GL: Abby's acting

Carrie Eager

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

Oh! I am soooooo glad that the new writers have taken over. Abby is
finally getting the storyline that really brings out her ability to
act. Today's show (Monday) was great to watch. Abby's voice seemed
become richer and more powerful the more she told Rick off.

I think Rick may have to take a back seat and some more acting classes
to keep up with her talent.

I hope the writers can continue giving the entire cast such great
writing and bring back our old friends in new stories.

Carrie

Olin Jenkins

Feb 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/25/97

Teeny tiny addendum. SPWeekly included Amy Ecklund (Abby) to its "50 Most
Beautiful People" list. Good choice!

*Yes*, I was pleased to hear Abby's voice become richer and more powerful
as she told Rick off. Excellent scenes. All the more reason I love
Springfield nowadays.

Cheers!
Olin Jenkins, jet...@pipeline.com
Jenkins Typography, Columbia, SC
"Use Small Fonts... Save Disk Space" ("Dilbert," 20 Aug 96)

Zena Lee

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

Carrie Eager (g_ce...@qualcomm.com) wrote:
: Oh! I am soooooo glad that the new writers have taken over. Abby is
: finally getting the storyline that really brings out her ability to
: act. Today's show (Monday) was great to watch. Abby's voice seemed
: become richer and more powerful the more she told Rick off.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

One word for her acting...."""brilliant!""""

I wasn't disappointed by her reaction and felt it very Abby-like. Esp.
when Rick was explaining to her what (or, rather how,) it had happened and
she just kept backing away screaming..."stop it!, shut up! that's
disgusting!!" I think though that she'll forgive him eventually and they
will get back together. Or, possibly her ethical-brain (she was raised
unusually unique!) background will not let her fanthom what Rick has done
and then taking the next sstep and forgiving him. I won't care either
way. I'll be glad if they get back together and okay w/it if they do not.

However, if Blake takes Ross back after his horrendous treatment of her
somehow there will always be this huge hole in my heart about this show.
No woman deserves to be treated like that after her mistake, regardless of
it's magnitude.

Maybe I'm crazy but if a man screamed (not just called) to me that I'm a
whore then tells me to get out, all the while in a rage of some sort...
....well,.... I wouldn't be any less offended than if he spit or
urinated on me. Really!! He gave her the ultimate humiliating blow when
she needed forgiveness, respect and understanding.

This he gave to his wife of how long and mother of his children? Kevin
is really his for all intents and purposes. He's been there w/that
pregnancy since it's conception...AND then for several months after
their birth...(so to speak...:-) ) That's almost 3 years!

A person that can turn THAT cold and THAT cruel - - THAT quickly can
never be sexy, gorgeous or appealing to me.

When Blake awoke, he had no words of concern or comfort what-so-ever for
her health. When she showed up in her hospital gown at night in the cold
of winter and he was unemotional, unfeeling...

How 'bout when he told her to not get up again from the hospital bed b\c
he..."wouldn't be there to catch her.."

He then turns on his heels and walked out of her hospital room as her
loud, piercing screams and animal yells rang throughout the hallways. He
slowly and calmly kept walking. Beyond mean!

:Z

deb...@aol.com

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

In article <5fd821$6...@artemis.it.luc.edu>, zl...@orion.it.luc.edu (Zena Lee) writes:

>However, if Blake takes Ross back after his horrendous treatment of her
>somehow there will always be this huge hole in my heart about this show.
>No woman deserves to be treated like that after her mistake, regardless of
>it's magnitude.
>
>Maybe I'm crazy but if a man screamed (not just called) to me that I'm a
>whore then tells me to get out, all the while in a rage of some sort...
>....well,.... I wouldn't be any less offended than if he spit or
>urinated on me. Really!! He gave her the ultimate humiliating blow when
>she needed forgiveness, respect and understanding.

Um, he'd just found out that his child was not his. I don't know
about you, but in my world, Ross went easy on her. I thought
these scenes were very well scripted and even better acted.
He was believably angry, in the eyes, and he delivered every
bit of venom beautifully. Did you think he'd "understand"??

And no way will Abby forgive Rick. Not if the writers stay
true to her character. This is beyond her beliefs, how can
she forgive something she doesn't understand? Rick is not
the man she'd fallen in love with. She'll never be able to get
passed this.

Deb

lnsobs...@prodigy.com

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

On 4 Mar 1997 11:59:11 GMT, deb...@aol.com wrote:

>Um, he'd just found out that his child was not his. I don't know
>about you, but in my world, Ross went easy on her. I thought
>these scenes were very well scripted and even better acted.
>He was believably angry, in the eyes, and he delivered every
>bit of venom beautifully. Did you think he'd "understand"??

The only problem I had was the way he treated Kevin, but when he
picked him up at the hospital, it was ok with me. Everything else made
sense to me.

Ellen (LN's Obsession)
"The mighty oak was once a little nut
that stood its ground."

Shawn Hill

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

Zena Lee (zl...@orion.it.luc.edu) wrote:

: However, if Blake takes Ross back after his horrendous treatment of her

: somehow there will always be this huge hole in my heart about this show.
: No woman deserves to be treated like that after her mistake, regardless of
: it's magnitude.

: Maybe I'm crazy but if a man screamed (not just called) to me that I'm a
: whore then tells me to get out, all the while in a rage of some sort...
: ....well,.... I wouldn't be any less offended than if he spit or
: urinated on me. Really!! He gave her the ultimate humiliating blow when
: she needed forgiveness, respect and understanding.

Maybe this will be impetus for the return of Bitch Blake. Ross may have
just created a monster, a Thorpe to be reckoned with.

Shawn

PS. Where the heck is Hart? Does he care at all that his sister just
almost died?

~~***~~*~*~*~*~*~~~~*~~*~*~~~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~**~*

Blake to Rick: "You're as easy to read as a
COMIC BOOK!"

sh...@fas.harvard.edu*~*~**~~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~**~*

djbrowning

Mar 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/5/97

deb...@aol.com wrote:

> And no way will Abby forgive Rick. Not if the writers stay
> true to her character. This is beyond her beliefs, how can
> she forgive something she doesn't understand? Rick is not
> the man she'd fallen in love with. She'll never be able to get
> passed this.
>
> Deb

It may be beyond her *experience*, but I think her *beliefs* should
include forgiveness. I know they're going out of their way to avoid
naming the particular group Abbi was raised in, (appears to be Amish)
but they certainly imply that they are Christian. I think Abbi has a
beautiful, loving spirit and eventually she will forgive Rick.
JMHO
Diana

deb...@aol.com

Mar 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/5/97

In article <5fhmii$sil$4...@news.fas.harvard.edu>, sh...@fas.harvard.edu (Shawn Hill) writes:

>Zena Lee (zl...@orion.it.luc.edu) wrote:
>
>: However, if Blake takes Ross back after his horrendous treatment of her
>: somehow there will always be this huge hole in my heart about this show.
>: No woman deserves to be treated like that after her mistake, regardless of
>: it's magnitude.
>
>: Maybe I'm crazy but if a man screamed (not just called) to me that I'm a
>: whore then tells me to get out, all the while in a rage of some sort...
>: ....well,.... I wouldn't be any less offended than if he spit or
>: urinated on me. Really!! He gave her the ultimate humiliating blow when
>: she needed forgiveness, respect and understanding.
>
>Maybe this will be impetus for the return of Bitch Blake. Ross may have
>just created a monster, a Thorpe to be reckoned with.
>
>Shawn

What in the world do you expect from a man who's just been
told that HIS child is NOT his. The woman he trusted most in
the world knew this and never told him. Ross has been written
perfectly and has delivered in the acting department 100%.

(If that were my husband and Me...........being called a whore
is the least of Blake's worries!)

Deb

Shawn Hill

Mar 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/5/97

deb...@aol.com wrote:

: What in the world do you expect from a man who's just been

: told that HIS child is NOT his. The woman he trusted most in
: the world knew this and never told him. Ross has been written
: perfectly and has delivered in the acting department 100%.

: (If that were my husband and Me...........being called a whore
: is the least of Blake's worries!)

I expect him to be still in love with his wife, and to forgive her. That
simple.

Shawn

Holly

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

Blake definately did not do right, but what about the way that Ross was
acting. He drove her into Rick's arms! He was sickening with Amanda!!!!
If you had seen what Blake did, how would you have felt? I would have been
devasted like Blake! I also agree with you that Ross is doing a GREAT
acting job! He is so beliveable in the part! There has really been some
good acting lately. How about Abbi? Wasn't she terrific!!!! I am so glad
we are getting to see some depth out of these actors and actresses! GO
GUIDING LIGHT!

Shawn Hill <sh...@fas.harvard.edu> wrote in article
<5fkki9$dep$1...@news.fas.harvard.edu>...

nwil...@gems.vcu.edu

Mar 6, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/6/97

In article <5fd821$6...@artemis.it.luc.edu>, zl...@orion.it.luc.edu (Zena Lee) writes:
> Carrie Eager (g_ce...@qualcomm.com) wrote:
> : Oh! I am soooooo glad that the new writers have taken over. Abby is
> : finally getting the storyline that really brings out her ability to
> : act. Today's show (Monday) was great to watch. Abby's voice seemed
> : become richer and more powerful the more she told Rick off.
>
> :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>
> One word for her acting...."""brilliant!""""
>
> I wasn't disappointed by her reaction and felt it very Abby-like. Esp.
> when Rick was explaining to her what (or, rather how,) it had happened and
> she just kept backing away screaming..."stop it!, shut up! that's
> disgusting!!" I think though that she'll forgive him eventually and they
> will get back together. Or, possibly her ethical-brain (she was raised
> unusually unique!) background will not let her fanthom what Rick has done
> and then taking the next sstep and forgiving him. I won't care either
> way. I'll be glad if they get back together and okay w/it if they do not.
>
> However, if Blake takes Ross back after his horrendous treatment of her
> somehow there will always be this huge hole in my heart about this show.
> No woman deserves to be treated like that after her mistake, regardless of
> it's magnitude.
>
> Maybe I'm crazy but if a man screamed (not just called) to me that I'm a
> whore then tells me to get out, all the while in a rage of some sort...
> ....well,.... I wouldn't be any less offended than if he spit or
> urinated on me. Really!! He gave her the ultimate humiliating blow when
> she needed forgiveness, respect and understanding.
>
> This he gave to his wife of how long and mother of his children? Kevin
> is really his for all intents and purposes. He's been there w/that
> pregnancy since it's conception...AND then for several months after
> their birth...(so to speak...:-) ) That's almost 3 years!
>
> A person that can turn THAT cold and THAT cruel - - THAT quickly can
> never be sexy, gorgeous or appealing to me.
>
> When Blake awoke, he had no words of concern or comfort what-so-ever for
> her health. When she showed up in her hospital gown at night in the cold
> of winter and he was unemotional, unfeeling...
>
> How 'bout when he told her to not get up again from the hospital bed b\c
> he..."wouldn't be there to catch her.."
>
> He then turns on his heels and walked out of her hospital room as her
> loud, piercing screams and animal yells rang throughout the hallways. He
> slowly and calmly kept walking. Beyond mean!
>

> :Z

I maybe in the minority here, but let us not forget, this woman that Ross
loved and trusted not only cheated on him but tried to pass another man's
child off as his. Yes, Blake made a mistake and she honestly and sincerely
regrets it, but what she did was MAJOR betrayal.I don't blame Ross for
his behaviour, even his being cruel. As to his distance from Kevin, that
to is understandable, but I am certain he will come around on that soon.
This man was big-time betrayed and I think he is justified in his reaction,
even if it sems harsh-what won't be real is if he just pretended like it
didn't matter. Lastly, there is no doubt in may mind that once he has
time to mope in hurt and pain and betrayal, he will realize that he loves
Blake and the boys,and he wants to have his life back. He'll probabaly even
apologize for his reaction, but for now, considering what was done to
him, I think he is justified in his reaction.

William Edwards

Jul 26, 2022, 11:06:05 AM7/26/22