remember the script, but what's the play?

herothatdied

Apr 26, 2004, 4:05:59 PM4/26/04
Hello all - hope someone can help solve a mystery for me. Ten years ago, in
a book I can no longer find, I found a monologue from a play in which a shy
man and a belly dancer have a conversation on his balcony. Her speech about
the art of belly dancing features a passage in which a Shiek, after seeing
her perform asks her to come with him to Araby. She answers "'Shiek, ya'll
got bicuits and gravy over there?' And he says 'What's biscuits and
gravy?'" Which proves to be a deal breaker for the belly dancer. She
finishes the monologue: "That's my story bub. Now, where's the wine?"

Does anybody know this play? - htd

Isabella

Apr 27, 2004, 12:39:35 AM4/27/04
That would be Shivaree, by (I think) William Mastrosimone.

Allison Williams

"herothatdied" <heroth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message