing each other,
Ivana (Loose Lips) reluctantly confirms this fact.

Recording Studio
----------------

Leafing through a guide book of Holland, Thorne mentions to Macy that
Holland is best known for its museums. He teases her and says he won't let
Macy leave Holland until she visits one of these museums and enjoys her
favorite Rembrandt. When he tries to compare the tour to something ,
she suggests that perhaps it will be like a honeymoon.

Omar's Palace
-------------

Brooke and Ridge are packing to go to the airport so they will arrive in
L.A. before morning and see their children. But before they leave, Brooke
would like to meet Layla and tell her what a wonderful man Omar is.

Meanwhile, Omar comes to Taylor's room. When he informs her that the
couple is preparing to leave, she pleads with him to allow her to leave
with them. He asks her if she thinks her going back to Ridge is even an
option since she can not gain anything good from it. Tears welling in
her eyes, she declares that she longs for Ridge like she has never longed
for anyone. She continues pathetically, "I am half a person without him."
"But you would be less than half a person with him," counters Omar. Then
Taylor desperately suggests that Ridge could give up Brooke and spend
time with Taylor in a faraway place. He tells her that her death has
changed everything and that Ridge has coped with his loss and decided to
move on with his life. Taylor insists that she believes that had Ridge
known she is alive, he would still love her as he did before she
disappeared.

Ridge is amazed that Brooke would like to meet Layla. When he states
that they will stay together for fifty more years, Brooke replies that
they are immortal and will be around forever for each other.

Thorne's Office
---------------

Queen Mother demands to know where Dylan and Jessica are meeting but
Ivana does not know. When she asks Ivana how she learned of their secret
meetings, Ivana informs her that Jessica told her in the strictest
confidence. Stefanie is upset and rushes out to prevent any more
clandestine rendezvous.

Recording Studio
----------------

Thorne agrees it will be like a honeymoon because the fans are expecting
this. "Or so it should appear," implies Macy. When she suggests that
they have separate bedrooms, he agrees that "it goes without saying."
But she smiles and asks, "Does it?" Thorne wants to know what she is
thinking. Macy thanks him for helping her to live out a fantasy, a
fantasy in which she is making music and people are listening. Even her
marriage with Thorne is not a failure because it gave her a friend and
partner. Ever since Thorne had helped her with her alcoholism, she
wanted to return the favor. He admits that having the opportunity to
sing has made a big difference in his life.

Omar's Palace
-------------

Brooke wonders why Layla does not love Omar since he saved her life
and nursed her back to health. Ridge says if they still have time after
their packing, they will go to Layla's room and convince her to love
Omar. Delighted, Brooke agrees and hurries with the packing.

Taylor insists that if she returns to Ridge, she will not be the one who
will ruin the lives of Ridge, Brooke, and their children. She blames
this on unforseen circumstances. Omar persuades her that although
she has not created this situation, she can prevent further anguish by
not seeing Ridge. He says it was fate that brought Taylor to Morocco
because there are many people including him who desperately needed her
help. (Are we to believe that Moroccans are in desperate need of a
therapist?) Ridge's destiny now lies with Brooke and the children.
Hearing this pronouncement, Taylor runs out.

Recording Studio
----------------

Thorne and Macy are choreographing their movements in preparation for the
performance on stage. Take one. While finishing a love song, they turn
and gaze at each other lovingly and then turn to face the audience. When
they stop, Thorne feels something is not quite right and suggests they
kiss to maintain the image of "love, warmth, and romance." Take two.
When they gaze at each other again, they give each other a quick smack on
the lips. He says the kiss was too superficial and the audience will not
believe the act. Take three. And this time they kiss tenderly and
continue for fifteen seconds. (Yes, I timed it!) Startled at their
passion, they disengage and look at each other.

Forrester Palace
----------------

Queen Mother calls Mrs. Emerson, the Assistant District Attorney and
leaves a message, saying that Dylan is continuing to see Jessica and they
must take action.

Omar's Palace
-------------

Ridge and Brooke come to say goodbye to Omar. As they turn to leave,
a veiled woman with only her eyes unhidden enters and introduces herself
as Layla. Disguising her voice, Taylor says she has come to say goodbye
to his guests. She apologizes to them for not meeting them sooner
because she has not been well. [ Begin Don't-Blink Moment ]

As the couple walk away after saying their final goodbyes, Taylor grabs
Ridge's hand, kneels down, and gazes up at him. Their eyes are LOCKED
and do not BLINK. When Taylor stands up, she asks Brooke to take care of
Ridge. She LOCKS eyes with him again and then looks at the ground as if
to signify the end of their sudden bond. Looking down, he walks away but
pauses to STARE at Taylor again. She UNBLINKINGLY returns his gaze
while he BLINKS thrice and walks away in puzzlement. Finally, she
removes her veil and now her tears flow freely. ( IMHO, Tylo Hunter gave
a good performance. )

Hai N. Tang <tan...@uclink2.berkeley.edu>

following address and please follow this format.

To: list...@cornell.edu
Subject: please leave this area blank

Body of message: subscribe Bold-L FirstName LastName