Last Ounce Of Strength

Timothy Bruening

Nov 17, 2020, 6:49:42 PM11/17/20
Best of Both Worlds I: Picard vows to the Borg that he will resist them with his last ounce of strength. Since the Federation uses the metric system , and has done so for centuries, shouldn't Picard say "Last gram of strength"?

Scott Alfter

Nov 18, 2020, 11:44:59 AM11/18/20
In article <249c475d-979e-4da4...@googlegroups.com>,
Idiom usually doesn't change like that. Consider, for instance, "in for a
penny, in for a pound," which refers to a currency we (referring to
Americans) haven't used for over 200 years, yet we're still familiar with
the phrase.

_/_
(IIGS( https://alfter.us/ Top-posting!
\_^_/ >What's the most annoying thing on Usenet?