Y&R: Update for Wednesday, October 13, 1993

PICL account_25

Oct 13, 1993, 7:22:00 PM10/13/93

CRICKET & DANNY'S
Cricket is working on the final details for today's
court hearing. Danny notes how determined she is to win.
She tells him that Hodgekins is equally determined....

MAIL ROOM
Victoria is busy working; Brandon stops by to check up
on her. He asks her how things are going and asks if she
has been spending much time with her father since he came
back to town. She tells Brandon that he has been pretty
busy since he got back, and that she has been busy, too.
Brandon asks if it is Cole. He notices the glow on
Victoria's face. She tells Brandon that Cole's mother just
got back from her cruise but that she is very ill and in the
hospital. She calls the hospital to check on things. The
phone rings; scene fades out of the mail room and into the
hospital room....

HOSPITAL ROOM
... Eve Howard is still semi-conscious. Cole is at her
side. He has fallen asleep leaning up against the bed....

HASTING APARTMENT
Olivia is busy making coffee when Nathan comes down the
stairs. She asks if Little Nate is awake; Nathan says that
he is still asleep. Nathan asks Olivia if she wants to
talk. She says, "I have nothing to say." He tells her,"You
could start with leaving the restaurant." She tells Nathan
that she only agreed to go on the condition that they did
not talk about mother, and when Drucilla began to talk about
LillyBell, she saw it as her cue to leave. Nathan asks if
that was the only solution. She says she didn't want to
fight all three of them. Nathan asks Olivia if she might be
wrong. Olivia says that sometimes you have to trust your
instincts and do something, and that is what she is doing.
She says that she knows that temporarily having her mother
there is uncomfortable and inconvenient. Nathan tells her
that it is more than inconvenient. He asks Olivia, "Are you
aware of the wedge that woman is driving between us?"....

***ROLL THEME***

HASTING APARTMENT
Nathan asks her if she has noticed anything missing in
their marriage. When she is silent for a couple of seconds,
he reminds her that they have not made love since mother
came to the apartment. Olivia asks him if he would help his
mother in a similar manner even if it were inconvenient.
Nathan can't answer that, but he says that he would have
consulted her before making a decision to move his mother
in. Speak of the devil, who enters the room but Mamma
herself. (Kill the bitch!... Kill the bitch...!)....

HOSPITAL ROOM
Phone rings, Cole answers. It is Victoria. He tells
her that there is no change in his mother. He says that it
is just killing him. He tells Victoria that the doctors
still know nothing. He says that waiting is hell. He asks
Victoria to say a prayer. She tells him that she has and
that she will....

VICTOR'S APARTMENT
Douglas gives Victor the message that Nikki called
asking him to come over and talk about a problem with
Victoria. He leaves at once....

CRICKET & DANNY'S
Cricket tells Danny that she plans to have Rainbow
Gardens declared a historic landmark. She hopes the move
will at least buy time for the residents. Danny comments
that Cricket is scary when she gets as determined as she is
now. Danny says that it is a turn on. He pulls Cricket
close and tells her that he will be her slave. They want to
make love, but it is time for her to go to court. He gives
her a sultry good luck kiss....

HASTINGS APARTMENT
(...Kill the Bitch!... Kill the Bitch!...) Mamma
enters; Olivia offers her coffee and breakfast. She
refuses. LillyBell starts talking about going back to New
York. Olivia tells her that she is not in the way. Nathan
comments that he doesn't want LillyBell to get too dependent
on Olivia. LillyBell says that Olivia's first obligation is
to her husband and his happiness. Olivia will not hear of
her leaving until she is over the depression.
(Snide commentary... LillyBell is manipulating
again. She is playing Olivia's concern for all it
is worth. She realizes how many problems she is
causing, and she looks like she is loving it.
Look at her face sometime when she walks in in the
middle of another argument!!!)

NEILL'S OFFICE
Jack stops by; is surprised that Neill is still in his
office....

HOSPITAL ROOM
Doctor tells Cole that he still knows nothing. Cole
tells the doctor that last night, when she woke up, she
didn't seem to recognize him or understand what he was
saying. The doctor says that there isn't really anything
they can do until they have a diagnosis. Just then, the
nurse comes out and states that Eve's breathing has become
labored and that she is doing worse. Victoria, who arrived
a little earlier in the scene, hugs him and tells him to go
in and will his mother to live. He goes to her side and
tells her that he loves her and wants her to live....

COURTROOM
Court is now in session. The judge has Cricket state
her case. She states that she is trying to stop the
destruction of a building that is most likely a historical
landmark and that she is seeking an injunction to prevent
its destruction. The judge asks if it has been declared a
landmark by the state historical landmark people. Cricket
tells the judge that the facts which would establish it as a
landmark have just been discovered. Chang, Hodgekin's
scumbag lawyer, thinks that Cricket is making an outrageous
attempt to stop a legal sale, and that this Katherine
Sterling person, whoever she is, has no interest in this
matter and is a fictitious plaintiff. Katherine stands up,
introduces herself to the judge, saying, "I am Katherine
Sterling... Katherine CHANCELLOR Sterling... and I assure
you that I have a deep and abiding interest in this
building, as should every bright and right thinking citizen
in Genoa City." Hodgekins shoots a very nasty look in her
direction.

VICTOR'S
Hope comes out of her room and asks about Victor.
Douglas tells her that he went to see Nikki....

RANCH
Doorbell rings. Nikki goes to answer the door. It is
Victor. He says, "Hello..." She smiles at him and says,
"Hi..." The two stare at each other....

VICTOR'S
Douglas tells Hope that there is a problem with
Victoria but that it didn't seem to be serious. He thought
it was more of a type thing that both parents needed to deal
with. Douglas says that Nikki is a good mother. Hope knows
how strongly Victor feels about his children....

RANCH
They continue to make eyes at each other. Victor asks
if he can come in. She invites him in. She offers him a
drink, but he refuses. Victor tells Nikki that he got her
message. Asks what is going on....

COURTROOM
Cricket calls Katherine as her first witness. She
takes the stand and is sworn in. Cricket enters a book
belonging to Katherine as Plaintiff's Exhibit #1. The judge
asks for a general description of the book, but Chang
interrupts and asks what bearing an old book can have on
anything. The judge asks to see it, flips through it, and
tells Chang that he is right about one thing... it is a very
old book. He tells Cricket to proceed. Howard Hodgekins
sneers at her; Danny watches from the rear of the
courtroom....

NEILL'S OFFICE
Jack is surprised that Victor didn't throw Neill out.
Neill notes the difference in Victor's demeanor. Neill
describes Vic as cool, calm, at ease, mellow. Jack quips,
"Newman the human... what a concept...." Suspects that
things will be business as usual before too long. Neill
told Jack that Victor came to get his evaluation of Jack's
performance. Jack asks Neill if he told Victor what he
wanted to hear....

RANCH
Nikki fills Victor in on Victoria's failure to apply
for college. She tells Victor how important she considers
college to Victoria's future and asks for his backing in
encouraging (can you say forcing?) her to go. She also
tells Victor that she suspects that Victoria is involved
with someone. She doesn't think it is Brandon or Ryan. She
asks Victor not to track her down and try to break things
up. Victor says that he would never do that again. He asks
Nikki what she wants him to do. She isn't sure, except that
she would like him to attempt to regain the closeness to her
that was once there and to be there for her....
(Additional snide commentary... I think Nikki has
forgotten one thing. Isn't Victoria 18? I
believe that is the age of majority in most
states, and if Victoria does not want to go to
college, there isn't a whole heck of a lot that
Nikki can do to make her go. Same for love life.
Can't interfere in it anymore either. Can set
some house rules, but not much other than that!)

VICTOR'S
Douglas asks Hope if Victor's devotion to the children
bothers her. Hope admires that devotion....

HOSPITAL ROOM
The emergency team comes in and inserts a breathing
tube into Eve's windpipe and hooks her up to a ventilator.
Cole looks pretty bad.
(Still more snide commentary... Emergency scene
was nothing like reality. First thing, Cole would
have been removed from the room. Families are not
kept in the room when resuscitation type things
are being done. And it is not nearly that pretty
looking. I'll spare you the details, but I've
seen it and I know. These hospital things get so
fakey sometimes, although I realize most people
would be on the floor if they saw the real thing.)

NEILL'S OFFICE
Neill tells Jack that he told Victor that Jack was
doing fine. He noted the problems with Brad, but told
Victor that that was more of a personality conflict than
anything else. Victor thanked him for the honesty and left.
Jack remarked that "We should be running a hot dog stand on
the sidewalk." Neill wonders if it is possible that Victor
might evaluate Jack on his merits and not on basis of
like/dislike. Jack feels like he is being held by a string
over a vat of boiling oil.

RANCH
Victor tells Nikki that he will attempt to regain the
closeness. Nikki asks how Hope is and if she is still
staying with him....

COURTROOM
Cricket asks Katherine what the book is. She says it
is the Chancellor family Bible. It belonged to Phillip
Chancellor. It was given to him by his father, who received
it from his father. She stated that Phillip was the grandson of
Garfield Chancellor, who was a decorated Union general. Garfield
took up residence in Genoa City before it was even called
Genoa City. He had a dry good store before he built Rainbow
Gardens. Rainbow Gardens was mentioned by name in the
family Bible, and it is the same Rainbow Gardens which is
the subject of the petition. She tells that some of the
things of historical significance that happened there
include the first mayor living there, the city charter being
signed there, and several prominent families living there.
She stated that the building was sold during the Great
Depression, and that she is disgusted with the current
disgraceful state of the building. Chang does not want to
cross-examine her or offer evidence. The judge excuses
Katherine.
He asks Cricket how long it will take the Historical
Commission to make a decision, and what the action might be.
She refers the question to what's-his-name from the
commission. He thinks that an emergency decision can be
made within thirty days, and although he hesitates to speak
for the rest of the board, he thinks that the building will
be declared a landmark.
Howard Hodgekins bursts out in anger, stating that the
Landmark dude is blowing his deal. Hodgekins asks how he is
supposed to make a sale if he comes and turns the place into
a museum? The judge tells him that it is between him and
the buyers. The judge places the injunction on the
building, and says that the rest is up to the landmark
commission. Applause breaks out through the apartment.
Hodgekins storms out of the courtroom in a snit.

RANCH
Victor tells Nikki that Hope is still in the apartment
and is adapting well. He tells Nikki that he has to go
because he has some appointments. Nikki wants to invite
Hope for lunch. Victor says that he will see.

VICTOR'S
Douglas wonders if Hope is concerned about the bond and
the ties that Victor has to Nikki. She suspects that there
are some special feelings left, and she isn't surprised.
Hope wonders what will happen with all of his relationships.

HOSPITAL ROOM
Eve is put on 100% oxygen, and the ventilator rate is
set. Victoria comes in to stand by Cole, and he holds onto
her. He goes to Eve's bed, and Victoria comes to stand
beside him. The scene fades on his mother slightly turning
her head from side to side.

A rather eventful show today...

Will Howard Hodgekins pull something out of his sleeve?
Will Eve survive to tell her son the dreadful truth about
the love of his life?
Will Nikki ever realize that Victoria is an adult?
Will Jack and Neill wind up running a sidewalk hotdog
stand? And if so, who will do the cooking?

Tune in next time for the answers to these and other
interesting questions!!!

Elisa H. Casey (pic...@fsphy1.physics.fsu.edu)
"The chief function of the body is to carry the head around."
--Albert Einstein

Steven Feltner

Oct 13, 1993, 8:15:03 PM10/13/93
pic...@fsphy1.physics.fsu.edu (PICL account_25) writes:
> Jack quips,
> "Newman the human... what a concept...."

I love this line !!! It's one of ol' Smilin' Jack's greatest
hits. I was ROTFL so hard, I almost wet my pants.

I hope Jack somehow comes out on top. He's my favorite!!

Any other Jackie fans out there?

Tammy

--
Steven Feltner
Tammy Feltner

Nancy Rudins

Oct 14, 1993, 8:55:53 AM10/14/93

I thought I was the only Jack fan. I know he's been acting like a jerk since
he took over Newman Enterprises CEO but what the heck. Who doesn't act like
a jerk now and then, especially in soapland. Someday even Hope will get PMS
and become an axe-murderer.

Nancy
--
Nancy Rudins nru...@ncsa.uiuc.edu

"WhenIGetToTheBottomIGoBackToTheTopOfTheSlideAndIStopAndITurnAndIGoForARide
ThenIGetToTheBottomAndISeeYouAgaaaaaaaaaain!!!"

apa...@aixnmaaaraleigh.ibm.com

Oct 14, 1993, 2:05:53 PM10/14/93

>Any other Jackie fans out there?

YES!! I started watching when Terry Lester played Jack. I liked him too
and Peter Ber??? has done a good job playing Jack!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
| Aparna "YaketyYak" Amin |
|Who in their *RIGHT* mind would let me talk for them! |
|______________________________________________________|

jacquelyn virts

Oct 15, 1993, 5:57:45 PM10/15/93
apa...@aixnmaaaraleigh.ibm.com () writes:

>>Any other Jackie fans out there?

>YES!! I started watching when Terry Lester played Jack. I liked him too
>and Peter Ber??? has done a good job playing Jack!

Peter Bergman -- I like both of them. I always root for Jack, even if
he's in the wrong. I just like him better than Victor the (now) human
or Bradski.

Jacque

James K. Gruetzner

Oct 15, 1993, 7:11:11 PM10/15/93
In article <29i5m7$k...@crl.crl.com>, Steven Feltner <sfel...@crl.com> wrote:

>I hope Jack somehow comes out on top. He's my favorite!!
>
>Any other Jackie fans out there?

I've been a fan of ole Smilin' Jack for years. I liked Terry Lester's Jack
a lot, but Peter Bergman has really done a great job of making the character
his own. He's added a romantic side that was missing from Lester's Jack
(though that could have been the writers' fault--he didn't get many chances
to show what he could do with a really romantic storyline). I love it when
Jack faces off with the Black Knight, and that scene in Jack/Victor's office
when Vic returned from the dead was classic!

---Kelly

Louise Vrande

Oct 16, 1993, 6:05:04 PM10/16/93
I, too, have loved Jack since the days of Terry Lester. But Peter Bergman
is absolutely wonderful. I think he's THE reason to watch Y&R right now.
And I'd watch him do almost anything. Read the phone book. Stand there
and think evil thoughts about Victor. Look out the window. Anything
Peter would be willing to do for me would be fine with me.
--
Louise lvr...@world.std.com OR