GH: SAVE Carly Roberts!

SIPort27

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
Some have commented that they believe that Sarah Brown should leave GH, rather
than play the crap given to her. Not that I am that strenuous in my beliefs,
but, I can certainly see the reasoning behind it.

I watched today, and completely grimaced through the entire series of Carly
scenes...from beginning to end.

@

@

@

@

@

@
And, I realized that it was because I no longer believe that I am watching
Carly Roberts. I'm watching something...someone impersonating the character
known as Carly Roberts.

I say from the outset that I was never a Carly Fan. I'm still not. I hated her
for over 2 years, but, at least then, I understood her.

And, that is why the Carly we see before us, rings so completely hollow for me.

It offends me that the woman in this story has been relegated to an
afterthought. For me, the whole purpose of Carly having a baby, and saddling
such a young and vibrant character with a child, was to expand the bond between
Bobbie and Carly through Michael. I believe that when compared to all the male
parent/child bonding that's been done on this show over the past year, the
Bobbie/Carly relationship has been given short shrift and paid not nearly
enough attention to it. It is beyond me that Bobbie Spencer woudln't be over at
the Q Mansion right now, nearly everyday, if not to check on Michael for Jason,
since she came down on his side, but, to get in Carly's face and check up on
how the Mother/Child bonding was going, since I know that Bobbie knew Carly had
deep reservations about it.

Carly Roberts would NOT be THIS Passive about being with her child. She
wouldn't be making faces at AJ. They are completely muting the character of
Carly in this scenes...and if I'm supposed to see this 'new side' of Carly with
AJ, it's ridiculous. Becuase, the entire characterization of Carly with Edward
and AJ is this recent incarnation that they've thought up, in order to try and
fit square peg Carly into the round hole of the Q's.

IF Carly Roberts was as much a Golddigger as everyone says she is, she would
have gone after AJ in 1997, when she had him all but eating out of the palm of
her hand. When she found out that AJ could have been the father of Opie, what
did she do? She didn't go, " Oh, Goodie, I hit the jackpot!" NOT ONCE...in all
that time. In all the time she lived in that apartment with Tony, did I hear
her complain about things. She bought her own clothes. Hell, Carly even held
down a job..So, I don't get the Carly that AJ & Edward are trying to tell me
exists.

And, don't get me started on the devolving of Carly Roberts as a character. I
think the writing for the Q's STINKS. I haven't seen any improvement since
Carly got there. It's the same old..same old, which is why I didn't want Carly
anywhere near that hellhole. I nearly choked on my drink the day I heard Emily
compare Carly Roberts to Katherine Bell.....give me a break. On her best day,
Kat could never hope to compare in depth or complexity in anyway, to Carly
Roberts. At least, not the original Carly Roberts that I've been watching since
she came onto the show, right up until her release from Ferncliff.

I believe Carly's identity is as a SPENCER...and that she would be best served
being a SPENCER..whether at the Penthouse, or even at Bobbie's Brownstone. I
don't think she works at the Q's...AT ALL. And, it is THIS identity- the one
as a Spencer, which, I believe , has been truly sacrificed and ignored.
Because, if they even remotely had Carly sit down with her mother, who used to
be a bigger schemer than Carly, and her Uncle Luke, one of the craftiest people
you've ever seen, between the three of them, they could create a plan that
would free Carly from both Jason and AJ. And, give Carly a route of her own to
follow for her independence. But, I guess that's the whole point you have to
dumb down Carly to even remotely make this lunacy at the Q's even feasible.

And, I'm not even a Carly Fan.

But, I loathe the idiocy that it took to move Carly into the Q Mansion. If it
takes that much science-fiction to arrange something, that tells me that it is
a bad idea from the get go. I know that the idea was Carly/AJ, but the moment
Sean Kanan messed up and they didn't bother with an extensive search for
someone with as much chemistry with Sarah Brown as Kanan, this story, for me,
was sunk.

They are wasting Sarah Brown. Period. They are ruining Carly and what made her
entertaining at least. Even when Carly made me mad, I had to watch her. To say
that I am hitting the ff button with Carly is criminal...when someone of the
caliber of talent of Sarah Brown can't keep you from the ff button. Something
is SERIOUSLY wrong.

Get Carly the hell out of the Q Mansion, before she's completely destroyed.

SIP

darsy

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
> It offends me that the woman in this story has been relegated to an
> afterthought. For me, the whole purpose of Carly having a baby, and saddling
> such a young and vibrant character with a child, was to expand the bond between
> Bobbie and Carly through Michael.

Keeping in mind how they keep Lucas as a five year old maybe tptb
don't want us to see too many *Grandma* scenes with Michael. <g>

Becuase, the entire characterization of Carly with Edward
> and AJ is this recent incarnation that they've thought up, in order to try and
> fit square peg Carly into the round hole of the Q's.
>
> IF Carly Roberts was as much a Golddigger as everyone says she is, she would
> have gone after AJ in 1997, when she had him all but eating out of the palm of
> her hand. When she found out that AJ could have been the father of Opie, what
> did she do? She didn't go, " Oh, Goodie, I hit the jackpot!" NOT ONCE...in all
> that time. In all the time she lived in that apartment with Tony, did I hear
> her complain about things. She bought her own clothes. Hell, Carly even held
> down a job..So, I don't get the Carly that AJ & Edward are trying to tell me
> exists.

I agree here, I think Carly likes nice things(fur coats, nice
furniture)because she never had them, however she would much rather be
at a place like Jakes than some fancy french restaraunt. I think tptb
are trying to let us know that Carly is *not* what people(Edward, AJ,
Alexis, Em, Monica, and even Bobbie!) think she is.

I nearly choked on my drink the day I heard Emily
> compare Carly Roberts to Katherine Bell.....give me a break. On her best day,
> Kat could never hope to compare in depth or complexity in anyway, to Carly
> Roberts.

Me too, while Carly be an outsider to the Q's, she is nothing like
that stinky Cat!

> I believe Carly's identity is as a SPENCER...and that she would be best served
> being a SPENCER.

ITA here! The only reason Carly has meant anything to me(her only
salvation IMO)is the fact that she is a Spencer. I just wish tptb
would go back to writing her as such. I believe it was their intention
when the character was first developed and they were showing us
Luke/Carly scenes.(IMO we need more of these scenes!)

darsy

Frenchy

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

darsy wrote:

> I agree here, I think Carly likes nice things(fur coats, nice
> furniture)because she never had them, however she would much rather be
> at a place like Jakes than some fancy french restaraunt. I think tptb
> are trying to let us know that Carly is *not* what people(Edward, AJ,
> Alexis, Em, Monica, and even Bobbie!) think she is.

I couldn't agree more with this statement....you would think she would like fancy
restaurants.....but she does seem to prefer Jake's...seems like she is a Spencer
through and through to me!!!

> ITA here! The only reason Carly has meant anything to me(her only
> salvation IMO)is the fact that she is a Spencer. I just wish tptb
> would go back to writing her as such. I believe it was their intention
> when the character was first developed and they were showing us
> Luke/Carly scenes.(IMO we need more of these scenes!)

I sure would like to see MORE scenes with her and Luke!!
--
Frenchy/Gina
FGC Carly, Keeper of her Furcoat

Christine W. Meyer

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 06:49:10 +0100, darsy <da...@pathfindermail.com>
wrote:

> I nearly choked on my drink the day I heard Emily
>> compare Carly Roberts to Katherine Bell.....give me a break. On her best day,
>> Kat could never hope to compare in depth or complexity in anyway, to Carly
>> Roberts.
>
>Me too, while Carly be an outsider to the Q's, she is nothing like
>that stinky Cat!

One of the reasons I hate Katherine and love Carly is their
motivations behind liking nice things (the part of this discussion I
snipped). Carly likes nice things because she appreciates beauty;
Katherine likes nice things because they signify social acceptance.
Kat figures that if she surrounds herself with beautiful and expensive
things, that will make her fit into a certain type of people. Carly
likes pretty things, but hates restaurants like Cafe Matisse because
she hates the food and likes Jake's because to her, it's a fun place.
(And according to the scenes we saw in there yesterday during Ned's
concert, she's right.)

Christine
FGC Carly
MHGC Katherine

darsy

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

Your right Christine, I'd rather be at Jakes too! ITA with everything
you said about the difference between Kat and Carly. Kat's got no soul
or substance, she's just a social climber.

darsy

Frenchy

Mar 31, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/31/99

Christine W. Meyer wrote:

> One of the reasons I hate Katherine and love Carly is their
> motivations behind liking nice things (the part of this discussion I
> snipped). Carly likes nice things because she appreciates beauty;
> Katherine likes nice things because they signify social acceptance.
> Kat figures that if she surrounds herself with beautiful and expensive
> things, that will make her fit into a certain type of people. Carly
> likes pretty things, but hates restaurants like Cafe Matisse because
> she hates the food and likes Jake's because to her, it's a fun place.
> (And according to the scenes we saw in there yesterday during Ned's
> concert, she's right.)

I like Carly aLOT better than I can EVER like Katherine!!! LOL
--
Frenchy/Gina

Rebecca Aderholt

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I couldn't have said it better, myself!
The Carly I used to love to watch would Never have left Jason and
Michael to move into the Q's.
I would have loved to have seen her interact with Luke, too.... what a
waste

Shannon Alton-Anderson

Apr 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/1/99
I have nothing to add about Carly, but every time I come across this
thread, I think of Back to the Future and that woman who went around
town saying "SAVE the Clock Tower!"

Shannon

Supporting P&P...Peeps and Ponytails

Amy McWilliams

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:13:18 GMT, chri...@mahnamahna.com (Christine
W. Meyer) wrote:

>One of the reasons I hate Katherine and love Carly is their
>motivations behind liking nice things (the part of this discussion I
>snipped). Carly likes nice things because she appreciates beauty;
>Katherine likes nice things because they signify social acceptance.
>Kat figures that if she surrounds herself with beautiful and expensive
>things, that will make her fit into a certain type of people. Carly
>likes pretty things, but hates restaurants like Cafe Matisse because
>she hates the food and likes Jake's because to her, it's a fun place.
>(And according to the scenes we saw in there yesterday during Ned's
>concert, she's right.)

I'm not sure Carly likes nice things *only* because she appreciates
beauty, though I agree that she does. I think that it's not social
acceptance they represent for her, though, but family. I remember the
scene of her trying on Bobbie's necklace--that wasn't about the
necklace, and the mink coat isn't about the mink coat. It's about
Jason.

--
McAmy
FGC Carly, Keeper of her Relationship with Uncle Luke

Tuphlos

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
McAmy wrote:
>I'm not sure Carly likes nice things *only* because she appreciates
>beauty, though I agree that she does. I think that it's not social
>acceptance they represent for her, though, but family. I remember the
>scene of her trying on Bobbie's necklace--that wasn't about the
>necklace, and the mink coat isn't about the mink coat. It's about
>Jason.

Well, the same could be said of Katherine, to a certain extent. I'm really
just disappointed in how her character turned out, to be honest, but she does
have something of a sympathetic back story which explains why she likes to
surround herself with such nice things. Her mother and all that. . .

That said, I also have to say that there are some characters that just aren't
supposed to be nice. I think Kat is one of them. With Carly we are supposed
to get this squishy feeling of "Oh, I feel so badly for her because she didn't
have her real mother, and had so many problems. . . " yadda yadda yadda.
We're supposed to get the impression that she'd really be a better person if
she had just gotten a few breaks along the way. I don't disagree with that.

On the other hand, I think Kat is supposed to be bitchy and she just can't make
it work. Damian was a good compliment to her because they pulled off some
dastardly deeds together. I believe Kat was a bitch and I *liked* her that
way. She was fun. She was interesting. Now, all she does is whine. I don't
appreciate that. She was sanitized by Mac and she hasn't been the same sense.
I was hoping, after her little spill off the parapet, that she would come back
bigger and bitchier than ever. No. No such luck.

What was my point? Oh yes, I was trying to point out that Katherine started
out like Carly, appreciating nice things, wanting nice things, because she had
never had them and because she had been looked down on for most of her life.
So, it stands to reason (given the current writing situation) that Carly could
just turn into another Kat.

Robin
CEO FPC Frank "Toffee-Nosed" Scanlon
CO-CEO FGC Nikolas, Pseudo-Cassadine Crown Prince
CEO FGC Justus (JCP)
Il puzzo del tuo cafonismo avvelena l'aria
FGC Sonny, Lily, Alejandro, Jason, Carly, Stefan, Alexis, Taggert, Lady Jane
and Jax

BethH

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99

Amy McWilliams wrote in message <3712802...@news.tamu.edu>...

>I'm not sure Carly likes nice things *only* because she appreciates
>beauty, though I agree that she does. I think that it's not social
>acceptance they represent for her, though, but family. I remember the
>scene of her trying on Bobbie's necklace--that wasn't about the
>necklace, and the mink coat isn't about the mink coat. It's about
>Jason.

I think that's partially true but not the whole picture. I think that most
of what has happened and continues to happen with Bobbie is about family,
but to me it's pretty clear that initially when she first showed up in PC
and set her sights on Tony it was also about revenge. She had, and still
has, this real ambivalence about "family" as represented by Bobbie. She
desires it and and she pushes it away.

And with the mink coat - yes, it's about Jason, but it's also about what
Jason represents for her and also what she thinks Jason can give her.
Wealth, yes, family, yes - but also security, protection, and the vicarious
power she thinks her position in Jason's life gives her. I remember the
night that she gave the order for the dock workers to go on strike. She
regretted it afterward, but at that moment, just for a minute, you could
tell she was really getting off on the power trip. I think this was a major
factor motivating her desire for Jason to give up the motorcycle biz and get
back into his life of crime. It's not just "status", exactly - not in the
same way it is for Katherine - and it's not just beauty either. It's a
whole bunch of things -- complex, tangled and contradictory all at once.

Beth

Amy McWilliams

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
On 6 Apr 1999 16:39:11 GMT, tup...@aol.com (Tuphlos) wrote:

>Well, the same could be said of Katherine, to a certain extent. I'm really
>just disappointed in how her character turned out, to be honest, but she does
>have something of a sympathetic back story which explains why she likes to
>surround herself with such nice things. Her mother and all that. . .

I wouldn't say it, though. <G> Her treatment of Reginald alone would
make me hate her. It's not about the fact he tried to kill her,
seemingly, it's about the fact he's a servant.

>That said, I also have to say that there are some characters that just aren't
>supposed to be nice. I think Kat is one of them. With Carly we are supposed

Agreed. Unfortunately, tptb seem to forget that, wanting us instead
to believe that on every other day she genuinely cares about somebody.

>On the other hand, I think Kat is supposed to be bitchy and she just can't make
>it work. Damian was a good compliment to her because they pulled off some

It's partly writing, partly performance, IMO.

>So, it stands to reason (given the current writing situation) that Carly could
>just turn into another Kat.

I will be desperately sad about that. Unfortunately, they aren't
doing Carly justice in this storyline so far.

--
McAmy
MHGC Kathy, Keep-Her Away from Luke and Lucy!

Tuphlos

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
Mc Amy wrote:

>I wouldn't say it, though. <G> Her treatment of Reginald alone would
>make me hate her. It's not about the fact he tried to kill her,
>seemingly, it's about the fact he's a servant.

Heh. I know you wouldn't. :o) And I agree that she does look down on
people most of the time like she's better than them, but I'm saying that with
the background they have slapped on her, they could have easily written her a
different way. I wish they would have never given her such a putrid, sob
story because she was just fine being a bitch just for the sake of being one.

>Unfortunately, tptb seem to forget that, wanting us instead
>to believe that on every other day she genuinely cares about somebody.

Common tptb mistake. :o) I'll straighten 'em out! Either she is or she
isn't, ya know? Let's just blame it all on Mac. She chaged for the worse
after that little episode happened. I haven't liked her since.

About carly. . .

>I will be desperately sad about that. Unfortunately, they aren't
>doing Carly justice in this storyline so far.

This is true. This is what happened to Kat too. She was going along swell,
she had all these complex issues and then they killed off Damian, put her with
Mac and she's been useless ever since. She was never a "great" character, but
what life she had in her evaporated when Damian and then Lucy left. Partly
acting, I agree, and partly writing. Carly could be heading in the same
direction. To quote D.L. Hughley, "She's on the slippery slope to a
government check!"

robin

maire sheosamh

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
In article <3712802...@news.tamu.edu>, mcwil...@tamu.edu (Amy
McWilliams) wrote:

#
#I'm not sure Carly likes nice things *only* because she appreciates
#beauty, though I agree that she does. I think that it's not social
#acceptance they represent for her, though, but family. I remember the
#scene of her trying on Bobbie's necklace--that wasn't about the
#necklace, and the mink coat isn't about the mink coat.

I was sure the coat was sable, Russian sable, not some
ratty little mink. LOL

Cheers, Maire CEO FGC Jax, AJ
PCMDT member; Purser on the SSM

Marcy Baker

Apr 6, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/6/99
maire sheosamh wrote:

> In article <3712802...@news.tamu.edu>, mcwil...@tamu.edu (Amy
> McWilliams) wrote:
>
> #
> #I'm not sure Carly likes nice things *only* because she appreciates
> #beauty, though I agree that she does. I think that it's not social
> #acceptance they represent for her, though, but family. I remember the
> #scene of her trying on Bobbie's necklace--that wasn't about the
> #necklace, and the mink coat isn't about the mink coat.
>
> I was sure the coat was sable, Russian sable, not some
> ratty little mink. LOL

I agree with Maire. The coat is a VERY expensive
Russian sable, which Carly announces frequently
whenever she has an opportunity. The only other
fur that she could have picked that would have
been MORE expensive (I think) is chinchilla.

Marcy

Amy McWilliams

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
On 6 Apr 1999 20:41:59 GMT, tup...@aol.com (Tuphlos) wrote:
>Heh. I know you wouldn't. :o) And I agree that she does look down on
>people most of the time like she's better than them, but I'm saying that with
>the background they have slapped on her, they could have easily written her a
>different way. I wish they would have never given her such a putrid, sob
>story because she was just fine being a bitch just for the sake of being one.

Agreed. And even her bad treatment of Reginald and others wouldn't be
so...well...bad, if it was clear she was doing it out of some
motivation other than snobbery.

>Common tptb mistake. :o) I'll straighten 'em out!

You go, girl.

>Let's just blame it all on Mac. She chaged for the worse
>after that little episode happened. I haven't liked her since.

Oh, pooh. Mac has such an uphill battle as it is, I don't want to
blame *him* for Katherine. Let's blame Patch and Kayla instead?
<BEG>

>This is true. This is what happened to Kat too. She was going along swell,
>she had all these complex issues and then they killed off Damian, put her with
>Mac and she's been useless ever since. She was never a "great" character, but

Well, I didn't find her very intriguing or well-written/well-performed
in the Damien days either, but it was better than this.

Micki

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
Beth wrote:

<<And with the mink coat - yes, it's about Jason, but it's also about what
Jason represents for her and also what she thinks Jason can give her.
Wealth, yes, family, yes - but also security, protection, and the vicarious
power she thinks her position in Jason's life gives her.>>

Power is what Lady Macbeth wanted, too, and look where it got her. Carly's
problem is, she wants it all, but she's too lazy to earn it honestly, which,
IMO means she doesn't deserve it.

Kat is revolting at times, but she's nowhere near as revolting as Carly,
with her constant manipulations and mooching off people. Kat at least
befriended Robin and Mac, whereas Carly sabotages every friend that dares
cross her path. To argue, as someone else did in another post, that she
doesn't want social acceptance and all that comes with it is crazy. If she
gets AJ to marry her, she thinks she will have it and destroy him in the
process. Hopefully, AJ will cart her ass back to Ferncliff where it belongs,
too. If she appreciates beauty so much, then she can appreciate it through
barred windows instead of bopping around messing up other people's lives!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<KABBONNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

--
Micki
Carly delenda est

darsy

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
Amy McWilliams wrote:

> On 6 Apr 1999 20:41:59 GMT, tup...@aol.com (Tuphlos) wrote:
> >Heh. I know you wouldn't. :o) And I agree that she does look down on
> >people most of the time like she's better than them, but I'm saying that with
> >the background they have slapped on her, they could have easily written her a
> >different way. I wish they would have never given her such a putrid, sob
> >story because she was just fine being a bitch just for the sake of being one.
>
> Agreed. And even her bad treatment of Reginald and others wouldn't be
> so...well...bad, if it was clear she was doing it out of some
> motivation other than snobbery.

I think that this is the difference between Kat and Carly. Kat only
looks at things that will make her socially acceptable. She wants the
big diamond ring becuase it tell's the world of socialites that she's
at least as good as they are, she's *one* of them. With Carly she
wants the big diamond ring because it makes her feel more secure with
herself, and because she's always done without, she's impressed with
expensive things. She doesn't really care what other people think. To
her showing off the coat meant wearing it to a place like Jakes, not
some big social gathering. She's more comfortable with the commoners
and she doesn't feel ashamed of that. She doesn't look down on the
servants as Kat does. Sure, she may enjoy them waiting on her(carrying
her shopping bags and such)however she doesn't treat them with the
disrespect that Kat does. Kat wants to get away from being the
servants daughter, money and nice things, she feels will gain her
acceptance. Carly wants the nice things, and she likes that the money
and power make it possible to tell people like the Q's just where to
go.

darsy

Tante Joan

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:05:49 +0100, darsy <da...@pathfindermail.com>
wrote:

>I think that this is the difference between Kat and Carly. Kat only
>looks at things that will make her socially acceptable. She wants the
>big diamond ring becuase it tell's the world of socialites that she's
>at least as good as they are, she's *one* of them.

This is great stuff, Darsy. I'm going to take your comparisons and go
a little further. When you look at their backgrounds, Kat and Carly
have some key differences. Katherine was indeed the cook's daughter,
but she also was Avery Stanton's unacknowledged illegitimate child.
She was raised in the same house with her half-sister, but never on a
level playing field. With servants she is always seeking to
demonstrate how not a servant she is, how entitled she is to
front-of-the-house treatment. She unconsciously competes with
servants, and therefore demonstrates that she will never have the
knack natural to those who merely employ servants. (Monica, for
example, has very humble origins, but she learned how to supervise
them by taking her cues from Lila.)

> With Carly she
>wants the big diamond ring because it makes her feel more secure with
>herself, and because she's always done without, she's impressed with
>expensive things. She doesn't really care what other people think. To
>her showing off the coat meant wearing it to a place like Jakes, not
>some big social gathering.

Very true. While others may see her preference for sable over mink in
terms of the relative price, sable being much more expensive, I see it
for its greater luxury. Sable is so much softer, warmer and more
sensuous than the already soft, warm and sensuous mink. But I agree
that her goal is not ostentatious display, as Kat's is. Katherine
parades her excesses, but Carly enjoys them. And while Katherine
would choke down caviar even if she hated it, Carly would try it
because of its reputation, but if it didn't taste good she would spit
it out. (Thing"Big.")

> She's more comfortable with the commoners
>and she doesn't feel ashamed of that. She doesn't look down on the
>servants as Kat does. Sure, she may enjoy them waiting on her(carrying
>her shopping bags and such)however she doesn't treat them with the
>disrespect that Kat does. Kat wants to get away from being the
>servants daughter, money and nice things, she feels will gain her
>acceptance.

If Carly is ever in the position of having servants of her own, she
will probably treat them the way Mae West treated hers on film,
half-servant/half-audience. I'm reminded of Fiona Hutchinson's GL
character Jenna, who had a ball with her two maids.

-- Tante Joan, CEO of FGC Carly and
Member,The Four Horsewomen, Inc.
now featuring David the Stableboy and Logan
the WonderPony and Member SRSS
(Because it takes a junta to defend Carly)
[p&e]

Amy McWilliams

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
wrote:

>Kat only

>looks at things that will make her socially acceptable. She wants the
>big diamond ring becuase it tell's the world of socialites that she's
>at least as good as they are, she's *one* of them

So, really, Kat is simply a more refined version of Emma Lutz?

Mc "Well, the Ice Princess is back..." Amy

--
McAmy * GH Pages: http://www.geocities.com/~mcamy
CEO, FGC LUKE: Keeper of the Worldview and the Outdated Endearments;

Deb Swanson

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99

A weasel by any other name is still a weasel and I think Carly is all
about skinning a bigger weasel at this time.

Deb

maire sheosamh

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
In article
<3270B1A7FE94C20E.4D5E0AF8...@library-proxy.airnews.net>,
tan...@airmail.net (Tante Joan) wrote:

#will probably treat them the way Mae West treated hers on film,
#half-servant/half-audience. I'm reminded of Fiona Hutchinson's GL
#character Jenna, who had a ball with her two maids.
#
#
#-- Tante Joan, CEO of FGC Carly and

Oh my, I have a couple absolutely delicious images in my
mind right now! LOL. The mildest one, is Jenna hosting
a ball to which her maids are invited......

Or wait, is this what you meant literally?

Tante Joan

Apr 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/7/99
On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 15:35:54 -0500, snea...@spammy.ix.netcom.com
(maire sheosamh) wrote:

>In article
><3270B1A7FE94C20E.4D5E0AF8...@library-proxy.airnews.net>,
>tan...@airmail.net (Tante Joan) wrote:
>

>#will probably treat them the way Mae West treated hers on film,
>#half-servant/half-audience. I'm reminded of Fiona Hutchinson's GL
>#character Jenna, who had a ball with her two maids.
>#
>#
>#-- Tante Joan, CEO of FGC Carly and
>
>Oh my, I have a couple absolutely delicious images in my
>mind right now! LOL. The mildest one, is Jenna hosting
>a ball to which her maids are invited......
>
>Or wait, is this what you meant literally?

Well, I'm sure Ginger would have loved it as long as she didn't have
to sweep up after it was over.
TJ

Andrys D Basten

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
Tante Joan <tan...@airmail.net> wrote:

>level playing field. With servants she is always seeking to
>demonstrate how not a servant she is, how entitled she is to
>front-of-the-house treatment. She unconsciously competes with
>servants, and therefore demonstrates that she will never have the
>knack natural to those who merely employ servants.

Whatta great insight! Never occurred to me why she was so awful with
people she had been.

>parades her excesses, but Carly enjoys them. And while Katherine
>would choke down caviar even if she hated it, Carly would try it
>because of its reputation, but if it didn't taste good she would spit
>it out.

Unless AJ had ordered it for her, like the fish he orders for her :)

Andrys Basten, CNE (Novell) http://www.andrys.com
http://www.andrys.com/books.html - Classical-Music Searches on one page
Search CDs, VIDEOS, SHEET MUSIC, Gramophone/Fanfare Reviews
http://www.andrys.com/argerich.html - available Argerich recordings
http://www.andrys.com/indox.html -Peru photos w/Canon Elph
Have music, will travel: piano, harpsichord, recorders

BethH

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
Andrys D Basten wrote in message ...

>>And while Katherine
>>would choke down caviar even if she hated it, Carly would try it
>>because of its reputation, but if it didn't taste good she would spit
>>it out.
>
> Unless AJ had ordered it for her, like the fish he orders for her :)

C'mon, be fair. I think I must have read a half-dozen different posts so
far trashing AJ for ordering fish for Carly. For the record: AJ has
*always* asked Carly if he may order for her, and she has always said "yes".
One time he even asked her if *she* wanted to order for the two of them and
she said "no". And nothing prevents her from telling him she doesn't like
fish, except maybe if she did he'd apologize and stop ordering it, and then
she would have one less flimsy excuse to hate him.

Poor AJ is getting trashed by the writers in every conceivable way. Can we
at least all agree that there was nothing reprehensible about his ordering
fish for Carly, OK? Thank you. :-)

Beth
I am a Washington State resident and am
protected by Washington's antispam law.

laura j uerling

Apr 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/8/99
BethH (bha...@nwrpca.org) wrote:
: Andrys D Basten wrote in message ...

ITA, Beth! I've also seen people trash him for not *knowing* she doesn't
like fish, since Mr. Perfect Jason-the-Borg knows. Of course, Jason has
lived with her for several months, and is in a much better position to
know what her likes and dislikes are, but why let that get in the way of
another reason to hate AJ!

It also bugged me when people complained that AJ failed to kiss Michael
good night a few days ago. For one thing, AJ has said that Michael
either cries or ignores him when they're together, so a kiss might not
be welcome. (Not that we've seen the crying/ignoring--have they ever
shown AJ and Mikey alone together?) And IIRC, Michael was sitting on
Jason's lap at the time, and AJ's discomfort with the situation just
radiated from the screen (mine, anyway!). I wasn't at all surprised that
AJ would be uncomfortable planting a possibly unwelcome kiss on Michael
under the circumstances.

Laura Uerling
luer...@lynx.neu.edu

FGC Stefan, Caretaker of the Secret Cove
FGC Alexis, Member: SWATCH, LEFT-OFF

Micki

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
BethH wrote:

<<AJ has *always* asked Carly if he may order for her, and she has always
said "yes".
One time he even asked her if *she* wanted to order for the two of them and
she said "no". And nothing prevents her from telling him she doesn't like
fish, except maybe if she did he'd apologize and stop ordering it, and then
she would have one less flimsy excuse to hate him.>>

I agree. She's an opinionated, whiny, pathetic, disrespectful loudmouth the
rest of the time. If she hates fish so much, she should say so. If we're
lucky, though, she'll keep eating it and eventually choke on it and die a
horrible death, taking her precious *plan* with her. Carly Roberts doesn't
need to be saved, she needs to be sterilized and burned at the stake. I
really wish Sonny would send her black roses and dead fish wrapped in
newspaper. She'll like them even less then. LOL!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<KABBONNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SLAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<Poor AJ is getting trashed by the writers in every conceivable way. Can
we at least all agree that there was nothing reprehensible about his
ordering fish for Carly, OK? Thank you. :-)>>

Good try, Beth, but for some here, AJ breathing is reprehensible, while
Carly's plan (which *should* be considered reprehensible by anyone with a
conscience) is simply "clever." :::::eyeroll:::::

:

Andrys D Basten

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99
In article <370c...@news.nwlink.com>,

BethH <bha...@nwrpca.spamblock.org> wrote:
>Andrys D Basten wrote in message ...
>
>>>And while Katherine
>>>would choke down caviar even if she hated it, Carly would try it
>>>because of its reputation, but if it didn't taste good she would spit
>>>it out.
>>
>> Unless AJ had ordered it for her, like the fish he orders for her :)
>
>C'mon, be fair. I think I must have read a half-dozen different posts so
>far trashing AJ for ordering fish for Carly.

Down, woman! You didn't read one here. Maybe you just got on the
defensive? My point was/is that she would not just spit it out if
she didn't like it if she were trying to impress AJ. The fish was
one example; there have been others.

- A

BethH

Apr 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/9/99

Andrys D Basten wrote in message ...

> Down, woman! You didn't read one here. Maybe you just got on the

>defensive? My point was/is that she would not just spit it out if
>she didn't like it if she were trying to impress AJ. The fish was
>one example; there have been others.
>
> - A

Hi Andrys, I probably should have said up front that I was not including
your post amongst the half-dozen I was referring to. I know you weren't
trashing the poor boy. I just had a pavlovian moment - saw the dread word
"fish" one too many times, I guess, and started drooling (metaphorically
speaking) :-)

marta rodriguez

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99
to Micki
Micki's right Beth. Even breathing is reprehensible for the Carly lovers.
If you don't believe that, check into the messages that knit picked about
AJ leaving Leticia in the car while he spoke with the psychiatrist. Is
that absurd or what?

Micki, the image of Sonny sending Snarly dead fish and black roses is most
entertaining. Gracias. I needed that after that damn scene with her and
Sonny where Borgan Morgan Moron told Sonny "Don't insult Carly in front of
me." (all together now.) "She's Michael's mother." What is this anyway?
Does this moron think of Carly as the virgin and of Michael as baby Jesus
or something? Ough!
Marta
Carly Bludgeoning Squad
MHGC Carly: Keeper of her one way ticket to Ferncliff.

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Micki wrote:

> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 02:34:24 -0600
> From: Micki <mi...@oneimage.com>
> To: marta rodriguez <rma...@world.std.com>
> Subject: Re: GH: Enough with the fish already (was: SAVE Carly Roberts!)

marta rodriguez

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99
On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Micki wrote:
> Beth wrote:
>
> <<And with the mink coat - yes, it's about Jason, but it's also about what
> Jason represents for her and also what she thinks Jason can give her.
> Wealth, yes, family, yes - but also security, protection, and the vicarious
> power she thinks her position in Jason's life gives her.>>

Sorry Micki for writing on top of your reply to this statement by Beth.
Also it seems that Carly is not ready to acknowledge anything she's done,
so the slightest criticism even coming from someone on her side like her
mother is something she doesn't want to hear. Since Jason supports her
regardless of who she mangles along the way she feels that she's getting
the "love" she claims she wants. She doesn't want to realize that love is
not as unconditional as she expects it to be.

> Power is what Lady Macbeth wanted, too, and look where it got her.

LOL!

Carly's
> problem is, she wants it all, but she's too lazy to earn it honestly, which,
> IMO means she doesn't deserve it.

She wants it all without working for it and regardless of who gets hurt
along the way, as evidenced by what she's doing to Michael, what she plans
to do to AJ __________yet again__________ and her insistence that Jason
went back into the mob. She's just too self absorbed to love Jason or
anyone else. If she would look at that there might come a time when she
wouldn't have to be boohooing about people hating her.

> Kat is revolting at times, but she's nowhere near as revolting as Carly,
> with her constant manipulations and mooching off people. Kat at least
> befriended Robin and Mac, whereas Carly sabotages every friend that dares
> cross her path. To argue, as someone else did in another post, that she
> doesn't want social acceptance and all that comes with it is crazy. If she
> gets AJ to marry her, she thinks she will have it and destroy him in the
> process. Hopefully, AJ will cart her ass back to Ferncliff where it belongs,
> too. If she appreciates beauty so much, then she can appreciate it through
> barred windows instead of bopping around messing up other people's lives!

(LOL!) Love that image of Carly appreciating beauty through barbed wires.
Anyway, I don't like Katherine at all, though you Micki are right about
befriending Robin. In that sense, Katherine has actually shown loyalty
and concern for someone she likes, which Carly so far has not managed to
do. I think they're both the same in the sense that they want status and
wealth and are not above wrecking other lives in order to get it.

Marta
Carly Bludgeoning Squad
MHGC Carly: Keeper of her one way ticket to Ferncliff. > >

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<KABBONNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > > -- > Micki

BethH

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 02:18:52 GMT, marta rodriguez
<rma...@world.std.com> wrote:

>Micki's right Beth. Even breathing is reprehensible for the Carly lovers.
>If you don't believe that, check into the messages that knit picked about
>AJ leaving Leticia in the car while he spoke with the psychiatrist. Is
>that absurd or what?

I gotta disagree with both of you. I really don't think this is about
"Carly lovers" vs. "AJ lovers" at all. This is all part of the "Jason
GOOD/AJ BAD" dogma that is being forced down all of our throats by the
writers these days. As someone else posted recently (TJ, I think),
the whole Michael custody storyline is about Jason and AJ - the two
father figures - and Carly is almost incidental to the whole thing.
She always says she and Michael are a package deal - well, that has
become almost literally true. AJ and Jason battle over Michael and
whoever gets Michael gets Carly as part of the package. (Sort of
like when we were in grade school and the team captains would bicker
over who had to take the bad players, and the way they would settle it
would be to pair a bad player up with one of the good ones - "OK, you
can have Michael but you gotta take Carly too".) :-)

--
Beth
To email remove 'nospam' from address.

Frenchy

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99

BethH wrote:

> I gotta disagree with both of you. I really don't think this is about
> "Carly lovers" vs. "AJ lovers" at all. This is all part of the "Jason
> GOOD/AJ BAD" dogma that is being forced down all of our throats by the
> writers these days. As someone else posted recently (TJ, I think),
> the whole Michael custody storyline is about Jason and AJ - the two
> father figures - and Carly is almost incidental to the whole thing.
> She always says she and Michael are a package deal - well, that has
> become almost literally true. AJ and Jason battle over Michael and
> whoever gets Michael gets Carly as part of the package. (Sort of
> like when we were in grade school and the team captains would bicker
> over who had to take the bad players, and the way they would settle it
> would be to pair a bad player up with one of the good ones - "OK, you
> can have Michael but you gotta take Carly too".) :-)

I sure do hope that it does happen this way.....I would really hate to see
Carly lose Michael....
--
Frenchy/Gina
FGC Carly, Keeper of her Furcoat
MHGC AJ, Keeper of the JOINT Custody Papers

Micki

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99
Marta wrote:

<<Micki, the image of Sonny sending Snarly dead fish and black roses is most
entertaining. Gracias. I needed that after that damn scene with her and
Sonny where Borgan Morgan Moron told Sonny "Don't insult Carly in front of
me." (all together now.) "She's Michael's mother." What is this anyway?>>

De nada, Marta. That's his brain dead, baby whipped mantra. I really don't
mind if Taggert or someone else shoots Jason. Maybe by some miracle, he'll
live and the bullet will shoot some sense into his head. If Robin hadn't
gone back to Paris, she would have left him anyway. At least she wasn't dumb
enough to stand for Carly's shit. I don't care if Jason sees through her or
"knows her" or not. That he puts up with what he does from her makes him a
spineless idiot! I don't even know why Sonny bothers trying to reason with
him. It's like talking to a wall, and I know the feeling where Carly's
admirers are concerned.

<<Does this moron think of Carly as the virgin and of Michael as baby Jesus
or something? Ough!>>

I really don't know what he thinks. If he wants a baby so bad, I see no
reason why he shouldn't have one of his own with a woman who doesn't use him
as a doormat and actually loves and wants the child. He talks about Carly's
tire tracks all over him, and at the same time he's letting her pull the
same shit over and over without any repercussions. It's his own damn fault,
and I hope he does get hurt. That's what he gets for selecting rotting tuna
(Carly) over lobster (Robin). Carly has no room talking about abuse at
Jason's or anyone else's hands, because she's abused plenty of people
herself.

:

Micki

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99
Frenchy wrote in message:

BethH wrote:

She always says she and Michael are a package deal - well, that has
:> become almost literally true. AJ and Jason battle over Michael and
:> whoever gets Michael gets Carly as part of the package.

<<I sure do hope that it does happen this way.....I would really hate to see
Carly lose Michael....>>

Carly wouldn't give a *damn* about losing Michael. She'd sure lament not
getting her hands on Jason's or AJ's money by using him, though. With all
the concern people say they have for Michael in this stupid situation, one
would think they'd see that considering Carly has *no desire* to bond with
and nurture her son, her losing him would be the best thing for the kid. At
least AJ has examined his shortcomings. Carly admits hers, but instead of
trying to change her behavior, wallows in self-pity and blames everyone else
for her misery!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<KABBONG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SLAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Carly absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for the crap she pulls.
She is a nutcase with no conscience and no concept of what it means to be
an adult. She has no business raising a child, and if she is awarded custody
of Michael, Port Charles should be afraid...VERY AFRAID!

Micki

Apr 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/10/99
Marta wrote:

<<Also it seems that Carly is not ready to acknowledge anything she's done,
so the slightest criticism even coming from someone on her side like her
mother is something she doesn't want to hear.>>

Exactly, because then she can't blame others for her predicament and has to
entertain the thought that she might have something to do with it. <gasp>
Que lastima!

<<Since Jason supports her regardless of who she mangles along the way she
feels that she's getting the "love" she claims she wants.>>

Sure, because she can mangle Jason in the process, too!

<<She doesn't want to realize that love is not as unconditional as she
expects it to be.>>

Nor does she realize she has to give it in order to get it. She can't tackle
love at all, let alone unconditional love!

<<She wants it all without working for it and regardless of who gets hurt
along the way, as evidenced by what she's doing to Michael, what she plans
to do to AJ __________yet again__________ and her insistence that Jason went
back into the mob. She's just too self absorbed to love Jason or anyone
else. If she would look at that there might come a time when she wouldn't
have to be boohooing about people hating her.>>

Too true!

<<:(LOL!) Love that image of Carly appreciating beauty through barbed
wires.>>

I knew you would! <smile>

<<I don't like Katherine at all, though you Micki are right about
befriending Robin. In that sense, Katherine has actually shown loyalty and
concern for someone she likes, which Carly so far has not managed to do.>>

I don't particularly like Kat, either. She's the way you said she is, but at
least she has a more human side than Carly does. Carly complains about
people not liking her all the time, while at the same time doing things that
make others hate her. She's made her own bed as far as I'm concerned. She
deserves neither love nor friends, until she earns them. Heck, even Kat
hates Carly! LOL!!!

Dburnside1

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
>Subject: Re: GH: Enough with the fish already (was: SAVE Carly Roberts!)
>From: marta rodriguez <rma...@world.std.com>
>Date: 4/9/99 9:18 PM Central Daylight Time

I needed that after that damn scene with her and
>Sonny where Borgan Morgan Moron told Sonny "Don't insult Carly in front of
>me." (all together now.) "She's Michael's mother." What is this anyway?
>Does this moron think of Carly as the virgin and of Michael as baby Jesus
>or something? Ough!

Sonny should have told Borgboy to "turn around then, so I can insult her behind
your back". Jason better get used to things being done behind his back, if he's
going to keep Skanky in his life.

And why does "she of the blessed womb" keep coming to Sonny anyway? Sonny can
insult anyone he wants in his own house. She came to him,and physically
attacked him. Not the other way around. Jerykboy better take off the blinders
or he'll never see her next scheme coming.

Deeva
CRDSS
MHGC Carly

marta rodriguez

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
to Micki

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Micki wrote:

> Marta wrote:
>
> <<Micki, the image of Sonny sending Snarly dead fish and black roses is most

> entertaining. Gracias. I needed that after that damn scene with her and

> Sonny where Borgan Morgan Moron told Sonny "Don't insult Carly in front of
> me." (all together now.) "She's Michael's mother." What is this anyway?>>
>

> De nada, Marta. That's his brain dead, baby whipped mantra. I really don't
> mind if Taggert or someone else shoots Jason. Maybe by some miracle, he'll
> live and the bullet will shoot some sense into his head. If Robin hadn't
> gone back to Paris, she would have left him anyway. At least she wasn't dumb
> enough to stand for Carly's shit. I don't care if Jason sees through her or
> "knows her" or not. That he puts up with what he does from her makes him a
> spineless idiot! I don't even know why Sonny bothers trying to reason with
> him. It's like talking to a wall, and I know the feeling where Carly's
> admirers are concerned.

I think Sonny should just quit supporting his idiotic custody battle and
let him drown. In fact, I think Sonny should withdraw his friendship
altogether and let Carly further wreck his life. Perhaps then he'll have
at the very least the pretense of a clue as to what everybody's beef with
her is all about.

> <<Does this moron think of Carly as the virgin and of Michael as baby Jesus
> or something? Ough!>>

By the way, as long as you have to put qualifiers on everything you say on
this ng; I wasn't trying to offend anyone's religious sensibilities when I
wrote this. It's just that this "She's Michael's mother." mantra is
getting a bit ridiculous. You'd think the pirana had given birth to the
boy who would be king or something. Please!

> I really don't know what he thinks. If he wants a baby so bad, I see no
> reason why he shouldn't have one of his own with a woman who doesn't use him
> as a doormat and actually loves and wants the child. He talks about Carly's
> tire tracks all over him, and at the same time he's letting her pull the
> same shit over and over without any repercussions. It's his own damn fault,
> and I hope he does get hurt. That's what he gets for selecting rotting tuna
> (Carly) over lobster (Robin). Carly has no room talking about abuse at
> Jason's or anyone else's hands, because she's abused plenty of people
> herself.

(Still chuckling over LZ's image of Carly as rotting tuna.) The thing is
that he went as far as to admit to Sonny that he could be right regarding
all he says about Carly, but he's going to support him anyway? If this
isn't a prime example of his incapacity I don't know what is. One thing
is to give someone the benefit of the doubt and the other thing is to do
it while they're leaving "tire tracks" all over you. That's gluttony for
punishment pure and simple.

marta rodriguez

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
to Micki
On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Micki wrote:
> Frenchy wrote in message:
> BethH wrote:
> She always says she and Michael are a package deal - well, that has
> :> become almost literally true. AJ and Jason battle over Michael and
> :> whoever gets Michael gets Carly as part of the package.
>
> <<I sure do hope that it does happen this way.....I would really hate to see
> Carly lose Michael....>>
>
> Carly wouldn't give a *damn* about losing Michael. She'd sure lament not
> getting her hands on Jason's or AJ's money by using him, though. With all
> the concern people say they have for Michael in this stupid situation, one
> would think they'd see that considering Carly has *no desire* to bond with
> and nurture her son, her losing him would be the best thing for the kid. At
> least AJ has examined his shortcomings. Carly admits hers, but instead of
> trying to change her behavior, wallows in self-pity and blames everyone else
> for her misery!
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<KABBONG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<SLAP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> Carly absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for the crap she pulls.
> She is a nutcase with no conscience and no concept of what it means to be
> an adult. She has no business raising a child, and if she is awarded custody
> of Michael, Port Charles should be afraid...VERY AFRAID!
>
> --
> Micki
Micki, I've finally been convinced by all the pro Carly arguments
regarding Michael. From now on, I'm going to advocate that every
neglectful parent gets to keep her/his child. (LOL!) We can't have Carly
without Michael. How would she go about securing her meal ticket? god
forbid the bitch should have to work for a living.

marta rodriguez

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
On 11 Apr 1999, Dburnside1 wrote:
> I needed that after that damn scene with her and
> >Sonny where Borgan Morgan Moron told Sonny "Don't insult Carly in front of
> >me." (all together now.) "She's Michael's mother." What is this anyway?
> >Does this moron think of Carly as the virgin and of Michael as baby Jesus
> >or something? Ough!
>
> Sonny should have told Borgboy to "turn around then, so I can insult her behind
> your back".

(LOL!)

Jason better get used to things being done behind his back, if he's
> going to keep Skanky in his life.

It almost annoys me to hear him complain about the tire tracks Snarly's
antics have left on him, because you know he's going to continue to
support her behavior. If that's what he's going to do, he should grin and
bear it and shut the hell up. He wouldn't have any tire tracks if he
would've sent the useless walking cavity packing with her baby. >

> And why does "she of the blessed womb" keep coming to Sonny anyway? Sonny can
> insult anyone he wants in his own house. She came to him,and physically
> attacked him. Not the other way around. Jerykboy better take off the blinders
> or he'll never see her next scheme coming.

Sonny should not have waited to hear what she had to say. He should have
knocked her into the next millenium for tresspassing in the first place.
That attempt of hers to manipulate him was weird. When she did it during
the blizzard at least you could reason that she needed to manipulate him
so he would let her talk to Jason, but this was very strange. I wonder if
she's decided that Sonny has the gbigger bank book and is trying to move
in on him. Oh yuck! I think I'm going to get sick at the very thought of
it.

Micki

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Marta wrote:

<<I think Sonny should just quit supporting his idiotic custody battle and
let him drown. In fact, I think Sonny should withdraw his friendship
altogether and let Carly further wreck his life. Perhaps then he'll have at
the very least the pretense of a clue as to what everybody's beef with her
is all about.>>

Exactly. If Jason can't see the train coming down the tracks at breakneck
speed, it isn't Sonny's problem.

<<It's just that this "She's Michael's mother." mantra is getting a bit
ridiculous. You'd think the pirana had given birth to the boy who would be
king or something. Please!>>

Tell me about it! :::::eyeroll:::::

<<One thing is to give someone the benefit of the doubt and the other thing
is to do it while they're leaving "tire tracks" all over you. That's
gluttony for punishment pure and simple.>>

Yep.That's why Jason deserves all the punishment he can get. I think it's
hilarious that Steve Burton actually said at a recent luncheon that he does
not want a Jason/Carly pairing because he doesn't agree with the way Jason
is supporting Carly and really hates the character, although he likes Sarah
Brown. LOL!!

:

Micki

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Marta wrote:

<<Micki, I've finally been convinced by all the pro Carly arguments
regarding Michael. From now on, I'm going to advocate that every neglectful
parent gets to keep her/his child. (LOL!)>>

LMAO!! Sure, I mean, who wants to be well-adjusted anyway?

<< We can't have Carly without Michael. How would she go about securing her
meal ticket? god forbid the bitch should have to work for a living.>>

After all, it might keep whatever brain tissue she does have from rotting.
<sigh>

Micki

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
I believe Deeva wrote:

<<Jason better get used to things being done behind his back, if he's going
to keep Skanky in his life.>>

Ain't that the truth. He blew a gasket over Robin telling the truth. I hate
to see what a basket case he'll be with Carly crossing him left and right!
LOL!!

Then Marta said:

<<It almost annoys me to hear him complain about the tire tracks Snarly's
antics have left on him, because you know he's going to continue to support
her behavior. If that's what he's going to do, he should grin and bear it
and shut the hell up. He wouldn't have any tire tracks if he would've sent
the useless walking cavity packing with her baby.>>

Exactly! He asked for the abuse he's getting, so now it's put up and shut
up, or grow some balls and tell the bitch and her spoiled brat to go to
Hell. He's been warned over and over again. If he doesn't like what she's
pulling, then he has the power to cut her off.

:> And why does "she of the blessed womb" keep coming to Sonny anyway? Sonny

can
:> insult anyone he wants in his own house. She came to him,and physically
:> attacked him. Not the other way around. Jerykboy better take off the
blinders
:> or he'll never see her next scheme coming.
:
<<Sonny should not have waited to hear what she had to say. He should have
knocked her into the next millenium for tresspassing in the first place.
That attempt of hers to manipulate him was weird. When she did it during
the blizzard at least you could reason that she needed to manipulate him so

he would let her talk to Jason, but this was very strange. I wonder if he's

decided that Sonny has the gbigger bank book and is trying to move :in on
him. Oh yuck! I think I'm going to get sick at the very thought of it.>>

I agree with you both. I don't understand what Carly wants from Sonny
either, knowing how much he hates her. I wish he would knock her into the
next millenium, too. If she thinks she's going to manipulate Sonny like she
has so many other men, she's dreaming. He will chew her up and spit her out
before she can even *think* seduction.

Linda Martindale

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99
When I saw this title, it made it stop and think about a new joke on one
of the radio stations here in North Carolina. Seems the female deejay got
rude treatment from a towing company -- so, in her wisdom, she mooned
them. The next day, her cohort and partner in crime told it on the radio.
They had pulled a stunt before where they sent "fish" to another competing
radio station. They urged viewers to "fish" the towing company. I won't
go into details but not only were real "fish" left, but phone calls were
made that all that was said was fish.

Now in parts of North Carolina, "fish" has a new meaning.

Christine W. Meyer

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99
On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 15:17:02 GMT, tan...@airmail.net (Tante Joan)
wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Apr 1999 08:05:49 +0100, darsy <da...@pathfindermail.com>
>wrote:

>> She's more comfortable with the commoners
>>and she doesn't feel ashamed of that. She doesn't look down on the
>>servants as Kat does. Sure, she may enjoy them waiting on her(carrying
>>her shopping bags and such)however she doesn't treat them with the
>>disrespect that Kat does. Kat wants to get away from being the
>>servants daughter, money and nice things, she feels will gain her
>>acceptance.
>
>If Carly is ever in the position of having servants of her own, she

>will probably treat them the way Mae West treated hers on film,

>half-servant/half-audience. I'm reminded of Fiona Hutchinson's GL

>character Jenna, who had a ball with her two maids.

She's already exhibited some of this, TJ. When she found out that
Rinaldo was killed <sob!> while she was still in Ferncliffe, she went,
"Rinaldo's gone?" and acted concerned and shocked. Compare that with
Robin's reaction--she made some lame joke about getting Carly hired as
one of Jason's bodyguards.

Christine
Not part of the Four Horsewomen, but FGC Carly, nonetheless

NLD

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99

She was probably upset because she wouldn't have anyone to drive her to
store when she got out of Ferncliff.

Michele Jackson

Apr 17, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/17/99

marta rodriguez wrote:

> Micki's right Beth. Even breathing is reprehensible for the Carly lovers.
> If you don't believe that, check into the messages that knit picked about
> AJ leaving Leticia in the car while he spoke with the psychiatrist. Is
> that absurd or what?
>

> Marta

I thought AJ made a serious mistake in sending Leticia to the
car. Whatever effect he intended backfired in the doctor's
eyes. That observation has nothing to do with being a Carly
lover. I'm on AJ's side as far as the custody battle goes.
Saying that he shouldn't have sent Leticia to the car is not
tantamount to saying whether he'd make a bad father or not.
Maybe he would make a bad father, but I don't think it's for
Carly and Jason to decide he doesn't "deserve" the opportunity.
His sending Leticia to the car was a strategic mistake on his
part and acknowledging that doesn't cast aspersions on AJ's worth
as a person. Michele

allywa...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2017, 12:22:28 AM4/5/17
Micki, I completely agree with what you said about CArly. She was and still is a disgusting character! One thing she did that bothered me the most is how she drugged AJ and set it up to look like he'd been drinking when he'd been sober for months (and had worked really hard to get that healthy) and even bribed a bartender to lie to his family about his drinking again. Evil!