ABC Daytime: The Gay Stars of ABC revealed...

ADNeFan

Jun 12, 2002, 4:44:50 AM6/12/02
I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of Actors and
Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are Gay/Lesbians.

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
RE: The Daytime Emmy Awards
by: DL Soap Gossip Maven (authenticated) 05/24/2002 @ 06:44PM
Um, all of them?
J/K.

Well, we haven't had this discussion for months.

I'll start with ABC, since I'm best at it.

GH--

Jacob Young (Lucky)

Coltin Scott (Nikolas)

Tony Geary (Luke)

Kin Shriner (Scott)

Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)

Billy Warlock (AJ)

Chad Brannon (Zander)

and very possibly Leslie Charleson (Monica)

OLTL--

David Fumero (Cristian)

Ty Treadway (Troy)

John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex)

AMC--

Jill Larson (Opal)

Jonathan Bennett (JR)
------"

This is from the datalounge.com Gossip Forum in the Daytime Emmy's Post. It
seems some in there know something (as in are truly close to the Network and/or
shows) while others are just full of bull.

Carol

Jun 12, 2002, 5:16:54 AM6/12/02
>adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) virtually pens:

>Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)

Isn't Nancy married? I know she has a daughter? I wonder if she's just on this
list because of some ugly notion of a woman as strong, intelligent, and not
cookie cutter beautiful as her having to be a lesbian. Someone actually once
told me that all women who wear glasses are lesbians.

ADNeFan

Jun 12, 2002, 5:23:35 AM6/12/02
>>Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
>
>Isn't Nancy married?

No she's not, but she does have a daughter...she wasn't dating anyone (as we
know) at the time.

Seger256

Jun 12, 2002, 8:18:16 AM6/12/02
>The Gay Stars of ABC revealed...

I thought you "revealed" Nazis and terrorist.

>GH--

>Jacob Young (Lucky)
>
>Coltin Scott (Nikolas)

We have been hearing this.........even that they are a couple........right?

>Tony Geary (Luke)
>Kin Shriner (Scott)

Never heard rumors regarding either of these guys before.

>Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
Lesbian/smesbian............who cares.......the best actress in
daytime...........IMHO........

>Billy Warlock (AJ)
>Chad Brannon (Zander)
>and very possibly Leslie Charleson (Monica)

Getting a little carried away here.........huh?

And we care about their sexual preferences, why?

Anthony D. Langford

Jun 12, 2002, 8:39:54 AM6/12/02
>And we care about their sexual preferences, why?

First off all, all of those actors and actresses have had rumors about them
beinjg gay for years and years. And second, why do we care? I'm much more
concerned with whether these folks are getting good storylines and giving good
performances. I don't wany anyone peeking into my private life... I'll bet
these folks don't either.

Anthony D. Langford
Creator and Writer of Covington Bay--An Online Soap Opera
Check it out at: http://members.aol.com/ALang38805/index.html

Mary Pelis

Jun 12, 2002, 9:28:01 AM6/12/02

Carol wrote:

Oooh! If *that's* the case, count me outed!

Mary "but usually I just wear my contacts to keep folks guessing!" Pelis

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 9:33:02 AM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:28:01
-0400, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <3D074C61...@physics.umass.edu>
Mary Pelis <m...@physics.umass.edu> gossiped:

>Carol wrote:
>> Isn't Nancy married? I know she has a daughter? I wonder if she's just on this

>> list because of some ugly notion of a woman as strong, intelligent, ...

>Oooh! If *that's* the case, count me outed!
>
>Mary "but usually I just wear my contacts to keep folks guessing!" Pelis

The goddess Nancy Lee Grahn is on the list because it's been a stock
rumor in some quarters for years & years & years, long before she had
her daughter Kate on her own. But, no, she's never been married, at
least she's not ever been married to a man as far as anyone knows. Who
knows who she's had what kind of relationships with since the only
ones she's ever revealed to the public have been to her father,
mother, sister & now daughter. Isn't it funny how everyone has always
heard about the guys but no one ever has about the gals?!!

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"I have enjoyed the happiness of the world; I have lived and loved." -
Johann Schiller

Skip and Martha Anderson

Jun 12, 2002, 10:39:39 AM6/12/02

I've worn glasses since I was 17 months old. Guess I'm a lesbian and
didn't know it.

Martha Anderson

JodiCreations

Jun 12, 2002, 10:37:48 AM6/12/02
Ty Treadway has a very pretty girlfriend. I meet him and David Fumero in August, I doubt very much that David is gay. He was flirting with all the women.

--
Take Care
Jodi

     /(
    //\\
   //   )_.-"""-._,-""-.
   \\ ^,'_\     /_\     )
    `./ /O\|   |/O\\   /
      \ \_/|   |\_/ \_/
       \ .'  _  `. /
        ( .:(_):. )
         `._.-._,'
            `-'

---

cka...@erinet.com

Jun 12, 2002, 10:45:04 AM6/12/02

>And we care about their sexual preferences, why?

That's just it.....we don't, or at least I don't. Why should we?
Cheryl

Aisling Willow Grey

Jun 12, 2002, 11:10:02 AM6/12/02
>>ADNeFan wrote:

> I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of Actors and
> Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are Gay/Lesbians.<<

Your point being? Please, come right out and tell us exactly why this
is a matter of concern to you.

Aisling
Rethinking my FAC
Jewelled Frango 2001

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 11:23:39 AM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:10:02
GMT, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <3D07650...@fjordstone.com> Aisling
Willow Grey <ais...@fjordstone.com> gossiped:

> >>ADNeFan wrote:
>> I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of Actors and
>> Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are Gay/Lesbians.<<
>
>Your point being? Please, come right out and tell us exactly why this
>is a matter of concern to you.

Okay, let me ask you this, do you [whomever you may be] find that you
are interested in any personal info about any actor on any soap?

When this comes up, in certain places, it is clearly something that
some people enjoy, some people find uncomfortable & some people
question why it is relevant or of interest. Funny isn't it that no one
asks that question about personal info about straights, huh? We know
that TPTB are way into closets but, is this questioning another form
of that oppression ... just coming from fans?

[Meant to be literally thought provoking in case there is any question
as to intent.]

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too
long." - Ogden Nash

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 11:25:55 AM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on 12 Jun 2002 12:18:16 GMT,
in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc
<20020612081816...@mb-ct.news.cs.com> sege...@cs.com
(Seger256) gossiped:

>>Tony Geary (Luke)
>>Kin Shriner (Scott)
>Never heard rumors regarding either of these guys before.

So, to miss that it is widely known that Tony Geary is gay you've been
simply totally tuned out to this kind of gossip at all, right?!

>>Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
>Lesbian/smesbian............who cares.......the best actress in
>daytime...........IMHO........
>
>>Billy Warlock (AJ)
>>Chad Brannon (Zander)
>>and very possibly Leslie Charleson (Monica)
>Getting a little carried away here.........huh?
>
>And we care about their sexual preferences, why?

We might think it's neat!

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a
base ten counting system and likes round numbers." - Scott Adams

Natasha

Jun 12, 2002, 12:01:26 PM6/12/02

JodiCreations wrote:
Ty Treadway has a very pretty girlfriend. I meet him and David Fumero in
August, I doubt very much that David is gay. He was flirting with all the
women.

For a lot of the men named on this list, a hunch tells me this represents
the personal wishes of a number of gay male fans, not anything based on any
real data.

Natasha

Natasha

Jun 12, 2002, 12:17:52 PM6/12/02

"Donna L. Bridges" wrote:
> Okay, let me ask you this, do you [whomever you may be] find that you
> are interested in any personal info about any actor on any soap?
>
> When this comes up, in certain places, it is clearly something that
> some people enjoy, some people find uncomfortable & some people
> question why it is relevant or of interest. Funny isn't it that no one
> asks that question about personal info about straights, huh?

Fans often ask and are interested in hearing about who soap actors and
actresses are married to or dating, etc. I never see lists of names of
celebs suspected of being straight. The sexual orientation of straight
actors and actresses and their specific sexual practices and preferences are
not fodder for news or gossip among fans. So why should that question be
more relevant or interesting to anyone when it applies to a homosexual or
lesbian celeb?

If someone has a sighting to report of a soap star dancing at a club w/ a
same sex partner, or holding hands at a sidewalk cafe w/ a same sex partner,
or has knowledge of such a person dating or living w/ a same sex companion,
I would say that's news as worthy of reporting to fans as it would be if the
soap star was seen or known to be w/ a paramour of opposite sex. But just a
list of speculation on orientation? Who cares? I don't see why that's an
area of interest to anyone more than a list of what religions they are, or
how they voted in the last election would be. Particularly when it's just
guesswork.

Natasha

Donna

Jun 12, 2002, 11:59:03 AM6/12/02
On 12 Jun 2002, adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) scribbled for all to see in

> I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of
> Actors and Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are
> Gay/Lesbians.

Who cares?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donna

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 12:31:23 PM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:17:52
-0500, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <ae7rmn$6ic$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>
"Natasha" <star...@enteract.com> gossiped:

>Fans often ask and are interested in hearing about who soap actors and
>actresses are married to or dating, etc. I never see lists of names of

>celebs suspected of being straight. ...

Exactly! Because there's no need for it! And, exactly the same regular
life activities have no need to be ghettoized in other circumstances.

>... So why should that question be

>more relevant or interesting to anyone when it applies to a homosexual or
>lesbian celeb?

That's the converse of my question. My reply would be that there
should be no reason for it to be more interesting, just as my question
leads to the conclusion that there's no reason for it to be less
interesting.

>If someone has a sighting to report of a soap star dancing at a club w/ a
>same sex partner, or holding hands at a sidewalk cafe w/ a same sex partner,
>or has knowledge of such a person dating or living w/ a same sex companion,
>I would say that's news as worthy of reporting to fans as it would be if the
>soap star was seen or known to be w/ a paramour of opposite sex.

Which, said sightings, of course, do exist & are reported, just not
usually in places where it doesn't seem welcome.

>But just a
>list of speculation on orientation? Who cares? I don't see why that's an
>area of interest to anyone more than a list of what religions they are, or
>how they voted in the last election would be. Particularly when it's just
>guesswork.

Ah, but, that's your assumption that it is simply guesswork. I didn't
post the list. I wouldn't have posted the list here. But, the list
isn't based on guesswork. Nor is it a list of speculation. Perhaps it
was taken that way as posted here but its original intent was not at
all one of speculation.

As to who cares, some people do, just as some don't, again, the same
question, which begins to seem like a shushing sound.

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"How do you get off a non-stop flight?" - Source Unknown

kaci

Jun 12, 2002, 1:05:53 PM6/12/02

"Donna L. Bridges" <shall...@rcn.com> wrote in message

> Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on 12 Jun 2002 12:18:16 GMT,
> in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc
> <20020612081816...@mb-ct.news.cs.com> sege...@cs.com
> (Seger256) gossiped:
>
> >>Tony Geary (Luke)
> >>Kin Shriner (Scott)
> >Never heard rumors regarding either of these guys before.
>
> So, to miss that it is widely known that Tony Geary is gay you've been
> simply totally tuned out to this kind of gossip at all, right?!

Widely known? Speaking for myself, I wouldn't know where to get this kind of
gossip if I tried. I mean, I assume a good deal of it is available on the
internet, but since I don't have much curiosity about actors' lives outside
of the roles they play, I'm not inclined to search for it.

I don't read the credits at the end of shows, read soap mags only in the
checkout line, can't give the chronological order of head writers and EPs
over the past 20 years, and only know about the Geary rumor because I saw
something on this ng awhile back. Maybe I'm not a "true" soap fan, after
all! ;)
kaci

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 1:15:36 PM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:05:53
-0400, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <3d07...@news.mhogaming.com> "kaci"
<kac...@msn.com> gossiped:

Gee, did someone tell you how to be a true soap fan? How horrible if
so! What I did was point out something that, yes, is widely known to
someone who felt they knew enough about it to post a public opinion. I
don't know about you, but that sounds like a whole different species
than what you describe!! I mean, for example, in the case you
describe, a perfectly valid case, if you don't follow things like that
& aren't interested, but, then, you post an opinion about it? Uh,
d'oh! No one is saying you have to be interested! LOL Apples, meet
oranges.

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"The people always have some champion whom they set over them and
nurse into greatness. This and no other is the root from which a
tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector." - The
Republic, Plato

Susan Barnett

Jun 12, 2002, 2:27:41 PM6/12/02
in article 06jegu0p252gq73vp...@4ax.com, Donna L. Bridges at
shall...@rcn.com wrote on 6/12/02 6:33 AM:

> Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 09:28:01
> -0400, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <3D074C61...@physics.umass.edu>
> Mary Pelis <m...@physics.umass.edu> gossiped:
>
>> Carol wrote:
>>> Isn't Nancy married? I know she has a daughter? I wonder if she's just on
>>> this
>>> list because of some ugly notion of a woman as strong, intelligent, ...
>>
>> Oooh! If *that's* the case, count me outed!
>>
>> Mary "but usually I just wear my contacts to keep folks guessing!" Pelis
>
> The goddess Nancy Lee Grahn is on the list because it's been a stock
> rumor in some quarters for years & years & years, long before she had
> her daughter Kate on her own. But, no, she's never been married, at
> least she's not ever been married to a man as far as anyone knows. Who
> knows who she's had what kind of relationships with since the only
> ones she's ever revealed to the public have been to her father,
> mother, sister & now daughter. Isn't it funny how everyone has always
> heard about the guys but no one ever has about the gals?!!

Actually, didn't she have a long-term relationship with Sam Behrens? I seem
to recall that she gave a pretty personal interview about the relationship
many years ago in SOD (which he didn't care for at all) and then was sorry
afterward. After they broke up, she vowed never to give details about her
relationships to the press again.

As for her never being married -- well, I'm 48 years old and I've never been
married and haven't had a serious relationship for 5 years now. Gosh! I
guess I'm gay!

Susan

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 2:29:27 PM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:27:41
GMT, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <B92D0A4D.4DE5%slbw...@earthlink.net>
Susan Barnett <slbw...@earthlink.net> gossiped:

>Actually, didn't she have a long-term relationship with Sam Behrens? I seem
>to recall that she gave a pretty personal interview about the relationship
>many years ago in SOD (which he didn't care for at all) and then was sorry
>afterward. After they broke up, she vowed never to give details about her
>relationships to the press again.

Dunno, I do know that she is known to have had many unhappy love
affairs. Just as I know that people have described love affairs in the
soap press & just changed the genders like everyone else in the
closet.

>As for her never being married -- well, I'm 48 years old and I've never been
>married and haven't had a serious relationship for 5 years now. Gosh! I
>guess I'm gay!

So, did you apply for your toaster yet? <BG>

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"One of the secrets of life is to keep our intellectual curiosity
acute." - William Lyon Phelps (1865-1943) US educator, journalist.

ADNeFan

Jun 12, 2002, 3:13:42 PM6/12/02
Original Poster here...

Why did i post this? you may be asking...

Just like if you get info from Gedsterns or The Soap Rags, you'd post it here.
Just like you'd post about who the stars are dating or who you caught them with
while out and about, you'd post it here. This may be a much different topic
then the others, but no less relavent then those listed above. I came across
info and wanted to share, just like any of you would with anything you came
across. I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, I am sorry if any of the actors
read the list and were hurt or might threaten to sue. Please don't, I didn't
mean to hurt anyone as my intent.

aintli...@yup.com

Jun 12, 2002, 3:05:07 PM6/12/02
On 12 Jun 2002 08:44:50 GMT, adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) wrote:

>I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of Actors and
>Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are Gay/Lesbians.

Is this because they're not married? Marriage isn't a real good
indicator of anything.

ttfn,
jan

Diane H.

Jun 12, 2002, 5:47:13 PM6/12/02
adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) wrote in message news:<20020612044450...@mb-cj.aol.com>...

> OLTL--

no Peter Bartlett? (Nigel)

> AMC--

no James Mitchell? (Palmer)

*shrug* That list is pretty suspect, IMO, although I have heard rumors
about some of them. (Of course if you hang out on alt.showbiz.gossip
you eventually hear rumors about *everyone*. Not that I'd know. <g>)

Diane H.

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 12, 2002, 6:08:29 PM6/12/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on 12 Jun 2002 14:47:13 -0700,
in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc
<7620cea3.02061...@posting.google.com>
kassa...@hotmail.com (Diane H.) gossiped:

Although there l______ has a different meaning than here. <G>

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"Real stories, in distinction from those we invent, have no author.
Although history owes its existence to men, it is not made' by them."
- Hannah Arendt, American historian and philosopher (1906-1975)

Ruby Sandybanks

Jun 13, 2002, 1:35:17 AM6/13/02
Either that or they're both putting on a performance. Public behavior
is not always an indication of private preference. And neither is
marriage or parenthood.

tad

Jun 13, 2002, 3:29:29 AM6/13/02

"Natasha" <star...@enteract.com> wrote in message

[snipped Donna's quotes for space]

> Fans often ask and are interested in hearing about who soap actors and
> actresses are married to or dating, etc. I never see lists of names of
> celebs suspected of being straight. The sexual orientation of straight
> actors and actresses and their specific sexual practices and preferences
are
> not fodder for news or gossip among fans. So why should that question be
> more relevant or interesting to anyone when it applies to a homosexual or
> lesbian celeb?

I thought I'd give Donna a little help, even if she didn't ask for it. :)
However, I should warn that I'm quite drowsy from sleep meds and may
accidentally screw something up. If so, I apologize profusely in advance.
Now, to Natasha's question.

The reason no one posts a list of straight actors is because heterosexuality
is always assumed in the vast majority of circumstances. That's not just
with actors, but with doctors, business people, police persons, teachers,
etc. For better or worse, being straight is the "default" characteristic.
I cannot even begin to list the consequences of society's assumption because
they are legion.

I don't remember who said it, but someone wrote that the list may be based
on the wishes of gay viewers. Maybe. Maybe not. Frankly, I've had my
suspicions about a *couple* of male actors on the ABC soaps and I'm a
lesbian. If they are in fact gay, it wouldn't benefit me even in my wildest
dreams. What would be good, though, is if a gay/lesbian actor/actress is
truly non-het and either comes out or at least stops hiding in the closet.
We (that's LGBT folk) want to see ourselves on television in a positive
light. It makes us feel good knowing that, contrary to the opinions of many
people in the U.S., LGBT people can live happy, healthy, productive lives
*without* having HIV/AIDS. Of course, this assumes actors/actresses are
happy, healthy and productive by nature and that's not necessarily true.

There is a lot more to say on this topic, but I'm tired and my brain is only
working in spurts. I hope this helps explain why anyone should care. Het
folk may NOT care, but non-het folk may very well care quite a bit.

Olivia

Her Highness The Pink Princess

Jun 13, 2002, 4:26:07 AM6/13/02

One of the funniest things I've ever heard about TG was that he was a "Rice
Queen". I was thinking, "Uncle Ben in a dress"? It turns out to be a
vulgarity indicating a preference for young Asian men.

Reigning and Deigning
Pink Wishes
The Princess \^*^*^/
*The romance, history and beauty of Havencrest Castle is here, in a newly
edited, 2 hour, VHS "Centennial Edition", celebrating 100 years of luxury!
"It's like walking through a valentine!"
http://www.facemakersincorporated.com/havenmain.html

Lynn Murray

Jun 13, 2002, 9:13:04 AM6/13/02
"Diane H." wrote:

> adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) wrote in message news:<20020612044450...@mb-cj.aol.com>...
> >
> > OLTL--
> >

> no Peter Bartlett? (Nigel)
>
> > AMC--
> >

> no James Mitchell? (Palmer)

And what about GH's Elton?

Lady Lynn "Elton John" Murray (I've been in denial since the late '70s)

Wormwood

Jun 13, 2002, 10:12:30 AM6/13/02
On 12 Jun 2002 08:44:50 GMT, adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) wrote:

>Jonathan Bennett (JR)

Jonathan Bennett is dating Elizabeth Hendrickson (Maggie Stone). So
at least with this one there seems to be more evidence that he's into
women than that he's gay.

-worm

Remove IAM to reply

Skip and Martha Anderson

Jun 13, 2002, 11:48:56 AM6/13/02
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:12:30 -0400, Wormwood <tanta...@xoasis.com>
wrote:

In SOD, it was mentioned that Coltin Scott has a picture of his
girlfriend, Susan, in his dressing room. Jacob Young introduced his
girlfriend on Regis and Kelly. She's a beautiful girl that he met at
a party at the Playboy mansion. People can believe what they want to
believe, it's not like any of us are ever going to really know or, for
that matter, should really care.

Martha Anderson

Carol

Jun 13, 2002, 1:49:46 PM6/13/02
>skip...@pacbell.net (Skip and Martha Anderson) virtually pens:

>In SOD, it was mentioned that Coltin Scott has a picture of his
>girlfriend, Susan, in his dressing room. Jacob Young introduced his
>girlfriend on Regis and Kelly. She's a beautiful girl that he met at
>a party at the Playboy mansion. People can believe what they want to
>believe, it's not like any of us are ever going to really know or, for
>that matter, should really care.

It's more than just people being delusional or desperate to fulfill a fantasy.
Rumors have followed Jacob Young around for years, to the point of a big rumor
about his departure from Bold & the Beautiful being partially caused by his
offscreen activities.

There's no proof of this, but when you hear so many different rumors, you do
wonder.

Susan Barnett

Jun 13, 2002, 2:37:47 PM6/13/02
in article 6l4fgusekj98h0up5...@4ax.com, Donna L. Bridges at
shall...@rcn.com wrote on 6/12/02 11:29 AM:

> Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:27:41
> GMT, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <B92D0A4D.4DE5%slbw...@earthlink.net>
> Susan Barnett <slbw...@earthlink.net> gossiped:
>

>> As for her never being married -- well, I'm 48 years old and I've never been
>> married and haven't had a serious relationship for 5 years now. Gosh! I
>> guess I'm gay!
>
> So, did you apply for your toaster yet? <BG>

Oh, do you get a toaster when you realize you're gay? That's cool! However,
I already do have a nice toaster. Is there any way I could get a DVD player
instead?

Susan

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 13, 2002, 2:37:59 PM6/13/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:37:47
GMT, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <B92E5E36.4E8A%slbw...@earthlink.net>
Susan Barnett <slbw...@earthlink.net> gossiped:

>Oh, do you get a toaster when you realize you're gay? That's cool! However,
>I already do have a nice toaster. Is there any way I could get a DVD player
>instead?

It's a joke from the 'coming out' episode of ELLEN.

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"The charm, one might say the genius, of memory is that it is choosy,
chancy, and temperamental; it rejects the edifying cathedral and
indelibly photographs the small boy outside, chewing a hunk of melon
in the dust." - Elizabeth Bowen

Ashley Lambert-Maberly

Jun 13, 2002, 5:52:09 PM6/13/02
>>Susan:

>>Oh, do you get a toaster when you realize you're gay? That's cool! However,
>>I already do have a nice toaster. Is there any way I could get a DVD player
>>instead?

>Donna:

>It's a joke from the 'coming out' episode of ELLEN.

And it's not for being gay, it's for "converting" someone. The
religious right must think we're swimming in toasters!

Ashley "If They Handed Out DVD Players, I Might Actually Try!"
Lambert-Maberly
*******************************
http://www.onceupon.org

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 13, 2002, 5:55:39 PM6/13/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on Thu, 13 Jun 2002 21:52:09
GMT, in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc
<3d09139a....@news.interchange.ubc.ca> ash...@oldadm.ubc.ca
(Ashley Lambert-Maberly) gossiped:

>>Donna:
>>It's a joke from the 'coming out' episode of ELLEN.
>
>And it's not for being gay, it's for "converting" someone. The
>religious right must think we're swimming in toasters!
>
>Ashley "If They Handed Out DVD Players, I Might Actually Try!"

Yes, I was taking liberties, poetic humor, I had hoped. Also hoping
they change it to gift certificates since I have a DVD player. Or
maybe I could just get the VICTOR/VICTORIA DVD!

[Just sign right here & we'll move on to the secret handshake part of
our initiation.]

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until
they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that this new world is
born." - Anais Nin

Jim Fung

Jun 13, 2002, 9:04:20 PM6/13/02
"tad" <t...@nodirecttvlsd.com> wrote in message news:<3d084dbf$1...@nopics.sjc>...

>What would be good, though, is if a gay/lesbian actor/actress is
> truly non-het and either comes out or at least stops hiding in the closet.
> We (that's LGBT folk) want to see ourselves on television in a positive
> light. It makes us feel good knowing that, contrary to the opinions of many
> people in the U.S., LGBT people can live happy, healthy, productive lives
> *without* having HIV/AIDS. Of course, this assumes actors/actresses are
> happy, healthy and productive by nature and that's not necessarily true.
>
> There is a lot more to say on this topic, but I'm tired and my brain is only
> working in spurts. I hope this helps explain why anyone should care. Het
> folk may NOT care, but non-het folk may very well care quite a bit.
>
> Olivia

Here here! Or is it "hear hear"? Anyway, I agree!

Jim

Rthrquiet

Jun 14, 2002, 9:23:02 PM6/14/02
skip...@pacbell.net (Skip and Martha Anderson) posted:

>In SOD, it was mentioned that Coltin Scott has a picture of his
>girlfriend, Susan, in his dressing room. Jacob Young introduced his
>girlfriend on Regis and Kelly. She's a beautiful girl that he met at
>a party at the Playboy mansion. People can believe what they want to
>believe, it's not like any of us are ever going to really know or, for
>that matter, should really care.

I agree we'll probably (most of us) never know first-hand. As to whether we
should care, I find it just as appropriate to care about as, and approximately
as amusing/diverting as, other non-performance-related news or gossip about
soap stars that routinely appears. My biggest concern is, of course, "Is he/she
acting the part he/she has been hired to play?" Beyond that, I think you can
legitimately argue either the "gossip OK" or "gossip not OK" point, but I'm
gathering that what some posters in this thread want to argue (and I recognize
that this was not your point, specifically, Martha, at least insofar as I read
your post) is that heterosexual gossip is OK but homosexual gossip isn't. I
can't find much justification for that.

With respect specifically, however, to things like pictures of "girlfriends"
prominently posted in dressing rooms and "engagements" and the like: Yes,
having a picture of one's girlfriend displayed prominently in one's dressing
room is *exactly* the behavior I'd expect from a guy truly in love with a girl,
wanting something around to keep her constantly in his mind, wanting everybody
to know about it, etc. (For that matter, it's also *exactly* the behavior I'd
expect of an equally heterosexual but perhaps less gentlemanly sort of guy, who
might be keeping the picture around for other reasons, but we won't go there.)
Unfortunately, it's also *exactly* the behavior I'd expect from somebody who
is, in fact, gay, who's being dogged by gay rumors, who thinks it's hurting his
career, and who is working hard (or has an agent working hard) to squelch the
rumors. I know you weren't presenting the above as "proof" of heterosexuality
per se, Martha, but I have to point out that not only isn't it proof, it isn't
even really evidence of very much other than that someone's trying very hard to
convince us of Jacob's and Coltin's heterosexuality--perhaps to dispel rumors
that are true, or perhaps to dispel rumors that are untrue. (Or here's a
thought, just to muddle the mix: suppose they're bisexual?) I feel bad, I
guess, if these two fellows are being incorrectly tagged as gay, but I suppose
I feel even worse that we're in the 21st century and it's still an issue that
requires someone to go around and squash sexuality rumors. It's all so silly
and such a waste of somebody's energy, either way, whether these two are gay or
straight. (For heaven's sake, wouldn't the effort be better spent trying to
persuade us they can act?)

Incidentally, none of the names mentioned was anyone about whom it had not at
least crossed my mind at some point. I'm not much on betting, but if I was
forced at gunpoint to place a bet on each of the individuals named, with my own
life or the life of someone dear to me at stake, going on nothing but my
instincts and the rumors and what-not, I'd vote "gay" on all names except for
one (assuming "gay"/"straight" are the only two choices--if "bisexual" is an
option, I think I would be a dead duck).

Michael

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 14, 2002, 11:43:56 PM6/14/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on 15 Jun 2002 01:23:02 GMT,
in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <20020614212302...@mb-cn.aol.com>
rthr...@aol.com (Rthrquiet) gossiped:

>Incidentally, none of the names mentioned was anyone about whom it had not at
>least crossed my mind at some point. I'm not much on betting, but if I was
>forced at gunpoint to place a bet on each of the individuals named, with my own
>life or the life of someone dear to me at stake, going on nothing but my
>instincts and the rumors and what-not, I'd vote "gay" on all names except for
>one (assuming "gay"/"straight" are the only two choices--if "bisexual" is an
>option, I think I would be a dead duck).

Hello, Michael, you know I love you but you're going to leave us
wondering which one doesn't ping for you?!!!! Aiiiiii! LOL

But, I think bi-sexual has to be an option. As a matter of fact a
number of people do think one of these folks is bi but just fell in
love with one of these folks who is gay.

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"Acting is the expression of a neurotic impulse ... The principal
benefit acting has afforded me is the money to pay for my
psychoanalysis." - Marlon Brando

Rthrquiet

Jun 15, 2002, 9:41:57 AM6/15/02
Donna L. Bridges shall...@rcn.com posted:

>Hello, Michael, you know I love you but you're going to leave us
>wondering which one doesn't ping for you?!!!! Aiiiiii! LOL

<shocked>Donna! You wouldn't want me to engage in idle speculation and gossip,
would you! OK, you twisted my arm. I know discussions of such things shock many
of you, but I believe I heard (credibly) that Fumero is <gasp!> heterosexual. I
do hope that (a) I'm not labeling him in error and (b) that the revelation, if
true, does not harm his career.

>But, I think bi-sexual has to be an option.

<whining>Oh, all r-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ght. It just makes things so much more
complicated. <\whining> I guess pings will have to mean "gay or bisexual" then.
"Gay- or bi-dar" just doesn't have the same ring to it, however.

>As a matter of fact a
>number of people do think one of these folks is bi but just fell in
>love with one of these folks who is gay.

OK, your turn to fess up, Ms. B. It's obvious (at least to me) who the pair is,
but which one is bi and which one is gay?

By the way, am I the only one who has noticed the GLARING absence of commentary
from Mr. Arrington and Mr. Brite anywhere in this thread?

Michael

Kevin

Jun 15, 2002, 10:05:24 PM6/15/02

Where was "All My Children" hunkazoid Cameron Mathison? My gaydar has
gone off only a million times in his four years on the show (not quite
sure the point to his four years on the show, however).

Kevin

http://community-2.webtv.net/Vincenzo2002/EVERYTHINGIWLLBE

Wandalee3

Jun 16, 2002, 8:05:12 AM6/16/02
>Who cares?

Well, I for one, don't care who is sleeping with whom (?), but I do wind up
respecting an actor's ability to "act" when a gay actor is placed in hetero
scenes (who can forget Tony Geary's "romping" with Felicia? what a hoot! they
were all over the bed, the floor, and whatever surface was nearby) :-)... as
long as they deliver the goods in the role they are playing, who cares?

Diane H.

Jun 16, 2002, 7:02:01 PM6/16/02
rthr...@aol.com (Rthrquiet) wrote in message news:<20020615094157...@mb-fw.aol.com>...

> <shocked>Donna! You wouldn't want me to engage in idle speculation and gossip,
> would you! OK, you twisted my arm. I know discussions of such things shock many
> of you, but I believe I heard (credibly) that Fumero is <gasp!> heterosexual. I
> do hope that (a) I'm not labeling him in error and (b) that the revelation, if
> true, does not harm his career.

Hee! Fumero is the one I wrote off the list, too, only because he
dated Erin Torpey a couple of years ago and I just can't see her as a
beard. But ya never know, of course...

I don't watch GH, but even I'd heard rumors about Jacob Young and Tony
Geary.

And I loved your original post, BTW, and agree with every word.

> By the way, am I the only one who has noticed the GLARING absence of commentary
> from Mr. Arrington and Mr. Brite anywhere in this thread?

They must not be online -- there's no way they wouldn't be adding
their two cents to this. Where are you guys?

Diane H.

Donna L. Bridges

Jun 17, 2002, 1:17:56 AM6/17/02
Still disgusted with the daytime emmys, on 15 Jun 2002 13:41:57 GMT,
in rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc <20020615094157...@mb-fw.aol.com>
rthr...@aol.com (Rthrquiet) gossiped:

><whining>Oh, all r-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ght. It just makes things so much more
>complicated. <\whining> I guess pings will have to mean "gay or bisexual" then.
>"Gay- or bi-dar" just doesn't have the same ring to it, however.

How about gaydar for gays & lesbians, but, binar for bi-sexuals.
Although I would think that binary would get out of tune regularly!

>OK, your turn to fess up, Ms. B. It's obvious (at least to me) who the pair is,
>but which one is bi and which one is gay?

Jacob is Coltin's walk on the wild side.

>By the way, am I the only one who has noticed the GLARING absence of commentary
>from Mr. Arrington and Mr. Brite anywhere in this thread?

I think Turner has been under the weather, maybe Jase has been over
it. Turner, you feeling better, sugah?

--
DonnaB 8^> BA*RF GAG, RATSFuzz, CCWF, LGAW, GRITS,
SWATCHr, ARIAA, MPW Yahoo! Messenger: shallotpeel <*>

"Someone invented the telephone and interrupted the nation's slumbers
ringing wrong but similar numbers." - Ogden Nash (1902 - 1971), poet

Sylvia Nolan

Jun 17, 2002, 3:11:30 PM6/17/02
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:05:24 -0500 (CDT), Vincen...@webtv.net
(Kevin) wrote:

>Where was "All My Children" hunkazoid Cameron Mathison? My gaydar has
>gone off only a million times in his four years on the show (not quite
>sure the point to his four years on the show, however).
>
>Kevin

Hmmm. You may want to tell Cameron's fiance this news, since they are
planning to be married later this summer.

Sylvia RoseBob

turner arrington

Jun 17, 2002, 8:01:40 PM6/17/02
On Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:17:56 -0400, Donna L. Bridges
<shall...@rcn.com> would have gotten away with it, if not for
those meddling kids :

>>By the way, am I the only one who has noticed the GLARING absence of commentary
>>from Mr. Arrington and Mr. Brite anywhere in this thread?
>
>I think Turner has been under the weather, maybe Jase has been over
>it. Turner, you feeling better, sugah?

I don't know how you get the flu, or something flu-like, in June. And
it's really not fun being wrapped up in blankets when it's 82 degrees.

So far I've watched approximately 42 episodes of Law and Order. I
think Dick Wolfe will be creating the L&O Channel before too long.

turner,
mmmmm, soup.

Rthrquiet

Jun 17, 2002, 10:31:45 PM6/17/02
Sylvia Nolan <sly...@airmail.net> posted:>On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:05:24 -0500

Of course, she might already know . . . .

Michael

Speechstch

Jun 20, 2002, 3:58:36 AM6/20/02
In article <uutsguklj0bh9qgu5...@4ax.com>, turner arrington
<sta...@msn.com> writes:

>I don't know how you get the flu, or something flu-like, in June. And
>it's really not fun being wrapped up in blankets when it's 82 degrees.

Well, try it when it's 110...... mmmm popsicles.

LeeAZ

Jun 20, 2002, 4:31:18 AM6/20/02

You MUST be in Arizona, correct?

dockbuc...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2014, 9:07:13 AM4/26/14
Ya know that whole "he's/she's not gay cuz he's married and has child" answer isn't really an answer.

It is possible for a man or woman to have a child and realize they're gay while married to the other.

donttel...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2014, 1:16:43 AM9/29/14
On Wednesday, June 12, 2002 4:45:33 AM UTC-4, ADNeFan wrote:
> I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of Actors and
> Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are Gay/Lesbians.
>
> "-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
> RE: The Daytime Emmy Awards
> by: DL Soap Gossip Maven (authenticated) 05/24/2002 @ 06:44PM
> Um, all of them?
> J/K.
>
> Well, we haven't had this discussion for months.
>
> I'll start with ABC, since I'm best at it.
>
> GH--
>
> Jacob Young (Lucky)
>
> Coltin Scott (Nikolas)
>
> Tony Geary (Luke)
>
> Kin Shriner (Scott)
>
> Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
>
> Billy Warlock (AJ)
>
> Chad Brannon (Zander)
>
> and very possibly Leslie Charleson (Monica)
>
> OLTL--
>
> David Fumero (Cristian)
>
> Ty Treadway (Troy)
>
> John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex)
>
> AMC--
>
> Jill Larson (Opal)
>
> Jonathan Bennett (JR)
> ------"
>
> This is from the datalounge.com Gossip Forum in the Daytime Emmy's Post. It
> seems some in there know something (as in are truly close to the Network and/or
> shows) while others are just full of bull.

David Fumero is NOT gay! In fact, he's been married to the actress who portrayed Dorian Lord's (OLTL) daughter for a several years now.

jesuslo...@gmail.com

May 10, 2015, 1:50:06 PM5/10/15
On Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 3:15:08 PM UTC-4, ADNeFan wrote:
> Original Poster here...
>
> Why did i post this? you may be asking...
>
> Just like if you get info from Gedsterns or The Soap Rags, you'd post it here.
> Just like you'd post about who the stars are dating or who you caught them with
> while out and about, you'd post it here. This may be a much different topic
> then the others, but no less relavent then those listed above. I came across
> info and wanted to share, just like any of you would with anything you came
> across. I am sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings, I am sorry if any of the actors
> read the list and were hurt or might threaten to sue. Please don't, I didn't
> mean to hurt anyone as my intent.

I wanted to share that some of the stars on this list we don't know much about in terms of their private lives. Nancy Lee Grahn for example, has never come out as a lesbian.

jesuslo...@gmail.com

May 10, 2015, 1:51:55 PM5/10/15
On Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 5:17:18 AM UTC-4, Carol wrote:
> >adn...@aol.com (ADNeFan) virtually pens:
>

> >Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
>
> Isn't Nancy married? I know she has a daughter? I wonder if she's just on this
> list because of some ugly notion of a woman as strong, intelligent, and not
> cookie cutter beautiful as her having to be a lesbian. Someone actually once
> told me that all women who wear glasses are lesbians.

Nancy is not married to my knowledge.

pcooki...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2020, 3:21:29 PM7/17/20
On Wednesday, June 12, 2002 at 4:44:50 AM UTC-4, ADNeFan wrote:
> I don't neccesarily believe it or trust it but here is a list of Actors and
> Actresses on 3 of the ABC Soaps that reportably are Gay/Lesbians.
>
> "-------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -------
> RE: The Daytime Emmy Awards
> by: DL Soap Gossip Maven (authenticated) 05/24/2002 @ 06:44PM
> Um, all of them?
> J/K.
>
> We
>\
> I'll start with ABC, since I'm best at it.
>
> GH--
>
> Jacob Young (Lucky)
>
> Coltin Scott (Nikolas)
>
> Tony Geary (Luke)
>
> Kin Shriner (Scott)
>
> Nancy Lee Grahn (Alexis)
>
> Billy Warlock (AJ)
>
> Chad Brannon (Zander)
>
> and very possibly Leslie Charleson (Monica)
>
> OLTL--
>
> David Fumero (Cristian)
>
> Ty Treadway (Troy)
>
> John-Paul Lavoisier (Rex)
>
> AMC--
>
> Jill Larson (Opal)
>
> Jonathan Bennett (JR)
> ------"
>
> This is from the datalounge.com Gossip Forum in the Daytime Emmy's Post. It
> seems some in there know something (as in are truly close to the Network and/or
> shows) while others are just full of bull.

This is Bullshit Geary Charleson and Coltin YES