Google Grup tidak lagi mendukung postingan atau langganan Usenet baru. Konten lama masih dapat dilihat.

Best Musical/Anastasia

16 kali dilihat
Langsung ke pesan pertama yang belum dibaca

IzBa...@aol.com

belum dibaca,
26 Des 1996, 03.00.0026/12/96
kepada

<< > Best Movie Musical of the '90s: Beauty and the Beast - I'll give you
this one...at least until ANASTASIA comes out in 1997 >>

Fascinated by this mention. Can you tell me what this project is? Is it based
on the earlier play and film about Anna Anderson's claim to the Russian
tittle? The Broadway musical ANYA or any of its subsequent revisions?
Animated or live? Who are the talent involved? This is a story that has
always fascinated me and I am curious to hear more about it.

Bart

Ludlow29

belum dibaca,
26 Des 1996, 03.00.0026/12/96
kepada

ANASTASIA is a project being produced by the Bluth Company with a score by
Flaherty and Ahrens. I saw a trailer today and frankly would put it in
the same category as THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME: this is a human drama
that doesn't really benefit from animation.

Certain stories (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, 101 DALMATIONS, etc.) can use
animation to suggest a fantasy world that could not be approximated in any
other media as imaginatively. I think this is further proven by how much
easier it is to accept talking teapots (of normal small dimensions) and
dogs with personalities in Disney cartoons than to accept, say, singing
teapots --of human proportions--on stage.

Conversely, adding cute dancing dogs to Czarist Russia and singing
gargoyles to Notre Dame are not my ideas of story enhancement.

Shannon Russell

belum dibaca,
6 Jan 1997, 03.00.0006/01/97
kepada

ludl...@aol.com (Ludlow29) wrote:

>ANASTASIA is a project being produced by the Bluth Company with a score by
>Flaherty and Ahrens. I saw a trailer today and frankly would put it in
>the same category as THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME: this is a human drama
>that doesn't really benefit from animation.

Where did you see the trailer? Just curious.

Shannon Russell

Ludlow29

belum dibaca,
7 Jan 1997, 03.00.0007/01/97
kepada

Shannon Russell

+++++++

I believe it proceeded a showing of ONE FINE DAY.

snow...@bigfoot.com

belum dibaca,
7 Jan 1997, 03.00.0007/01/97
kepada

On Mon, 06 Jan 1997 15:12:38 GMT, ru...@mindspring.com (Shannon
Russell) wrote:

>ludl...@aol.com (Ludlow29) wrote:
>
>>ANASTASIA is a project being produced by the Bluth Company with a score by
>>Flaherty and Ahrens. I saw a trailer today and frankly would put it in
>>the same category as THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME: this is a human drama
>>that doesn't really benefit from animation.
>
>Where did you see the trailer? Just curious.
>
>Shannon Russell

I also saw the trailer, during the previews before "One Fine Day."

Andrew J. Fox

belum dibaca,
7 Jan 1997, 03.00.0007/01/97
kepada

)
)Where did you see the trailer? Just curious.
)
)Shannon Russell
)
)+++++++
)
)I believe it proceeded a showing of ONE FINE DAY.
)

Complete with a person whom I can only assume is Liz Callaway singing.

ajf

Andrew's World http://pages.nyu.edu/~ajf7892
"The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be
when you kill them" --William Clayton
"If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit with me"
--Dorothy Parker
***********A I'M NOT BITTER, I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU PRODUCTION***********

0 pesan baru