Suggestions for replacing Vicky/Marley

Cari D. Burstein

Feb 23, 1994, 12:44:13 AM2/23/94
Sorry to post this instead of emailing it, but I tried to email it
to Lisa 3 times, and it kept bouncing- saying unknown host. Lisa?
What's wrong with your computer, your address is li...@ah5.cal.msu, right?

In article <2k2ok2$g...@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> you write:
>Ok, toonsters, if you would like to try and get a plug in to have Anne
>Heche recast as Vicki/marly when Jenson leaves, get those letters started.
>
>I have just talked with some of TPTB for NBC and what we need here is some
>positive feedback, or comments, so suggestions for Jenson's replacement.
>
>If you want e-mail me the letters and I will fax them on a daily basis
>Then I will mail out a stack each week.
>
>Ratsers start your computers!!!!:-D
>
>--
>Lisa Klobucar-"He's as sexy as a peacock in full Plume!-Loretta, AW
>1/22/94"
>IAH Dept.101 Linton Hall
>Email: Li...@ah5.cal.msu.edu OR 2230...@msu.edu
>Phone (517) 355-9572 "if no one answers, hang up!"
>Fax (517) 336-1858

I have 3 suggestions for replacements for Vicky and Marley.

#1- of course, is Anne Heche- the best choice for the part.

#2- if that won't work, I think Kelly Rutherford, who used to play
Sam on Generations and was also on Homefront, would be a
good Vicky and Marley.

#3- if neither of them is interested, Carrington Garland, who used
to play Kelly on SB, could be good as Vicky and Marley.

Please pass this on. Thanks.

--
|Ye have enemies? Good, good- that means ye've | cda...@soda.berkeley.edu|
|stood up for something, sometime in thy life.... | |

--
|Ye have enemies? Good, good- that means ye've | cda...@soda.berkeley.edu|
|stood up for something, sometime in thy life.... | |
| -Elminster of Shadowdale | Cari D. Burstein |
|Ziggy = Murphy's Law = My life = Chaos Central | |

Lisa Klobucar CIS-AH MSU

Feb 23, 1994, 8:17:00 AM2/23/94
In article <2keqfd$8...@agate.berkeley.edu> cda...@soda.berkeley.edu (Cari
D. Burstein) writes:
> Sorry to post this instead of emailing it, but I tried to email it
> to Lisa 3 times, and it kept bouncing- saying unknown host. Lisa?
> What's wrong with your computer, your address is li...@ah5.cal.msu,
right?

> I have 3 suggestions for replacements for Vicky and Marley.
>
> #1- of course, is Anne Heche- the best choice for the part.
>
> #2- if that won't work, I think Kelly Rutherford, who used to play
> Sam on Generations and was also on Homefront, would be a
> good Vicky and Marley.
>
> #3- if neither of them is interested, Carrington Garland, who used
> to play Kelly on SB, could be good as Vicky and Marley.
>
> Please pass this on. Thanks.
>

> --
> |Ye have enemies? Good, good- that means ye've |
cda...@soda.berkeley.edu|
> |stood up for something, sometime in thy life.... |
|
> | -Elminster of Shadowdale | Cari D. Burstein
|
> |Ziggy = Murphy's Law = My life = Chaos Central |
|
> Sorry you had problems e-mailing me Cari, if the lisa@ah5 didn't work
try 2230...@msu.edu
Thanks for the suggestions will send them over pronto

Valerie R. Powers

Feb 23, 1994, 11:37:23 AM2/23/94
In article <2keqfd$8...@agate.berkeley.edu> cda...@soda.berkeley.edu (Cari D. Burstein) writes:
>I have 3 suggestions for replacements for Vicky and Marley.
>
>#3- if neither of them is interested, Carrington Garland, who used
> to play Kelly on SB, could be good as Vicky and Marley.

I used to love Carrington Garland on SB. She would be great in the role.
I think she has the ability to be sexy and conniving (Vicky) as well as
sweet and somewhat innocent (Marley). Maybe she could bring some likfe
into Marley. That role has died a slow, painful death.

--
"Love comforteth like sunshine after rain." --Shakespeare

Valerie Powers vpo...@lynx.neu.edu

Anita Stratton

Feb 25, 1994, 9:17:14 AM2/25/94
>: #1- of course, is Anne Heche- the best choice for the part.

Obviously..the best choice, but highly unlikely! sigh....

>: #2- if that won't work, I think Kelly Rutherford, who used to play

>: Sam on Generations and was also on Homefront, would be a
>: good Vicky and Marley.

She'd be a good Vicky...maybe a little too outgoing for the pristine
Marley. They'd have to really tone her down, in the same way that they
did with Anne Heche. With Anne, I think they went WAY overboard in
toning her down. Anne WAS Vicky, but to achieve Marley's character,
I seem to recall a TERRIBLE shoulder legnth wig, and lots of loose
fitting pastel polyester (gack!) pants suits. Plus, little makeup, which
made her look sickly. With Jensen, they have toned her down to where
Marley is glamourous in a classy fashion, while Vicky is bolder, without
being tacky. (A tactic they used when Ellen Wheeler dressed as Vicky.
They had Ellen's Vicky as a more gaudy-white-trash look.)

>: #3- if neither of them is interested, Carrington Garland, who used

>: to play Kelly on SB, could be good as Vicky and Marley.

I vaguely remember her. She was on when I stopped watching SB. By that
time, they changed actors as often as underware, and I got sick of the
confusion...

> Robin Wright, the original Kelly on SB and the princess of "The
>Princess Bride" might be good.

I thought of her, too!

This would be GREAT! But, I think that Robin has moved "beyond" soaps,
and just does movies, now. I don't think she'd move to NY to do a full
time soap. I think she lives in LA with Sean Penn and their two kids,
so the chances would be so slim. She's gotten great reviews in the movies
she's done. If AW could pull this off, it would be a great ratings move, also!
It's about as likely as Meg Ryan returning to soaps, though!

Hey...I know she's a brunette, but I don't think that Crystal Chappell, who
was Carly on DOOL is employed. Carly became a real pain, being that she was
the focal point of they show for so long, and could do no wrong, but she
was extremely popular, and also could draw viewers that liked her. But, also,
her boyfriend, Michael Sabatino, Lawrence from DOOL,is now on B&B, and they
shoot in LA, too, don't they? So, probably not.

anita

deko...@news.delphi.com

Feb 27, 1994, 3:32:27 PM2/27/94

It's highly unlikely that Robin Wright would want to move to New York to
work on a soap. She is married to Sean Penn..they have 2 children..and she
seems to be working pretty much in film. ("Princess Bride", "Toys"..to name
2). Besides..I had heard that she and Sean's house in California was
devestated by the earthquake.... so I doubt whether she'e even consider it.

Ella