OLTL: Actress Sentenced

Steve Lorenzo

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Saw this on alt.showbiz.gossip and thought long-term OLTLers might be
interested...

> From: ask...@liberty.uc.wlu.edu (Anne E. Skove)
> Newsgroups: alt.showbiz.gossip
> Subject: OLTL Actress Sentenced
> Date: 20 Apr 97 15:42:23 GMT

> Catherine Ann Christianson, the woman who played "Jane" on OLTL, was
> sentenced to 1 year in prison (5 yrs & 4 suspended) for attempted murder
> for hire. She tried to get someone to kill her husband. One article
> says: "Christianson told [the hired hand] she would have killed her
> husband herself, but she couldn't because she got an acting job."
>
> I don't watch OLTL, just saw this in the Daily Press (Newport News, VA).
>

> aes

/
Stephen J. Lorenzo \ "Most convicted felons are just
slor...@ix.netcom.com / people who were not taken to museums
\ or Broadway musicals as children."
Remove "antispam." in /
return address to reply \ - Libby Gelman-Waxner, "If You Ask Me"
____________________________/_______________________________________

Kate the Short

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Steve Lorenzo <slor...@antispam.ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Saw this on alt.showbiz.gossip and thought long-term OLTLers might be
>interested...
>
>> From: ask...@liberty.uc.wlu.edu (Anne E. Skove)
>> Newsgroups: alt.showbiz.gossip
>> Subject: OLTL Actress Sentenced
>> Date: 20 Apr 97 15:42:23 GMT
>
>> Catherine Ann Christianson, the woman who played "Jane" on OLTL, was
>> sentenced to 1 year in prison (5 yrs & 4 suspended) for attempted murder
>> for hire. She tried to get someone to kill her husband. One article
>> says: "Christianson told [the hired hand] she would have killed her
>> husband herself, but she couldn't because she got an acting job."
>>
>> I don't watch OLTL, just saw this in the Daily Press (Newport News, VA).

Well, I've never heard of her, though I've only been around for the 90's
and the latter 80's. Who was this "Jane" character and what relationship
did she hae with the rest of the soap? And when was she on?

kate.

| Kate the Short - (ka...@cicero.spc.uchicago.edu) - at the U of Chicago |
| Patron Saint of rec.arts.comics.marvel.xbooks, and Really Short Person |
| Keeper of the RAC.MX Read Before Posting and Where Can I Find It? FAQs |
| Exclamation Points are the Spice of Life, and the Sorrow of the Reader |

Dee

Apr 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/20/97

Kate the Short wrote:

> Steve Lorenzo <slor...@antispam.ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> >Saw this on alt.showbiz.gossip and thought long-term OLTLers might be
> >interested...
> >
> >> From: ask...@liberty.uc.wlu.edu (Anne E. Skove)
> >> Newsgroups: alt.showbiz.gossip
> >> Subject: OLTL Actress Sentenced
> >> Date: 20 Apr 97 15:42:23 GMT
> >
> >> Catherine Ann Christianson, the woman who played "Jane" on OLTL, was
> >> sentenced to 1 year in prison (5 yrs & 4 suspended) for attempted murder
> >> for hire. She tried to get someone to kill her husband. One article
> >> says: "Christianson told [the hired hand] she would have killed her
> >> husband herself, but she couldn't because she got an acting job."
> >>
> >> I don't watch OLTL, just saw this in the Daily Press (Newport News, VA).
>
> Well, I've never heard of her, though I've only been around for the 90's
> and the latter 80's. Who was this "Jane" character and what relationship
> did she hae with the rest of the soap? And when was she on?

Wasn't she the woman who was battered by her husband? She stayed at the
Lord mansion for awhile. It was about 6 years ago or so.

+-----------+
| ,,,,, | Dee in Va.
| (o o) | d...@cais.com
+oOO-(_)-OOo+

Carolyn Adams

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

kewe...@midway.uchicago.edu (Kate the Short) wrote:

>Well, I've never heard of her, though I've only been around for the 90's
>and the latter 80's. Who was this "Jane" character and what relationship
>did she hae with the rest of the soap? And when was she on?

My guess, and only a guess, mind you, is that it was the Jane from
circa 1991 who was an abused wife. She looked like an abused wife.
I didn't know it was type casting at the time, but I'll jump to
that conclusion.

This was the first of the Gottlieb storylines, perhaps even before
Malone was hired. It still had the feel of OLTL, as long termers will
get my drift. Jane and her abusive husband were brought onto the canvas
very quickly, and Megan and Viki were involved in the storyline. They
protected Jane from her husband. (The actor who played the husband was
a fairly well known character actor from Hwood.)

Gottlieb crowed that this storyline (a short arc) was a vast improvement
over everything anyone had ever attempted on OLTL, and with it she
would revolutionize the industry. It wasn't a bad storyline, but the
overly quick introduction of this couple, this story, and the
lack of any continuing use of either character made me question every
word Gottlieb ever uttered thereafter. Let Gottlieb stay in Hollywierd
hyping whatever project she may next finagle. We're about to see
two weeks of the best of OLTL, which will prove OLTL was just fine
before Gottlieb, thank you. I certainly hope Labine and family will
resurrect what was once a good show.

I may be wrong in my identification of the Jane actress. Whoever
she may be, may the lord be with her. It's a tragic situation.

And may the Lord(s) be back in Llanview, too.

---Carolyn

William Brainard

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

I don't recall a "Jane" character on OLTL and have watched since 1969.
Anyone else? Maybe I missed something!

--

William Brainard
p020...@pb.seflin.org

SandyWeeks

Apr 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/21/97

In article <5jgaps$2...@nntp.seflin.org>, p020...@pb.seflin.org says...

>I don't recall a "Jane" character on OLTL and have watched since 1969.
>Anyone else? Maybe I missed something!

I believe Carolyn was right when she referred to "Jane Ebert" the
abused housewife who starred for about three months in late 1991.

Frances Yasprica

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

I think Catherine Ann Christenson was also on AMC, as Dr. Amy Stone,
one of Cliff Warner's between-marriages-to-Nina girlfriends.
When he dumped her she ran out into traffic and was run over.
They named a clinic after her.

Frances Yasprica

Jennifer Ofthejungle

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Does anyone know why she tried to have her husband killed; she seemed
pretty bold for saying she would have killed him had she the time. I
don't remember the actress, but her RL story must be pretty
unforgettable!

Jennifer, "See Jane go to Jail. Bad, Jane"
FAC Pigeon Hollow Scholarship Recipient
ILJC, LCAS, BABE on the BUSS

"Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas."
-Women's Restroom, The Ice House

Greg Sarcasm Is A Way Of Life Spira

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

In <5jursj$13...@newssvr02-int.news.prodigy.com> LTS...@prodigy.com (Jennifer Ofthejungle) writes:

>Does anyone know why she tried to have her husband killed; she seemed
>pretty bold for saying she would have killed him had she the time. I
>don't remember the actress, but her RL story must be pretty
>unforgettable!

I remember the actress, cause she was at the center of one of the worst plots
I've ever seen on soap opera.

Greg

shane...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2018, 10:34:19 PM7/20/18
Frances is absolutely right. Amy was introduced as the psychiatrist for Nina (replacement #2, Barbara Kearns) in the early part of 1986. Amy did become Cliff's girlfriend; however, when Taylor Miller, who originated the role of Nina, returned, Cliff did dump Amy. Amy ran into the street and was killed by a car. Cliff had a very short mourning period (as my friend at the time said, "out of sight, out of mind!") the true "Nina and Cliff" returned to each other much to the jubilation of the Nina/Cliff love story which began in June of 1979. They re-married in the December of 1986 and the "conspicuous consumption" era of the 1980s was in full bloom with all the female characters in designer dresses and long mink/sable furs. Nina's wedding dress was an Oscar de la Costa design. The marriage was in NYC at "The Tavern On the Green" I think.

shane...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2018, 10:42:46 PM7/20/18