ATWT: Babs interview

alice

Apr 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/29/98
to emm...@ucr.campus.mci.net

Chat with ATWT's Colleen Zenk Pinter

As the World Turns' Colleen Zenk Pinter
April 02, 1998

[INLINE] SODhost: Colleen Zenk Pinter is here to answer your
questions! Welcome Colleen!

Colleen Zenk Pinter: Hello everyone sorry I'm late! Manhattan traffic
and John Dixon kept me!

Ms4Runner asks: Will you ever forgive John -- he has suffered enough.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: What about my suffering? I never even got to see
the baby.

Cindylou100 asks: Just a comment, I think your wonderful. Keep up the
good work!!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you very much.

Ms4Runner asks: Do you get along with Carly(Maura West) in real life?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I adore her. From the moment she came on, I took
her under my wing as my little sister.. We're buddies and I adore
working with her.

Msardino61 asks: do you feel older characters are finally getting to
show their stuff? Do you think long standing characters are being
written well now with new writers?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think that the older veterans, the core of
Oakdale, is finally getting a chance to be front and center for the
first time in a long time. We're so grateful to Lorraine Broderick and
Hal Corley for coming on board and using us at the core once again.

Emerald_Girl_2 asks: whats ur hometown???
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Barrington, Illinois!

Christianne_Antoinette asks: Have you ever had to do a "steamy love
scene" and if so, what was it like?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: How long have you been watching the show? :) I've
had years of steamy love scenes and I always find it very
uncomfortable. Good Catholic girl that I am :)

Ms4Runner asks: Who would you like to be you next leading man?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I'm not through with Larry Bryggman [John]. I
think there's a lot of story to tell :)

Lmpz87 asks: I am a big fan and have been for years. What I would like
to know is how you feel about the way Babs is treating John?
CZP: I think she's a woman in great pain who can't see through her
tears to see that he is also sharing her grief and I think a point
will come very soon where her grief becomes a little misguided and
Barbara returns to her devious ways.

Carly_Toye asks: hi barbara, I have watched as the world turns for 15
years I absolutely love it . I think you are a very talented actress.
I am attending the fan club luncheon on June 7, I would love to see
you there, Will you be attending?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I plan to be there, provided we don't have a
family function going on.

Lexusguest_6b929719 asks: Colleen, I am a huge fan of yours. I not
only think you are an excellent actress, but tremendously beautiful as
well. I know you have been ATWT for many years...how many?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you, thank you. Is that you mom? :) I
celebrate my 20th anniversary this September 5th.

Robynnic asks: of the people barbara hates or hated who are you
closest with in real life?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I'd say probably Lucinda, Elizabeth Hubbard, and
Carly, Maura West.

FAYtal1 asks: You are a wonderful actress, I cry with you everyday.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: That's very very sweet. I hope that the writers
continue to give me the type of material that allows me to feel really
good about my work and makes it a pleasure to take the long drive into
Manhattan for work.

Lexusguest_6b929719 asks: Colleen, were you ever in a Leggs panythose
commercial years ago? Seems like I remember that from years ago.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: That was me!

Loyal2cubs asks: Your work this last year w/ Mr. Bryggman has been
EXCEPTIONAL. Can you tell us what he's like--beyond a great actor
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Larry Bryggman is a true professional. He comes
to work prepared. He comes to work with ideas about the scenes. He
comes to work excited and happy to be there and it's such a pleasure
to work with someone with that kind of work ethic. My husband, Mark
Pinter, and I share that same work ethic and it's just so good to work
with someone of like thinking. Beyond that, he can be a real brat! LOL
and I mean that with great glee and respect and fondness.

Claudall asks: Clearly Colleen, you deserved an emmy nomination. Do
you feel that baby Johnny's death was your best work as an actress?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I believe that it's been my best work on ATWT.. I
have a lot of other experiences in theater that I would call as
rewarding experiences.. but that story has been the work I've been
most proud of at ATWT.

Msardino61 asks: hope the love story with you and John continues, but
with better results than so far. any comment?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Keep watching! :)

Mzc4 asks: Hi Coleen. do you think that Barbara and Hal will
eventually get back together?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I wouldn't count on it, but I think there will be
a lot of complications along the road this next year with Carly and
John and Hal and Barbara.

PsychoScout asks: I was wondering...If you could change your character
anyway you wanted, what would you do?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I'd make her 25! ;) LOL

Cedar30 asks: Do you ever watch other soaps?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I watch my husband's show. I watch AW.. When I
was younger I used to keep up with almost all the other shows, but
when you have a family as large as mine there is not enough time in
the day.

Princess8870 asks: I don't have a question but would like to tell
Barbara how much I enjoy her role the my favorite show!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you very much.

Zowie_29 asks: I also heard you were leaving the show I hope this isnt
true!??
Colleen Zenk Pinter: That's news to me! Where did you here that?

Zowie_29 asks: THANK GOODNESS A NOT TO RELIABLE FRIEND!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: LOL :)

Lexusguest_6b929719 asks: You and Tom Hughes are siblings....how...who
are your parents? You can't be full blooded siblings on the show. I
know Bob is Tom's dad.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: You haven't been watching very long have you? :)
Tom & Barbara are step-brother and sister, though they never lived
together in the same house. Bob Hughes was married to my mother,
Jennifer Ryan.

shawnaguest_228d30874 asks: Colleen, do you have children in real
life?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: You guys have got to read the magazines.. :) Dont
you read Soap Opera Digest. ;-) My husband Mark Pinter and I have a
blended family of 6 children, 4 girls & 2 boys ranging in age from 17
to 5 years.

JanK_55 asks: With your storyline now... are you emotionally exhausted
at the end of the day?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I was incredibly exhausted through the better
part of the fall into early winter. I was so filled with tears at the
end of the day it was hard to dry out my eyes. I'd get home after my
long drive and still be weepy. It was very exhausting.

Cedar30 asks: Is John going to be punished forever by you?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Am I punishing him?

Marina1_98 asks: I am Marina From Holland, and my question is how do
you motivate yourself to keep playing your role the way you do, hope
you understand it my English is not that good
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think probably because so much of Barbara is
me, at this point after 20 years. Hopefully, I'm not as screwed up as
she is. ;)

Claudall asks: Would you love for your husband Mark to be back on As
the World Turns and have a storyline with him? You two are soooo cute
together!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think we're cute together too.. you should see
our kids :) I would love to be able to work with Mark, but not on
ATWT, because his character Brian McColl was very boring. Frankly, I
think Barbara should go to Bay City and visit the Mayor ;)

Lymieguest_3fa031192 asks: How difficult is it maintain consistancy
with characters and events over the many years that ATWT has been on
the air?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Luckily, so many of us have been on the show for
so many years, and we're not so old our memories have faded. so we
veterans keep the continuity afloat because we've been there longer
than anybody else.

Claudall asks: How do you juggle family and a soap career?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Fortunately, the way Barbara is written, there
are weeks where I will work four days and weeks where I will work one
day -- like this week -- and the same holds true for Mark, so I have
weeks when I'm very busy at work and weeks when I'm very busy at home.

Msardino61 asks: Coleen, I've watched the show almost from the
beginning and with maturity you have become more beautiful. I loved
the story of you
Colleen Zenk Pinter: That's very sweet. You're still out there, huh
mom? ;-)

Floreslinda asks: Any of you speak spanish?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: No. But two weeks ago, I got a new au pair from
Spain. We love her and she's teaching me flamenco! :)

Lexusguest_6b929719 asks: Can you help me remember one of my favorite
ATWT memories....Tom and Margo years and years ago were stuck in a
house or castle or something with some crazy midget...was Tom played
then by the same guy who now plays "Buzz Cooper" on the GL?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Yes, he was. He was played by the wonderful and
crazy Justin Deas and that was Mr. Big (the midget).

FAYtal1 asks: I love your haristyle, I stole it and use it myself, do
you have very fine, thin hair too?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I have baby, baby fine hair. I'm gonna grow it
out, what do you think?

Rachel311 asks: what is your favorite food?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Mexican. Very hot mexican and my husband is a
wonderful mexican chef.

PsychoScout asks: I was wondering...If you couldn't be such a fine
actess as you are now, what career would you have taken?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I would either have been a teacher or, as I think
about changing careers at this point in my life, an interior designer.

Supercolleen asks: How difficult has acting the loss of the baby
storyline been for you as a mother? Both your and Larry's work has
been incredible.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I'm glad I am the age I am now playing this story
and my children are older. If I had children in real life now that
were infants, I think playing this story would've been impossible. As
older adults -- scratch older -- we are fortunate to have a lot of our
own life history to call upon to use in our work.

Grob2269 asks: Do you think you'll stay with the show for as long as
say Eileen Fulton or Kathryn Hays?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: If they'll have me. I have six kids to put
through college :-)

Cedar30 asks: I saw you on a show with your husband showing your
home-- yes you would be good at interior design
Colleen Zenk Pinter: We don't own that home anymore. I have a new
project I'm working on now :) LOL

Blueskyzs asks: Do you have time to workout? You look in such great
shape.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Work out? Are you kidding? I chase children
around. I spend most of my time in the car chauffeuring!

Tigereye3 asks: What has been your most challenging scene?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: The scenes at the cemetary that the aired the
last couple of weeks because my direction was to not cry. I found it
extraordinarily difficult to be in that location speaking those words
and not cry, but then again, I'm not Barbara.

knowitalguest_40bc32646 asks: are you a virgin
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Are you kidding?

Lexusguest_6b929719 asks: If you don't mind telling us...what is your
age? You don't look a bit over 30!!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I love you! But my high school friends would kill
me if I lied, I'm 45.

Supercolleen asks: I missed seeing you in Toronto doing Love Letters
with your husband. How did the event go?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: It was a wonderful event. I'm sorry you missed
us, but if you're in the midwest in September, we'll be performing in
Illinois.. Details.. later :)

Ms_Smile asks: Have you done this before? Do you like it? Are you up
to date with all the new media that are here today?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I have done this before and I think this is great
fun. My children are far more versed in cyberspace than I am. My
five-year-old daughter Georgia uses the computer more often than I do.

FAYtal1 asks: The scene of you at Johnny's grave was incredibla and
heartbreaking, how do you prepare for a scene like that?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I put myself at the scene and try to imagine what
it would be like if it were one of my own children.

Blueskyzs asks: Since you mentioned college and six kids, How would
you feel about the children following in your footsteps as an actor?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Interesting question, since my 17-year-old
daughter Siri just finished starring in a show at her high school and
my 14-year-old daugher Kelsey has the lead in "Babes In Arms" this
Spring in middle school. I have always opposed the children going into
this crazy business because it is a heartbreaking and crazy one, but
seeing your children perform with such happiness and confidence brings
out the stage mother in me. LOL Thank goodness my son Morgan, age 8,
wants to play for the NJ Nets. :)

Ms_Smile asks: What are your hobbies?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Gardening, my roses are just starting to bud.
Interior design, my husband says I'm obsessed. And our brand new baby
parrot that I gave Mark for his birthday.

Tigereye3 asks: Who has been your favorite leading man?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: My husband Mark. :) Little did I expect to get
more than just a storyline with him.

Tigereye3 asks: Will Barbara and John stay together?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: How about "Get back together" and then we'll work
on the "stay" part.

Marina1_98 asks: Are you really answering questions or are you not
Colleen who is answering question, her in Holland they do that all the
time
Colleen Zenk Pinter: It's me! It's me! I would kill anyone else who
told my age! :D

Blueskyzs asks: Do you like to travel? If so, where do you like to go?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I love to travel. Mark and I were in Ireland in
August for our 10th wedding anniversary and I was so proud that my
name was Colleen. :)

Ms4Runner asks: Didn't you and Tom have an affair once?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Well, Tom and I were to be married, but I left
him at the altar when James Stenbeck reappeared in my life. Many years
later when Margo slept with the 2nd of my husbands, I tried to destroy
her marriage and pretended to have an affair with him [Tom] one
drunken night.

Claudall asks: Do you read your fan mail?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I read every piece of mail that comes to me and I
appreciate all of it and the time it takes to write even though I
don't have the time to answer all of you.

Supercolleen asks: Was it better working with Mark on the same show,
or now that he's on another show? I know some people prefer not to be
together at home and at work. By the way, my name is Colleen as well.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think it's better for us in the long run to be
working on different shows primarily because the PTB don't feel as
threatened by a married couple working together and bringing their at
home problems to work.

Lexusguest_6b929719 asks: Do you think anything will happen in the
future with you and James Stenbeck?? Will he come back for you again?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I don't think so. I think they have put to rest
the Barbara and James story which I think is unfortunate because there
were a lot of ends that were never tied up.

Lance_M69 asks: Have you considered movies or are you happy with
daytime television?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I worked in film a bit and much prefer the steady
work style of daytime television, the paycheck, the hours, the
stability, the mortgage, the school buses, etc.

PsychoScout asks: Speaking of fan mail...how would one find an address
for you and the other actors?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: ATWT, c/o CBS-tv, 51 W. 52nd st. NY, NY 10019

Claudall asks: Claudine and Allison from Marywood University just want
to say that we love your work and we love you, thanks for giving us
Barbara Ryan!!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you very much. Where is Marywood and what
are you majoring in?

ChristieInPhoenix asks: Do you think that your role in ATWT is not as
exciting as it use to be??
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think that my days in the perils of Barbara, my
early years on the show, were very exciting, especially as a young
actress, but I wouldn't trade the stories I have now to go back to
being chased by a kidnapper in the Museum of Natural History in the
dinosaur exhibit.

Claudall asks: Marywood is in Scranton, PA. We major in Broadcasting.
I, Claudine, might have an intenship with CBS News this summer! Not
too far from ATWT!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Come by and visit. We're in the same building :)

JanK_55 asks: Can you tell us about any really good bloopers that
happened on the set of ATWT?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: No, I'm always perfect :) LOL

MaliseetWoman asks: How difficult can it be to manage two famous
careers, a family, home, children, bills, events like this private
life and staying sane?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: No more difficult than it is for anyone else with
a large family and a long commute, the career part is just icing. The
hardest thing is scheduling my children's activities and who gets
lunch money which day and who doesn't.

Ms_Smile asks: What do you think are the effects of ATWT on viewers? I
major in Communication Science and we study effects.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think the effects of daytime on viewers is
tremendous, viewers who are long time viewers learn to love or hate
their characters and rely on seeing their stories everyday so we
become part of their normal lives, a stable part even if the rest of
their lives are hectic and crazy. Aside from that, without sounding
preachy, I think daytime television has always been a kind of teaching
tool in how to and not to deal with relationships of all kinds in ones
life.

paigeguest_2ba033652 asks: What was your reaction when the writers
said that Barbara and John would get together?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I was thrilled, I had never thought of it. Ever.
Neither had Larry. We had been spinning in our own worlds, no pun
intended, for 20 years and never really crossed over, nor had it
occurred to us that we would work well together. Surprise, Surprise.

soapnutguest_2a8d30688 asks: Colleen, who else would you like to work
with on the show (that you haven't already worked with) in a major
storyline? Also, we are huge ATWT fans from Topeka, Kansas, and just
want to say we think you are GREAT as Barbara!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Scotty DeFreitas. Need I say more?

Cindylou100 asks: Is it hard on your children having a mom that alot
of people reconize as Barbara and not Colleen?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: My younger children see very little of that.
Occasionally at the mall, but people are generally so accustomed to
seeing us in and around our community that I'm just Morgan's mom or
Mrs. Pinter.

FAYtal1 asks: Are you and Eileen as good of friends as Barbara and
Lisa?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Better. Much better.

paigeguest_2ba033652 asks: Are there any plans to bring Paul back
anytime
Colleen Zenk Pinter: There were plans on the table last year, before
Lorraine and Hal joined us. I don't know what the status is at this
moment.

Marina1_98 asks: Do you still hate emily as much as in the time she
was involved with Paul
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I pity her. She's pathetic and should get a life
LOL.. But I love Kelley :)

soapnutguest_2a8d30688 asks: Regarding working more with Scotty ---
would you like that to be in a romantic relationship? You two would be
great together!
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Well, that would be kind of tricky, since I'm his
first cousin.

Cskc asks: I really like the idea of Barbara and John together. Why
has Lisa suddenly seemed to ignore the fact that she was dumped by
John.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Keep watching. There's a lot more to come with
Lisa's involvement in John and Barbara's life..

JanK_55 asks: Any spoilers you could share with us today? Please???
Colleen Zenk Pinter: No, do you have any? They don't tell me anything!

Cindylou100 asks: Do you ever make it to Louisville, Kentucky??? You
ought to come to the Derby.
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I've been there! I was there the year Secretariat
won!

soapnutguest_2a8d30688 asks: Do you ever wish they would involve your
children on the show more? I really liked it when Hal and you had the
children on a lot! Or does that just make taping more difficult?
Colleen Zenk Pinter: I wish my children were seen more as well. As
they get older I think we will see more of them. I envy my husband
Mark in being able to work with his on-screen children as much as he
does and as heavily involved in story as he has been with them.
Working with children that you have a relationship with can be very
rewarding.

Rockbiter_34 asks: Colleen, I have to admit -- I haven't been watching
much of ATWT, but throughout all this time, you've looked the same --
No, I'd say you look even better now. How do you stay so young and
gorgeous? Pact with the Devil? :)
Colleen Zenk Pinter: Good genes I guess. My mother has stopped
claiming me because she looks younger than I do and she's in far
better shape. I think a healthy attitude, a healthy lifestyle, a lot
of love and a lot of luck can get you the right combination. That and
a glass of wine before bed :)

Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you all for taking the time out of your
busy afternoons to come and talk and hopefully, you'll stay tuned to
ATWT for a long, long, long, long, long time. See ya!

SODhost: Thank you, Colleen! And thank you all for joining us this
afternoon!

[LINK]

Copyright c 1998 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright c 1998 Soap Opera Digest; Primedia Inc. All rights reserved.

[INLINE] Back

24/7 ad

What's Up | 20 Years Ago | Features & Interviews | Late Breaking News
Marketplace | Message Boards | Chat | Subscriptions | Home

(C)opyright. 1997. PRIMEDIA. All Rights Reserved.
Soap Opera Digest at www.soapdigest.com

Comments & Suggestions

Barbara Wilkie

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

alice wrote:
> As the World Turns' Colleen Zenk Pinter
> April 02, 1998
>
> [INLINE] SODhost: Colleen Zenk Pinter is here to answer your
> questions! Welcome Colleen!
>
> Msardino61 asks: do you feel older characters are finally getting to
> show their stuff? Do you think long standing characters are being
> written well now with new writers?
> Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think that the older veterans, the core of
> Oakdale, is finally getting a chance to be front and center for the
> first time in a long time. We're so grateful to Lorraine Broderick and
> Hal Corley for coming on board and using us at the core once again.

I'm glad to finally see an acknowledgment of "who" is bringing back the
"Oakdale" we love!!! Thank you Colleen! :)

> Loyal2cubs asks: Your work this last year w/ Mr. Bryggman has been
> EXCEPTIONAL. Can you tell us what he's like--beyond a great actor
> Colleen Zenk Pinter: Larry Bryggman is a true professional. He comes
> to work prepared. He comes to work with ideas about the scenes. He
> comes to work excited and happy to be there and it's such a pleasure
> to work with someone with that kind of work ethic. My husband, Mark
> Pinter, and I share that same work ethic and it's just so good to work
> with someone of like thinking. Beyond that, he can be a real brat! LOL
> and I mean that with great glee and respect and fondness.

Alice, looks like that "glint" we see in his eyes *does* mean he could be
a "real" challenge for you! A real "brat"... isn't that "intriguing"? %-D
Love her description of LB's professional qualities, and have to agree about
her husband Mark. I think she and Mark are two of the most talented
actors in television.

> Lymieguest_3fa031192 asks: How difficult is it maintain consistancy
> with characters and events over the many years that ATWT has been on
> the air?
> Colleen Zenk Pinter: Luckily, so many of us have been on the show for
> so many years, and we're not so old our memories have faded. so we
> veterans keep the continuity afloat because we've been there longer
> than anybody else.

And aren't we all so "relieved" that Broderick arrived, and they started asking
the veterans about these issues again? Noticeable difference lately, and I pray
it will continue. :)

> Ms_Smile asks: What do you think are the effects of ATWT on viewers? I
> major in Communication Science and we study effects.
> Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think the effects of daytime on viewers is
> tremendous, viewers who are long time viewers learn to love or hate
> their characters and rely on seeing their stories everyday so we
> become part of their normal lives, a stable part even if the rest of
> their lives are hectic and crazy. Aside from that, without sounding
> preachy, I think daytime television has always been a kind of teaching
> tool in how to and not to deal with relationships of all kinds in ones
> life.

Someone should send this comment to FMB and MADD because this is what
they fail to understand. In our constantly changing, pressure cooker lives,
soaps "used to be" the one place we could return to and see many of the same
faces whose "characters" had not changed... and pick up where we left off.
I think most of want this "sense of family" and their continuing stories... not
the latest "sci-fi" story, "comic" villain, or "hot body" parade. JMO

I vote for CZP as Executive Producer, she(& most of the veteran actors) evidently
knows daytime viewers better than TPTB want to know. :)

> soapnutguest_2a8d30688 asks: Colleen, who else would you like to work
> with on the show (that you haven't already worked with) in a major
> storyline? Also, we are huge ATWT fans from Topeka, Kansas, and just
> want to say we think you are GREAT as Barbara!
> Colleen Zenk Pinter: Scotty DeFreitas. Need I say more?

Okay, Alice... did you pay her to get this in? ;) Just kidding, I'm quite sure she
meant it, and wouldn't it make us all happy?!!! :)

> Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you all for taking the time out of your
> busy afternoons to come and talk and hopefully, you'll stay tuned to
> ATWT for a long, long, long, long, long time. See ya!

I didn't get to tell her online, so I'd just like to say here again, I think she is a
wonderful actress, and hope she stays with ATWT until she retires from acting.

bjw

Cory

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

In article <6ia0iu$q...@bgtnsc01.worldnet.att.net>, Barbara Wilkie says...

> alice wrote:
> > Ms_Smile asks: What do you think are the effects of ATWT on viewers? I
> > major in Communication Science and we study effects.
> > Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think the effects of daytime on viewers is
> > tremendous, viewers who are long time viewers learn to love or hate
> > their characters and rely on seeing their stories everyday so we
> > become part of their normal lives, a stable part even if the rest of
> > their lives are hectic and crazy. Aside from that, without sounding
> > preachy, I think daytime television has always been a kind of teaching
> > tool in how to and not to deal with relationships of all kinds in ones
> > life.
>
> Someone should send this comment to FMB and MADD because this is what
> they fail to understand.

I will!!! I will!!!! Along with all of your wonderful comments Barbara.
Please can I??? It would just make my day!!!! <VVVEG!!!>

--- Cory, desperate for MADD and FMB to get the message they obviously
don't hear...

--
WIN IT ALL FOR HARRY!

*E-mail address: onyxcge(at)concentric(dot)net.*

> In our constantly changing, pressure cooker lives,
> soaps "used to be" the one place we could return to and see many of the same
> faces whose "characters" had not changed... and pick up where we left off.
> I think most of want this "sense of family" and their continuing stories... not
> the latest "sci-fi" story, "comic" villain, or "hot body" parade. JMO
>
> I vote for CZP as Executive Producer, she(& most of the veteran actors) evidently
> knows daytime viewers better than TPTB want to know. :)
>

> > soapnutguest_2a8d30688 asks: Colleen, who else would you like to work
> > with on the show (that you haven't already worked with) in a major
> > storyline? Also, we are huge ATWT fans from Topeka, Kansas, and just
> > want to say we think you are GREAT as Barbara!
> > Colleen Zenk Pinter: Scotty DeFreitas. Need I say more?
>

> Okay, Alice... did you pay her to get this in? ;) Just kidding, I'm quite sure she

> meant it, and wouldn't it make us all happy?!!! :)

> > Colleen Zenk Pinter: Thank you all for taking the time out of your
> > busy afternoons to come and talk and hopefully, you'll stay tuned to
> > ATWT for a long, long, long, long, long time. See ya!

Barbara Wilkie

Apr 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/30/98

Thanks Cory for the compliment. :) I wouldn't care if you sent my comments
to them, but I don't think TPTB would be interested. I was hoping someone
on their staff might read CZP's comments and "recognize the wisdom" in
them that seems to elude those in charge. What do you think? :-)
bjw

Cory <ony...@concentric.net> wrote in article
>Barbara Wilkie says...
> > alice sent:

> > > Ms_Smile asks: What do you think are the effects of ATWT on viewers? I
> > > major in Communication Science and we study effects.
> > > Colleen Zenk Pinter: I think the effects of daytime on viewers is
> > > tremendous, viewers who are long time viewers learn to love or hate
> > > their characters and rely on seeing their stories everyday so we
> > > become part of their normal lives, a stable part even if the rest of
> > > their lives are hectic and crazy. Aside from that, without sounding
> > > preachy, I think daytime television has always been a kind of teaching
> > > tool in how to and not to deal with relationships of all kinds in ones
> > > life.
> >

> > Someone should send this comment to FMB and MADD because this is what
> > they fail to understand.
>
> I will!!! I will!!!! Along with all of your wonderful comments Barbara.
> Please can I??? It would just make my day!!!! <VVVEG!!!>
>
> --- Cory, desperate for MADD and FMB to get the message they obviously
> don't hear...
>
> --

> *E-mail address: onyxcge(at)concentric(dot)net.*

Cory

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

In article <6iaq3e$d...@bgtnsc03.worldnet.att.net>, Barbara Wilkie says...

> Thanks Cory for the compliment. :) I wouldn't care if you sent my comments
> to them, but I don't think TPTB would be interested. I was hoping someone
> on their staff might read CZP's comments and "recognize the wisdom" in
> them that seems to elude those in charge. What do you think? :-)
> bjw
>
> Cory <ony...@concentric.net> wrote in article
> >Barbara Wilkie says...
> > > alice sent:
> > >
> > > Someone should send this comment to FMB and MADD because this is what
> > > they fail to understand.
> >
> > I will!!! I will!!!! Along with all of your wonderful comments Barbara.
> > Please can I??? It would just make my day!!!! <VVVEG!!!>
> >
> > --- Cory, desperate for MADD and FMB to get the message they obviously
> > don't hear...
> >
> > --
> > *E-mail address: onyxcge(at)concentric(dot)net.*

They might, as long as the staff members that read it weren't hired by
MADD or FMB. If they were, then I don't think there is much chance that
they'll get the hint. JMO.

--- Cory

--
WIN IT ALL FOR HARRY!

It's time to end the witch-hunt, Ken!

*E-mail address: onyxcge(at)concentric(dot)net.*