help with cast member - ryan's hope and loving

curious_...@my-deja.com

Sep 10, 2000, 11:35:29 PM9/10/00
My company has just hired a new executive named Jack Palmer, who
supposedly was on Loving for five years (character name unknown) and
apparently had a minor role on as Sam Banacek on Ryan's Hope sometime
in the 70's. But I can't find any evidence on the web of either role.
It looks like he hasn't acted since the mid-80's. Not that I doubt his
resume - but I'm curious! I originally started looking because I
wanted an old publicity photo or something. Thanks for helping me find
out who I'm working for!

Curious Employee

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Boffman

Sep 11, 2000, 12:11:55 AM9/11/00

What's your company? What has Mr. "P" been hired to do?

DonnaB

Sep 11, 2000, 12:56:19 PM9/11/00
On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:35:29 GMT while packing away their
summer white since its after Labor Day in
rec.arts.tv.soaps.abc curious_...@my-deja.com said:

> My company has just hired a new executive named Jack Palmer, who
> supposedly was on Loving for five years (character name unknown) and
> apparently had a minor role on as Sam Banacek on Ryan's Hope sometime
> in the 70's. But I can't find any evidence on the web of either role.
> It looks like he hasn't acted since the mid-80's. Not that I doubt his
> resume - but I'm curious! I originally started looking because I
> wanted an old publicity photo or something. Thanks for helping me find
> out who I'm working for!

No Jack Palmer listed as an actor on the IMDb or in the cast
of either RH or LOV.

Since he could easily have been a day player, an under 5,
uncredited in most references, etc. your best bet is
probably to call & ask for info from SAG, Equity, and/or
AFTRA.

Posting & EMailing Simultaneously In Case You Don't See The
Post With The Header Added

--
DonnaB <*> ICQ: 308592 Yahoo & AIM: shallotpeel 8^>
Today is Monday, Sept. 11th. The moon is waxing, moving

"It is such a secret place, the land of tears." - Antoine de
Saint-Exupery

Rthrquiet

Sep 11, 2000, 9:04:19 PM9/11/00
DonnaB <dl...@delphi.com> posted:

>Since he could easily have been a day player, an under 5,
>uncredited in most references, etc. your best bet is
>probably to call & ask for info from SAG, Equity, and/or
>AFTRA.

Not only that, but it occurred to me that he might have used a different name
when he was an actor. That's not uncommon--in fact, he'd have to alter his
name, at least slightly, if there was already one "Jack Palmer" registered with
SAG (at least I think it's SAG that does the name registering).

Michael

C Dohse

Aug 13, 2021, 7:41:59 AM8/13/21
On Sunday, September 10, 2000 at 11:35:29 PM UTC-4, curious_...@my-deja.com wrote:
> My company has just hired a new executive named Jack Palmer, who
> supposedly was on Loving for five years (character name unknown) and
> apparently had a minor role on as Sam Banacek on Ryan's Hope sometime
> in the 70's. But I can't find any evidence on the web of either role.
> It looks like he hasn't acted since the mid-80's. Not that I doubt his
> resume - but I'm curious! I originally started looking because I
> wanted an old publicity photo or something. Thanks for helping me find
> out who I'm working for!
Funny. I'm just now looking for the same person, someone I acted with in summer stock in OH in 1981--found both this:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0658271/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_2

And, sadly, this:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/naplesnews/name/george-palmer-obituary?pid=196723259

Same guy?