Where to get valves for confetti canons?

dd

Jun 6, 2012, 2:45:56 PM6/6/12

I've seen some confetti canons that have a circular valve in them. It has small
holes in it that let out CO2. I don't know what the valves are called...someone
told me they're called evacuation valves and are used in chemical plants to
quicly remove gases that accidentally get released, but I couldn't find any
using that term. Does anyone know what else they might be called, or better yet
where to get them?

Thanks!

Denny Strauser

Jun 7, 2012, 1:55:39 AM6/7/12
A theatre company I've worked with (squonkopera.org) used small CO2
cartridges. I also did one show with Polyphonic Spree. Their 4 confetti
cannons were fed by 2 compressed gas reservoirs that looked like 5
gallon gas cans. The Spree's confetti cannons hit the back of the
balcony. We were cleaning up that glitter confetti for weeks. They set
them off on the first song. For a few seconds ... I thought I was having
a flashback from my TRIPPING daze ....

- Denny

Atlantic Illumination Entertainment Lighting

Jun 13, 2012, 7:09:42 AM6/13/12

*** You might try:

Streamer Effects International
Salisbury, NB