A funny thing happened....

1 view

Stan Jensen

Jan 28, 2004, 10:58:26 PM1/28/04
In the Wewstwood Boarders books last night.

In case no one was aware, Nicholas Meyer was there last night autographing
copies of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. A friend of mine and his
wife were there at the signing (so I could get a copy signed as well <g>).
I talked to him earlier tonight....

He said that the first question to Nick Meyer was "what would it take for
you to come back and save Star Trek?"

I won't get into what N. Meyer said (as relayed by my friend), but the
question was asked more than five more times that evening, well in earshot
of the Paramount execs that were accompianing Mr. Meyer.

Just thought people here would want to know this.:)

ToolPackinMama

Jan 28, 2004, 11:02:08 PM1/28/04

THANK YOU! :)

Count 1

Jan 29, 2004, 1:16:00 AM1/29/04

"Stan Jensen" <sp...@wonderful.spam> wrote in message

Awww...C'mon!!! Spill it!!!

What **would** it take?

Bo Raxo

Jan 29, 2004, 3:31:03 AM1/29/04

"Count 1" <omnipi...@yahoon.com> wrote in message

Why would we think it would take anything other than:

1. Creative control

2. Buckets and buckets of shekels and ducats.

Which, come to think of it, would get me to take the job, too.

If called by Paramount to save Trek, I stand ready to serve. And all I can
say is: Mirror Universe invasion.

Anthony J. Bryant

Jan 29, 2004, 9:24:43 AM1/29/04
Stan Jensen wrote:

> I won't get into what N. Meyer said (as relayed by my friend),

Oh, for crying out loud!!!

What did Meyer say?

Tony

J R Laredo

Jan 29, 2004, 10:34:19 AM1/29/04
If "the country that should have stayed lost" would be his idea of saving
Enterprise, stay away.

Ian Bland

Jan 29, 2004, 12:16:21 PM1/29/04
"Stan Jensen" <sp...@wonderful.spam> wrote in message
> In the Wewstwood Boarders books last night.
>
> In case no one was aware, Nicholas Meyer was there last night autographing
> copies of Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. A friend of mine and his
> wife were there at the signing (so I could get a copy signed as well <g>).
> I talked to him earlier tonight....
>
> He said that the first question to Nick Meyer was "what would it take for
> you to come back and save Star Trek?"
>
> I won't get into what N. Meyer said (as relayed by my friend), but the

Tease...

:)

Ian
--
____________________
A quality online comic strip

www.jaxtrawstudios.com

Eric Newman

Jan 29, 2004, 3:46:12 PM1/29/04
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:16:00 -0800, "Count 1"
<omnipi...@yahoon.com> had this to say:

A lobotomy?

Eric Newman

Jan 29, 2004, 3:46:35 PM1/29/04
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:31:03 GMT, "Bo Raxo"
<invasio...@thepentagon.removethis.com> had this to say:

Gul Ducats?

The Macho Milquetoast

Jan 29, 2004, 8:40:05 PM1/29/04
"Bo Raxo" <invasio...@thepentagon.removethis.com> wrote in message

3. A lifetime supply of Romulan Ale

4. Free transporter rides

James

Vetteguy

Jan 30, 2004, 10:42:17 PM1/30/04

"Eric Newman" <nava...@myway.com> wrote in message
Gul Sheckel?

Bo Raxo

Jan 31, 2004, 5:34:18 PM1/31/04

"Vetteguy" <Vett...@Driving.Corvette.nz> wrote in message

> "Eric Newman" <nava...@myway.com> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:31:03 GMT, "Bo Raxo"
> > <invasio...@thepentagon.removethis.com> had this to say:
> >

> > >"Count 1" <omnipi...@yahoon.com> wrote in message

> > >for

> the
> > >earshot

> > >Why would we think it would take anything other than:
> > >
> > >1. Creative control
> > >
> > >2. Buckets and buckets of shekels and ducats.
> >
> > Gul Ducats?
> >
> Gul Sheckel?

Daimon Ducats?