Eric Braeden exits soap Y&R after "nasty negotiations" with Sony and failed pay cut dispute

Taylor

Oct 9, 2009, 6:05:35 AM10/9/09
Exclusive: Eric Braeden talks about controversial exit as Victor
Newman on 'Young and the Restless'
by Lynette Rice | EW, KJIH-TV Media
Categories: TV Biz

In yet another blow to the already ailing soap opera world, Eric
Braeden, the venerable star of CBS’ The Young and the Restless, has
exited the top-rated daytime drama after a nasty negotiation with
Sony. The production company wanted the popular actor to take a pay
cut for playing mega mogul Victor Newman, but Braeden—who’s been on
the soap since 1980—opted to leave instead. Barring any last-minute
change, Braeden’s final episode will air on Nov. 2. Reps for Sony and
CBS had no comment, though one insider indicated that no further talks
are planned. EW talked with Braeden, 68, about Sony’s decision to
exercise a draconian clause in his contract (his deal that was set to
expire in November 2010 can still be renegotiated every 26 weeks) and
what it means to the future of daytime dramas.

EW: Where do things stand? Did your representative counter Sony’s
offer and you have yet to hear an answer?
Braeden: Precisely.

As of today, are you willing to take what Sony offered?
No. There is no appreciation of the fact that I’ve been an important
part of the show for nearly 30 years that has been no. 1 in the
ratings. That’s extraordinary. So to be dealt with in a perfunctory
matter as if you had just known these people for a few months is what
is most offensive. This is a certain corporate culture now that is
very deleterious.

Is it true you offered to take a pay cut before?
I was the first one [to offer] because I knew that if we all did it,
we would insure the continuation of the show. I did it two years ago
when I signed my last contract, which I thought would last until next
November.

Did you say your on-set goodbyes?
I said this could be a long goodbye, and I may not see you for a long
time. Who knows? I’m not saying I’ve been let go – we’re still
negotiating. But it feels like that.

What does this say about the state of the industry when a production
company is asking the star of the No. 1 show in daytime to take a pay
cut? Should everyone be worried?
Yes, though it depends on what the star does. All options are open
right now. What can I tell you? I know there are certain economic
realities that dictate the actions they are taking right now, but the
manner in which its being done is most insulting.

You taped your last episode on Sept. 23. Was that the way you wanted
Victor to go?
No. It was rushed. It was obviously meant to intimidate. It was
obviously done with enormous forethought to coincide with the end of
the 26-week cycle. Essentially that is what the business is doing now
and has been doing for a while. And quite frankly, it’s outrageous.
When I sign a three-year deal, I’m obligated to fulfill that deal. The
producers, however, can come to me after a half-year and say, “We’ve
changed our minds.” Where in the world of business does this kind of
contract exist? Do I blame the people for wanting to squeeze as much
out of us as they can? I do not. The question is, when do you squeeze
too much?

Would you do another daytime drama?
I doubt that. Never say never in this business or in life, but I doubt
that.

Can you see the genre still existing in 10 years?
Yes I can. How many reality shows can you watch? They’re so obviously
phony. Our show deals with adult problems in a long continuous manner,
and very much like the way things are dealt with in real life. In that
sense I think there will always be a need for (soaps). They’re almost
novelistic in their approach.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/10/07/exclusive-eric-braeden/

Michael O'Connor

Oct 9, 2009, 7:00:02 AM10/9/09
I always thought he could have been a feature film star had he stuck
with it and not went to TV. He starred in a couple films in the early
70's (Colossus, one of the Planet of the Apes sequels) and he struck
me as a fine actor who deserved more starring roles. The only other
feature film since I remember seeing him in was in a small role in
Titanic. My guess is he'll become a character actor in feature films.

Tom

Oct 9, 2009, 7:40:29 AM10/9/09

Me too.

Anyone with half a brain in Hollywood is writing a sequel to Colussus
as we type! ;-)

He did do a western recently...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013651/

I make no claims as to the quality of this film, just to it
existence! ;-)

Tom

Michael Black

Oct 9, 2009, 9:21:50 AM10/9/09
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Tom wrote:

> On Oct 9, 6:00 am, "Michael O'Connor" <mpoconn...@aol.com> wrote:
>> I always thought he could have been a feature film star had he stuck
>> with it and not went to TV.  He starred in a couple films in the early
>> 70's (Colossus, one of the Planet of the Apes sequels) and he struck
>> me as a fine actor who deserved more starring roles.  The only other
>> feature film since I remember seeing him in was in a small role in
>> Titanic.  My guess is he'll become a character actor in feature films.
>
> Me too.
>
> Anyone with half a brain in Hollywood is writing a sequel to Colussus
> as we type! ;-)

There are three books. I haven't read them in at least thirty years,
though I actually saw the movie before I knew there were books.

Eric Braeden was often the nemesis in "Rat Patrol", looking much younger
get also not that different.

Michael

Dano

Oct 9, 2009, 10:21:17 AM10/9/09

Yep. He looked a tad younger...maybe because it was made over 40 years ago.
Looks pretty good for 68.

Tom

Oct 9, 2009, 11:10:44 AM10/9/09

Thanks for the tip on the books, Michael.

I liked Rat Patrol. I wish it would show up on my local RTV station.

From the useless information file... Braeden went by his real name in
RP... Hans Gudegast (sp?).

Tom

Tom

Oct 9, 2009, 11:11:13 AM10/9/09
> Looks pretty good for 68.- Hide quoted text -

He certainly does... I hope look half as good at 68!

Tom

Anim8rFSK

Oct 9, 2009, 12:19:23 PM10/9/09
In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.09...@darkstar.example.net>,
Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

I think you have him confused with Hans Gudegast.

--
Stargate Universe SGU: It puts the "U" in "SUCKS"!
It's the show 'Defiling Gravity' would be if DG had more regulars,

Tony Cianfaglione

Oct 9, 2009, 12:42:27 PM10/9/09

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Anim8rFSK wrote:

> I think you have him confused with Hans Gudegast.

That's his real name. When he tried to move to regular Hollywood
movies in the 70s, his agent told him he needed a more American sounding
name so he picked Eric as a first name and his hometown, Braeden, Germany,
as his last name.

Michael Black

Oct 9, 2009, 12:43:02 PM10/9/09
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Anim8rFSK wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.64.09...@darkstar.example.net>,
> Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:

>>> Me too.
>>>
>>> Anyone with half a brain in Hollywood is writing a sequel to Colussus
>>> as we type! ;-)
>>>
>> There are three books. I haven't read them in at least thirty years,
>> though I actually saw the movie before I knew there were books.
>>
>> Eric Braeden was often the nemesis in "Rat Patrol", looking much younger
>> get also not that different.
>

> I think you have him confused with Hans Gudegast.

No, the box for the first season makes sure we know he's Eric Braeden.

Michael

Laura M. Young

Oct 9, 2009, 2:08:43 PM10/9/09

I'm so sorry to hear this. I watched Y&R for 5 years back in the late
80s/early90s, and 90% of the reason I watched was because of "Victor." I
only gave it up when I went back to work full time and decided I only had
time for one soap so I stayed with my first love, GH.

I DO agree that it is appalling that a "3-year contract" is only binding for
the actor. What kind of nonsense is that? I can see there being an out if
the show is cancelled or something, but it doesn't seem
fair/reasonable/legal that the producers can drop a contract after every 6
month period. If that is the case, then the actor should have the same
option.

Laura M. Young

Oct 9, 2009, 2:12:16 PM10/9/09

I've seen him in a variety of small roles in things produced before and
during the time he was on Y&R. I'm sure he'll be able to work on other
things if he wants.

Or...he could just retire! The man is 68. You wouldn't think he has to
work at all anymore unless he wants to!

Michael Black

Oct 9, 2009, 2:52:00 PM10/9/09

You certainly can't say he hasn't had steady work for decades. Acting is
often a sporadic thing, you make lots of money on jobs, but that has to
carry you between jobs. A lot of actors don't do so well that they make
lots of money at lots of jobs. A long-running soap opera star may not
make as much as some big screen star, but it's steady work and reliable
work. He may not be ultra-rich, but unless he was careless, he is in
far better shape than many actors.

Michael

Cheri

Oct 9, 2009, 3:18:51 PM10/9/09
"Michael O'Connor" <mpoco...@aol.com> wrote in message

He did a terrible civil war movie, can't remember the name right now, but I
thought it was just awful. I have noticed with a lot of the soap stars, not
all, but some, that they don't act as well in movies.

Cheri

Cheri

Oct 9, 2009, 3:19:20 PM10/9/09
"Tom" <drs...@aol.com> wrote in message

Me too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1013651/

Tom

=============

It was terrible IMO.

Cheri

Michael O'Connor

Oct 9, 2009, 6:49:46 PM10/9/09

> Anyone with half a brain in Hollywood is writing a sequel to Colussus
> as we type! ;-)

At one time a couple years back Ron Howard was talking about doing a
remake of Colossus, but I think the idea fell thru. I thought it was
an interesting film for it's time, but Colossus was undoubtedly an
inspiration for Skynet in the Terminator films and the WOPR in War
Games, as the supercomputer who takes over our national defense and
begins to act in ways the humans who designed it did not anticipate
and the humans are at it's mercy. I don't think a sequel or remake of
Colossus would work; I think people are computer savvy enough now to
realize that allowing a computer to replace the human element for
National Defense is not a good idea.

Michael O'Connor

Oct 9, 2009, 6:53:45 PM10/9/09
On Oct 9, 9:21 am, Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Oct 2009, Tom wrote:
> > On Oct 9, 6:00 am, "Michael O'Connor" <mpoconn...@aol.com> wrote:
> >> I always thought he could have been a feature film star had he stuck
> >> with it and not went to TV.  He starred in a couple films in the early
> >> 70's (Colossus, one of the Planet of the Apes sequels) and he struck
> >> me as a fine actor who deserved more starring roles.  The only other
> >> feature film since I remember seeing him in was in a small role in
> >> Titanic.  My guess is he'll become a character actor in feature films.
>
> > Me too.
>
> > Anyone with half a brain in Hollywood is writing a sequel to Colussus
> > as we type! ;-)
>
> There are three books.  I haven't read them in at least thirty years,
> though I actually saw the movie before I knew there were books.

I read the first two Colossus books, and lost interest when in the
second book the Martians (I am not making this up) contacted Forbin
about an equation of some kind that if he gave it to Colossus to solve
would cause Colossus to shut down completely. I did not know there
was a third book, and would have no interest in reading it.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 9, 2009, 7:39:18 PM10/9/09
In article
<a89b2ddf-72fc-497b...@a7g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,

A remake/'reimagining' could focus on an A.I. taking over all computer
systems via the internet. It doesn't need to be a Pentagon computer (in
fact, I think a current iteration of the story would work better if it
was *not* some government project).

--
"There's no business, like Cho business."
- Patrick Jane, "The Mentalist", 02/11/09

Niki

Oct 9, 2009, 9:28:00 PM10/9/09
Cheri wrote:

> He did a terrible civil war movie, can't remember the name right now,
> but I thought it was just awful. I have noticed with a lot of the soap
> stars, not all, but some, that they don't act as well in movies.

He's got quite a history from IMDB.com. I like him and no matter his
shenanigans, I don't want to see him go.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000967/

--
Niki

SHIRLEY DAMOTTA

Oct 10, 2009, 2:22:59 AM10/10/09
Laura M. Young:

> I DO agree that it is appalling that a "3-year contract" is only binding for
> the actor.  What kind of nonsense is that?  I can see there being an out if
> the show is cancelled or something, but it doesn't seem
> fair/reasonable/legal that the producers can drop a contract after every 6
> month period.  If that is the case, then the actor should have the same
> option.

Thing is, it's spelled out, so if an actor doesn't agree to it, don't
sign it. Thing is, it's not right to have this kind of public hissy
fit about them exercising an option that you agreed to when you signed
the contract, is it? And he didn't seem to mind when others who also
contributed as many years of dedicated service were either demoted or
"let go", did he? In fact, he was gushing about how wonderful things
were even when some of the colleagues who had catered to his every
whim for the prior couple of decades were being fired.

What they're doing to him is no more "appalling" than what's happened
to anyone else...he's only making a big scene (no pun) about it now
because this time, it's happening to HIM.

Shirl

Edward McArdle

Oct 10, 2009, 8:24:07 AM10/10/09
In article
<f685162f-7a78-42df...@v6g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
SHIRLEY DAMOTTA <xmnus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Laura M. Young:
>> I DO agree that it is appalling that a "3-year contract" is only binding =
>for
>> the actor. =A0What kind of nonsense is that? =A0I can see there being an =

>out if
>> the show is cancelled or something, but it doesn't seem

>> fair/reasonable/legal that the producers can drop a contract after every =
>6
>> month period. =A0If that is the case, then the actor should have the same

>> option.
>
>Thing is, it's spelled out, so if an actor doesn't agree to it, don't
>sign it. Thing is, it's not right to have this kind of public hissy
>fit about them exercising an option that you agreed to when you signed
>the contract, is it? And he didn't seem to mind when others who also
>contributed as many years of dedicated service were either demoted or
>"let go", did he? In fact, he was gushing about how wonderful things
>were even when some of the colleagues who had catered to his every
>whim for the prior couple of decades were being fired.
>
>What they're doing to him is no more "appalling" than what's happened
>to anyone else...he's only making a big scene (no pun) about it now
>because this time, it's happening to HIM.
>
>Shirl

So they can do that sequel to The Forbin Project at last??

--
Edward McArdle

Tom

Oct 10, 2009, 12:49:50 PM10/10/09

I'd love to know what Forbin's world is like forty years after the
computers took over.

I think it would make a great story. Is Colossus still watching his
every move? Is he still having unmonitored sex with Susan Clark?

Is humanity better off or have things gotten worse?

I have no interest in a remake either. Strictly a straightforward
sequel.

Tom

Michael O'Connor

Oct 10, 2009, 4:04:06 PM10/10/09

> I'd love to know what Forbin's world is like forty years after the
> computers took over.
>
> I think it would make a great story. Is Colossus still watching his
> every move? Is he still having unmonitored sex with Susan Clark?
>
> Is humanity better off or have things gotten worse?
>
> I have no interest in a remake either. Strictly a straightforward
> sequel.

That might make an interesting story. I imagine that Colussus would
have invented all new types of technology to improve itself such as
Virtual Reality and hardwiring to prevent somebody from setting off an
EMP device in outer space to fry it. I cannot see Forbin lasting too
long under the thumb of Colossus without going nuts or committing
suicide.

Heightsman

Oct 11, 2009, 12:35:09 AM10/11/09

In my opinion Herr Braden is nothing more than a filthy Nazi apologist.

Michael Black

Oct 11, 2009, 9:18:42 AM10/11/09

Considering he was born in 1941, that would make him four when Hitler
killed himself and the war in Europe ended. He couldn't even get into the
Hitler Youth at that age, so it's hard to imagine him having anything nice
to say about the nazis.

Michael

record hunter

Oct 11, 2009, 10:00:02 AM10/11/09

Where did you get that idea? He's one of the most liberal of liberals.

queenie

Oct 11, 2009, 5:35:26 PM10/11/09
On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 03:05:35 -0700 (PDT), Taylor
<lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Exclusive: Eric Braeden talks about controversial exit as Victor
>Newman on 'Young and the Restless'
>by Lynette Rice | EW, KJIH-TV Media
>Categories: TV Biz

>Can you see the genre still existing in 10 years?
>Yes I can. How many reality shows can you watch? They�re so obviously
>phony. Our show deals with adult problems in a long continuous manner,
>and very much like the way things are dealt with in real life. In that
>sense I think there will always be a need for (soaps). They�re almost
>novelistic in their approach.
>
>http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/10/07/exclusive-eric-braeden/

EB must not be reading the Y&R scripts!

record hunter

Oct 11, 2009, 5:42:12 PM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 5:35 pm, queenie <quee...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 03:05:35 -0700 (PDT), Taylor

Or novels.

Ian J. Ball

Oct 11, 2009, 8:09:10 PM10/11/09
In article <voj4d5lrebjjfpom7...@4ax.com>,
queenie <que...@nospam.com> wrote:

Maybe he's watching OLTL instead!! ;p

Ian (As to the point, I think he's only half-right: I don't think the
'soap' genre will ever die. But the *daytime* soap genre looks to be all
gone by 2020, maybe 2015...)

queenie

Oct 11, 2009, 11:35:44 PM10/11/09
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:09:10 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
<ijball-...@mac.invalid> wrote:

>In article <voj4d5lrebjjfpom7...@4ax.com>,
> queenie <que...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 03:05:35 -0700 (PDT), Taylor
>> <lukeb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Exclusive: Eric Braeden talks about controversial exit as Victor
>> >Newman on 'Young and the Restless'
>> >by Lynette Rice | EW, KJIH-TV Media
>> >Categories: TV Biz
>> >
>> >Can you see the genre still existing in 10 years?
>> >Yes I can. How many reality shows can you watch? They�re so obviously
>> >phony. Our show deals with adult problems in a long continuous manner,
>> >and very much like the way things are dealt with in real life. In that
>> >sense I think there will always be a need for (soaps). They�re almost
>> >novelistic in their approach.
>> >
>> >http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2009/10/07/exclusive-eric-braeden/
>>
>> EB must not be reading the Y&R scripts!
>
>Maybe he's watching OLTL instead!! ;p

Is OLTL any good these days?

>Ian (As to the point, I think he's only half-right: I don't think the
>'soap' genre will ever die. But the *daytime* soap genre looks to be all
>gone by 2020, maybe 2015...)

Do you think Y&R will still be around in 2015?

Ian J. Ball

Oct 11, 2009, 11:54:53 PM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 8:35 pm, queenie <quee...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:09:10 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
> <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >In article <voj4d5lrebjjfpom7js2r63g90v3d06...@4ax.com>,

> > queenie <quee...@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> EB must not be reading the Y&R scripts!
>
> >Maybe he's watching OLTL instead!!   ;p
>
> Is OLTL any good these days?

It's my fave of those that remain.
(That said, none of them are a patch on what they were 20 years ago.)

> >Ian  (As to the point, I think he's only half-right: I don't think the
> >'soap' genre will ever die. But the *daytime* soap genre looks to be all
> >gone by 2020, maybe 2015...)
>
> Do you think Y&R will still be around in 2015?

If any of the daytime shows survive pas 2015, it'll be Y&R.

But if they're firing Braeden (effectively), and are nearly firing
Melody Scott Thomas too, the string is probably pretty much played out
even on Y&R...

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 10:26:19 AM10/12/09

Not at the rate they're going. I'd bet on the ABC shows outlasting any
CBS show except B&B (because it is so popular internationally).

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 10:34:34 AM10/12/09
On Oct 11, 11:35 pm, queenie <quee...@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:09:10 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
>

> <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:
> >In article <voj4d5lrebjjfpom7js2r63g90v3d06...@4ax.com>,
> > queenie <quee...@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> EB must not be reading the Y&R scripts!
>
> >Maybe he's watching OLTL instead!! ;p
>
> Is OLTL any good these days?

I watch an episode here and there because of the new gay storyline,
which is being told in just the manner I wish Y&R had done. As for the
rest, Nora is now married to, or almost married to Clint (played by
GL's ex-"Ross Marler"), but is still k-i-s-s-i-n-g with Bo, which,
since I haven't watched the show in nine years, seems perfectly
natural to me. Also, Sam Rappaport's son now is now Bo's son, which is
a little confusing, but Nora always has been something of a minx, I
suppose.

Diva

Oct 12, 2009, 10:45:35 AM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 10:34 am, record hunter <record.hun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 11:35 pm, queenie <quee...@nospam.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 17:09:10 -0700, "Ian J. Ball"
>
> > <ijball-NO_S...@mac.invalid> wrote:

> > >Maybe he's watching OLTL instead!!   ;p
>
> > Is OLTL any good these days?
>
> I watch an episode here and there because of the new gay storyline,

I watched Obama yesterday for the same reason!

Diva

Shirl

Oct 12, 2009, 10:50:47 AM10/12/09
Ian J. Ball:

> > If any of the daytime shows survive pas 2015, it'll be Y&R.

record hunter:

> Not at the rate they're going. I'd bet on the ABC shows outlasting any
> CBS show except B&B (because it is so popular internationally).

I agree with you, rh.

If Y&R had maintained the quality its reputation stood for 5 years
ago, I too would have bet that Y&R would either be among the last or
maybe even **THE** last living soap.

But with the destruction it has suffered in the last few years since
some brilliant suit thought it needed to be "brought into the new
millenium" and "modernized", I think it could well meet its demise
sooner than others. It's many from-day-one and other long-time
faithful fans/supporters *would have* stuck by her till the end had
they not dismantled so much significant history, killed off so many
significant/core-family characters, taken the remaining characters
into such darkness, and resorted to such lame, unbelievable and sloppy
storytelling. Many of those viewers who WOULD have been there till the
end have already justifiably abandoned ship, and it's doubtful they
can hang onto the rest with what they're continuing to offer.

Sad. After all the TLC former people put into it, too bad *someone*
wasn't able to protect it from deteriorating to this level.

Shirl

Ian J. Ball

Oct 12, 2009, 11:25:05 AM10/12/09

I don't agree because AMC is *crap* (and has been for years), and GH
is little better, being stuck in its endless "The Sonny Corinthos
Show!!" loop for over a decade now...

Ian (Bottom line - As long as Y&R is the top-rated soap, it'll
survive the longest, IMO.)

KC

Oct 12, 2009, 11:27:54 AM10/12/09

I like this story, too, as well as the actors. I like the
Rex/Gigi/Stacey business that butts up against it, too. I never
thought I'd like Rex (and I still can't stand the way everyone calls
him "Balsom"), but he's grown on me since Gigi came along.

>As for the
>rest, Nora is now married to, or almost married to Clint (played by
>GL's ex-"Ross Marler"), but is still k-i-s-s-i-n-g with Bo, which,
>since I haven't watched the show in nine years, seems perfectly
>natural to me.

Married to Clint. They rebonded over the medical issues with Matthew
and the night before the wedding, they kissed. Nora told her daughter
about the kiss before the wedding and had a powerful scene where she
talked about the way Bo never forgave her, is an unforgiving person,
and how she and Clint have something that isn't marred by nasty things
said to each other in the heat of anger and that that's a really nice
relationship to have, stuff like that. But, as much as I think Nora
does love Clint, she and Bo have a child and a lot of history.

Personally, I like Nora with Clint, because I adore the chemistry
between Hillary and Jerry, but also because I don't get the big deal
about Bo. I'm an occasional watcher, but he seems perpetually scowly
and Woods seems kind of one-note to me. I know that's sacrilege to
criticize such a venerable star, but he doesn't do much for me. There
are actually several people on this show that seem to be either
chewing the scenery (Dorian, Blair) or phoning it in (is Michael
Easton actually awake/alive, or he Weekend at Bernie-ing it?), but
they don't have great material to work with.

> Also, Sam Rappaport's son now is now Bo's son, which is
>a little confusing, but Nora always has been something of a minx, I
>suppose.

Matthew turned out to be Bo's, not Sam's.

KC

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 11:49:09 AM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 10:50 am, Shirl <shinn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian J. Ball:
>
> > > If any of the daytime shows survive pas 2015, it'll be Y&R.
>
> record hunter:
>
> > Not at the rate they're going. I'd bet on the ABC shows outlasting any
> > CBS show except B&B (because it is so popular internationally).
>
> I agree with you, rh.
>
> If Y&R had maintained the quality its reputation stood for 5 years
> ago, I too would have bet that Y&R would either be among the last or
> maybe even **THE** last living soap.
>
> But with the destruction it has suffered in the last few years since
> some brilliant suit thought it needed to be "brought into the new
> millenium" and "modernized", I think it could well meet its demise
> sooner than others.
[...]

> Sad. After all the TLC former people put into it, too bad *someone*
> wasn't able to protect it from deteriorating to this level.

I maintain, as I have for some time now, that the destruction is
intentional. Make 'em hate it so they'll be *glad* when we pull the
plug.

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 11:54:53 AM10/12/09

I'll just say I think they are all crap. I have never watched AMC, nor
much of GH, but they cannot be any worse than Y&R. Maybe it just seems
that way to me because Y&R had so far to fall, but (I hope) it is at
the bottom now. As I stated upthread, I think the owners/nets/
producers are deliberately making the soaps so bad, people won't
complain when they pull the plug. This is a one-two punch/self-
fulfilling prophecy, as the ratings consistently get lower with each
new storytelling outrage (yes, Mark, I read that Y&R is up a little,
but I don't think it will last).

I haven't watched most of the last four episodes, but that may be
because I read the spoilers, and I just do not have the patience to
watch something when I know what's going to happen.

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 12:03:57 PM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 11:27 am, KC <cmk1...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 07:34:34 -0700 (PDT), record hunter

> I like this story, too, as well as the actors. I like the

> Rex/Gigi/Stacey business that butts up against it, too. I never
> thought I'd like Rex (and I still can't stand the way everyone calls
> him "Balsom"), but he's grown on me since Gigi came along.

I love Rex. I wish he had been the gay character. He's practically got
GIRLFRIEND tattooed on his forehead.

> >As for the
> >rest, Nora is now married to, or almost married to Clint (played by
> >GL's ex-"Ross Marler"), but is still k-i-s-s-i-n-g with Bo, which,
> >since I haven't watched the show in nine years, seems perfectly
> >natural to me.
>
> Married to Clint. They rebonded over the medical issues with Matthew
> and the night before the wedding, they kissed. Nora told her daughter
> about the kiss before the wedding and had a powerful scene where she
> talked about the way Bo never forgave her, is an unforgiving person,
> and how she and Clint have something that isn't marred by nasty things
> said to each other in the heat of anger and that that's a really nice
> relationship to have, stuff like that. But, as much as I think Nora
> does love Clint, she and Bo have a child and a lot of history.

It's one of those pairings, Bo and Nora, that always seemed right to
me, even when she was with Sam Rappaport, played by Kale Browne, whom
I love (Michael Hudson, whom he played on AW, had the best funeral
ever on daytime. He was buried on a snowy day while the New York City
Gay Men's Chorus sang "No One Is Alone," from INTO THE WOODS. Not a
dry eye, etc. But I digress).

> > Also, Sam Rappaport's son now is now Bo's son, which is
> >a little confusing, but Nora always has been something of a minx, I
> >suppose.
>
> Matthew turned out to be Bo's, not Sam's.

A parentage of convenience.

Big questions: What happened to Sam Rappaport? Why was Jason Shane
Scott ("Will Rappaport" never seen again on any other soap (in a
contract role, I mean)?

Shirl

Oct 12, 2009, 1:54:48 PM10/12/09
record hunter:

> I maintain, as I have for some time now, that the destruction is
> intentional. Make 'em hate it so they'll be *glad* when we pull the
> plug.

Yeah, I have wondered that also. I could be convinced to believe it
EXCEPT that I can't imagine anyone there intentionally signing their
names to storytelling that is THIS bad -- for *numerous* reasons --
unless they all intend to just ride it out until they hammer the final
nail in Y&R's coffin and then retire. Still, why would anyone want to
end their careers with material that is THIS bad as their swan song?

Not to mention having various people praising it, including MAB
talking about how she/they have made no mistakes, etc. If it's
intentionally being derailed, why go public to praise it? EB publicly
said they/we should kneel at MAB's feet ... ?? ... for WHAT? I see no
reason to even pat her on the back let along kneel at her feet! Nice
attempt to solidify an inside advocate, albeit WAY obvious.

Shirl

Shirl

Oct 12, 2009, 2:08:55 PM10/12/09
record hunter:

> As I stated upthread, I think the owners/nets/
> producers are deliberately making the soaps so bad, people won't
> complain when they pull the plug.

But why would they CARE if people complain when the plug is pulled?
People/Viewers complaining have not been a major factor in decisions
in the past, and in fact, complaints have even been thought of as a
show of enhanced interest in many cases (even though unfavorable).

Shirl

MarkH

Oct 12, 2009, 2:23:18 PM10/12/09
In this case, what is happening to Y&R is the fault of a weak leader
(namely Maria Arena Bell).

From what I gather, she should have a lot of power. The Bells, with
49% of the show, should basically be in the driver's seat.

But what I'm hearing is that, of course, Hogan Sheffer and Scott
Hamner are already mucking up the works with their ideas (Hogan is the
plot-plot-plot and mysogyny king, apparently; Scott Hamner is LML's
survivng pet and the murder king). But I'm also hearing that Steve
Kent (Sony) and Barbara Bloom (CBS) are very strongly giving "notes"
that lead us in the direction of plot-plot-plot (what Queenie calls
"shock and awe").

Now, the irony is that MAB, like Bill Bell, could actually probably
say "no". (Yes, her family holds only 49%, but somehow I doubt Sony
would oust her at this point). She seems charmed by the stories, and
thinks they're great.

The cancer story, for example, which is gagworthy---COMES FROM HER
PERSONAL EXPERIENCE (in part). And it is still gagworthy...both
because of cloying dialogue and poor acting.

In sincerely doubt MAB is trying to kill the show. I just think she's
a weak pilot in stormy weathers, and she's listening too much to other
members of the crew.

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 2:40:47 PM10/12/09

You may be right. The theory goes, they don't want phone calls (and
now e-mails) from angry viewers. I didn't invent the idea, but I do
see the logic in it.

If you are right, then these people simply have no talent, and should
forth such unbearable drivel--well, except for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. I
caught about 1/2 hour of it last night, to see "Ade" from THE
SOPRANOS, and the writing is just as bad there as on Y&R.

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 2:46:45 PM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 2:23 pm, MarkH <markhs...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I sincerely doubt MAB is trying to kill the show. I just think she's

> a weak pilot in stormy weathers, and she's listening too much to other
> members of the crew.

Do you honestly believe Sheffer and Hamner believe that their plotting
and pacing work? I'm leaving alone content-y things like violence,
misogyny, and "blindness," and strictly addressing story structure.
Their brand of PlotPlotPlot is AWFUL. Megan McTavish did PPP so well
on OLTL, it was a joy to watch the wheels spin. This is nothing like
that. If these people aren't trying to write a show that will make
people not watch it, then they are simply piss-poor writers who should
would be doing if they weren't writing Y&R. It is execrable.

chicagofan

Oct 12, 2009, 3:00:04 PM10/12/09
MarkH wrote:
> In this case, what is happening to Y&R is the fault of a weak leader
> (namely Maria Arena Bell).
>
> From what I gather, she should have a lot of power. The Bells, with
> 49% of the show, should basically be in the driver's seat.
>
> But what I'm hearing is that, of course, Hogan Sheffer and Scott
> Hamner are already mucking up the works with their ideas (Hogan is the
> plot-plot-plot and mysogyny king, apparently; Scott Hamner is LML's
> survivng pet and the murder king). But I'm also hearing that Steve
> Kent (Sony) and Barbara Bloom (CBS) are very strongly giving "notes"
> that lead us in the direction of plot-plot-plot (what Queenie calls
> "shock and awe").

Thanks, Mark. This explains it all for me... Hogan Sheffer and Barbara
Bloom.
bj

MarkH

Oct 12, 2009, 4:46:12 PM10/12/09

I'm right there with you on Desperate Housewives.

Hell, you're the one who got me started on Brothers and Sisters, and
I'm almost done with that.

MarkH

Oct 12, 2009, 4:47:42 PM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 2:46 pm, record hunter <record.hun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you honestly believe Sheffer and Hamner believe that their plotting
> and pacing work? I'm leaving alone content-y things like violence,
> misogyny, and "blindness," and strictly addressing story structure.
> Their brand of PlotPlotPlot is AWFUL. Megan McTavish did PPP so well
> on OLTL, it was a joy to watch the wheels spin. This is nothing like
> that. If these people aren't trying to write a show that will make
> people not watch it, then they are simply piss-poor writers who should
> would be doing if they weren't writing Y&R. It is execrable.

Let's assume Sheffer and Hamner believe in themselves.

How the f*ck can MAB believe in them? How can Sony believe in them?
How can CBS believe in them?

I'm trying to figure out how every level of "suit" up the line thinks
this sh!t smells like roses???

It is a total, collective failure of good judgment.

And when I write that out, then I actually start to buy your (and
others;) "sabotage" theory.

MarkH

Oct 12, 2009, 4:48:05 PM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 3:00 pm, chicagofan <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> Thanks, Mark.  This explains it all for me... Hogan Sheffer and Barbara
> Bloom.
> bj

LOL. Don't forget Scott "General Homicide" Hamner!!

record hunter

Oct 12, 2009, 4:49:02 PM10/12/09

I left the room in the middle of B&S last night forgot to go back and
watch the rest. Kitty with cancer. Scotty and Kevin *having* to have a
baby clearly neither of them wants. This Ryan character. Oh, it's all
such a mess. I don't know if I'll watch it next week or not.

MarkH

Oct 12, 2009, 4:52:34 PM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 4:49 pm, record hunter <record.hun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I left the room in the middle of B&S last night forgot to go back and
> watch the rest. Kitty with cancer. Scotty and Kevin *having* to have a
> baby clearly neither of them wants. This Ryan character. Oh, it's all
> such a mess. I don't know if I'll watch it next week or not.

I recorded it, but didn't summon the interest to watch B&S. You
highlight a number of the major problems. And there are others too.
I don't care about Justin in med school or Sarah in Europe.

The only -- the ONLY -- moment in the preceding week that meant
anything to me was when Sally Field broke down at the end. That woman
has a gift.

All the rest is now measurably better than Y&R...but that ain't saying
much. This show has also fallen at the alter of plot-plot-plot.

KC

Oct 12, 2009, 4:56:15 PM10/12/09
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:03:57 -0700 (PDT), record hunter
<record...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Big questions: What happened to Sam Rappaport?

Killed by Lindsay, who's in jail. I mention the jail thing, since on a
soap, you cannot assume this!

> Why was Jason Shane
>Scott ("Will Rappaport" never seen again on any other soap (in a
>contract role, I mean)?

My guess is that he's moved on from soaps. He apparently made a few
visits to OLTL and appeared, briefly, I believe, on Y&R. He's done
some movies and guest appearances on Scrubs, Desperate Housewives,
CSI, etc. Looks like he's focused on primetime.

KC

Heightsman

Oct 12, 2009, 6:32:34 PM10/12/09
On Oct 11, 10:00�am, record hunter <record.hun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 11, 12:35 am, Heightsman <Boff...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 9, 7:00 am, "Michael O'Connor" <mpoconn...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > > I always thought he could have been a feature film star had he stuck
> > > with it and not went to TV. He starred in a couple films in the early
> > > 70's (Colossus, one of the Planet of the Apes sequels) and he struck
> > > me as a fine actor who deserved more starring roles. The only other
> > > feature film since I remember seeing him in was in a small role in
> > > Titanic. My guess is he'll become a character actor in feature films.
>
> > In my opinion Herr Braden is nothing more than a filthy Nazi apologist.
>
> Where did you get that idea? He's one of the most liberal of liberals.

Where did I get the idea? From the horse's ass, I mean mouth. E.B. was
on Larry King a while back. You shoulda heard him making excuses for
Germany and Germans. That where I got it.

Cheri

Oct 12, 2009, 6:48:42 PM10/12/09
"Heightsman" <Bof...@aol.com> wrote in message

===========

How do you explain this?

"Braeden, a longtime activist and humanitarian, is a true supporter of
German-American friendship and has dedicated himself to promoting a
positive, realistic image of Germans in the United States. As co-founder and
president of the German-American Cultural Society, he is able to convey
contributions Germans have made, and continue to make, in America and to
foster greater awareness and understanding of German culture both past and
present, as well as, advance German-Jewish dialogue in this country and
elsewhere.Braeden, a longtime activist and humanitarian, is a true supporter
of German-American friendship and has dedicated himself to promoting a
positive, realistic image of Germans in the United States. As co-founder and
president of the German-American Cultural Society, he is able to convey
contributions Germans have made, and continue to make, in America and to
foster greater awareness and understanding of German culture both past and
present, as well as, advance German-Jewish dialogue in this country and
elsewhere.

In recognition of these efforts, Braeden has twice received the Federal
Medal of Honor by the President of Germany for his contribution to German
American relations and has been honored with the Humanitarian Award from the
government of Israel for fostering good relations between Germany and
Israel."

More: http://www.4seasons-photography.com/Event_Star_Eric_Braeden.html

To the delight of the

international crowd,

Todd Lindgren, Senior

Vice President of the

Hollywood Chamber of

Commerce, introduces

and congratulates

Eric Braeden both in

English and in German!
Friends show their

support (left to right):

Former world champion

heavyweight boxer Ken

Norton, Actors James Patrick Stuart, Sean

Young and George

Kennedy, Hollywood's

Honorary Mayor Johnny

Grant and Eric Braeden.
Tom LaBonge, Los Angeles City Council Member 4th District, congratulates
Eric Braeden and presents him with a gift and the official certificate.

From this day on, July 20, 2007 is declared Eric Braeden Day.

Below:

Eric Braeden proudly presents his certificate to the applauding audience.
Above / Left:

Actor George

Kennedy (Airport, Earthquake, The Naked Gun) congratulates his good friend
Eric.

Kennedy stars in Braeden's new movie "The Man Who Came Back", which will be
released in 2008.
Above: Eric Braeden's friends Jesse Ventura, former professional Wrestler
and Governor of Minnesota, and Ken Norton, former world champion heavyweight
boxer (the real Apollo Creed) attend the ceremony.

Below: Sean Young, Todd Lindgren, Jesse Ventura, Johnny Grant, Tom LaBonge
and George Kennedy
Eric Braeden patiently poses for the many photographers and fans.
Eric Braeden shares the limelight with his son Christian Gudegast, a
screenwriter, and his lovely wife of 41 years, his college sweetheart Dale
Above:

Jesse Ventura, George Kennedy, Y&R's Melody Thomas Scott and Tom LaBonge
pose with Erc Braeden
Eric Braeden surrounded by cast members of the "Young and the Restless"

From left to right:

Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor), Don Diamont (Brad Carlton), Eric
Braeden (Victor Newman), Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Reed Newman), Heather
Tom (Victoria Newman)

About the "Young and the Restless"

Emmy Award winning "The Young and the Restless" debuted in 1973. The
storyline focuses on elegance, wealth, and big business. Residing in Genoa
City, the players are the Abbotts, Chancellors and the Newmans!

Soap fans are invited to read in-depth daily recaps/updates, and the most
up-to-date news about the actors/actresses and the show. Soaps.com offers
the latest spoilers and the friendliest message boards on the net!

"The Young and the Restless" is seen by 100 million worldwide viewers
everyday!

Above left: Eric Braeden with Stuntman Dick Ziker

Above: Eric with ?

Left: Eric Braeden with son Christian Gudegast and friends

Below: Eric Braeden wih German World Magazine Publisher Petra Schuermann
?, Tamara Sedmak, Norbert Dobeleit, ?, Tamara's girl friend, ?, ?, Petra
Schuermann
Honorary Mayor

of Hollywood

Johnny Grant

with Eric Braeden
Ken Norton is a former world champion heavyweight boxer and one of the few
to beat Muhammad Ali. In 1973, Norton fought Muhammad Ali, broke Ali's jaw
and went on to win by a split decision. Norton remains unique among all
heavyweight champions, as he is still the only holder of a World Heavyweight
Championship to have never won a single world title fight.

The character of "Apollo Creed" in the Rocky movie was initially going to be
played by Norton, however when he pulled out, Carl Weathers was selected.

Most fight fans never remember Kenny Norton as the real reason for the movie
Rocky. We would never have had the great movie "Rocky" without his fight
with Wepner in 1970, which created the spark for Sylvester Stallone to make
this fine film. So, yes, Kenny Norton is the real Apollo Creed!

He later acted in movies and popular TV series until he was injured in a car
accident, which resulted in temporary brain and permanent physical damage.
Ken Norton is a 1992 inductee of the International Boxing Hall Of Fame and a
1989 inductee of the World Boxing Hall of Fame. The 1998 holiday issue of
"The Ring" ranked Norton # 22 in "The 50 Greatest Heavy- weights of All
Time. Norton received the Napoleon Hill Award for positive thinking and the
Boxing Writers Association of America J. Niel Trophy for "Fighter of the
Year" in 1977. Ken Norton was twice voted "Father of the Year" by the Los
Angeles Sentinel and the Los Angeles Times. His son, Ken Norton Jr, played
American football in the NFL and won three consecutive Super Bowls with his
teams.
Kenny Norton and his wife Rose enjoy the romantic setting at Eric Braeden's
home in Pacific Palisades.
Celebration at the Home of Eric Braeden in Pacific Palisades
The beautiful garden at the Braeden residence includes a pergola covered
veranda overlooking the estates of the Kennedy, Schwarzenegger and Hanks
families. Also among the Party guests: Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy).
No signs of slowing down - Even after midnight, party guests are still
dancing in Eric Braeden's living room and the host himself seems to have a
good time too :-) Thank you for this most memorable day!
Charles Sherman, Eric Braeden's multi-task Manager, did an

amazing job to ensure a smooth operation at every event.
Big smile from Actor George Kennedy
Eric Braeden's son Christian Gudegast with German World Magazine publisher /
founder Petra Schuermann
Star Ceremony

Photographer was on assignment for "German World Magazine" - All photos
taken with prof. equipment

Party

Photographer was not on assignment - All photos taken for private use with
small compact camera
Home Welcome Business Cards Postcards Greeting Cards Stock
Photography

Events & Oscars Publications Photo Gallery Charities & Celebrities
Link Collection
Swiss Beauty and Multi-Talent

Tamara Sedmak with her husband Norbert Dobeleit, a television personality
and retired athlete, and her girl friend.

Tamara Sedmak

Actress, Model, TV & Radio Moderator, and Miss Schweiz des TV Publikums
(voted Miss Switzerland by the TV audience) in 1999/2000, currently works as
a Moderator and Reporter for PREMIERE, the leading pay TV operator in
Germany and Austria.

Tamara Sedmak Website
In recognition of these efforts, Braeden has twice received the Federal
Medal of Honor by the President of Germany for his contribution to German
American relations and has been honored with the Humanitarian Award from the
government of Israel for fostering good relations between Germany and
Israel.

Shirl

Oct 12, 2009, 7:15:20 PM10/12/09
MarkH:

> Let's assume Sheffer and Hamner believe in themselves.
>
> How the f*ck can MAB believe in them?  How can Sony believe in them?
> How can CBS believe in them?

Most importantly, how can THE VIEWERS believe in them? Without the
support of VIEWERS, it doesn't matter WHO else believes in them.

> I'm trying to figure out how every level of "suit" up the line thinks
> this sh!t smells like roses???
>
> It is a total, collective failure of good judgment.
>
> And when I write that out, then I actually start to buy your (and
> others;)  "sabotage" theory.

The sabotage theory makes sense UNTIL you ask what's in it for those
signing their names to this garbage. What could they possibly have to
gain by shooting themselves in the foot and then autographing it?

Shirl

Shirl

Oct 12, 2009, 7:21:54 PM10/12/09
chicagofan:

> > Thanks, Mark.  This explains it all for me... Hogan Sheffer and Barbara
> > Bloom.

MarkH:

> LOL.  Don't forget Scott "General Homicide" Hamner!!

Yeah, but Bloom started the whole thing by putting her buddy in the
left seat and clearing her for takeoff.

Shirl

Shirl

Oct 12, 2009, 7:30:02 PM10/12/09
record hunter:

> If you are right, then these people simply have no talent, and should
> forth such unbearable drivel--well, except for DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

But again, I don't see the logic in having garbage on a resume or in a
portfolio when looking for the next job.

Then again, maybe they figure just listing themselves as writers for
the number-one soap opera until it died is prestigious enough. The
faster it dies, the less evidence of their ineptitude. With no more
soaps left after it dies, they won't be looking for work on another
soap, so what does it matter how good their storytelling was in
soapland?

Either way, viewers are being served crapola, and it really doesn't
matter whether we watch or not anymore.

Shirl

queenie

Oct 12, 2009, 8:18:47 PM10/12/09
On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:49:02 -0700 (PDT), record hunter
<record...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I left the room in the middle of B&S last night forgot to go back and
>watch the rest. Kitty with cancer. Scotty and Kevin *having* to have a
>baby clearly neither of them wants. This Ryan character. Oh, it's all
>such a mess. I don't know if I'll watch it next week or not.

What happened to Ryan--not that I miss him.

I'm watching next week if just for that gorgeous Gilles Marini who
plays Sarah's new love interest.

record hunter

Oct 13, 2009, 1:15:18 AM10/13/09
On Oct 12, 4:56 pm, KC <cmk1...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 09:03:57 -0700 (PDT), record hunter
>
> <record.hun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Big questions: What happened to Sam Rappaport?
>
> Killed by Lindsay, who's in jail. I mention the jail thing, since on a
> soap, you cannot assume this!
>
> > Why was Jason Shane
> >Scott ("Will Rappaport" never seen again on any other soap (in a
> >contract role, I mean)?
>
> My guess is that he's moved on from soaps. He apparently made a few
> visits to OLTL and appeared, briefly, I believe, on Y&R. He's done
> some movies and guest appearances on Scrubs, Desperate Housewives,
> CSI, etc. Looks like he's focused on primetime.
>
> KC

Thanks for the info, KC. I really liked him on ONE LIFE.

chicagofan

Oct 13, 2009, 6:37:23 PM10/13/09
queenie wrote:
> <record...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I left the room in the middle of B&S last night forgot to go back and
>> watch the rest. Kitty with cancer. Scotty and Kevin *having* to have a
>> baby clearly neither of them wants. This Ryan character. Oh, it's all
>> such a mess. I don't know if I'll watch it next week or not.
>>
> What happened to Ryan--not that I miss him.
>
> I'm watching next week if just for that gorgeous Gilles Marini who
> plays Sarah's new love interest.

Whoa! Gilles is going to be on "Brothers & Sisters"? I'll have to
record it next week, if that's the case, to see if he can act. :)
Lucky Sarah!
bj

Niki

Oct 13, 2009, 6:39:32 PM10/13/09
Ian J. Ball wrote:

> Ian (As to the point, I think he's only half-right: I don't think the

> 'soap' genre will ever die. But the *daytime* soap genre looks to be all
> gone by 2020, maybe 2015...)

You think it's going to last that long?

--
Niki

Cheri

Oct 13, 2009, 6:50:59 PM10/13/09
"Niki" <niki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Will I, or will they outlast me? LOL

Cheri

Anim8rFSK

Oct 15, 2009, 9:46:03 PM10/15/09
In article
<0d9b187a-e2f6-48a8...@t11g2000prh.googlegroups.com>,

"Ian J. Ball" <ib...@san.rr.com> wrote:

> I don't agree because AMC is *crap* (and has been for years), and GH
> is little better, being stuck in its endless "The Sonny Corinthos
> Show!!" loop for over a decade now...

Is that "Sonny With A Chance"?

--
Stargate Universe SGU: It puts the "U" in "SUCKS"!
It's the show 'Defiling Gravity' would be if DG had more regulars,
fewer abortions, worse writers, and no budget for lighting.
Remember, you can't spell "disgust" without SGU!

Micky DuPree

Oct 20, 2009, 1:44:58 AM10/20/09
Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> writes:

: Eric Braeden was often the nemesis in "Rat Patrol", looking much
: younger get also not that different.

He was the best thing about _The Rat Patrol_. It's out on DVD now, but
unfortunately, he's only in roughly half of the episodes.

-Micky