DOOL: I learned something new today

1 view

Michael Kersey

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Mike and Jenn are brother and sister? That's new to me. I've only been
watching for 10 months though. Thing is, family relationships are never
dealt with on this show. I'd forgotten that Kate has a very young son
named Phillip. Or that Bo has a sister named Kimberly. It's odd that he
never mentions her. I'd like to see more interaction between Mike and
Jenn.

Michael

Shelley Nash

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Well Mike if you think Jen and Mike being related is weird, wait till
you hear that they are also related to Lucas.

Quick family tree for this situation for those who don't know:

Bill Horton and Laura Horton - Parents of Mike and Jenn

Bill Horton and Kate Roberts - Parents (through an affair) of Lucas

Kate Roberts and Curtis - Parents of Austin and Billy (Just a bonus
connection - has nothing to do with the Hortons):))

Shelley

MJ Wirtz

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

Bo had another sister via his Kiriakis family connection - Isabella.
Shed died a few years ago - she was John Black's wife and is the mother
of Brady.

In <328327...@earthlink.net> max <max...@earthlink.net> writes:

>Michael Kersey wrote:
>> snip

>> I'd forgotten that Kate has a very young son
>> named Phillip. Or that Bo has a sister named Kimberly. It's odd that
he
>> never mentions her.
>

>A whiiiiile back I remember Bo thanking someone (female) for being
there
>for him when his sister died. I hadn't watched in a while and just let
>it slide by. Since Kim is at the Horton house now I need to ask, did
>something (like death) happen to Kayla?
>
>Thanks for the info,
>max
>
>---------------------------------
>"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never
>cease to be amused"

law...@aol.com

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

Mike and Jenn are brother and sister? That's new to me. I've only been
watching for 10 months though. Thing is, family relationships are never

dealt with on this show. I'd forgotten that Kate has a very young son

named Phillip. Or that Bo has a sister named Kimberly. It's odd that he

never mentions her. I'd like to see more interaction between Mike and
Jenn.

Michael<<

Laura was married to Mickey Horton when she had Mike-- who is actually the
child of Bill Horton. Mike grew up thinking he was Mickey's son (that's
why he calls Mickey dad) and was shocked to learn that he was Bill's son.
Laura later married Bill and had Jennifer Rose. Later still Bill had an
affair with Kate Roberts and Kate had Lucas-- so Lucas is Mike and
Jennifer's half brother.

Michael Kersey

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96
to s...@gladstone.uoregon.edu

Shelley Nash <s...@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote:

>Well Mike if you think Jen and Mike being related is weird, wait till
>you hear that they are also related to Lucas.
>
>Quick family tree for this situation for those who don't know:
>
>Bill Horton and Laura Horton - Parents of Mike and Jenn
>
>Bill Horton and Kate Roberts - Parents (through an affair) of Lucas
>
>Kate Roberts and Curtis - Parents of Austin and Billy (Just a bonus
>connection - has nothing to do with the Hortons):))
>
>Shelley

Wow. Thanks. So, that means Lucas is the half brother of Jenn and
Mike,right? Yet I can't remember a single scene where these three
interacted.

I guess one of the overiding problems with this show is that it is
STORYLINE DRIVEN and not character/motivation driven. If the storyline
dictates that Kristen will do anything to keep her man, then Kristen WILL
DO anything to keep her man, despite the fact that she used to be a good
hearted person. Right? So, if you're not in this particular storyline,
you get no exposure on the show.

It'd be nice if DOOL would do a little more explaining of the families.
You can watch YR in about a week or less and pretty much get the gist of
who's who.

Michael

DonnaB

Nov 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/10/96

On Sun, 10 Nov 1996 01:09:20 GMT, hum...@arn.net (JanBrady-)
imparted this wisdom in the rec.arts.tv.soaps.misc msg.
<563b2s$8...@services.arn.net>:

| max <max...@earthlink.net> wrote:
|
| >A whiiiiile back I remember Bo thanking someone (female) for being there
| >for him when his sister died. I hadn't watched in a while and just let
| >it slide by. Since Kim is at the Horton house now I need to ask, did
| >something (like death) happen to Kayla?
|
| Bo's half-sister, Isabella (the one married to John), died of
| pancreatic cancer. She was the daughter of Victor Kiriakis (Bo's dad)
| and some Toscano chick. That was the sister that was mentioned.

Loretta was Mother to Marina & Isabella, wasn't she? Yeah, I think
it's Loretta.

^The shortest distance between two points is under construction.
DonnaB, using BooRadley as my new IRC nick
Co-Host, Delphi Soap Opera Forum "go cus 179"

Linda Lynch

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

Michael Kersey wrote:

> Mike and Jenn are brother and sister? That's new to me. I've only been
> watching for 10 months though. Thing is, family relationships are never
> dealt with on this show. I'd forgotten that Kate has a very young son
> named Phillip. Or that Bo has a sister named Kimberly. It's odd that he
> never mentions her. I'd like to see more interaction between Mike and
> Jenn.
>
> Michael
Not only are Jenn and Mike brother and sister, Lucas is their brother
as well...and he is Mrs H's grandson. Funny they never seem to pay much
attention to that fact, do they?

Gayle A Kortright

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Linda Lynch wrote:

> Michael Kersey wrote:
> Not only are Jenn and Mike brother and sister, Lucas is their brother
> as well...and he is Mrs H's grandson. Funny they never seem to pay much
> attention to that fact, do they?

If I remember right, back when the truth came out about Lucas being
Bill's son and a Horton by blood - HE decided that he didn't want
anything to do with the Hortons as his family. Mike even tried to get
close to him by explaining his situation about Bill and Mickey. Lucas
(who cares only about himself) wasn't interested. At least, that's the
way I remember it. Maybe I'm not 100% right about this. If not, someone
else please fill in.

gayle in milwaukee

Brenda J. Carter

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

In article <55ugja$9...@herald.concentric.net>, kers...@concentric.net
says...

>Mike and Jenn are brother and sister? That's new to me. I've only been
>watching for 10 months though. Thing is, family relationships are never
>dealt with on this show. I'd forgotten that Kate has a very young son
>named Phillip. Or that Bo has a sister named Kimberly. It's odd that he
>never mentions her. I'd like to see more interaction between Mike and
>Jenn.
>

>Michael

The reason you didn't know about Jen and Mike being brother and sister is
that the IIC of Dool have selective memory. People just disappear from
Dool with no explanation.

A dear old priest, Father Francis, was last seen in the hopsital
recovering?? from a stroke -- longest stroke in history?? (Victor is
running a close second! :))

Jamie, Sami's friend, just disappeared without a word recently.

And of course, Jill, keeps disappearing!! But at least she "comes back"
Wonder if she's related to Stefano?? <<BG>>

just my nickel's worth.

bc

Michael Allen Haun

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

lucas and peter and franco are great

ren...@io.com

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

Mrs. H has mentioned it a couple of times, but they never really made anything
out of it. Wanna bet Lucas has an ornament on the Horton Christmas tree though?

Jill Chamberlain

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

In article <56g1k2$d...@nntp-1.io.com>, ren...@io.com wrote:
>In <Pine.OSF.3.91.961113...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>, Gayle A Kortright <g...@alpha1.csd.uwm.edu> writes:
>>On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Linda Lynch wrote:
>>
>>> Michael Kersey wrote:
>>> Not only are Jenn and Mike brother and sister, Lucas is their
brother

I just started watching Days and was told that Lucas was AUSTIN'S half
brother. Was I mis informed? ANd how exactly are Sami and Carrie
related?

--Jill

Frances Wheeler

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

cham...@mcnet.marietta.edu (Jill Chamberlain) writes:

Actually, no...:) Lucas *IS* Austin's half brother, and he's Jennifer and
Mike's, too. Kate had an affair with Bill Horton, Jennifer and Mike's
father. That makes him their brother. It was this fact that drove Laura
to go insane in the first place. Since Kate is Austin and Billie's Mom,
too...he's related to all of them. Hope that wasn't too confusing...:)

Sami and Carrie are also half-sisters. Carrie's parents are Roman and his
first wife, Anna Dimera. Sami's parents are Marlena and Roman; same Dad,
different Mom...:)

Hope this helps...:)

Frances.

ren...@io.com

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

In <slrn458p2d6....@mcnet.marietta.edu>, cham...@mcnet.marietta.edu (Jill Chamberlain) writes:
>In article <56g1k2$d...@nntp-1.io.com>, ren...@io.com wrote:

>brother
>
>I just started watching Days and was told that Lucas was AUSTIN'S half
>brother. Was I mis informed? ANd how exactly are Sami and Carrie
>related?
>
>--Jill

You weren't misinformed my friend. They are indeed half brothers. They share
the same mother, and Billie is Lucas' half sister and Austin's full sister. As for
Carrie and Sami, they share the same father, Roman, as well. Carrie's mother
was Anna DiMera, and Sami's mom is none other than our beloved *gag* Marlena.

Hope this helped to clear some things up for ya.

Dawn

DonnaB

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

On 15 Nov 1996 15:18:59 GMT, cham...@mcnet.marietta.edu (Jill
Chamberlain) imparted this wisdom in the rec.arts.tv.soaps.misc msg.
<slrn458p2d6....@mcnet.marietta.edu>:

| I just started watching Days and was told that Lucas was AUSTIN'S half
| brother. Was I mis informed? ANd how exactly are Sami and Carrie
| related?

Curtis Reed & Kate Roberts --> Austin Reed, Billie Reed
Bill Horton & Kate Roberts --> Lucas Roberts
Bill Horton & Laura Horton --> Mike Horton, Jennifer Rose Horton

Deveraux Blake

Roman Brady & Anna Brady DiMera --> Carrie Brady
Roman Brady & Marlena Evans --> twins, Eric Brady & Sami Brady
(Don Craig & Marlena Evans --> DJ, SIDS death)
John Black & Marlena Evans --> Belle Brady
(John Black & Isabella Toscano Black --> Brady Black)

~Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

^Posting & E-Mailing Simultaneously

DonnaB

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

On 15 Nov 1996 17:45:46 GMT, fwhe...@morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Frances
Wheeler) imparted this wisdom in the rec.arts.tv.soaps.misc msg.
<56ia8a$v...@coranto.ucs.mun.ca>:

| ... Kate had an affair with Bill Horton, Jennifer and Mike's

| father. That makes him their brother. It was this fact that drove Laura
| to go insane in the first place.

I feel the need to remind everyone that, of course, it never really
happened! <G> By that I mean that in the original storyline that is
not what drove Laura to go insane & there WAS no affair. Kate didn't
even exist in the original storyline and Bill had no affair with
anyone. After Laura had already begun to show symptoms of her
inherited mental illness, like she always feared because of her own
Mother's condition, she became paranoid that Bill was having an affair
with a nurse, which as it turned out, he was not. However, in this
remarkably poor, awkward "retcon" of history & relationships & even
insanity they grafted this convenience onto the Horton family. Hey,
maybe this is part of the reason it seems so hard to believe that
BuckyBrat is part Horton, huh?!! Sorry, newcomers, if I have further
confused you instead of shedding more light. Happy to try to help if
I just created new questions. <G> Besides Laura's fear that Bill had
an affair, the only other truth from the past is that they did have
renters in the house that is now Jenn's, but at the time we never knew
them.

~Light year: 1/3 fewer calories than a regular year.

Patrick Mougin

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

Chamberlain) wrote:

>In article <56g1k2$d...@nntp-1.io.com>, ren...@io.com wrote:

>brother
>

>I just started watching Days and was told that Lucas was AUSTIN'S half
>brother. Was I mis informed? ANd how exactly are Sami and Carrie
>related?
>

>--Jill

Lucas, Austin and Billie have the same mother (Kate Roberts) but
different fathers. Bill Horton is Lucas' father while Curtis Reed is
Austin and Billie's father. Mike is Bill Horton's son by Laura
Spencer, although for many years he was thought to be Mickey's son.
Jenn is the legitimate child of Bill and Laura.

With Sami and Carrie, they have the same father (Roman Brady) but
different mothers. Marlena is Sami's mother, while Carrie is Anna
Dimera's daughter. Sami actually has a twin brother called Eric, who
is still living with Marlena's parents in Colorado (?)

hope this helped you,

Patrick

law...@aol.com

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

I feel the need to remind everyone that, of course, it never really
happened! <G> By that I mean that in the original storyline that is
not what drove Laura to go insane & there WAS no affair. Kate didn't
even exist in the original storyline and Bill had no affair with
anyone. After Laura had already begun to show symptoms of her
inherited mental illness, like she always feared because of her own
Mother's condition, she became paranoid that Bill was having an affair
with a nurse, which as it turned out, he was not.<<<<

Oh yeah, Donna, go ahead and quot *legitimate* Days history! :-) We all
know that TPTB HATE LEGITIMATE history. They would rather make it up and
REmake it up as they go along.

Lisa :-)

Michael Allen Haun

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

what happened to anna dimera? is she related to stephano? is/was she
bad? is carrie related to stephano?

DonnaB

Nov 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/18/96

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996 22:40:22 -0500, Michael Allen Haun
<mah...@eos.ncsu.edu> imparted this wisdom in the
rec.arts.tv.soaps.misc msg. <328E89...@eos.ncsu.edu>:

| what happened to anna dimera? is she related to stephano? is/was she
| bad? is carrie related to stephano?

Anna's in Europe. Anna was married to Tony, so only a DiMera by
marriage - no blood tie to Stefano. And, yes, of course, Anna
Hastings Brady DiMera was *bad* but probably not in the way that you
mean. <G> Carrie Brady is not related to Stefano.

~Join clauses good, like a conjunction should

princ...@aol.com

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

In article <56g1k2$d...@nntp-1.io.com>, ren...@io.com writes:

>Mrs. H has mentioned it a couple of times, but they never really made
>anything
>out of it. Wanna bet Lucas has an ornament on the Horton Christmas tree
>though?

Actually, he does, Mrs. H gave it to him the first X-mas after finding out
he was a half Horton

Kimberly

Brenda J. Carter

Nov 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/20/96

In article <19961120020...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
princ...@aol.com says...
So, Kimberly, does that mean Lucas has *half* an ornament?? (sorry,
couldn't resist :)

bc

zeke...@aol.com

Dec 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/2/96

In article <570tng$f...@mochi.lava.net>, bca...@lava.net (Brenda J.
Carter) writes:

>>Actually, he does, Mrs. H gave it to him the first X-mas after finding
out
>>he was a half Horton

>>Kimberly

>So, Kimberly, does that mean Lucas has *half* an ornament?? (sorry,
>couldn't resist :)

For someone to be a "whole" Horton, incest would be required. That almost
happened with Marie when amnesiac Tommie Horton, Jr came to town.

Kitty Cat Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
Susan.ze...@chrysalis.org