B&B Flashback: Macy & Thorne singing in a concert in Europe

Zob

May 25, 2022, 6:53:11 PM5/25/22
Does anybody else remember this? Bobby Eakes (Macy) and Jeff Trachta
(Thorne) were a supercouple at the time, and they were both wonderful
singers. On the show, life imitated art. Thorne and Macy (and other
B&B cast characters) performed a sold-out live concert in Europe where
B&B was wildly popular, and it was filmed live for the soap.

I used to have a cassette tape of the whole B&B cast music, but it's
been long since lost. But Thorne & Macy's cover of the BeeGee's
classic "Run To Me" stuck with me; I was obsessed with it at the time
and played it over and over. I wonder what year this was. 20+ years
ago?
It's too bad that in this only available old video of the song, the
sound is out of sync with the video. But it's it's still a great
memory.

https://youtu.be/JasQ7auUX0Y

I do miss the "real" music that the CBS soaps used to feature. Gina
Roma, Lauren Fenmore, Traci Abbott, Danny Romalotti, Amber Moore et
al. Who could forget Patty Weaver's (Gina Roma) absolutely version of
"Looking Through The Eyes of Love" that she sang at Victor and Nikki's
first wedding? They also occasionally had guest celebrity singers on
the shows like Il Divo, Ne-o, Diana DeGarmo (Season 2 American Idol
runner up who played a mob boss's daughter Angelina). And who could
forget Patty Weaver's (Gina Roma) absolutely beautiful version of
"Looking Through The Eyes of Love" that she sang at Victor and Nikki's
first wedding?

https://youtu.be/MWtEeTxw0uk

I guess now they're just too cheap and don't want to pay royalties if
somebody sings a real song on the soaps. It's too bad. Now they use
crappy non-songs that they come up with.