MST Comic Book

1 view

M Sampo

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's basically
a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
offer it through the fan club as well.

That's all the info we have right now. When we know more, we'll pass it
on.

Chris "Sampo" Cornell
For complete MST3K information, turn your WWW crank to:
http://www.mst3kinfo.com
Home of the Official MST3K FAQ

Jess Nevins

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

M Sampo wrote:

> We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
> about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
> that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
> we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's basically
> a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
> other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
> sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
> offer it through the fan club as well.
>
> That's all the info we have right now. When we know more, we'll pass it
> on.

Ah. Thanks, Sampo - you just scratched that intellectual itch I couldn't
reach.

jess

Jello

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

M Sampo (msa...@aol.com) wrote:
: We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
: about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
: that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
: we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's basically
: a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
: other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
: sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
: offer it through the fan club as well.

: That's all the info we have right now. When we know more, we'll pass it
: on.

Bery Bery inteereschtink.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
Jello aka Aron Craig Anime Otekku Treasurer
je...@felix.cc.gatech.edu CS Freakboy #946*E^24
www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt5568a/ao A.I.D.S. Member #138
www.photobooks.com/~jello/tailor.html MSTie #59744
____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____

Jamie Plummer

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

Mike Barklage (bark...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU) wrote:
: msa...@aol.com (M Sampo) writes:

: >We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
: >about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
: >that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
: >we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's basically
: >a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
: >other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
: >sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
: >offer it through the fan club as well.

: So, for the first time, we're getting original MST material from people
: outside of Best Brains.

: Hmmm... on one hand, it's always nice to have more MST around, and BBI
: does get final approval. But on the other hand, the horrible, horrible
: word "FRANCHISE" is swirling around my head.

: I hope BBI takes care to avoid letting other people do subpar work in
: their names. And if the SFC Comic *isn't* any good, they need to ignore
: the dollar signs and strike it down.

"NO, sir, I don't like it."

It's one thing that the Brains will only be involved in
approving it. But if this is Sci-Fi's baby, why do I feel
they'll be getting someone like a young Scott Lobdell rather
than say, an Evan Dorkin....

(Speaking of comics, I finally read the two issues of Alan
Moore's SUPREME I had lying around for a month. WOW! If
you're any kind of comics fan, go out and get this stuff NOW.)

Jess Nevins

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

Jamie Plummer wrote:

> Mike Barklage (bark...@ucsu.Colorado.EDU) wrote:
> : msa...@aol.com (M Sampo) writes:
>
> : >We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
> : >about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
> : >that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
> : >we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's basically
> : >a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
> : >other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
> : >sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
> : >offer it through the fan club as well.
>
> : So, for the first time, we're getting original MST material from people
> : outside of Best Brains.
>
> : Hmmm... on one hand, it's always nice to have more MST around, and BBI
> : does get final approval. But on the other hand, the horrible, horrible
> : word "FRANCHISE" is swirling around my head.
>
> : I hope BBI takes care to avoid letting other people do subpar work in
> : their names. And if the SFC Comic *isn't* any good, they need to ignore
> : the dollar signs and strike it down.
>
> "NO, sir, I don't like it."
>
> It's one thing that the Brains will only be involved in
> approving it. But if this is Sci-Fi's baby, why do I feel
> they'll be getting someone like a young Scott Lobdell rather
> than say, an Evan Dorkin....

Well, I for one have complete confidence that the Brains will
exercise proper quality control on this one.

And, really, if it makes more money for the Brains, I'm all for it.

> (Speaking of comics, I finally read the two issues of Alan
> Moore's SUPREME I had lying around for a month. WOW! If
> you're any kind of comics fan, go out and get this stuff NOW.)

Definitely. Especially the EC-Horror-Meets-The-Justice-League issue.
Great stuff.

jess

Mike Barklage

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

msa...@aol.com (M Sampo) writes:

>We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
>about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
>that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
>we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's basically
>a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
>other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
>sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
>offer it through the fan club as well.

So, for the first time, we're getting original MST material from people
outside of Best Brains.

Hmmm... on one hand, it's always nice to have more MST around, and BBI
does get final approval. But on the other hand, the horrible, horrible
word "FRANCHISE" is swirling around my head.

I hope BBI takes care to avoid letting other people do subpar work in
their names. And if the SFC Comic *isn't* any good, they need to ignore
the dollar signs and strike it down.

Mike Barklage

bark...@ucsu.colorado.edu -- MSTie #19634 -- http://rtt.colorado.edu/~barklage
"I laugh in the face of danger... then I hide until it goes away."
-- Xander, _Buffy the Vampire Slayer_

Noah Singman

Jul 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/19/97

Jess Nevins wrote:

> Well, I for one have complete confidence that the Brains will exercise
> proper quality control on this one.

It's not the Brains I'd worry about. After MST3K:TM (as much as I
enjoyed it, I think their original vision for the ending was even
better), my only real concern is that they HAVE real creative control.

> And, really, if it makes more money for the Brains, I'm all for it.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!! Of course, I've offered my financial health
in sacrifice to BBI many times already. Take my money, BBI!! Ravage my
net worth!! Enrich yourselves, and give us more, more, more MST3K!!!

Noah
MST#59539
I've never smoked, but I have a strange urge for a cigarette . . .

Charles Odell

Jul 20, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/20/97

On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:05:51 GMT, jc...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU
(Jamie Plummer) smeared across the heavens this following message:

[MST3k comic book suff munched and masticated.]

Exactly

>(Speaking of comics, I finally read the two issues of Alan
>Moore's SUPREME I had lying around for a month. WOW! If
>you're any kind of comics fan, go out and get this stuff NOW.)

Well, I'm no comics fan, Jamie, but since the only comic books I've
ever read that I really, really like is Moore's WATCHMEN, I'll
definitely take this under advisement.

(Well that, and Scott McCloud's UNDERSTANDING COMICS, but I don't
think that one really counts.)
Charles Odell cod...@cyberwar.com
"For a time, I didn't think Generations was that good,
and then I saw Twister, and I said, 'You know what?
Generations was great.' I guess I'll never work with
Jan De Bont." -- Brent Spiner

Tim ludd

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

>We've been getting reports from comic book fans for several weeks now
>about a supposed MST Comic Book in the works. Sci Fi Channel now confirms
>that this is so, but we are told that no final deal has been struck, and
>we don't have any details about its content or writers yet. It's
basically
>a Sci-Fi deal, and MST3K staffers themselves won't be directly involved
>other than to approve it. The comic book, if it goes through, would be
>sold in the Sci Fi merchandise catalog, but they don't know if they'll
>offer it through the fan club as well.
>
>That's all the info we have right now. When we know more, we'll pass it
>on.

Well, as a certified comic freak, I for one will be pleased to check out
this little alternative best brains-child..
Timludd
MSTie
#71923
P.S. hey did anybody catch the Simpsons Comic (tm) paying homage to our
favorite show? It's a short story, but it's really
cool.
it's The Simpsons #30, Check it Out.
Later

Kennedy

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

> Well, I'm no comics fan, Jamie, but since the only comic books I've
> ever read that I really, really like is Moore's WATCHMEN, I'll
> definitely take this under advisement.
Oh......the most scrumptious WATCHMEN....... Truly awesome, and yet
it lent itself to MST'ing soooo well. (I used to go over it coming up
with lines, most of them probably not that good. If someone could dig
up a script I'd love to try my hand at it, but I'm not about to
transcribe 200 some pages.)
This leads us too:
#More comics deserve to be MST'ed. I'm working on a "Don't do coke"
one from the late eighties by photocopying pages, drawing in my own word
balloons, pasting the silloheutes (huh?) to the bottom and photocopying
again. It's incredably expensive and a serious pain, but I've never
heard of it done before sol....
#Eeeghads! Good stuff might perhaps lend itself to some uhhh...
light-hearted jesting in the nature of fun with no disrespect intended
and several wavers signed. It's fairly obvious, but I get treated like
a heathen for it so often.
-Ken
Find the unintentional MSTy typo!

Jeff Henry

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

Though I wish it was written by BBI, I still can't wait. Does anyone
know who is going to publish it?

Jonah13NYC

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

I prefer "Kingdome Come" over "Watchmen". Don't ask why. Actually, "The
Golden Age" beats them both.

Jonah Falcon

ultimA OnLine = AOL

jon...@nycnet.com
jonah...@aol.com

Evan Talbott

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

Kennedy wrote:

> > Well, I'm no comics fan, Jamie, but since the only comic books I've
> > ever read that I really, really like is Moore's WATCHMEN, I'll
> > definitely take this under advisement.

Sorry for piggy backing off your post, but...

There are MUCH more great ones then that. For one thing, absolutely
anything by Frank Miller is amazing. Let's see...the entire
Daredvil/Elektra/Kingpin's wife Saga. Daredevil: The Man Without Fear,
and Daredevil: Love and War. Then there's Batman: Year 1, Batman: The
Dark Knight Returns, plus Give Me Liberty, and, of course, his
masterpiece, Sin City. Then you have Neil Gaiman, who's Sandman may very
well be the best ongoing series ever. And finally there's Jim Starlin,
who's Thanos/Captain Marvel/Warlock/Infinity Gauntlet Saga is one of the
best (and longest) storylines comics has to offer.

And even that doesn't scratch the surface. You have countless terrific
undergrounds, like Peter Bagge (Hate) Dan Clowes (Eightball) and Art
Spiegelman (Maus).

Anyway, there's my two cents, though I'm not going to get paid even that
much...
--
Evan Talbott (be...@erols.com)
MST# 72138

"A poet carries his words on the carriage of rhythm...probably because
they're too lazy to walk" -Nietzsche

Norb42

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Run out from Boneville, Evan Talbott found himself in a forested vally

full of strange and terrifying creatures who wrote:
>There are MUCH more great ones then that. For one thing, absolutely
>anything by Frank Miller is amazing. Let's see...the entire
>Daredvil/Elektra/Kingpin's wife Saga. Daredevil: The Man Without Fear,
>and Daredevil: Love and War. Then there's Batman: Year 1, Batman: The
>Dark Knight Returns, plus Give Me Liberty, and, of course, his
>masterpiece, Sin City. Then you have Neil Gaiman, who's Sandman may very
>well be the best ongoing series ever. And finally there's Jim Starlin,
>who's Thanos/Captain Marvel/Warlock/Infinity Gauntlet Saga is one of the
>best (and longest) storylines comics has to offer.

>And even that doesn't scratch the surface.

Sheesh, this thread could go on forever. Personally, I gave up on the
superhero stuff early (save for Dark Knight Returns) and currently thrive
off weird little indie titles. I was content when I could pick up a new
Sandman and Bone every couple of months. Now, Gaimanless, I make do . . .

And, Kennedy, rest assured that when I conquer this planet with my race of
ur-people, there will be fine comix for everyone, and ALL the female
characters will obey the laws of gravity! HEH HEH HEH!

Norb

Well, that got weird . . .

Jello

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Norb42 (nor...@aol.com) wrote:

: Sheesh, this thread could go on forever. Personally, I gave up on the

: superhero stuff early (save for Dark Knight Returns) and currently thrive
: off weird little indie titles. I was content when I could pick up a new
: Sandman and Bone every couple of months. Now, Gaimanless, I make do . . .

: Norb

Have you seen Gaiman's new novel, Neverwhere? Just thought i'd mention it
in case you missed it, i know the bookstore where i worked only got one
copy in.

Sir STACK

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

In mentioning Great comic series, No one can leave out PREACHER the most
Ballsiest, best written monthly title ive ever read (and ive read many)
and of course, "KURT BUSIEK'S ASTRO CITY" which in case some of u dont
know, takesa city full of superheroes viewed through the eyes of normal
human beings. Also recommened is "MIRACLE MAN (formally Marvel Man)"
another "Superman type, meets reality in hard way". Strangly enough it was
written by who else but......... Alan Moore, writer of Supreme.

Jesse Lee Herndon (SirS...@aol.com) MSTie # 56045
"Yep, I pulled an all nighter!" 'You studied all night?!' "I Was supposed to study?!"
~Crow T. Robot and Gypsy take a Test, MST3K #806

Bruce

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

I would like to see an MST3K comic that MiSTs other comics. Think about it. Seeing one
of the crappier issues of X-Force, Thor, or New Mutants get the MST treatment. All they
have to do to make room for the guys would be to take these old comics and reduce the
size of the panels one by one, then put them in the borders where we can watch them riff
the book in half.

Some comics I would personally like to see MiSTed.

1.) the Spider Clone storyline (ugh!!!)
2.) New Mutants
3.) Youngblood
4.) any of the recent issues of Blueperman (was Superman, to all you casual comics fans)
5.) Anything else by Extreme studios other than Supreme
6.) WildCATs spinoffs
7.) X-Force
8.) the Maxx (cool, but so weird! Imagine some of the lines BB could come up with)
9.) any early 90s issues of Thor
10.)anything else written and drawn by Rob Liefeld

Sir STACK

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

>Some comics I would personally like to see MiSTed.
>
>1.) the Spider Clone storyline (ugh!!!)
Sorry to tell u, but Ben Reilly (Spidey's clone) Had more personality and
story value than the CRAP that was happening in Spidey before he showed
up. He gave the title a Purpose, which has been lost again with the
ressurection of every crappy old villain in the book. Have them MSTie "The
Death Of Superman" which was the most pointless series ever (IMHO)

>2.) New Mutants
>3.) Youngblood
>4.) any of the recent issues of Blueperman (was Superman, to all you
casual comics fans)
>5.) Anything else by Extreme studios other than Supreme
Supreme hasnt ALWAYS been a Moore Product, hell before him, it was a very
stinky title.

>6.) WildCATs spinoffs
>7.) X-Force
>8.) the Maxx (cool, but so weird! Imagine some of the lines BB could
come up with)
>9.) any early 90s issues of Thor
>10.)anything else written and drawn by Rob Liefeld
Well said!! Although i liked the Cap revival (except for his art) he puts
out tons of worthless pointless crap every month. He had to hire Moore to
cover up for the fact his comics suck!

"These Balloons come in Funny shapes and stuff"
"Not unless U think Round Is Funny"
(5 poop ref)

Jamie Plummer

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Charles Odell (cod...@cyberwar.com) wrote:
: On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:05:51 GMT, jc...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU

: (Jamie Plummer) smeared across the heavens this following message:

: [MST3k comic book suff munched and masticated.]

: Exactly

: >(Speaking of comics, I finally read the two issues of Alan
: >Moore's SUPREME I had lying around for a month. WOW! If
: >you're any kind of comics fan, go out and get this stuff NOW.)

: Well, I'm no comics fan, Jamie, but since the only comic books I've

: ever read that I really, really like is Moore's WATCHMEN, I'll
: definitely take this under advisement.

Well, I reccomended it to comics fans because there's a lot of
references to thge history of comics, from the Golden Age on.
I've read 5 of his 9 issue (so far) run run and I'm really
enjoying it.

If you're familiar with the differnent styles of comics
throughout the years, you shpould get a real kick out of it.

(IF anyone's been wondering about my atrocious spelling lately,
it's becasue I've been stuck using tin over a 3000-mile
connection on a 14.4 modem and the delay between the time I hit
the key and the letter's appearance on screen is quite long.
ANd since I'm posting from work, I simply don't have the time
to go back and coorrect everything.....)

BTW, Charles, when will you be by Charlottesville again?

--
Jamie Plummer jc...@virginia.edu URL: faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~jcp9j

Ian Brill

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97
> Some comics I would personally like to see MiSTed.
>
> 1.) the Spider Clone storyline (ugh!!!)
> 2.) New Mutants
> 3.) Youngblood
> 4.) any of the recent issues of Blueperman (was Superman, to all you casual comics fans)
> 5.) Anything else by Extreme studios other than Supreme
> 6.) WildCATs spinoffs
> 7.) X-Force
> 8.) the Maxx (cool, but so weird! Imagine some of the lines BB could come up with)
> 9.) any early 90s issues of Thor
> 10.)anything else written and drawn by Rob Liefeld

Rob Liefeld? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian Brill

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

Charles Odell wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:05:51 GMT, jc...@faraday.clas.Virginia.EDU
> (Jamie Plummer) smeared across the heavens this following message:
>
> [MST3k comic book suff munched and masticated.]
>
> Exactly
>
> >(Speaking of comics, I finally read the two issues of Alan
> >Moore's SUPREME I had lying around for a month. WOW! If
> >you're any kind of comics fan, go out and get this stuff NOW.)
>
> Well, I'm no comics fan, Jamie, but since the only comic books I've
> ever read that I really, really like is Moore's WATCHMEN, I'll
> definitely take this under advisement.
>
> (Well that, and Scott McCloud's UNDERSTANDING COMICS, but I don't
> think that one really counts.)
> Charles Odell cod...@cyberwar.com
> "For a time, I didn't think Generations was that good,
> and then I saw Twister, and I said, 'You know what?
> Generations was great.' I guess I'll never work with
> Jan De Bont." -- Brent Spiner
Hey, McClouds's Understanding Comics might be the best thing that
ever came out the medium.

Kristin Marie Bachman

Jul 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/22/97

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Bruce wrote:

-----HUGE-snippetty-----

> 4.) any of the recent issues of Blueperman (was Superman, to all you
casual comics fans)

Blooperman?

Ed Gruberman?

*THUNK*

Kristin Bachman, Eternal Imaginator
Ow.
I'll think I'll go lie down now.
ri...@csd.uwm.edu

TCurryFan

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

"Kristin Marie Bachman <ri...@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu>"

>On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, Bruce wrote:
>
>-----HUGE-snippetty-----
>
>> 4.) any of the recent issues of Blueperman (was Superman, to
>>all you casual comics fans)
>
> Blooperman?
>
> Ed Gruberman?

I'm gonna have to give you a boot to the head for that one...

> *THUNK*
>
>Kristin Bachman, Eternal Imaginator
>Ow.
>I'll think I'll go lie down now.

Good idea.

>ri...@csd.uwm.edu

"Did anything about that seem strange to you?"
-Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones), _Men_in_Black_
Catherine Johnson ---------- MiSTie #75,125 ---------- TCur...@aol.com

Dave Howlett

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

In article <19970722102...@ladder01.news.aol.com>,
sirs...@aol.com (Sir STACK) wrote:

> "These Balloons come in Funny shapes and stuff"
> "Not unless U think Round Is Funny"
> (5 poop ref)

Raising Arizona! One of my faves.

BTW...5 poop? Maybe I shoulda stayed quiet..

-dave

"The watchdog of public safety...is there any lower form of life?"
-C. Montgomery Burns

Jonah13NYC

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

No, no, no.

Blooperman is Ed McMahon and his
sidekick is Woody (Dick Clark).

M Sampo

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

>So, for the first time, we're getting original MST material from
>people outside of Best Brains.

A little update here:
I said earlier that BBI will not have any direct input in it, except to
approve it. Well, after some huddling at BBI it appears that it is too
early to tell whether BBI staffers themselves will have input or not. The
deal, as noted, is not set. So they MAY be involved in the writing. We'll
see.

JWilson SD

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

The MST Comic Book is going to riff on other books but ones that Acclaim
can get the permission easily for.

Some books currently that you can get out there in comic land that are
good.

Kurt Busiek's Astro City
Starman
Stormwatch
Transmetropolitan
A Touch of Silver
Starchild
Sin City
Robin
Thunderbolts

Soon to be
Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America
Here Come the Big People

Until later
John

John's Remarks at the Comic Readers Network on AOL
Love Potion Softie #9 - read the E-Column - http://members.aol.com/chrisglson/sftg.html
"A man knows his underwear" - Mike Nelson

Sir STACK

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

>Some books currently that you can get out there in comic land that are
>good.
>
>Kurt Busiek's Astro City
>Starman
>Stormwatch
>Transmetropolitan
>A Touch of Silver
>Starchild
>Sin City
>Robin
>Thunderbolts

Can't Forget PREACHER or the upcoming KINGDOM (the kingdom come prequel
series)

max

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

JWilson SD wrote:

> The MST Comic Book is going to riff on other books but ones that Acclaim
> can get the permission easily for.
>
> Some books currently that you can get out there in comic land that are
> good.
>
> Kurt Busiek's Astro City

This isn't just good. It's consistently one of the best out there. I
recommend it. Quality stuff.

> Starman

Haven't read it.

> Stormwatch

Haven't read it in years. Used to be one of the better Image titles
(which isn't saying much). Has it gotten better?

> Transmetropolitan
> A Touch of Silver

Never heard of these two before. I'll try to find a copy and give them a
try.

> Starchild

Can't find it. Supposed to be very good though.

> Sin City

Ah yes, Frank Miller in his element. Anything with Frank Miller and the
word "sin" in the title has to be good.

> Robin

Yup. Easily DC's best series. I also suggest _Superboy_And_The_Ravers_
and Supergirl.

> Thunderbolts

Haven't tried it. People say it's good.

> Soon to be
> Avengers

Who's going to be working on it now?

> Iron Man

Is Jim Lee staying on this book? I heard someone say that he was.

> Captain America

Yes! Finally Mark Waid returns. He should track down Rob Liefeld and
beat him with Cap's shield until he's a nice frappe.

> Here Come the Big People

???

> Until later
> John

But you forgot one of my favorites: The Spectre!!! Sure, it's rather
grim, but it's about a bad-ass cop that's been dead for 60 years that was
bonded to the living embodiement of the wrath of GOD and sent back to
earth to carry out GOD's judgements with almost unlimited power. How
much cooler can you get than that? Please try it. The book did drop off
for a while, but it's starting to pick up steam again and return to it's
previous standards (check out issues 1-16 and you'll see what I mean).
Sales are low so please don't let this masterpiece get canceled (or worse
yet, changed and damaged beyond repair).

Thank you for letting me promote one of my favorite comics.

--Bruce

Mike Barklage

Jul 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/24/97

max <m...@usit.net> writes:

>JWilson SD wrote:

>> Here Come the Big People

>???

Trace Bealieau's new comic.

JWilson SD

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

In article <33D72D...@usit.net>, max <m...@usit.net> writes:

>JWilson SD wrote:
>>
>> The MST Comic Book is going to riff on other books but ones that
Acclaim
>> can get the permission easily for.
>>
>> Some books currently that you can get out there in comic land that are
>> good.
>>
>> Kurt Busiek's Astro City
>
>This isn't just good. It's consistently one of the best out there. I
>recommend it. Quality stuff.

Totally agree

>> Starman
>
>Haven't read it.

Anything from James Robinson seems to work for me these days... Starman is
one of my must buys.

>> Stormwatch
>
>Haven't read it in years. Used to be one of the better Image titles
>(which isn't saying much). Has it gotten better?

IMHO, best team book in comics today

>> Transmetropolitan
Warren Ellis... need I say more

>> A Touch of Silver
Flagship title of the Image "nonline" For every person who has collected
comics as a kid.

>> Starchild
>
>Can't find it. Supposed to be very good though.

Available through Image's nonline

>> Sin City
>
>Ah yes, Frank Miller in his element. Anything with Frank Miller and the
>word "sin" in the title has to be good.
>
>> Robin
>
>Yup. Easily DC's best series. I also suggest _Superboy_And_The_Ravers_
>and Supergirl.
>
>> Thunderbolts
>
>Haven't tried it. People say it's good.
>
>> Soon to be
>> Avengers

Kurt Busiek, George Perez, Al Vey

>> Iron Man
Kurt Busiek, Sean Chen.

>> Captain America
>
>Yes! Finally Mark Waid returns. He should track down Rob Liefeld and
>beat him with Cap's shield until he's a nice frappe.
>

>> Here Come the Big People

Answered in another post but Trace's new book with art by Amanda Connor
(homina homina)

>But you forgot one of my favorites: The Spectre!!! Sure, it's rather
>grim, but it's about a bad-ass cop that's been dead for 60 years that was

>bonded to the living embodiement of the wrath of GOD and sent back to
>earth to carry out GOD's judgements with almost unlimited power. How
>much cooler can you get than that? Please try it. The book did drop off

>for a while, but it's starting to pick up steam again and return to it's
>previous standards (check out issues 1-16 and you'll see what I mean).
>Sales are low so please don't let this masterpiece get canceled (or worse

>yet, changed and damaged beyond repair).
>
>Thank you for letting me promote one of my favorite comics.
>
>--Bruce

I used to love the Spectre... I found Haunting of America too long...
Sorry to be the one to give you the news.. but it is being cancelled at
issue#63 after Ostrander/Mandrake's final story arc "The Search for God"

Until later
John