[NEWS] - Captain Kirk coming to ENTERPRISE?

Stan Jensen

Apr 1, 2004, 4:33:00 PM4/1/04
Captain Kirk coming to ENTERPRISE?
Actor reveals he has an idea in mind for the return of Kirk

William Shatner has revealed that he has come up with an idea for having
his STAR TREK character make an appearance on ENTERPRISE. Even though the
prequel series is set 150 years before Kirk's time, the actor said his idea
is viable within the realm of escapist entertainment.

Shatner made his announcement during an interview segment televised on
eTalk Daily, a Canadian entertainment news program. The only thing holding
back the actor is a decision from UPN on whether ENTERPRISE will return for
a fourth season or not. "I haven't presented [the idea] to them yet because
I don't know whether they're coming back," Shatner told the show. "So
you're learning for the first time that I have in my hip pocket a way of
bringing the character back and making it logical in science fiction terms
- which means it's totally illogical!"

Apr 1, 2004, 4:38:57 PM4/1/04
On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:33:00 GMT, Stan Jensen <sp...@wonderful.spam>
wrote:

If this did not fit in with Shatner's view of himself being the center
of the universe, I'd say it was an April Fool's joke. But given that
Shatner feels that he must be the center of attention of everything
Trek, I dunno. Would not put it past him.

Sooner or later, all of our names wind up on a Post-It.

Jonathan Rodriguez

Apr 1, 2004, 4:56:46 PM4/1/04

"Avatar" <ava...@donoteventhinkaboutit.com> wrote in message

I also think it is April's fool.....

did you read about TrekLAnd! LOL!

and Klingon Eyew for the Human Guy?????

LMAO!

First Fallen

Apr 1, 2004, 5:11:35 PM4/1/04
> I also think it is April's fool.....
>
> did you read about TrekLAnd! LOL!
>
> and Klingon Eyew for the Human Guy?????
>
> LMAO!

This was reported on the Cinescape website today

Anybody

Apr 1, 2004, 7:46:04 PM4/1/04
In article <rs0bc.7426$Ig.5942@pd7tw2no>, "First Fallen"
<no...@nope.com> wrote:

It is possible using Star Trek's pre-occupation with Time Travel these
days ... but it's not really what many of the fans would want. :-\

Mr. Obviouis

Apr 2, 2004, 12:31:25 PM4/2/04

It'd be a great ratings gimmick that might pump Enterprise up for a couple
of weeks ratingswise, but it would not cure the overall malaise that Berman
and Braga have smothered the Franchise in. And to be fair, they may be
running the franchise per the instructions of the Suits who run the whole
magilla at Paramount. I've come to suspect it's a bit of both.

Resurrecting Kirk would be the easy part. All that has to happen is for the
Enerprise to connect with the Nexus, where time has no meaning. It flips
around the galaxy every 37 years, was it?

Getting an interesting tale out of it might be another can of worms
altogether, but the activity at the 'Bring Back Kirk' website
http://www.bringbackkirk.com
in terms of the trailer download indicates a lot of fans would love to see
it happen.

With Shatner in his 70s, if it's going to be fixed and allow Kirk to ride
off into the sunset, it needs to happen soon and Enterprise is the only
forum left for it to happen in.

If Enterprise survives, that is.

Eric Newman

Apr 2, 2004, 7:51:19 PM4/2/04

Or, given that without special effects William Shatner can play only
the movie-era Kirk -- and the *later* movie-era Kirk, at that --
perhaps he travels back to Archer's time at some point between the
events of ST:VI and Generations.

GMAN

Apr 8, 2004, 8:28:02 PM4/8/04
In article <rr2p60hn7oqhjl8bg...@4ax.com>, Avatar <ava...@donoteventhinkaboutit.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 21:33:00 GMT, Stan Jensen <sp...@wonderful.spam>
>wrote:
>
>>Captain Kirk coming to ENTERPRISE?
>>Actor reveals he has an idea in mind for the return of Kirk

>>William Shatner has revealed that he has come up with an idea for having
>>his STAR TREK character make an appearance on ENTERPRISE. Even though the
>>prequel series is set 150 years before Kirk's time, the actor said his idea
>>is viable within the realm of escapist entertainment.
>>
>>Shatner made his announcement during an interview segment televised on
>>eTalk Daily, a Canadian entertainment news program. The only thing holding
>>back the actor is a decision from UPN on whether ENTERPRISE will return for
>>a fourth season or not. "I haven't presented [the idea] to them yet because
>>I don't know whether they're coming back," Shatner told the show. "So
>>you're learning for the first time that I have in my hip pocket a way of
>>bringing the character back and making it logical in science fiction terms
>>- which means it's totally illogical!"
>
>If this did not fit in with Shatner's view of himself being the center
>of the universe, I'd say it was an April Fool's joke. But given that
>Shatner feels that he must be the center of attention of everything
>Trek, I dunno. Would not put it past him.

But ya know what, the shows that really mattered seemed to be when he was the
center of the Star Trek universe.

Meat Curtains

Apr 22, 2004, 1:25:48 PM4/22/04
I could see an episode where T'Pol mentors a young Kirk while he
trains at the academy or something like that.

Keeper of the Purple Twilight

Apr 22, 2004, 3:07:24 PM4/22/04
Meat Curtains wrote:
> I could see an episode where T'Pol mentors a young Kirk while he
> trains at the academy or something like that.

By the time Kirk gets anywhere near the academy, T'Pol will be almost
200 years old...she is 65 now, and Kirk won't even be born until 2233,
so (assuming Kirk enters the academy at 17 or 18, putting it at 2251)
T'Pol will be almost 170 years old. She will probably be retired on
Vulcan at that point.

--
"No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we
have pulled down the stars to our will."