[NEWS] - Enterprise Gets Limited Renewal?

Stan Jensen

Apr 1, 2004, 4:34:32 PM4/1/04
Enterprise Gets Limited Renewal?

UPN will green-light a fourth season of Star Trek: Enterprise, but will
only give the struggling SF series a 12-episode commitment, according to a
rumor on the SyFy Portal Web site. Citing two sources, SyFy Portal added
that Enterprise could earn another 12-episode order if the ratings for the
initial dozen episodes merit it.

The site noted that the retooled Enterprise, bolstered by heightened action
and the Xindi arc, has performed reasonably well against such stiff
competition as the Fox juggernaut American Idol and The WB's popular
Smallville. SyFy Portal noted that it was still unclear whether or not
longtime Trek executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga would
continue to run the show if it does return. A final announcement about the
fate of Enterprise is expected within the next two weeks.

Phil Latio

Apr 1, 2004, 6:16:47 PM4/1/04
APRIL FOOL!!!!

"Stan Jensen" <sp...@wonderful.spam> wrote in message

Lucas Bachmann

Apr 1, 2004, 6:43:15 PM4/1/04

Straker wrote:

> Okay, I don't get this. Enterprise gets barely better ratings than The
> Mullets did, and that show was cancelled pretty quickly. The Mullets
> couldn't have been nearly as expensive to produce as Enterprise is. So
> why hasn't Enterprise gone the way of the other show? It's not even
> UPN's best rated show anymore, not by a long shot. As a "trophy" show,
> it's quite tarnished.

Merchandising?

Anybody

Apr 1, 2004, 7:47:48 PM4/1/04
In article <zp1bc.6477$nr4....@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, "Phil Latio"
<P...@nospam.blowjob.org> wrote:

> "Stan Jensen" <sp...@wonderful.spam> wrote in message
> > Enterprise Gets Limited Renewal?
> >
> > UPN will green-light a fourth season of Star Trek: Enterprise, but will
> > only give the struggling SF series a 12-episode commitment, according to a
> > rumor on the SyFy Portal Web site. Citing two sources, SyFy Portal added
> > that Enterprise could earn another 12-episode order if the ratings for the
> > initial dozen episodes merit it.

> <SNIP>
>
> APRIL FOOL!!!!

Who?? Anyone who believes this story or UPN numbskulls for going with
yet another season without first ditching Beavis & Butthead. ;-)

Keeper of the Purple Twilight

Apr 1, 2004, 7:49:41 PM4/1/04
Phil Latio wrote:

That news hit the 'net before April 1.

--
"No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we
have pulled down the stars to our will."

Samantha

Apr 1, 2004, 8:19:21 PM4/1/04
> That news hit the 'net before April 1.

I have talked to a few people who have said it's just a rumour and an untrue
one at that.

Bo Raxo

Apr 3, 2004, 12:33:27 AM4/3/04

"Straker" <sky....@moonbase.alpha> wrote in message
> In article <gm2p60da16qul76m1...@4ax.com>, Stan Jensen

> <sp...@wonderful.spam> wrote:
>
> > The site noted that the retooled Enterprise, bolstered by heightened
action
> > and the Xindi arc, has performed reasonably well against such stiff
> > competition as the Fox juggernaut American Idol and The WB's popular
> > Smallville. SyFy Portal noted that it was still unclear whether or not
> > longtime Trek executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga would
> > continue to run the show if it does return. A final announcement about
the
> > fate of Enterprise is expected within the next two weeks.

You're wrong about the ratings. The Mullets ran about a 1.2, and was
literally among the five lowest rated network shows in the country.

Enterprise ran a 4.2 with a six share, for 2002-2003, and the numbers for
this season are trending slightly higher.

http://www.upn11tv.com/2002_03_ratings.htm