GH: cast salaries...anybody know them?

David Romas

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

Was debating with a friend what amounts daytime actors (GH people
specifically) make per year in salary. My own thinking was that
they probably don't make as much as we fans might generally
assume. My guess is that a cast member of substantial tenure
(say, 8+ years running) on the show probably brings down about
$60-70,000. I bet the daytime actors who make as much as
$100,000 are few and far between.

But maybe I'm way off. Does anyone have any facts about actors'
salaries on GH?

David Romas
ac2...@wayne.edu
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"Lucky, that's pretty massive." - Elizabeth 3/23/98

Daniel Rowan

Mar 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/25/98

David Romas wrote in message <6fcf9b$f...@drn.newsguy.com>...

Does anyone have any facts about actors'
>salaries on GH?

I know for a fact that Tony Geary, Genie Francis, and Susan Lucci each make
a million a year. As for the others I'd say they start at about 100,000
with a vanessa Marcil type getting about 500,000. That's my guess.

Rebecca Rowan
FGC Stefan

Adrian

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

On 25 Mar 1998 18:41:47 -0800, David Romas <ac2...@wayne.edu> could

possibly, in their infinite wisdom, have said:

>Was debating with a friend what amounts daytime actors (GH people
>specifically) make per year in salary. My own thinking was that
>they probably don't make as much as we fans might generally
>assume. My guess is that a cast member of substantial tenure
>(say, 8+ years running) on the show probably brings down about
>$60-70,000. I bet the daytime actors who make as much as
>$100,000 are few and far between.
>

>But maybe I'm way off. Does anyone have any facts about actors'
>salaries on GH?

Hi David,

From memory, you are some-what off :) Daytime regulars get paid big
bucks, which isn't surprising given their huge workload during the day
five days a week and remembering lines at night. Susan Lucci is
rumoured to have broken the million dollar mark sometime ago (as per
the excert below), if I'm not mistaken, though this might include her
TV movies as well.

A _1989_ Soap Opera Digest special edition on the 'Private Lives of
Soap Stars', had this to say:

The average soap star earns $151,000 per year, while only 18 percent
of the US public has a household income over $50,000

22% of male soap stars surveyed earned over $200,000, while only 9 per
cent of female soap stars said they earned that much.

14 per cent of male soap stars earn less than $96,000, while 25 per
cent of women make less than that.

A _1990_ SOD inside report said the following:

Established stars like Tristan Rogers rake in *well* over $500,000 a
year. According to the tv actors union, non-contract
actors/day-players earn a meare $520 per day on a one hour soap, and
$390 per day on a half hour soap.

Who is the highest-paid performer on soaps? Apparently Susan Lucci,
who earns $1.3 million a year for her work as Erica. In 1987, Lucci's
salary first passed the one-million mark.

From Rags to Riches: Per Episode $s:

Larry Hagman (then JR, Dallas) $125,000+
Susan Lucci $5,000+
Top Daytime stars with $3,000
longevity and a hot storyline
Popular daytime star but not $2,000-2,500
as popular as top star
Second string daytime actor $700-1,000
(newcomer or back burner)

Average daytime soap actor $1,500

*pout*

ADRIAN DOWN-UNDER-ZEMAN
--
CEO,FGC Bobbie;Bobbie Zone: http://www.alphalink.com.au/~gobobbie
Hubby of beautiful patt; McAmy's love chunk; my Falcon Crest site:

Samantha Turner & Dan McBride

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

When Marcy Walker played eden on Santa Barbara, i read an article where
she said her vacation pay was bigger than what her father made in a
year. I was also under the impression that durig that time, she was the
highest paid actor on daytime, but i don't really know when that time
was.

Anyone else remember this?

Samantha Turner

Lovely Miss Lorelei

Mar 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/26/98

Daniel Rowan wrote:

> I know for a fact that Tony Geary, Genie Francis, and Susan Lucci each make
> a million a year. As for the others I'd say they start at about 100,000
> with a vanessa Marcil type getting about 500,000. That's my guess.

Rebecca,

I was just curious how you know this for a fact. Did you read it? Do
you work at the network? Do you work at ADP (the payroll people)? Are
you an accountant who does the tax returns of the rich & famous?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking you (without breaching any
sort of trust you have with whomever gave/told you the info) to put a
little more facts in. I don't question your information so much as I
question the presenting of it as fact, without any backing info.

It is well known that LaLucci, Deirdre Hall, and other top name stars
get high salaries, as well as lucrative contracts (bonuses, vacations,
etc.). It is also known that most regular soap stars do not earn
"megabucks", but most are probably paid more than your average 40hr
a week office-day-job type.

--Lorelei

Amy McWilliams

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:16:41 -0500, Lovely Miss Lorelei
<lore...@ziplink.net> wrote:

>I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking you (without breaching any
>sort of trust you have with whomever gave/told you the info) to put a
>little more facts in. I don't question your information so much as I
>question the presenting of it as fact, without any backing info.

I've read in print in a soap magazine that Geary was given a million a
year when he came back to the show as Bill Eckert. I simply assumed
the original poster had seen similar figures for the other people in
question.

--
McAmy * mcwil...@tamu.edu * http://http.tamu.edu/~aem2192/geary.html
CEO, FGC LUKE: Keeper of the Worldview and the Outdated Endearments;

Daniel Rowan

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

Lovely Miss Lorelei wrote in message <351B0C...@ziplink.net>...

>Rebecca,
>
>I was just curious how you know this for a fact. Did you read it?

I read it in a soap magazine a long time ago-I think when Laura was coming
back the first time. The info. just stuck in my mind.

Rebecca

>--Lorelei

Lynelle F

Mar 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/27/98

On Fri, Mar 27, 1998 03:14 EST, "Daniel Rowan " <dro...@citizen.infi.net>
wrote:

I remember reading the same article. I can't remember the time frame but that
sounds about how long ago it was. And I've read other mentions of stars'
salaries, though never such a comprehensive article as that particular one was.
Everything
I've read seems to indicate the same range of salaries. And,
I'm sure that by 1998, these have gone up considerably. Of
course, the actors have to pay an agent, and then sometimes
they have managers, PR people, personal assistants, and all
that, so they don't get that full amount of money. But I don't
think that they have to worry too much about paying the rent --
just hanging onto their lucrative contracts.

Lynelle

Lovely Miss Lorelei

Mar 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/28/98

> Lovely Miss Lorelei wrote in message <351B0C...@ziplink.net>...
> >Rebecca,
> >
> >I was just curious how you know this for a fact. Did you read it?
>
> I read it in a soap magazine a long time ago-I think when Laura was coming
> back the first time. The info. just stuck in my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to clear it up for me! As I said, I
didn't doubt the info, but the reference is always nice :)

--LML