Bobbie Spencer History on GH

Jaklyn123

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

I would like a list of Bobbie's Husbands and how why married and left Bobbie.

Judi Sohn

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

In article <19980301152...@ladder03.news.aol.com>,
jakl...@aol.com (Jaklyn123) wrote:

> I would like a list of Bobbie's Husbands and how why married and left Bobbie.

I'll take a shot at it:

1. DL Brock. I guess she married him because she thought she loved him, I
forgot. But soon after the wedding his step-daughter Terry came to down.
At first Bobbie and Terry hated each other so it was a source of great
tension between the newlyweds. But eventually Terry and Bobbie found
common ground and became friends. By this time, Brock was hitting Bobbie.
She was in the process of divorcing him, or she was going to leave him and
he was murdered. I remember that both Bobbie and Terry were suspected in
the crime, but I think it turned out that Ginny Blake Webber had actually
done him in (not 100% sure, memory fuzzy here).

2. Jake Meyer. They were good friends and it eventually turned to love
after his relationship with Rose Kelly ended. Jake had a one night stand
with Lucy Coe and Lucy got pregnant. Bobbie and Jake wanted to raise the
child, but Lucy had a miscarriage. Eventually, Jake got a job out of town
and he wanted Bobbie to come with him. She refused and they quietly
divorced (I still remember the scene when Jake came back for Bobbie and
she said no).

3. Tony Jones. Once again, good friendship that turned into something
more. They were happily married (read: boring) for a long time. The
breaking point was when Bobbie's former rival Lucy made a bet with Damian
Smith that he couldn't bed any woman that Lucy chose for him. Lucy chose
Bobbie, figuring the happily married woman would be an impossible target.
Unfortunately, Damian proved to be better at his job than Lucy thought and
Bobbie fell for him. They had a brief affair and Tony caught them together
(kissing in a stairwell, I think). This was at the same time that BJ died
and the strain of both terrible events pulled them apart. They briefly got
back together quite some time later, but Tony's heart wasn't in it and he
easily fell into an affair with Carly. Thanks to Stefan who wanted Bobbie
for himself, Bobbie caught Carly and Tony in bed together and the marriage
was officially over.

--
Judi Sohn - ju...@discovernet.net
Mom at Home Design - http://www.discovernet.net/usr/judis/momathome/home.html

Lilac423

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

>Eventually, Jake got a job out of town
>and he wanted Bobbie to come with him. She refused and they quietly
>divorced

Didn't Scott have a role in their divorce? He wanted her back or something, so
he intercepted a letter???

Michelle

Judi Sohn

Mar 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/1/98

In article <19980301210...@ladder02.news.aol.com>,
lila...@aol.com (Lilac423) wrote:

> Didn't Scott have a role in their divorce? He wanted her back or
something, so
> he intercepted a letter???

Yes, I think you're absolutely right now that you mention it. Thanks. :-)
I know they actually divorced because Jake left town, but I think Scotty
(as he was known back then) did have a big part in their breakup.

Adrian

Mar 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/2/98

On Sun, 01 Mar 1998 14:02:38 -0800, je...@port-charles.com (Jeff
Jungblut) could possibly, in their infinite wisdom, have said:

>This is all from memory and I've probably left out or screwed up some of
>the details. Anyone else want to elaborate?

She looked fabulous all the way through.

*pout*

ADRIAN DOWN-UNDER-ZEMAN
--
CEO,FGC Bobbie;Bobbie Zone: http://www.alphalink.com.au/~gobobbie
Hubby of beautiful patt; McAmy's love chunk; my Falcon Crest site:

Marty Hood

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

On 1 Mar 1998 15:26:22 GMT, jakl...@aol.com (Jaklyn123) wrote:

>I would like a list of Bobbie's Husbands and how why married and left Bobbie.

I don't know exactly how many she had, but I think it was 12 and they
all left her because she annoyed them to no end!

--
Marty Hood
jh...@du.edu

Adrian

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

On Tue, 03 Mar 1998 07:03:43 GMT, jh...@du.edu (Marty Hood) could

possibly, in their infinite wisdom, have said:

>On 1 Mar 1998 15:26:22 GMT, jakl...@aol.com (Jaklyn123) wrote:
>
>>I would like a list of Bobbie's Husbands and how why married and left Bobbie.
>
>I don't know exactly how many she had, but I think it was 12 and they
>all left her because she annoyed them to no end!

Marty re-read the question. We're not talkin' about your trailer park
moma-in-a-mu-mu, silly!

Marty Hood

Mar 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/3/98

On Tue, 03 Mar 1998 10:03:09 GMT, gobo...@alphalink.com.au (Adrian)
wrote:

>On Tue, 03 Mar 1998 07:03:43 GMT, jh...@du.edu (Marty Hood) could
>possibly, in their infinite wisdom, have said:
>
>>On 1 Mar 1998 15:26:22 GMT, jakl...@aol.com (Jaklyn123) wrote:
>>
>>>I would like a list of Bobbie's Husbands and how why married and left Bobbie.
>>
>>I don't know exactly how many she had, but I think it was 12 and they
>>all left her because she annoyed them to no end!
>
>Marty re-read the question. We're not talkin' about your trailer park
>moma-in-a-mu-mu, silly!

Don't bring Amy Vining into this!

Sandy C

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

I know Scott had a role in Lucy's divorce from Alan Q.

Sandy C

Sandy C

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

1. DL Brock - (played by David Groh of Rhoda fame) was a rich
businessman with Terry Brock his bitchy daughter. He had a huge
financial set back when a cannery he owned blew up, and was sued for
millions. He then began to beat Bobbie up bad. One time rendering her
unconsious. When she woke up he was dead - murdered. She was accussed,
but the real culprit was Ginny Blake (it was self defense). Ginny later
married Rick Webber (now that marriage should be invalid, but no one
talks about that since Lesley came back from the dead).

2. Jake Meyer (Sam Behrens from SuBe) was a lawyer and there were real
happy til he had an affair with Lucy Coe. Lucy got pregnant, and that
ended the marriage. After Lucy misscarried and Bobbie would not take
him back he left for South America.

3. Tony Jones - no need to talk about this guy.
4. Stefan Cassadine - Ditto.

Bobbie was engaged to Ray Deluca, a mobster who was Luke's best friend,
when they both worked for Frank Smith. Luke was ordered to kill Mitch
Williams (Tracy Q's hubbie) and Laura stopped him by hiding his car keys
and trapping them up in the hills. Knowing that Mitch wasn't taken out,
Luke would be dead, so Ray went to kill him and waas killed himself.
Bobbie really hated Laura for this and blamed her for everything, even
though she saved her brother, this was Bobbie's first relationship with
a man who really loved her and was not using her for sex.

She was also involved with Dr. Noah Drake (played by Rick Springfield).
When he stared to show signs of boredom and started to date Tiffany
Hill, Bobbie had an accident where she lost her sight. Feeling guilty,
Noah went back to her. When she regained her sight, she pretended to be
blind to keep him. Eventually the truth came out and she lost him, and
he left town.

Bobbie has had affairs with Damien Smith and Scotty Baldwin, and almost
with Alan Q.

Well for 20 years on the show, that not so bad.

Sandy C

Michele Jackson

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

Sandy C wrote in message <6dq4is$9m1$1...@newsd-161.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

>I know Scott had a role in Lucy's divorce from Alan Q.

>Sandy C

Yeah, aside from always threatening to report Lucy for Victor
Jerome's "murder," Scott also got Lucy pregnant during her marriage
to Alan. She wanted a Q heir and Alan
wouldn't sleep with her, so she went to a party and tried to find a tall,
intelligent, dark haired guy to sleep with her, so she could pass the baby
off as Alan's. She chose an appropriate guy and got into bed to create
the baby, but the lights were off and Scott slipped under the covers with
her. She didn't find out it was him until after. So, she was pregnant and
told
the Qs it was Alan's baby, but Scott knew the truth and was threatening
to expose all, all during the pregnancy. Lucy ended up miscarrying.
I don't know how much this
contributed to her divorce, because Alan realized that his marriage
to Lucy was
a mistake even before she got pregnant and I can't even remember that
he found out about Lucy and Scott's various maneuverings. Michele

Michele Jackson

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

Sandy C wrote in message <6dq4gq$9lu$1...@newsd-161.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

>2. Jake Meyer (Sam Behrens from SuBe) was a lawyer and there were real
>happy til he had an affair with Lucy Coe. Lucy got pregnant, and that
>ended the marriage. After Lucy misscarried and Bobbie would not take
>him back he left for South America.

>Sandy C

But Bobbie forgave Jake for sleeping with Lucy. She was even to raise
Lucy's baby as their own. Their marriage survived the infidelity but not
the distance after Jake left (think Sam Behrans went to Knots Landing).
Michele

May's Pearls of Wisdom

Mar 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/6/98

Didn't Scott have something to do with the breakup? I seem to remember he
was living and had his law office in the Brownstone's basement apartment. He
intercepted Jake's mail and phone calls to Bobbie.

May

Michele Jackson

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

May's Pearls of Wisdom wrote in message
<3500DA0B...@kandinsky.hf.intel.com>...

>Didn't Scott have something to do with the breakup? I seem to remember he
>was living and had his law office in the Brownstone's basement apartment.
He
>intercepted Jake's mail and phone calls to Bobbie.
>
>May

Yes he did and then he used Bobbie's vulnerability and pain over
the break up to get her into bed. Michele

Su

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

Not likely, since hooking was the one common trait they both share. Lucy was
a prostitute long before she came to Port Charles. This fact was revealed in
a conversation between them years ago.

As far as after their arrival in PC, it's close:

Bobbie: Scott, Jake, Roy, Tony, Damian, Stefan.
Lucy: Kevin O'Connor, Tony, Alan, Jake, Scott, Kevin Collins

DLFROMAL wrote in message <19980309012...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...
>How about a list of all of the men Bobbie has slept with over the years....
I'm
>guessing it'll be a pretty long list....... even longer than Lucy's.....

Shannon Alton-Anderson

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

Someone said that Lucy was a prostitute before her arrival in PC. Is
that true??

Shannon
FGC Brenda, Keeper of her bouncy ponytail

DLFROMAL

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Nona and Kari

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Bobbie married Brock, Jake, Tony and Stefan. She had several lovers
besides. I may have even missed one or more, but this is the basic husband
list for Bobbie. As one who has watched this since before Bobbie, I can
say that Bobbie's most important love was Roy, the guy with the mob who
shot the senator married to Tracy Quartermaine, that Luke was supposed to
kill. The Senator didn't die, but Roy did. This was a defining moment for
the character Bobbie is today. It was the same moment when she went from
being a bad girl to becoming a respected character today. Just as Alan
Quartermaine changed Monica forever so many years ago when he stopped
paying for her services, and married her.

Kari

Tante Joan

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 20:17:55 -0600, "Su" <emed...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Not likely, since hooking was the one common trait they both share. Lucy was
>a prostitute long before she came to Port Charles. This fact was revealed in
>a conversation between them years ago.

I don't remember this at all. Lucy was a librarian who was leading a
double life as Kevin's (the OTHER Kevin's) secret lover. According to
her Aunt Charlene, she was a lot of trouble, but that's it. Not to
say that I haven't blocked the memory out, of course, but I'd want
confirmation from another source. Somebody? Anybody?
TJ

Stephanie Accongio Dray

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Su wrote:

> Not likely, since hooking was the one common trait they both share. Lucy was
> a prostitute long before she came to Port Charles. This fact was revealed in
> a conversation between them years ago.

What??!

When Lucy came on the show she was a librarian. And it wasn't just a ruse,
she's mentioned her library science degree many times since then. She was a
mousy librarian who Kevin O'Connor seduced into helping him with his maniac
schemes because she was insecure and would do anything to please him.

If she was a prostitute _before_ becoming a librarian, I don't remember
anything about it, but she'd have had to have been very young, and I think her
Aunt Charlene and Cousin Colton Shore would have mentioned it when they came to
town.

Are you sure you didn't misunderstand?

Sincerely,
Stephanie Dray

Kathleen Lenkeit

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

tan...@airmail.net (Tante Joan) writes:

>"Su" <emed...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Not likely, since hooking was the one common trait they both share.
>>Lucy was a prostitute long before she came to Port Charles. This
>>fact was revealed in a conversation between them years ago.
>
>I don't remember this at all. Lucy was a librarian who was leading a
>double life as Kevin's (the OTHER Kevin's) secret lover. According to
>her Aunt Charlene, she was a lot of trouble, but that's it. Not to
>say that I haven't blocked the memory out, of course, but I'd want
>confirmation from another source. Somebody? Anybody?

I agree with TJ. There was never any mention of Lucy
having been a prostitute at any time in her life, before
or after moving to the town of Port Charles.

Kathleen

Kami

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

>Su wrote:
>
>> Not likely, since hooking was the one common trait they both share. Lucy was
>> a prostitute long before she came to Port Charles. This fact was revealed in
>> a conversation between them years ago.
>
>What??!
>
>When Lucy came on the show she was a librarian. And it wasn't just a ruse,
>she's mentioned her library science degree many times since then. She was a
>mousy librarian who Kevin O'Connor seduced into helping him with his maniac
>schemes because she was insecure and would do anything to please him.
>
>If she was a prostitute _before_ becoming a librarian, I don't remember
>anything about it, but she'd have had to have been very young, and I think her
>Aunt Charlene and Cousin Colton Shore would have mentioned it when they came to
>town.
>
>Are you sure you didn't misunderstand?
>
>Sincerely,
>Stephanie Dray

Repeating myself from another thread..... I recall when during an argument
between Charlene and Lucy, Charlene threatened to reveal something about
Lucy's past. But I don't remember this ever coming up again.

Kami

--
http://www.users.interport.net/~kamiscot

Kami

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

>>Not likely, since hooking was the one common trait they both share. Lucy was
>>a prostitute long before she came to Port Charles. This fact was revealed in
>>a conversation between them years ago.
>

>I don't remember this at all. Lucy was a librarian who was leading a
>double life as Kevin's (the OTHER Kevin's) secret lover. According to
>her Aunt Charlene, she was a lot of trouble, but that's it. Not to
>say that I haven't blocked the memory out, of course, but I'd want
>confirmation from another source. Somebody? Anybody?

>TJ

Tante Joan

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Whatever it was, it wasn't THAT.
TJ

Pillutla, Ramesh & Carolyne

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

I don't think Lucy was ever a prostitute, although she has been a
con-woman extrordinaire.
Wasn't Bobbie's Aunt Ruby also a prostitute in a former life, before she
got the diner and went honest?

CJ

Patt B.

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Pillutla, Ramesh & Carolyne wrote:

> Wasn't Bobbie's Aunt Ruby also a prostitute in a former life, before she
> got the diner and went honest?

I'm not sure whether they ever said Ruby was a prostitute, but she *was*
a madam at the House of Ill Repute at which Bobbie worked. patt.

--
FRC Adrian: net.daddy of my net.daughter
FGC Luke: Keeper of the Mischievous Twinkle in His Eye

Michele Jackson

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

maryb wrote in message ...
> >Please tell me you're speaking rhetorically. Although I've no doubt
>that Alan's money and position were what initially attracted
>Monica, I don't recall ever seeing hands exchange $$.
>
>(I agree 100% with what you said about Bobbie, though)
>
>Mary

Lucy and Monica worked out of the same brothel. That's
why they've never liked each other. It started when Lucy
stole that one John from Monica. Michele

Kat Swan

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Michele Jackson wrote:

> Lucy and Monica worked out of the same brothel. That's
> why they've never liked each other. It started when Lucy
> stole that one John from Monica. Michele

No way! I don't remember any such thing EVER happening or being
discussed on GH. It really seems to me that somebody's imagination is
seriously running away with them.

Katswan
FGCs Gina, Mac, Tony; FPCs Lee, Rhonda
Member FGCs Alexis, Carly, Jason, Jax, Luke, Mike, Nikolas, Robin
Member FPCs Bennett, Eve, Karen, Kevin
FGCOs AJ & Carly, Mac & Felicia); FGB Jacks Cosmetics
FPCOs Kevin & Lucy, Scott & Eve; FPB The Recovery Room Bar
FOCs Dorian, Viki, Andrew, Nora, Bo, RJ

Jamie

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998 23:58:14 -0600, sha...@webtv.net (Shannon
Alton-Anderson) wrote:

>Someone said that Lucy was a prostitute before her arrival in PC. Is
>that true??

I don't think so. Wasn't she a librarian?

Jamie
Co-CEO FGC Lois, Unlimited ** FGC Dorman ** FGC Dara
FGC Alexis, Keeper of Family Acceptance & History
FGCO Ned & Lois - Second Time's a Charm ** SWATCH
MHPC Chris Ramsey ** FGB The Brownstone ** SESIDAR
MHGC Katherine, Keeper of Status Prejudice
FGC Mike, Keeper of the Mischief in his Eye
FGC Justus, Keeper of the Keys to the Penthouse
MHG/PC & FG/PB List Keeper

Jamie

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 15:31:38 -0600, "Pillutla, Ramesh & Carolyne"
<pill...@airmail.net> wrote:

>Wasn't Bobbie's Aunt Ruby also a prostitute in a former life, before she
>got the diner and went honest?

WAY before the diner, Ruby was a madam. I don't remember if we were
ever told whether she was a prostitue before that - although many
madams are/were.

Jim

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Kat Swan wrote:

> Michele Jackson wrote:
> >
> > Lucy and Monica worked out of the same brothel. That's
> > why they've never liked each other. It started when Lucy
> > stole that one John from Monica. Michele
>
> No way! I don't remember any such thing EVER happening or being
> discussed on GH. It really seems to me that somebody's imagination is
> seriously running away with them.

Naah. It sounds like Michele has turned into a clone of Adrian and
Marty Hood. Besides, the brothel (love that word!) was secretly owned
by Edward Quartermaine.

JimR, who wonder's if Lucy's duck will ever win a SOD award.

Amy McWilliams

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 11:01:51 -0400, Jim <ji...@hargray.com> wrote:

>JimR, who wonder's if Lucy's duck will ever win a SOD award.

We can only hope.

--
McAmy
FGC Sigmund,

Adrian

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

On Mon, 09 Mar 1998 15:31:38 -0600, "Pillutla, Ramesh & Carolyne"
<pill...@airmail.net> could possibly, in their infinite wisdom, have
said:

>Wasn't Bobbie's Aunt Ruby also a prostitute in a former life, before she

>got the diner and went honest?

not sure if she herself was a prostitute, but Aunt Ruby was the madam
of the brothel that Bobbie grew up in.

*pout*

ADRIAN DOWN-UNDER-ZEMAN
--
CEO,FGC Bobbie;Bobbie Zone: http://www.alphalink.com.au/~gobobbie
Hubby of beautiful patt; McAmy's love chunk; my Falcon Crest site:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/7734/falconcrest.htm

Kat Swan

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Ah, damn! She caught me on that one! Pulled me in and threw me into the
ice bucket.

> JimR, who wonder's if Lucy's duck will ever win a SOD award.

Did somebody say "Duck"?!

Katswan, who's been waiting to catch a duck for over a year!
FGCs Gina, Mac, Tony; Member FGCs Alexis, Carly, Jason, Jax, Luke, Mike,
Nikolas, Robin; FGCOs AJ & Carly, Mac & Felicia; FGB Jacks Cosmetics
FPCs Lee, Rhonda; Member FPCs Bennett, Eve, Karen, Kevin; FPCOs Kevin &

Michele Jackson

Mar 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/10/98

Jim wrote in message <350555...@hargray.com>...

>Naah. It sounds like Michele has turned into a clone of Adrian and
>Marty Hood. Besides, the brothel (love that word!) was secretly owned
>by Edward Quartermaine.
>

>JimR, who wonder's if Lucy's duck will ever win a SOD award.

Yes, I wouldn't have said it, except there was a separate thread stating
that Lucy had once been a prostitute as well and with both of these
unlikely queries arising at the same time, I could not resist. There have
been a handful of C-City prostitutes on AMC (even their pimps got
lots of airtime) and then we had Judith
Light's famous story on OLTL. Karen and Katrina were major
characters. However, GH mainly just has Bobbie. It's
a hooker-deprived soap. Michele